Please help, I get a high-pitched sound from my computer while playing Football Manager 24 beta

I get a high-pitched sound from my computer while playing Football Manager. After about 1 hour of playing, a high-pitched noise starts coming from my PC. If I shut down and restart the computer, the sound stops, but if I do a restart without completely shutting down, the sound continues, and this time I also start hearing a 'trim trim' sound from the HDD. What could be the reason for this? I haven't experienced this issue in any other game except Football Manager. What do you think the cause might be?

Edited by Pafnus

9 hours ago, Pafnus said:

I researched and maybe it is coin whine sound :/

i tried to set fps 60 via nvidia option. i will report result. first 110 min was good.

Despite it possible being a coil whine, you are still advised making that backup.

Better protect your data than to rely on a possible innocent situation.

On 28/10/2023 at 23:27, Pafnus said:

I get a high-pitched sound from my computer while playing Football Manager. After about 1 hour of playing, a high-pitched noise starts coming from my PC. If I shut down and restart the computer, the sound stops, but if I do a restart without completely shutting down, the sound continues, and this time I also start hearing a 'trim trim' sound from the HDD. What could be the reason for this? I haven't experienced this issue in any other game except Football Manager. What do you think the cause might be?

Is it Steven Gerard doing his latest press conference?

7 hours ago, Ventricity said:

It could be a ghost. or it's time to clean your fans

Good suggestion. If the inside of your computer is dusty, the annoying sound can happen as well.

35 minutos atrás, Wolf_pd disse:

Good suggestion. If the inside of your computer is dusty, the annoying sound can happen as well.

Might be the one case were FM is too demanding for your PC. Miles i think we caught one, turn on the 2Ds.

Note: Does SI do  PC maintenance and fixing services as well? Its for a friend.

Edited by X0X0

It sounds like a coil whine. If so, nothing to worry about (in terms of your machine blowing up...).

Have you tried lowering the number of frames per second of FM? And have you updated both your graphic drivers and your Windows as well?

There are other more manual fixes, like opening your system and resituating all parts, or also replacing your cooler.

Good luck!

:cool:

Coil whine can be incredibly obscure. I get it with one certain game and my audio set to speaker output. If I change the audio output to headphone (or the non-existent monitor output) it stops. 

• 2 weeks later...