FM24: Liverpool 2.0

Staf9

WELCOME TO THE FM24 LIVERPOOL FC THREAD

Founded in 1892, the club joined the Football League the following year and has played its home games at Anfield since its formation. Domestically, the club has won 19 league titles, eight FA Cups, a record nine League Cups and 16 FA Community Shields.

image.png.9e7753ab8a18e7119dcffd33870ca22a.png

Squad

image.png.e32b9ea84f5197309d6c62a79d6b9aab.png

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so this year you have 3 starting options when you take over the club. you can start in Original, Real World or Your World. 

Original start is the normal FM start where you get the squad as is after the window has shut IRL

Real World start all transfers will happen as they did IRL on the set dates

Your World start any transfers that took place after the selected start date of your save IRL have not happened and wont happen. you will get to decide who is bought and sold. so you will have the chance to reverse any potential transfer mistakes from the summer

image.png.cb120cbfa27957d6b4ec91cd2f4e4279.png

For Liverpool in both Original and Real World version your starting budget is as below

image.png.5ea768365d63b3ca84db28b354009dd4.png

and in the Your World version you will start with a large budget 

image.png.dd06939fde2c67b3f572678da2f1dc4a.png

Your World Squad

image.png.c70ec51666509a3b3a26c7cc43c8b5d8.png

i normally start my main save with the first window closed. with that in mind i'll be looking to the Reserves to see who i can bring up and get the most out of. 

Harvey Elliot - potentially slightly lowered from previous FM but now has CM as set position. 

Bajcetic and Doak look like our highest potential youth (s they should be) 

all of Quanseh, Chambers, Clark all look like they could offer something early on and give you HG back up players going forward. both Ramsey and Bradley have the starting stats to be cover at RB and to be kept on as Trents back up long term

best available free Staff to target at the start of the game

Def Coaching - Daniele Baldini, Fabio Mahseredjian, Joelson Correia, Kevin Ball

Att Coaching - Lar Knudsen, Pedro Sallaberry, Jorge Serna, Damian Della Santa

GK Coaching - Luis Esteves, Patrick Foletti, Gianluca Spinelli

Fit Coaches - Anthony Colbert, Schneider Darian, Juan Cruz Anselmi

Set Piece Coach - Ewan Henderson, Stefano Zaccaro, Tomas Oliveira

Scouts - Frances Cagigao, David Trezquet, pavel Nedved, william Santos, Javier Ribalta, David Williams

i've excluded anyone who might retire within a year or so on this

12 minutes ago, guruhd said:

Is it just me who checks any new staff can speak some sort of English?

I do too. 

Also check their age and personality. I try not to sign and staff over 60, just means i'll have to replace them too soon.

I'm quite selective on which staff i employ, i currently have a Staff shortlist of over 140. 

Edited by Siven

Just had a look on the editor for PA of some youngsters.

Bajcetic, Doak pretty much guaranteed to be top quality prem league quality.

Carvalhao, K. Gordon, Morton have a high chance to be top prem league quality.

Bradley, Van den Berg, Ramsey, Clark, Chambers have an ok chance to be good quality.

Quansah (and another 10 youngsters) have a chance to be low-mid tier prem quality.

PA Spoilers:

Spoiler
Spoiler

Morton has a fixed 155 PA

Arroyo has a fixed 142PA

Rhys Williams fixed 145 PA

Nat Phillips fixed 136 PA

-9 (150-180)

Bajcetic

Doak 

-85 (140-170)

Carvalhao

K. Gordon

-8 (130-160)

Bradley

Van den Berg

Ramsey

Clark

Chambers

-75 (120-150)

Quansah

Beck, Cannonier, Frauendorf, Scanlon, Mabaya, Kone-Doherty, Koumas, Nallo, Nyoni, C. Pinnington.

Misclick protection spoiler tag

Edit: Doesnt seem to be a databse update on release day this year, kinda annoying as it means i could have started weeks ago!

Edited by Siven

6 hours ago, Siven said:

Just had a look on the editor for PA of some youngsters.

Bajcetic, Doak pretty much guaranteed to be top quality prem league quality.

Carvalhao, K. Gordon, Morton have a high chance to be top prem league quality.

Bradley, Van den Berg, Ramsey, Clark, Chambers have an ok chance to be good quality.

Quansah (and another 10 youngsters) have a chance to be low-mid tier prem quality.

PA Spoilers:

Hide contents
  Hide contents

Morton has a fixed 155 PA

Arroyo has a fixed 142PA

Rhys Williams fixed 145 PA

Nat Phillips fixed 136 PA

-9 (150-180)

Bajcetic

Doak 

-85 (140-170)

Carvalhao

K. Gordon

-8 (130-160)

Bradley

Van den Berg

Ramsey

Clark

Chambers

-75 (120-150)

Quansah

Beck, Cannonier, Frauendorf, Scanlon, Mabaya, Kone-Doherty, Koumas, Nallo, Nyoni, C. Pinnington.

Misclick protection spoiler tag

Edit: Doesnt seem to be a databse update on release day this year, kinda annoying as it means i could have started weeks ago!

i've put Quansah into the group with bradley as far as PA goes. definitley looks to be someone who could be a good PL defender  

16 hours ago, Staf9 said:

i've put Quansah into the group with bradley as far as PA goes. definitley looks to be someone who could be a good PL defender  

Quansah should be in the 140- 170 range personally speaking. What I've seen of him, The reports from his time last season at Bristol rovers he has matured into one heck of a player. Quick, Imposing and calm on the ball. 
For me, He's ahead of Gomez in the fight for CB position IRL. In game I'd have him out on loan for a year for the experience, as long as he gets played that is.

25 minutes ago, kopfan1977 said:

Quansah should be in the 140- 170 range personally speaking. What I've seen of him, The reports from his time last season at Bristol rovers he has matured into one heck of a player. Quick, Imposing and calm on the ball. 
For me, He's ahead of Gomez in the fight for CB position IRL. In game I'd have him out on loan for a year for the experience, as long as he gets played that is.

yeah i can see plenty of reasons to have him up to that level. i've upped him in mine to the same as Bradley and others as i felt he was too low in the game. at least he has a chance to develop a bit more and become a good 4th or 5th choice

Im unsure if i should loan out Quansah so he may play a lot, or keep Quansah at the club and make sure to give him game time as a sub and cup games.

I feel keeping him and having him tutored along with gametime here and there at top level will maybe help his progression more.

Bit pissed I still have Hendo and Fab, but no Gravenberch :lol: Anyway, sold Hendo to Spurs for £14Mil and didn't get bids for an injured Fab...Then got in Grav for £70 odd mil

Also got rid of Jota for a £49Mil loan to mandatory fee, then Fati in for £93Mil rising to £107Mil. Problem : I didn't negotiate his wage properly and he's on 250k going unto 300k with 5% pay rises each year which won't work in a couple of years. :thdn:

1 hour ago, kopsy101 said:

Bit pissed I still have Hendo and Fab, but no Gravenberch :lol: Anyway, sold Hendo to Spurs for £14Mil and didn't get bids for an injured Fab...Then got in Grav for £70 odd mil

Also got rid of Jota for a £49Mil loan to mandatory fee, then Fati in for £93Mil rising to £107Mil. Problem : I didn't negotiate his wage properly and he's on 250k going unto 300k with 5% pay rises each year which won't work in a couple of years. :thdn:

i just did the normal FM start. wasnt taking any risk of still having hendo at the club

Pre-season finished.

Playing 433 with inverted full back (left) and inverted wing back (right).

Normal FM start

Signings:

A load of staff.

Antonio Silva from Benfica for £42m and loaned him back until Jan so he gets game time and hopefully i can sell Matip in Jan.

Valentin Barca for £8m. Also loaned back until Jan. Hes more of a wingback for the left, maybe i can train his defensive stats up a bit more, if not then i can just a big profit on him. For that price i had to buy him. 

Assan Ouedraogo joins next season for £5.5m and Denis Seimen joins in Jan for £12m Both youngsters with high potential.

Sold a couple of backups who had a year left, then sorted a bunch of loans including Quansah to Coventry, hoping a season of championship football can boost him up nicely.

I may sell Virgil next season (hopefuly Matip will be gone by then too) and replace with Diomande or Guehi (English homegrown and good potential). Im going to keep Gomez, English, homegrown, good fullback cover (both sides now with inverted fullback).

Bajcetic is my future main DM. Endo is a good fill in until hes ready.

One bad thing about losing Hendo and Milner is a lack of good tutors. They were both model citizens, and now we really only have Alisson, Salah and Virgil, and Vigrils loyalty (hidden stat) is only 12.

Edited by Siven

2 hours ago, Siven said:

Pre-season finished.

Playing 433 with inverted full back (left) and inverted wing back (right).

Normal FM start

Signings:

A load of staff.

Antonio Silva from Benfica for £42m and loaned him back until Jan so he gets game time and hopefully i can sell Matip in Jan.

Valentin Barca for £8m. Also loaned back until Jan. Hes more of a wingback for the left, maybe i can train his defensive stats up a bit more, if not then i can just a big profit on him. For that price i had to buy him. 

Assan Ouedraogo joins next season for £5.5m and Denis Seimen joins in Jan for £12m Both youngsters with high potential.

Sold a couple of backups who had a year left, then sorted a bunch of loans including Quansah to Coventry, hoping a season of championship football can boost him up nicely.

I may sell Virgil next season (hopefuly Matip will be gone by then too) and replace with Diomande or Guehi (English homegrown and good potential). Im going to keep Gomez, English, homegrown, good fullback cover (both sides now with inverted fullback).

Bajcetic is my future main DM. Endo is a good fill in until hes ready.

One bad thing about losing Hendo and Milner is a lack of good tutors. They were both model citizens, and now we really only have Alisson, Salah and Virgil, and Vigrils loyalty (hidden stat) is only 12.

Couple of great signings in Quedragao and Siemen. I'll be looking at him as my long term GK to take over from Ali. i've the first window off but will try to get him in January and loan him to another PL side for 2 years. help with getting him HG 

tried to get Virg to sign a new deal but as a saudi side are interested he wouldnt. but that was in July. will try again after the Jan window. want to get 2 seasons out of him before looking for a fee

have gotten to the november int'l break in season 1. currently top by 1 point after 12 games. playing really well and scoring loads. we were knocked out of the leaue cup by Everton on Peno's after a 1-1 draw. 

window closed from the start and on relugar FM start. 

image.thumb.png.f110c92e82a8b81e30cc409a6d19be6a.png 

made a few tweaks to my tactics  and using this now

image.thumb.png.f66248c29bfa83b60e941ccd23b3d9bd.png

upto the 1st of Jan 2024. still top of the league by 2 points now to city. board wont give me a transfer budget for the window so limited in what i can do. 

celtic have requested to extend Nats loan and make it permanant. so i've gotten 5m loan and 5m mandatory fee from them. i got joel to sign an extension as there was no interest in him and figure i'll get a good fee in the summer window for him. all CB targets i have will cost big fees now so better to wait. thiago wouldnt extend so i placed him on the list for 20m. Al-Nassr bid 20 and i got them up to 40m so that deal will go through.

with that i've put in some bids for a couple of wonderkids to develop.

Denis Seimen - 10m total fee

Chris Rigg - 800k compensation

Assan Ouedraogo - 20m release

Joao Rego - 9.5m

have a 72m offer for jota from Newcastle and a 53m offer from PSG for joe gomez. not sure whether to accept them. long term i was planning on selling Jota but not until the summer. joe i wanted to keep but 53m is a big fee

39 minutes ago, Staf9 said:

have a 72m offer for jota from Newcastle and a 53m offer from PSG for joe gomez. not sure whether to accept them. long term i was planning on selling Jota but not until the summer. joe i wanted to keep but 53m is a big fee

managed to get PSG to bid 60m for joe so i've accepted it. too much to turn down

5 games into the PL season and I have won all 5 games, albeit against relatively average teams, so tougher tests to come.

As always I have transfers off to start the season so no transfers, most of pre-season was spent sorting out staff.

Pretty happy with my tactics though yet to be tested properly against a decent team.  I have 2 versions of the same tactic.  The main one is below which is pretty attacking.  TAA comes into midfield as an inverted wing back and Robertson piles forward down the left on the overlap, so essentially I am just left with a box of 4 players (Endo, TAA VVD, Gomez) sat in the middle of the field to defend any counter attacks before we get back into our defensive shape.

The second version of this is a bit more chilled out, Robertson reverts to a Inverted full back so forms a back 3 and its all more about just slowing things down and keeping possession, so as to take the sting out the game and save energy.

I switch between these 2 tactics during matches depending on the situation.

Only annoying thing so far, rookie error, I managed to somehow leave Doak out my Europa League squad!

Screenshot2023-11-09222222.thumb.png.dcab622ac3a21728247800d6afee8f66.png

Edited by guruhd

just coming to the end of March in season 1. top of the PL by 14 points after 29 games and looking set for the title. into the Semi's of the FA Cup and quarter finals of the europa. 

just got both Virg and Mo to sign new deals to 2026 so it gives me an extra season with both. 

youth intake was really good. 2 high potential CB's in. not much else but very happy with getting 2 like that

Struggling to get much output out of Nunez and Gakpo upfront, although I changed them to advanced forwards and i'm atleast getting a couple of goals here and there. However, Nunez has about 4 goals for me in December then got injured for 6 weeks. Gakpo isn't much better so I know which position i'm targetting next. 

Also, Alisson just got injured for 3 months with a training injury. Bloody idiot. i'm a couple of points off the top so that injury in particular will probably be quite damaging. 

I started with Trent in IWB so that he came into midfield, but teams seemed to be exploiting that position. I've since moved him to CWB and defensively we're a bit more sound, I also feel like we're more balanced. 

3 hours ago, kopsy101 said:

Struggling to get much output out of Nunez and Gakpo upfront, although I changed them to advanced forwards and i'm atleast getting a couple of goals here and there. However, Nunez has about 4 goals for me in December then got injured for 6 weeks. Gakpo isn't much better so I know which position i'm targetting next. 

Also, Alisson just got injured for 3 months with a training injury. Bloody idiot. i'm a couple of points off the top so that injury in particular will probably be quite damaging. 

I started with Trent in IWB so that he came into midfield, but teams seemed to be exploiting that position. I've since moved him to CWB and defensively we're a bit more sound, I also feel like we're more balanced. 

i have Nunez playing as AF and he's scoring plenty. not excessive amounts but what i'd generally expect. Gakpo has a good few as well but he roates between the AF rola and AML as IF A. i did put Nunez on training for the AF role which might help

Interestingly I am in to December from the normal start and absolutely flying.

Managed to sell Matip for 22.5Mill to PSG, Adrian for 3.4 Mil & Luke Chambers to West Ham for 3.5 Mill and a few of the other reserves including Cannonier with good potential future sell options.

Bought a Striker Marcos Leonardo for 18.5 Mill as my main investment.

Need to buy another GK ideally around 18 to support the Alisson and Kelleher in January

I have learnt that in FM I have too many midfielders. Not used Thiago or Endo really at all - retrained Elliot and Jones into DM and DLP respectively. Bajcetic has only had substitute appearances so far. Both Endo and Thiago are unhappy and asking to leave which I will try and do and may recall Morton as not featured to heavily at Hull.

Strikers havent hit the ground with Salah, Diaz (IF) and VVD top scoring. I think its more the tactic as getting a fair few assists - especially Jota. So will tweak the tactic until I get that correct - been rolling a 424 at home and away against anyone not a top 6 side and going to a 4231 away against strong opposition. 

My save at the moment

In

• Oscar Kelly (Rochdale) 250k
  • David Watson (Kilmarnock) 3M
  • Nathan Asiimwe (Charlton) 2M
  • Filip Bundgaard (Randers) 7.75M
  • Valentin Barco (Boca) 10M
  • Murray Johnson (Hibernian) 1.5M + 500k in add-ons
  • Rory Whittaker (Hibernians) 525k
  • Evan Ferguson 85M + 46M in add-ons
  • Yaser Asprilla (Watford) 17M
  • Antonio Nusa (Brugge) 26M

Future transfers

• Claudio Echeverri (River) 20M
  • Gianluca Prestianni (Velez) 12M
  • David Martinez (Monagas) 500k
  • Nestory Irankunda (Adelaide) 1.5M
  • Assan Ouedraogo (Schalke) 12M
  • Brooklyn Raines (Houton) free
  • Sam Curtis (St. Patricks) free

Out

• Luke Chambers (Derby) loan 13k fee
  • Paul Glatzel (Potsmouth) 41k
  • Mateusz Musialowski (Torquay) loan 2.5 fee
  • Joël Matip (Juventus) 22M
  • Marcelo Pitaluga (Bristol City) 84k
  • Isaac Mabaya (Eastleigh) loan 26k fee
  • Viteszlav Jaros (Western United) loan 18k fee
  • Fabian Mrozek, James McConnell, Terence Miles (Tranmere) loan
  • Bobby Clark (Bristol Rovers) loan
  • Jacob Poytress free

imagen.thumb.png.8683018d0c6d6bead970120be7fd4e5d.png

Edited by makul

On 04/11/2023 at 06:38, Staf9 said:

so this year you have 3 starting options when you take over the club. you can start in Original, Real World or Your World. 

Original start is the normal FM start where you get the squad as is after the window has shut IRL

Real World start all transfers will happen as they did IRL on the set dates

Your World start any transfers that took place after the selected start date of your save IRL have not happened and wont happen. you will get to decide who is bought and sold. so you will have the chance to reverse any potential transfer mistakes from the summer

image.png.cb120cbfa27957d6b4ec91cd2f4e4279.png

Always wanted to know what the difference between the 3 were. Just to be safe, i went for the Original

Anyone else think Konate isnt good enough to start?

I've gone out and got Scalvini from Atalanta

Also starting Doak ahead of Salah & so far, Doak has 5 goals from 7 matches with a match rating of 8.14

Edited by meadowsaaron38

Don't think I'm going to be playing my Your World Liverpool save much this year, not after how we walked everything in season 1. Nunez and Salah scored a combined 72 goals. Jota, Gakpo, Diaz and Beto all hit double digits with Doak chipping in 8 and 3 assists, Elliott and TAA both got 21 assists, think I'm gonna make a real world save and see how things go when I can't spend 235m + Fabinho getting the players I want and instead have to use players that either don't fit or are in a position I have too many options for, but first a summary of my season:

Transfers

In - Summer

• Jacob Greaves - Hull - 5M (10M) - 25k/w: I was worried both about my CB depth with 3 injury prone CBs and about LB depth because I didn't trust Kostas, so I picked up Greaves on the cheap. Played 15 games in all competitions and was generally solid in all of them, well worth the price.
  • Kamil Grabara - FC Kobenhaven - 4M (12m) - 50k/w: I'd read about the problems with injuries GKs were having while waiting on my game to install and decided I wanted none of that so brought back Grabara to be third choice. Was decent the 5 times I called on him despite conceding 10 goals in those games, with his 1 really bad game being cancelled out by him making up for it in the second leg of the Carabao semi final
  • Aurélien Tchouameni - Real Madrid - 50M (75M) + Fabinho - 220k/w: Bargain. Bargain taht I really shouldn't have been able to get, which is part of why I don't want to continue this save. Was absolutely rock solid when we needed him to be, sitting at the base of the diamond and helping mop up attacks, and even managed to chip in with 16 G+A in all competitions.
  • Manuel Locatelli - Sassulo - 22.5M - 70k/w: Bargain. Not really a standout the way Tchouameni was, even is he did manage 11 G+A with only a single Europa goal not being in the league, but Locatelli was there to do two things, sit deep and reliably connect the defence with the attack, and he did them both well.
  • Matt Grimes - Swansea - 5M - 25k/w: ...I wanted a left footed midfielder with decent crossing and stamina to back up Elliott. Grimes has 15 crossing, 16 natural fitness, 16 stamina and is left footed. It seemed like a good idea at the time? Was decent whenever he wasn't playing in the carabao anyway, and even managed to pick up a PL goal, not the worst transfer I've ever made.
  • Castello Lukeba - Olympique Lyonnais - 55M (80M) and a loan back - 100k/w: At the time this made perfect sense, as I didn't think Robertson or Tsimikas would fit the system as well as they do. Now it's not quite as sensible as they were both great as inverted fullbacks, as was Gomez, and Van Dijk still has a lot left in the tank despite being 32. I'll probably loan him out again then start playing him at LB unless someone has an absolute monster of a season.
  • Leandro Parades - Paris Saint Germain - Loan - 150k/w: He'd be a success for the 96th winner against United alone but he was actually really solid for us, averaging a 7.04 across the 25 starts and 20 substitute appearances he made in all competitions. Was mostly used as the backup for Locatelli and Tchouameni.

Out - Summer

• Matip - Arsenal - 22.5M: With Greaves coming in I didn't really need him and I've never really liked him in FM, so out he went. Played 2 games all season, both off the bench, so it would have been better for him if he stayed, but I don't think it would have been better for us.
  • Quansah - Plymouth - Loan: 38 games is a lot more than he would have got with us and his 6.82 rating is pretty good considering Plymouth finished 2 points off the drop. That said, he's unlikely to get anywhere near the first team for a while and if he does it'll be as a backup. I'll loan him back out next season.
  • Alex Oxlade Chamberlain and James Milner - Al-Ettifaq - 21.35M: Injury prone and aging respectively, on high wages, bye bye. Both have actually done pretty sell for themselves in Saudi Arabia to be fair, A.O.C getting 17 G+A in 34 and Milner getting 6 in the same.
  • Adrián - Al-Shabab - 1M: I just wanted him gone. He's ***** IRL and he's ***** in game.
  • Fabinho - Real Madrid - exchanged + money for Tchouameni: Has become ***** IRL and while that hasn't quite been properly reflected in game he's a bit on the slow side so I wanted him gone. Was actually decent for Madrid, though I do feel that if they had kept and played Tchouameni he would have done better than Fabinho did.
  • van den Berg - Blackburn - Loan: Actually did worse over the course of the season despite playing for a better team. Was very unimpressive and I'll probably look to move him on.
  • Ramsay - Huddersfield - Loan: Entirely to get his stocks up before moving him on, he does not  have the stamina to be the right side of the pitch the way I ask my RB to. Didn't really work, while 7 assists from RB for a distinctly mid-table Huddersfield is impressive, his overall performances weren't. Will probably go out on loan again.
  • Roberto Firmino - Brighton - Loan w/ 6.75m mandatory fee: I didn't need him and he wasn't good enough anymore. Scored 2 goals and got 3 assists in 33 games for Brighton, so not exactly something I missed out on.
  • Fábio Carvalho - VfB Stuttgart - Loan: Was not going to get the game time he needed with us. Probably still isn't going to get the game time he needs with us, after a decent but unimpressive 8 G+A in 24 league games. Will get loaned out again then probably sold.
  • Bajcetic - Mallorca - Loan: He needed game time. He wasn't going to get game time here. He played 34 games and didn't seem to have particularly impress overall. Maybe a step down for his next loan is in order.

In - Winter

• Yoro - LOSC Lillie - 20M(42M) - 45k/w: An 18 year old, 17 at the time of the transfer being confirmed, that has 4 gold and 1 black star of potential according to a man with 17 JPP. I had to sign him and outside of the 3-1 at Craven Cottage he was solid in the 9 games he played in the second half of the season. Will be going out on loan to get gametime so he can keep developing.
  • Josip Sutalo - Dinamo Zagreb - 21M - 60k/w: Konaté was kicking up a fuss about a new contract and I didn't want to pay him what he was asking for, so I planned ahead and brought on Sutalo as his replacement before he left. Konaté then lowered his demands by like 40-50%, signed a new contract and suddenly I had a new CB for a position that wasn't open. Thankfully he had actually accepted a squad player role, so he was happy with only getting 26 games after his January transfer, and I'm not going to complain about having a consistent, professional player who starts for most of the league sitting on the bench.
  • Sugawara - AZ Alkmaar - 15M - 60k/w: TAA can't play 90 minutes a match for every match of a 60 game season. Gomez and Bradley aren't good enough on the ball to be adequate backups. Ramsay doesn't have the stamina to be an adequate backup. So I brought in Sugawara. 15 Crossing, 15 Passing, 16 Stamina, Model Citizen. I couldn't really ask for a better backup.
  • Beto - Udinese - 14.25M - 80k/w: Luis Diaz was being a b**ch, demanding to be an Important player - despite not really doing better than Ben Doak - and to play as a LW with the role of Inside Forward - We used wingers once all season. So in preparation for him leaving I brought in Beto, a big, strong, surprisingly impactful bulldozed of a player. Diaz then didn't leave, even though IRL if Liverpool said they were willing to sell him for 25m half of the top 5 leagues would be on it. Got 11 goals and 6 assists in 20 games, which is more than Diaz got in 36, and all with an agreed playing time of Impact Sub.

Out - Winter

• Thiago - Al-Ittihad - 25M: Aging, high wages, wasn't particularly impressive when he did play, bye bye. Is now earning nearly a million a week.
  • Kaide Gordon - Leicester - 1.5M (2M): Didn't have a place in the team and I doubt he will. DIdn't play a single senior game
  • Phillips - Fulham - Loan w/ 5.75 mandatory fee: Not needed. Was ***** in the three games he played for Fulham.

English Premier League

We walked it. 104 points, 118 goals, Nunez with 26 goals as the second highest scorer and Salah with 24 from just 38 shots on target in third, Elliott tied for most assists on 14 with TAA in second on 13, tied for the least goals conceded on 33 (with Arsenal, who kept 19 clean sheets yet still conceded that many), weren't held out in a single game all season and finished Invincible. TAA attempted almost 100 more crosses then second place Cresswell, 324 to his 235.

Europa League

We walked it. Rennes held us to a draw twice in the group stage but other than that we won every game, including a 5-4 thriller at Anfield in the first leg of the semi final against Milan and a 5-0 demolition of Villareal in the final. Our 36 goals was the most of the competition, however our top scorer Salah's 9 was a distant second to Belotti's 15, and Elliott and TAA tied with 2 others for second most assists with 6 each, 1 behind Berghuis and Pellegrini.

FA Cup

We walked it, despite nearly crashing out in the third round. Nunez rescues a draw v Reading in the 94th minute then we win out for the rest of the competition, beating City away, Arsenal, and United in the process. Nunez actually got all 9 of his shots in the cup on target.

Carabao Cup

We weren't the outright top scorers for once, tied with Fulham on 16 in 6. Fulham also came the closest to kicking us out of any competition by taking us to penalties in the semi final after a heavily rotated team lost 3-1 at Craven Cottage. This is also the only competition we didn't have a outright top scorer in with Diaz, Jota, Salah, Doak and Parades all getting 2 goals, Parades first being a 90+6 first time screamer to knock out United.

The best match was probably United at home in the league, because even with Salah and Nunez simultaneously having their worst games of the season, including both missing penalties, we still scored 3.

Liverpool best XI

---                Robertson

---                van Dijk                                     Elliott                            Nunez

Alisson                             Tchouameni                                Gakpo       

---                Konaté                                     Locatelli                         Salah

---                Trent Alexander-Arnold

2 hours ago, meadowsaaron38 said:

Also starting Doak ahead of Salah & so far, Doak has 5 goals from 7 matches with a match rating of 8.14

Bit confused about this tbh. Surely if you aren't going to start Salah you take the Saudi money and run?

Edited by aaaawren
Spelling mistake

30 minutes ago, aaaawren said:

But confused about this tbh. Surely if you aren't going to start Salah you take the Saudi money and run?

No offers for him yet. I am sure when Salah becomes frustrated and wants to leave, I will put him up for sale. But, he's a handy sub :)

SEASON 1 REVIEW

TREBLE WINNERS - PL, EL & FA Cup all won. we beat Roma in the Europa final 6-1 and then Norwich in the Fa Cup 5-0. Scored 127 goals in the PL. Gakpo finished overall top goalsscorer in all comps with 32, nunez got 30. 

tough job now ahead for the summer window. need to keep most of this team together and not lose anyone important. will try to move matip and Kostas on despite really good seasons. want Hato in to replace Kostas and Ahmedhodzic for Matip. will let Endo go even tho he played a lot of games as i think i can retrain Joao neves to become a natural DM and have Bajcetic aas back up

image.thumb.png.da5e9978dc6f15c80508ca74a1c5011e.png

image.thumb.png.3cd522599a3b47c69336321a2a3aeb47.png

On 09/11/2023 at 23:39, Staf9 said:

Hold out for more - I got 100m for Gomez from Arsenal again 2nd save over!!!.  Jan transfer window.  I played him a lot though.  They came in with a bid for 65m initially and I got them up to 100m in the end (structured though).  My early access save I got 97m out of them so defo seems to be consistent.

I also got 70m up front for tiago from saudi and Matip was 30m to PSG.

Have Scalvini in and managed to get Evan Ferguson in Jan as he requested a transfer because Brighton kept rejecting my silly bids for him.  Still cost me 95m though so blew all the money I got for Gomez.  I just hope he is worth it..............

18 minutes ago, Siven said:

I think im going to always keep Gomez in my save, unless i get a 200m offer.

Hes just so effective. Can play CD, RB, LB (inverted fullback). English, homegrown at club and atm seems happy to be a squad player.

yeah - I have regrets now.  Salah got all upset after I sold him as he now feels there is not enough depth at right back.  Promised him I would bring through some of the youth which I did and Ramsay and Bradley are going well.  He was initially really happy, but now for some reason he is worried again and the whole bloody team agrees with him!!!  I'm at a loss at  what to do as I have 3 right backs, but its not enough aparrantly...

in the  window before 2nd season. just rec'd a bid from saudi for MO. have the big up to 228m with 150 of it upfront. he wants to go and will take convincing to stay. got him on a new deal in March so its a pain now

14 hours ago, gmulv said:

Hold out for more - I got 100m for Gomez from Arsenal again 2nd save over!!!.  Jan transfer window.  I played him a lot though.  They came in with a bid for 65m initially and I got them up to 100m in the end (structured though).  My early access save I got 97m out of them so defo seems to be consistent.

I also got 70m up front for tiago from saudi and Matip was 30m to PSG.

Have Scalvini in and managed to get Evan Ferguson in Jan as he requested a transfer because Brighton kept rejecting my silly bids for him.  Still cost me 95m though so blew all the money I got for Gomez.  I just hope he is worth it..............

i managed to get 60m for joe. he picked up a major injury a few weeks later for PSG as well. 

8 minutes ago, Staf9 said:

in the  window before 2nd season. just rec'd a bid from saudi for MO. have the big up to 228m with 150 of it upfront. he wants to go and will take convincing to stay. got him on a new deal in March so its a pain now

rejected the bids for Mo and now they have tried for Virgil

7 minutes ago, Staf9 said:

rejected the bids for Mo and now they have tried for Virgil

Ooh i would be very tempted to let Virgil go tbh. Theres loads of good DC's about and hes not getting younger.

Salahs an interesting one. Keeping him would be great for a few more seasons, but a bug offer would be tempting.

2 minutes ago, Siven said:

Ooh i would be very tempted to let Virgil go tbh. Theres loads of good DC's about and hes not getting younger.

Salahs an interesting one. Keeping him would be great for a few more seasons, but a bug offer would be tempting.

i can only get them up to 86m for Virgil. if they went over 100m i think i might go for it. but hes only 32 and hasnt had any drop off yet

14 minutes ago, Staf9 said:

i've just gone and brought in Antnio Silva for 60m so if saudi come back in for virg at 100m i'll take it

Yeah Silva is great. Got him first season and have loaned him back to Jan. Im also looking at Diomande and Guehi (currently palace are bottom 4 so maybe get him cheap is relegated).

Gone through January without any Saudi bids for either Mo or VVD - though both are wanted. VVD is my top scorer still with 13 goals. Thiago went to AS Roma by signing a pre-contract and then sold for 5.5mill as wanted to get him off the books and hadnt played a single game due to being injured all the time. Bobby Clark also sold as doesn't fit my system for 3.5mill rising to 7.5mill. A lot of interest in Koumas but have kept hold of currently as didnt think the offer was worth cashing in (Under 1 Mill).

Issue I have is Connor Bradley not signing a new contract (Wants 27k a week) not sure if to just pay up...

Feel the squad was overly big and now closer to a manageable size. Need to ensure that the U21's are looked at as a lot of players in there.

6 hours ago, meadowsaaron38 said:

1st time ever in CM/FM history I have managed to get every player able to connect well with 1 other player on the pitch in the starting 11.

I know doing this would probably be easy for alot of others but im stoked about this.

2.jpg

i'm a firm believer of playing the game your own way but how much of this is down to the editor keeping the same 11 fit for every game

20 hours ago, Staf9 said:

i can only get them up to 86m for Virgil. if they went over 100m i think i might go for it. but hes only 32 and hasnt had any drop off yet

Reject and wait for next bid. Negotiate and reject if they don't play ball. Keep going until their bids are acceptable. I got £170m for Van Dijk in the first window with about half up front and half in installments. 

5 minutes ago, Tullekunstner said:

Reject and wait for next bid. Negotiate and reject if they don't play ball. Keep going until their bids are acceptable. I got £170m for Van Dijk in the first window with about half up front and half in installments. 

i rejected all bids for him and Mo. plan is to get 2 seasons out of them and then sell. i've started season 2 now and both have said they are now happy to stay so i'll reject anything before the window closes. already have a succession plan in place for VVD and MO. 

9 hours ago, Staf9 said:

i'm a firm believer of playing the game your own way but how much of this is down to the editor keeping the same 11 fit for every game

Ah yes, I didn't think of that. But this is still the 1st time it has happened to me. Despite me using FMRTE to put my players 100% fit in FM21, 22 & 23 also. It never happened in those previous versions.