FM24: Liverpool 2.0

Staf9

On 15/02/2024 at 13:54, Staf9 said:

yeah its so annoying. so many players wont accept contract unless they are getting big increase after 10games and the another after 20. its unreal. and when you remove that from the contract the wage demand goes up 30-40k

Give em a massive signing bonus.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

really need this update releaased to get my interest back into the game. want to see who gets a boost in the squad. reckon obvious Quansah and Bradley CA+PA boosts and maybe clark with a more settled starting stats instead of so many random ones

What's everyone's experience with Endo? For me he is vital in my 4-3-3 Wide as a defensive midfielder in the DM position. Can't imagine selling him. Once Bajcetic is ready to take over, he won't complain about being backup either!

Endo never lets me down - never gets a card. Proof positive that PA (don't spoil it) is not everything in this game. And I notice my younger players are picking up positive traits (professionalism/pressure stat) out of nowhere, which has to be thanks in part to the presence of Endo in my squad. Anyone had him succesfully tutor Bajcetic? 

On 24/02/2024 at 19:42, MontyOnTheRun said:

What's everyone's experience with Endo? For me he is vital in my 4-3-3 Wide as a defensive midfielder in the DM position. Can't imagine selling him. Once Bajcetic is ready to take over, he won't complain about being backup either!

Endo never lets me down - never gets a card. Proof positive that PA (don't spoil it) is not everything in this game. And I notice my younger players are picking up positive traits (professionalism/pressure stat) out of nowhere, which has to be thanks in part to the presence of Endo in my squad. Anyone had him succesfully tutor Bajcetic? 

First season with my Liverpool FC

63 matches 13 goals 6 assists 7.62 ave match rating

SOT 45% 9 Yellow Cards 91% Pass %

4 hours ago, meadowsaaron38 said:

4 hours ago, meadowsaaron38 said:

What role? I have him on defensive midfielder (defend) in the DMC position and I've never even seen him make a foul. Just tidies up and keeps it simple.

On 24/02/2024 at 08:42, MontyOnTheRun said:

i think initially i was selling him on the first few saves after season 1 to bring in younger high PA players but once the update comes in i'll be keeping him for first 2-3 seasons anyway and let Bajcetic develop

50m for Thiago. 

I'll take that any day :D

As I am using the younger players as back up anyway. My starting MC's are Alexis Mac Allister & Dominik Szoboszlai

My backups are Gravenberch, Elliott & McConnell

1.jpg

Update player PA for anyone interested:

Spoiler

Accidental click Spoiler safety

Spoiler

Kelleher 154 (think that increased, could be wrong)

Morton 156

Carvalhao 156

Sepp vdB 148

Bradley, Bajcetic, Doak -9 (150-180)

Quansah, Ramsey, B Clark, K Gordon, Nyoni -8 (130-160)

McConnell, Koumas, Beck, Chambers and a bunch of others are -75 (120-150)

Danns -7 (110-140)

Edited by Siven

Jota's finishing increased, Darwin's finishing decreased (and a slight PA change). Will be interesting to see if I can get these two to perform to the point where I can compete without bringing in a world class striker.

Long-term goal has to be to get one of these youngsters to win a Ballon d'Or. I don't recall LFC ever having this many world class prospects in FM. 

Joe Gomez is actually one hell of a centreback. Start him regularly and he fulfills that last bit of PA if he avoids injuries.

Salah added as a LFC legend in the update. This makes the backlash of selling him to the Saudis even more devastating I presume.

19 hours ago, Brandoman10 said:

Did they increase the length of Bajcetic’s injury in new update? 

No. 3-6 weeks

Other injuries are Bradley for 4-5 months and Thiago 7-8 months. Thats it for first team squad in original mode.

Edited by Siven

On 26/02/2024 at 14:29, MontyOnTheRun said:

What role? I have him on defensive midfielder (defend) in the DMC position and I've never even seen him make a foul. Just tidies up and keeps it simple.

Defensive Midfielder Support.

Whats everyone doing with Matip?

I like him, but not keen on giving new contract at 31. Managed to get loan offers with £19m fee which i will prolly accept.

Thinking of getting Antonio Silva from Benfica as his replacement, and using Quansah too.

7 minutes ago, Siven said:

Whats everyone doing with Matip?

I like him, but not keen on giving new contract at 31. Managed to get loan offers with £19m fee which i will prolly accept.

Thinking of getting Antonio Silva from Benfica as his replacement, and using Quansah too.

i'll have the window off at the start so with both Matip and Thiago i'll let them run down the contracts to go on free's. will promote Quansah to his plac and push to keep Gomez as 3rd choice CB. i'g put Quansah to his max PA for my start and adjusted Danns a little and give him a PA boost in my new start 

Quansah got an upgrade so you'd be well served keeping him (and his low wages). His brother plays up the road at Southport (great little league team to take over when you get bored of winning everything with LFC).

With Bradley and Ramsay holding down the rightback position for the next 15 years, you'll want to move TAA into the midfield and Gomez into the center of your defense. Then you'll have VVD and Konate as your first-choice pairing, and Gomez and Quansah as a solid backup pair. No need to buy anyone until VVD hangs it up.  

Recommended signings for season 2 is a solid AMC (to take some of the pressure off Mac Allister). Unfortunately Carvalho is not up to the task anymore. For me it's going to be Messi, Musiala, or Wirtz. 

Edited by MontyOnTheRun

18 hours ago, MontyOnTheRun said:

Quansah got an upgrade so you'd be well served keeping him (and his low wages). His brother plays up the road at Southport (great little league team to take over when you get bored of winning everything with LFC).

With Bradley and Ramsay holding down the rightback position for the next 15 years, you'll want to move TAA into the midfield and Gomez into the center of your defense. Then you'll have VVD and Konate as your first-choice pairing, and Gomez and Quansah as a solid backup pair. No need to buy anyone until VVD hangs it up.  

Recommended signings for season 2 is a solid AMC (to take some of the pressure off Mac Allister). Unfortunately Carvalho is not up to the task anymore. For me it's going to be Messi, Musiala, or Wirtz. 

Funny you mention Wirtz. As there are rumours saying he and Frimpong are going to follow Alonso to Liverpool. And to keep Salah, LFC are looking to sell Luis Diaz. 

Real life rumors not welcomed in this forum section, meadowsaaron38. Especially a rumor started by The S*n.

Back on topic: what's your best tutor successes in the first season? I've only had luck with VVD->Quansah (Bajcetic did not respond at all). I am thinking of trying Endo->Bajcetic but need a 3rd member for that mentoring group.

Started a new Real World save after the update. Used the fact that neither Salah or van Dijk starts with interest to get them locked up until 2027 on technically smaller contracts, near completely overhauled the senior coaching, U18 coaching and scouting teams. Brought in Chris Rigg from Sunderland to be Elliott's backup, Andreas Christensen because I thought Matip was gonna leave and am just waiting on a work permit to sign Tchouameni. Tried to bring in Camavinga but even 140m guaranteed potentially rising to 210 wasn't enough for Madrid.

Edited by aaaawren
I can't do spoilers

I've started a new save with real world mode & used the editor to have a global transfer embargo in season 1 so I can keep the transfers realistic 

3 hours ago, glenn28 said:

I've started a new save with real world mode & used the editor to have a global transfer embargo in season 1 so I can keep the transfers realistic 

How did you do the global embargo? Do you have a file for it please?

Started a new save on Original mode.

Disappointed Trent only has 13 determination still.

On Day 1 i got my DoF to sort contracts for Virgil, Salah and Trent. Virgil and Salah got new 3 year contracts with 1 extra year option and on the same wages they are currently on. Trent got a 5 year (with 1 year option) 230k a week contract which also removes his 20% a year increase on his current contract. Very happy with the job the DoF has done here.

Arroyo got a new contract too, aim to sell him later. A few youth got new contracts too.

Also sorted out the staff. Then realised i will need to replace Ljinders, Krawietz and Matos at end of season!

Only 1 signing, Ouedraogo who joins in 2nd season.

Matip went out on loan with mandatory £19m fee. Quansah steps up to take his spot.

Very happy so far.

NO. He is a long way from his prime, and you can't put a pricetag on passion. Plus, you are already 1st in league in January from that screenshot, so let the kid win the title with his hometown club. Don't loan out Gravenberch either.

Set them to fullback on default mentality. You'll concede far less shots on goals. Wingbacks are really only useful when there are no wingers in front of them to provide crosses. The fulllbacks in LFC already got enough PPMs to bomb forward.

On 04/03/2024 at 18:41, basqueliverpool said:

How did you do the global embargo? Do you have a file for it please?

The editor before starting my save 

8 hours ago, meadowsaaron38 said:

Using Bradley as 'Complete Wing Back - Attack'

World Golden Ball

World Under 21 Player of the Year

Happy for the lad. 

1.jpg

Nice, what formation are you using to get that many goals? Gotta be 3 at back and him as proper wing back position right?

10 hours ago, Siven said:

Nice, what formation are you using to get that many goals? Gotta be 3 at back and him as proper wing back position right?

4-4-2 but with AML/AMR

I am unsure how he is getting all these goals as he isnt taking penalties and isnt at near post for heading the ball in from corners either. But i'll take it

started a new save on the update. finished season 1. 

won the League, Europa and league cup and lost the fa cup final to Chelsea. 

trying to keep the squad together as much as possible. and not over do it on the signings. put a couple of the young lads to the higher side of their PA to give me the chance to develop them. have used Qunsah, bradley, Danns & Clark a bit over the season and will bring Doak and Chambers into the first team for the second season. 

players out in Jan - Jota 75m and Thiago 15m. couldnt turn down the money on offer for both. tried to sell Matip as well but he agreed a free transfer to saudi. 

Players in - Archie Gray 20m, Siemen 12m, Yoro 5m & David Martinez 1.4m, all done in jan to sign in the summer

sales in the summer window so far, Carvalho, VDB, Beck and Andy Robertson (had no plans to sell Robbo but he wouldnt sign a new deal and requested to leave when i refused the first saudi offer. have let him go for 110m which cannot be turned down) Also have agreed with Mo if saudi bid 160m i will agree to a sale. hoping to avoid that as want both him and Virgil for 2-3 seasons if i can

Season one is done.

Won everything.

Endo scored 2 great goals in the Europa league final in a 5-1 win vs Ajax. Scraped a 1-0 win in FA cup vs City who were all over me.

Playing a 433 DM formation. With a 4231 backup.

Bajcetic, Bradley, Doak, Quansah all got plenty of gametime.

Clark, Koumas and Gordon got some time in the cups, and McConnell went on loan. Danns played in cups too but with his max PA he will prolly be a low level prem/good championship striker.

Salah, Virgil, TAA, Diaz, Robertson, Konate, Kelleher, Quansah, Bajcetic and Doak all got new contracts. Salah and Virgil one day 1 of save. Other like Elliot will get new contracts towards end of pre season.

First window Matip went on loan to PSG with a mandatory £17.5m fee. They paid all wages too.

In Jan Thiago went to Chelsea for £14m + £10m after 10 goals.

Arranged transfers of Archie Gray for £15,5m, Assan Ouedraogo for £8.5m and Seimen for £8.75m, all join in season 2.

Start of Pre-season 2.

Training Doak to play Inverted winger support on the left. Gives him a bit more versatility.

Have Chambers and Beck back from loans, hope to play the youth even more/find good loans for them to develop.

Van den Berg got new contract just so i dont lose him for just the £4.3m optional fee in his loan. Hes worth more than that. I can make that just by loaning him out.

Have sold Carvalhao to Wolves for £32.5m, and Philips to Sheff Weds for £14m.

I am looking at Roony Bardghji as Salahs future replacement. An if i buy him now, i can get him homegrown in 3 years. but that will also take me to 7 forward players (AMRL/ST). 

Also tempted to get another CB, but the players im looking at (Silva/Hato) will want regular time, so i may wait a season or 2.

Now to find staff now Ljinders, Krawietz and Matos have gone.

Have turned down a £190m offer for Salah and £109m for Virgil from the Saudis.

Both wanted to talk after i rejected the bids, but they are happy to stay after i reminded them that they are currently team leaders here.

Decided to take advantage of Mbappe leaving PSG at the end of the season and hooked him up on a FREE. But due to his wages, I had to sell someone. Diaz looked the likely player as PSG were interested in him also. Needless to say, I think I've made a good transfer decision here, money-wise.

HOWEVER

Who should I play at Striker & also AML?

Both Mbappe & Nunez can both play at AML & Striker. Nunez has scored 34 goals in the Premier League up till end of February.

1.jpg

Just completed a season where Liverpool were relegated. 

They had a 9 point deduction due to going into administration and were out the relegation zone a couple of times but their lack of players I think caused tiredness and in the end they went down.

I did take advantage at the start of that season and buy their DM, and after they went down went in and grabbed their RB wonderkid.

Going into their season in the championship the squad still looks a bit threadbare, and with 46 league games coming up, they might struggle again. 

Edit: I am in season 2038 ( I think, not got the game loaded just now).

Edited by fman1
Missed season year

Has anyone been able to hold onto Salah and VVD until they retire? I really want to make them club legends but it seems in every save I’ve done they end up leaving in a year or two under the AI. 

On 02/04/2024 at 08:19, Brandoman10 said:

Has anyone been able to hold onto Salah and VVD until they retire? I really want to make them club legends but it seems in every save I’ve done they end up leaving in a year or two under the AI. 

Easy. Just keep denying them if they want to leave. 

Just had Newcastle offer me £69,000,000 for a 21 year old Conor Bradley. I declined the offer right away. Not selling as he's an icon at the club. And he's helped us win 11 trophies & he's won 4 awards himself.

He's currently valued at £72,000,000

Finally completed season 1 won the League,Fa cup & Europa league lost in the q/f of the league cup used the editor to add Richard Hughes & Michael Edwards in season 2 gonna use a 5-2-2-1 formation 

Edited by glenn28
Made a spelling mistake

How is everybodys youth prospects? The first year they were great but now 3 years in a row it`s just awful! Is it just me or is it the same in your saves?

8 hours ago, ernemann said:

How is everybodys youth prospects? The first year they were great but now 3 years in a row it`s just awful! Is it just me or is it the same in your saves?

I use some presets in FMRTE that you just click on once and your youth intake SHOULD be better than it normally is. 

On 14/03/2024 at 14:04, Staf9 said:

started a new save on the update. finished season 1. 

won the League, Europa and league cup and lost the fa cup final to Chelsea. 

trying to keep the squad together as much as possible. and not over do it on the signings. put a couple of the young lads to the higher side of their PA to give me the chance to develop them. have used Qunsah, bradley, Danns & Clark a bit over the season and will bring Doak and Chambers into the first team for the second season. 

players out in Jan - Jota 75m and Thiago 15m. couldnt turn down the money on offer for both. tried to sell Matip as well but he agreed a free transfer to saudi. 

Players in - Archie Gray 20m, Siemen 12m, Yoro 5m & David Martinez 1.4m, all done in jan to sign in the summer

sales in the summer window so far, Carvalho, VDB, Beck and Andy Robertson (had no plans to sell Robbo but he wouldnt sign a new deal and requested to leave when i refused the first saudi offer. have let him go for 110m which cannot be turned down) Also have agreed with Mo if saudi bid 160m i will agree to a sale. hoping to avoid that as want both him and Virgil for 2-3 seasons if i can

finished season 2 - Won the PL and Fa Cup but lost early in the LC to Brighton and then Spurs knocked me out of the CL in the quarters. i was 3-1 in the first leg and had made all my subs and Alison got injured. down to 10 men with no keeper spurs got it back level. then went onto lose the 2nd leg to 2 late goals after being 1 up. we only lost 1 game in the PL as well. so only 3 loses for the whole season and it still felt a bit meh. 

going into season 3 i'm going to have to make some drastic squad changes if i can. both VVD and MO want to move to saudi teams. have agreed to let them go for 38.5m and 160m. due to selling Robbo for 110m last summer and Gakpo for 70m in jan i had a massive budget of 226m for this summer. ive sold Gravenberch for 60m to Real and with that i've broken my transfer record and bought Bellingham for 273m. its ridiculous money but hes only 22. 

current squad is

GK - Alisson, Kellher, Siemen

RB - Trent, Bradley

LB - Kerkez, Tsimikas, Chambers

CB - VVD, Konate, Gomez, Cubarsi, Yoro & Quansah

Mid - Bellingham, Dom, A Mac, bajcetic, Jones, Elliott, endo, Clark

Forwards - Salah, Diaz, Nunez, Ferguson, Doak, Danns, Darvich, Martinez

I'm planning on selling Tsimikas, endo, clark plus a few reserves (ramsay, Morton) to raise some funds. i dont need to replace VVD as i'm good on numbers but i will have to replace MO. but if i get the full fee for him that should be easy enough. have gotten a couple of promising Regens through in the 2 seasons (AML and a DM) and i've picked up a striker from sunderland who looks a beast for 20m. i would like to move Diaz on but he got annoyed when i offered him out, ive set 120m price on him in the hope of getting a bid and him wanting a move. would like to get Wirtz and Musiala in to replace both