FM24: Liverpool 2.0

Staf9

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lost Salah for 2-3 months with a torn groin muscle while he was on international duty time for my other players to step up hopefully he can play a part in the final moments of the season I'm doing well so far top of the league by 1 pt also finished top of my group in the Europa league 

End of 5 seasons. Won all the league and most of the cups. The stalwarts wants a new challenge and I had no choice but to sell jones, konate, taa and Allison.The squad lose their mind and szoboslai leads the dissent. Any way to avoid that ? 

the game should improve on this regarding players wanting to leave. The squad should get angry for selling a loyal servant wanting a new challenge ? The supporters get angry for selling them ? Makes no sense when I get good money for them.

2 hours ago, nrnrnr said:

End of 5 seasons. Won all the league and most of the cups. The stalwarts wants a new challenge and I had no choice but to sell jones, konate, taa and Allison.The squad lose their mind and szoboslai leads the dissent. Any way to avoid that ? 

the game should improve on this regarding players wanting to leave. The squad should get angry for selling a loyal servant wanting a new challenge ? The supporters get angry for selling them ? Makes no sense when I get good money for them.

Just have to deal with them for now. Bring in some big name signings and hope that placates them.

started a new save over Christmas. just at the end of the first season and i really hate FM when it FM's you. from the start of the season i had tweaked my 433 tactic and it looked brilliant. we went unbeaten in everything and i got to the start of may (LC was won) we had beaten Ajax 5-1 in the first leg of the EL semi's. i should have logged off then as it was late (2am last night) but as the season looked like it could be special i had to keep going. we had the second leg to play and then 3 league games left Chelsea (a), City (h) & Arsenal (a). 

second leg of the EL shouldve told me what was going to happen. we lost 4-1 to Ajax, while it was enough to get us to the final it was the first red dot on our schedule. we then went to chelsea and won 2-1 with a late winner and then City came to anfield and we hammered then 5-0. so we go to arsenal unbeaten in the league 37 games, 33 wins 4 draws. invincible season loading. we score first and then it all goes to ****, martinelli who i will now hate forever for no reason other than a hattrick to stop me having an unbeaten season. we lose 3-1 and i officially hate FM

still have to play Leverkusen in the EL final and then Spurs in the FA Cup but had to turn it off before i played those. 

why is it in every save you cannot sell anyone before the second season. cannot get any offers in for players to clear out some of the reserves. even players who has interest in them all the way to the window opening now cannot get any club to make an offer

2 hours ago, Staf9 said:

why is it in every save you cannot sell anyone before the second season. cannot get any offers in for players to clear out some of the reserves. even players who has interest in them all the way to the window opening now cannot get any club to make an offer

You might be asking for too much. top right corner of the screen when you put the player on transfer listed, see the comments what the agent says when you put a price on the transfer

Finally completed my 1st season just won the Europa league finished 2nd in the league lost early in the league cup & semis of the Fa cup looking forward to season 2 Salah missed 3 months with a torn groin muscle scored only 15 goals in all comps 

Decided to use a Retro Regens DB for FM24. Into my 3rd season, real life would be 2000/01 season

Every season I'm checking to see who was at LFC in real life and also checking to see if they pop up in the games DB. If they are good players, I will buy them, if not, I will buy others in the areas I need for the First team.

Jamie Redknapp to Tottenham for 35m

Untitled.jpg

On 29/12/2023 at 23:20, meadowsaaron38 said:

You might be asking for too much. top right corner of the screen when you put the player on transfer listed, see the comments what the agent says when you put a price on the transfer

yeah i know to look for that. i'm not putting players up for more than the low end of the value as i want to clear out the squad but still nothing. 

Barely had any time to play FM towards end of the year.

Finally started 2nd season.

Bought in Roony Bardghji for £9.5m. Bargain price tho will affect Doaks playing time, no one wanted to loan Doak :(

Also bought in Evan Ferguson for £117m over 4 years. Im already having second thoughts about this one. Ok he is currently my top scorer, but i have seen his hidden attributes and they arent great.

Playing 433 but i keep changing the 2 CM roles.

Edited by Siven

10 hours ago, Staf9 said:

yeah i know to look for that. i'm not putting players up for more than the low end of the value as i want to clear out the squad but still nothing. 

How about offering them out for a tiny bit below the minimum value and include addons so it increases overtime to atleast mid value amount?

think i'll start again. i'll let Thiago, Matip, jota and Kostas go in Jan while their stock is high and i can get good fee's. this should clear up the issue i have trying to trim the squad before season 2. 

Played a season with Liverpool without transfers on. Won everything that I could except the Carabao Cup as I got knocked out by Man City. We won the Europa league on penalties too against Inter, lucky us. I built my own tactic which allowed goals and assists to come from all over the team and I think I ended the season with more than 5 people scoring double digit goals. The diversity allowed me to do significant rotations. 

Was not able to cash in on Thiago and Matip, and they're leaving on a free unfortunately. 

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, MxTT_h6 said:

what do people thing about moving trent to either 6 or 8 in fm? Im fairly new to football manager as a whole so interested to see what people say

i think with the inverted wingback role now tweaked you can get more out of him in that than by moving him to a 6 or 8 role. with the players in the dquad now you would be overloaded with 8's on FM if you put him there. 

hoping that on the next update FM tweak the way the promises work. i've a pain in my **** with Virgil. i start with the first window off so january is the first option for buying selling. every save a saudi club bids and i reject it as its always only around 80m. he moans about waiting to leave (which i dont think would happen IRL)  so i agree a set price with him which the club never bids to so no sale happens. then in March i get him to agree a new contract fo stay until 2027 but the promise to sell him remains, WHY?? 

by signing a new deal you would expect him to be staying and his value to rise, so why would i still agree to a sale after that?

Ive noticed he does really well as as IWB, so will keep him there, probably looking to offload thiago and maybe curtis jones as a brought in Sarr you looks promising .

Annoying VVD as well got angry with me rejecting saudi bid but i tried to get to sign a new contract but was asking for way too much than i was willing to go to so eventually sold him for double what saudi were offering 

On 17/01/2024 at 12:45, Staf9 said:

i think with the inverted wingback role now tweaked you can get more out of him in that than by moving him to a 6 or 8 role. with the players in the dquad now you would be overloaded with 8's on FM if you put him there. 

in reference to this

Just started my 2nd Liverpool save. What a huge difference your manager rep makes. As a «Sunday league footballer» I am struggling to keep up the pace for a top 4 spot - as a «global footballer» I am in complete control and only have 1 defeat as I reach the new year (away vs City). Something to keep in mind if you find this year´s Liverpool team a bit too easy to manage - set your rep to «Sunday league footballer» and the first season at least will be a real nailbiter.

Another thing I am doing is trying to develop the many exciting youngsters in the squad. To that end, I went into the pre-game editor and gave every youngster with a random potential the max value of that interval. So if a player has -8 potential (130-160) then I set his PA to 160. This way, most of the talents are good enough to keep around in the first team as they mature. The likes of Beck, Bradley, Carvalho, and the gigantic Quansah are fun players to manage, as they all have the right attributes to fit into a traditional 4-3-3 Liverpool wingback system.

Transfer wise I am only going to buy when an important first team player retires or decides to leave. The dream is to eventually replace Salah with Mbappe, but I`m not sure how much money you need to have in the bank to actually get him. In my save he has resigned with PSG and is on £800k a week. If anyone manage to buy Mbappe for LFC (before he turns 30) then please share about the process.

I would like to buy a young tall targetman striker to develop, as Nunez/Jota/Gakpo are not able to fully capitalize on the crosses from our wingbacks. And with Doak developing into a world class traditional winger, there will be even more crosses coming in.  I was thinking about Sesko from our feeder club Leipzig, but I don`t want to give him assurances about playing time ahead of Nunez. Ideally, the targetman striker should be 15-19 years old - anyone have a recommendation?

Interestingly, Tottenham’s van de Ven got LFC as favorite club. I like a left-footed centreback with pace. I might go for him if van Dijk decides he wants to leave. But I do intend to keep van Dijk as my number one centreback for the next 5 seasons - just as he wants to be in real life.

And finally, I might snatch Messi in season 2, if for no other reason than I`ve never managed him and I believe the shirt-sales boost will be astronomical. To have Messi tutor the likes of Gordon, Clark, and Carvalho could be what adjust their mentality to become important members of the Liverpool first team down the line.

• 2 weeks later...

think with the Klopp news i'll get back into a save. will do a brazil start from Feb 2024 and have it set that Jurgen retires after season 1 and take over from him there

13 minutes ago, Siven said:

I only really had time to do 2 seasons so far.

Now i have time and am patiently waiting for the winter update, hoping Quansah and Bradley have a slight PA improvement.

i dont think i can wait until march to settle on a new save. think bradley needs a bit of a CA bump up as his technicals could be a little better. Quansah maybe a boost to the next PA range 

12 hours ago, Staf9 said:

i dont think i can wait until march to settle on a new save. think bradley needs a bit of a CA bump up as his technicals could be a little better. Quansah maybe a boost to the next PA range 

I have a save where I think I caught him at the right end of his PA scale.. However Liverpool let me buy him relatively cheap. Had a good 7 or 8 years from him and he has been immense.

My suggestion above (setting every youngster at their max PA scale) is the way to go. I can't tell you how enjoying it is to integrate Quansah, Beck, Bradley, Doak, etc and seeing that they are all good enough to be kept around in the squad. 

I doubt Bradley will get a fixed PA that is higher than his PA range in the next update. Rightbacks with high PA are rare. 

Due to some players playing well for LFC this season, I decided to start them regularly whilst putting the more well known players on the bench. It seems to be working so far in the 1st season.

13 games 13 wins. Equal top with Arsenal. 12 points ahead of Man City, Utd & Villa.

If the well known players want out, I'll sell them and I can get cheaper valued players to replace them OR 1 or 2 superstars in the future. Easily solved. 

1.jpg

On 06/02/2024 at 03:58, nrnrnr said:

started a second save after update. Managed to sign Yamal for only 57m. absolute bargain. look at his numbers in the league by the end of his third season with us. 

Screenshot(36).thumb.png.ff13dbc9936cec2e9abdf1424c05a505.png

How did you get him for only 57m in the 3rd season?

In my current save, February 2024, he is valued at 67m-80m at Barcelona. They never sell for under value, in fact, they tend to ignore bids even at the 80m. He also has a release clause of 857m

I guess it varies between saves but seems like Barca didnt want to develop him in this save? I had kept tabs on him throughout the game. As soon as he showed slight interest in joining, and his agent advised a potential selling price, i took it no question asked.

i've set up a save to have klopp and the coaching team leave on 31/05/2024 and holidayed season 1. liverppol finished 2nd and won the EL. 

what do people think is fair amounts to look for VVD and Mo in this window. both have saudi club interest and wont sign new deals right now. VVD is definitely going as he has said he wants a new challenge and will only sign for 1.3m a week. 

his value is 58m but i want 75m with it all upfront and for Mo i've set a 180m price tag but as yet no bids in 

we got 160m to spend at the start of the window and i also sold Kostas for 48m. so far i've brought in Archie Gray 60m, Ferguson 100m and Callum Doyle for 70m (all with 20-50m of the total feee spread over 3 payments) i want to push a bit more homegrown players into the squad. we also got 1 gem through the youth intake of season 1 for midfield

34 minutes ago, Staf9 said:

i've set up a save to have klopp and the coaching team leave on 31/05/2024 and holidayed season 1. liverppol finished 2nd and won the EL. 

what do people think is fair amounts to look for VVD and Mo in this window. both have saudi club interest and wont sign new deals right now. VVD is definitely going as he has said he wants a new challenge and will only sign for 1.3m a week. 

his value is 58m but i want 75m with it all upfront and for Mo i've set a 180m price tag but as yet no bids in 

we got 160m to spend at the start of the window and i also sold Kostas for 48m. so far i've brought in Archie Gray 60m, Ferguson 100m and Callum Doyle for 70m (all with 20-50m of the total feee spread over 3 payments) i want to push a bit more homegrown players into the squad. we also got 1 gem through the youth intake of season 1 for midfield

Personally i do desire £120 million for Salah & £65 million for Virgil (more is welcome ofcourse) but I have seen people get crazy money for Mo, like over £160 million after season one so £180 million is doable. 

Already got an replacement in mind if you sold them?

15 minutes ago, ThanatosAFC said:

Personally i do desire £120 million for Salah & £65 million for Virgil (more is welcome ofcourse) but I have seen people get crazy money for Mo, like over £160 million after season one so £180 million is doable. 

i want Silva to replace VVD and i think i'll look for Musiala to replace mo and probably bring in Gular and David Martinez as well so they can replace Gakpo and Jota in a season. Gular is a sheat code if he hits the high end of his PA but he demands a lot of wages

1 hour ago, Staf9 said:

i want Silva to replace VVD and i think i'll look for Musiala to replace mo and probably bring in Gular and David Martinez as well so they can replace Gakpo and Jota in a season. Gular is a sheat code if he hits the high end of his PA but he demands a lot of wages

Arda from Real? Yeah he looks lush, they ask silly money for him tho. I bought Bakayoko from PSV for £23 million in season one but to replace Salah i do like to get Nico Williams or Bouanani (for the long term).

On 19/01/2024 at 12:17, MxTT_h6 said:

Annoying VVD as well got angry with me rejecting saudi bid but i tried to get to sign a new contract but was asking for way too much than i was willing to go to so eventually sold him for double what saudi were offering 

He`s asking for something like 400K-450K a week to extend at the start of season 2. Seems excessive. Anyone have any experience with running down his contract until 2 months left and see if he`s willing to accept less wages? I was able to make Milner come to his senses with this ploy on the previous version.

On 12/02/2024 at 14:07, ThanatosAFC said:

Anyone sold Salah & Van dijk in the same window? Wonder what would happen if you did. I think in real life a proper rebuild might happen in the summer with Klopp leaving.

You would have to have world class replacements ready to sign quickly. I would imagine certain members of the squad would complain about lack of depth in the AMR position. It also depends what your rep is and if the players support you. 

5 hours ago, ThanatosAFC said:

I think the club has been looking for a leftfooted young centreback if the rumor mill is to be believed. My top choice for this would be Gvardiol (LFC supporter), but might receive backlash from fans for bringing in a player from your rivals. Another one is Gonçalo Inácio.

Musiala could replace Salah, but the question is do you want his replacement to be a winger or an inverted winger? Another option is to rotate Jota and Doak for the AMR position, and spend the money elsewhere. Doak is world class if you are max lucky with his random potential.

56 minutes ago, MontyOnTheRun said:

You would have to have world class replacements ready to sign quickly. I would imagine certain members of the squad would complain about lack of depth in the AMR position. It also depends what your rep is and if the players support you. 

Yeah but it seems when Arab clubs come in it's over, players rebel if you reject their bids. So reject or accept you be in a mess anyway. 

47 minutes ago, MontyOnTheRun said:

I think the club has been looking for a leftfooted young centreback if the rumor mill is to be believed. My top choice for this would be Gvardiol (LFC supporter), but might receive backlash from fans for bringing in a player from your rivals. Another one is Gonçalo Inácio.

Musiala could replace Salah, but the question is do you want his replacement to be a winger or an inverted winger? Another option is to rotate Jota and Doak for the AMR position, and spend the money elsewhere. Doak is world class if you are max lucky with his random potential.

I prefer Lukeba or Hato (can also cover up for lb) in the future. If you want a more ready cb than Inacio is indeed your man.

15 hours ago, MontyOnTheRun said:

He`s asking for something like 400K-450K a week to extend at the start of season 2. Seems excessive. Anyone have any experience with running down his contract until 2 months left and see if he`s willing to accept less wages? I was able to make Milner come to his senses with this ploy on the previous version.

when i start a regular save i can get him to sign a new deal in March 24 and it settles him down but i've set up a save now where klopp leaves on 31/05/24 and i take over then. even tho VVD signed a new deal to 2026 he wants to leave as Saudi's will give him over 1m a week. if i thought i could ignore it and just carry on without issue i would and let him leave on a free after 2 years. but the best i can do is get him to agree that i will let him leave if a bid of 71m is received. 

14 hours ago, ThanatosAFC said:

I prefer Lukeba or Hato (can also cover up for lb) in the future. If you want a more ready cb than Inacio is indeed your man.

Hato is a definite favourite of mine in this game. really good LB and good CB. 

18 hours ago, ThanatosAFC said:

Arda from Real? Yeah he looks lush, they ask silly money for him tho. I bought Bakayoko from PSV for £23 million in season one but to replace Salah i do like to get Nico Williams or Bouanani (for the long term).

he doesnt play much for them in season 1 or 2 so he can be gotten for under 60m regardless of his PA. he normally will sign for 100k a week but wants increases up to 300k after 15 games

36 minutes ago, Staf9 said:

he doesnt play much for them in season 1 or 2 so he can be gotten for under 60m regardless of his PA. he normally will sign for 100k a week but wants increases up to 300k after 15 games

Not a fan of paying wages increases like that, the gap is pretty big too. He will be on Salah wages while he still hasnt reached his full potential.

23 minutes ago, ThanatosAFC said:

Not a fan of paying wages increases like that, the gap is pretty big too. He will be on Salah wages while he still hasnt reached his full potential.

yeah its so annoying. so many players wont accept contract unless they are getting big increase after 10games and the another after 20. its unreal. and when you remove that from the contract the wage demand goes up 30-40k

19 minutes ago, Staf9 said:

yeah its so annoying. so many players wont accept contract unless they are getting big increase after 10games and the another after 20. its unreal. and when you remove that from the contract the wage demand goes up 30-40k

I don't have a problem paying extra wages but only for elite players, not for some unproven talents.

1 hour ago, ThanatosAFC said:

I don't have a problem paying extra wages but only for elite players, not for some unproven talents.

exactly. like if in 2 years he's turned into an important player i'm happy to pay 300k a week but not if i use him for 4 starts and 16 sub appearances in season 1

5 hours ago, Staf9 said:

exactly. like if in 2 years he's turned into an important player i'm happy to pay 300k a week but not if i use him for 4 starts and 16 sub appearances in season 1

A fringe or roleplayer may never earn above 100k a week. But that's just me.