[FM24][SKIN] Football Manager 2024 Base Skins

TCSSkin

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for this.

For the Transparent skin can you explain how we can make this darker and lighter? I've tried and failed I'm afraid - edit - now found it, darkened the background and it looks just dandy now,

Also in the past we could edit the "paper" file to remove the blurring effect but this appears to be missing this year. This was explained in this link - a few years old now but it worked for FM17-23:

If it is possible to do this for FM24 then can you explain how, please?

Edited by White Flag
Resolved,,

32 minutes ago, White Flag said:

Thanks for this.

For the Transparent skin can you explain how we can make this darker and lighter? I've tried and failed I'm afraid.

Also in the past we could edit the "paper" file to remove the blurring effect but this appears to be missing this year. This was explained in this link - a few years old now but it worked for FM17-23:

If it is possible to do this for FM24 then can you explain how, please?

Try here

sitoolkit\skins\fm-widgets\graphics\boxes\dialog\background

Hi, i've got my background transparency into a position that i'm kind of happy with, but i need pointers as to how to fix a couple others: The top bar & side bar menu are plain - How do i add default/primary team colours to these to improve the immersion and feel of a save? Also, how do i get rid of the sole purple on the continue button? and the orange text? sticks out like a sore thumb on the screen. Thanks in advance! 

Screenshot 2023-10-24 092756.png

Edited by ForTheLoveOfTheGame

1 hour ago, ForTheLoveOfTheGame said:

Hi, i've got my background transparency into a position that i'm kind of happy with, but i need pointers as to how to fix a couple others: The top bar & side bar menu are plain - How do i add default/primary team colours to these to improve the immersion and feel of a save? Also, how do i get rid of the sole purple on the continue button? and the orange text? sticks out like a sore thumb on the screen. Thanks in advance! 

you have to add a graphics that you then colour replace with primary and or secondary

there should be threads explaining this better if you look in search

2 minutes ago, steff91 said:

Thanks for doing this - used it loads on FM23 personally,quick question though how can you lower the transparency level so that its not as bright if it makes sense

DavisKeillor-Dunn_Attributes.thumb.png.2d237a169039b77fa53103e4cc0e935f.png

I believe that if you go into the Client object browser and change the value of the transparency, if you dim the brightness.

else you will have to add a overlay to your background with the opasity you wich, thats how it's done with background selectors

8 minutes ago, snowofman said:

I believe that if you go into the Client object browser and change the value of the transparency, if you dim the brightness.

else you will have to add a overlay to your background with the opasity you wich, thats how it's done with background selectors

Thanks i'll try find out how this is done :) 

2 hours ago, ForTheLoveOfTheGame said:

Continue.xml under panels/generic for the purple button. You can change the colour values there.

For the orange text, go to the settings and amend this code to the colour of your choosing;

colour name="title"

When I use the FM24 Base Skin I lose some of the information in the pop-up that appears when creating a recruitment focus. The World Knowledge and Current Focuses columns are missing (see screenshot (original skin on the left, FM24 Base Skin on the right).

image.png.55840be48d0e28f68b77fba211d92d6b.png

Any idea how to get this back? Thanks

Forgot to add, I have added the 4 files mentioned here to the skin, don't know if that could be the reason?

Edited by frank_olaf

14 minutes ago, frank_olaf said:

When I use the FM24 Base Skin I lose some of the information in the pop-up that appears when creating a recruitment focus. The World Knowledge and Current Focuses columns are missing (see screenshot (original skin on the left, FM24 Base Skin on the right).

Forgot to add, I have added the 4 files mentioned here to the skin, don't know if that could be the reason?

i have this aswell (noticed while checking for this answer)
i'll investigate and return when i have an answer

34 minutes ago, frank_olaf said:

Just tried looking at the "FM24 Base Skin (Transparent)" and is has the default info as shown in picture 1

so you must have changed something other then the files you linked to as i have those files aswell

15 minutes ago, frank_olaf said:

The only thing I did was add those four files and created a "properties" folder because I needed it for the "person properties" file.

When you try the FM24 Base Skin (normal version), what do you see?

i'll try and normal version and return

18 minutes ago, frank_olaf said:

The only thing I did was add those four files and created a "properties" folder because I needed it for the "person properties" file.

When you try the FM24 Base Skin (normal version), what do you see?

Normal version is the same - so seems to work on my end

Have you unticked "use caching for faster loading" ? else try that and clear the cache - reload the skin

2 minutes ago, frank_olaf said:

I don't have "use caching for faster loading" ticked.

In your original reply, you said you did see the issue, right?

yeah i read your original post backwards for some reason..

So when i checked i naturaly saw things backwards

no matter what skin i have tried, normal or the transparent is shows as your 1st picture, so where the info has gone in the 2nd picture i have no idea 

2 minutes ago, frank_olaf said:

Have you made alterations to those four files since you posted them in the other thread back in May?

Only the person properties has been updated to the FM24 one and the changes that has to do with the condition (the 4 files) has been moved to the new person properties

so maybe that your problem, but you should then notice that you no longer has the % condition either?

For some reason, the Scouting Team Recommendation column on the Recruitment Focus page is also missing when I use the Base Skin

(screenshot from the default skin)
image.thumb.png.cff17ce0bcdf730dd00b3c715fcc0565.png

There's definitely something strange going on with my Base Skin. I'll re-download it and try again.

1 hour ago, frank_olaf said:

For some reason, the Scouting Team Recommendation column on the Recruitment Focus page is also missing when I use the Base Skin

(screenshot from the default skin)
image.thumb.png.cff17ce0bcdf730dd00b3c715fcc0565.png

There's definitely something strange going on with my Base Skin. I'll re-download it and try again.

If you remove the edited properties file, does stuff like this work properly?

8 hours ago, steff91 said:

Thanks for doing this - used it loads on FM23 personally,quick question though how can you lower the transparency level so that its not as bright if it makes sense

DavisKeillor-Dunn_Attributes.thumb.png.2d237a169039b77fa53103e4cc0e935f.png

Hi - I had the same issue with background images. You will find the client object browser here:

driveletter:\Users\yourname\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2024\skins\FM24 Base Skin (Transparent)\panels\client_object

You then need to increase the transparency number from '0' to your own preference. I went with '0.85'

<widget class="inner_contrast_box" appearance="boxes/custom/interface/content/secondary/paper" transparency="0.85">

The only annoying thing is that some of the sections (e.g. transfers, club info) are not transparent for me. Not sure if anyone knows how to change these?! Have attached an examples of it working and not. 

Screenshot 2023-10-24 195729.png

Screenshot 2023-10-24 195827.png

13 hours ago, robbiepope said:

Hi - I had the same issue with background images. You will find the client object browser here:

driveletter:\Users\yourname\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2024\skins\FM24 Base Skin (Transparent)\panels\client_object

You then need to increase the transparency number from '0' to your own preference. I went with '0.85'

<widget class="inner_contrast_box" appearance="boxes/custom/interface/content/secondary/paper" transparency="0.85">

The only annoying thing is that some of the sections (e.g. transfers, club info) are not transparent for me. Not sure if anyone knows how to change these?! Have attached an examples of it working and not. 

Panels>generic>sidebar menu table.xml

<container class="main_box" appearance="boxes/custom/interface/sidebar/paper" rrep="bg" transparency="0.9" /> 

Obviously just choose the value you want.

18 hours ago, TCSSkin said:

If you remove the edited properties file, does stuff like this work properly?

I removed the file and now all the things that were missing are back. I guess there was some issue with that file.

Does anyone have an updated properties file they are willing to share with me so I can get condition % to show? Thanks.

17 hours ago, robbiepope said:

Thank you :) 

1 minute ago, frank_olaf said:

Thanks for the file. I've put the file in the Properties folder and added the other three files but I can't see overall physical condition/match sharpness as an option when customising my views. Is there anything else I need to do to make it available? Thanks

as you replaced the personm properties file, you also got rid of the data that make the % you either have to compare the 2 fiels and move the missing data over or read this and make the changes from here

Spoiler

Hi I have the base skin but it’s so hard to see the writing with the backgrounds is there any way I can change the colour of the writing or make the writing darker please I have looked in the config file and just can’t work it out thanks 

IMG_9873.jpeg

IMG_9872.jpeg

17 minutes ago, united99 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Hi I have the base skin but it’s so hard to see the writing with the backgrounds is there any way I can change the colour of the writing or make the writing darker please I have looked in the config file and just can’t work it out thanks 

IMG_9873.jpeg

IMG_9872.jpeg

If you read throug this, you'll find alot of info about making pages transparent or less transparent

22 minutes ago, TCSSkin said:

competition/competition snapshot

Thanks for that, I've located this - I can't see any code for transparency, I presume I need to add it in?

<panel>

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" apply_to_children="true" inset="0" />

<container class="subsection_box_transparent" id="titl">

<attachment_group class="vertical_arrange" vertical_alignment="bottom,extend" horizontal_inset="0" />

<!--cup stage display-->
        <widget class="table" id="cpsn" mode="fill_rows, stripe_rows" layout="60,-1" auto_size_rows="true" row_height="19" navigation_container="true">

<list id="column_widget_properties">
                <record index="0" alignment="left,centre_y" />
                <record index="1" alignment="left,centre_y" spec="text" navigation_focus_target="true"/>
            </list>

<list id="column_table_properties">
                <record id="year" index="0" left="4" sort_disabled="true" />
                <record id="team" index="1" />
            </list>

</widget>

<!--button-->
        <container>
            <attachment_group class="vertical_arrange_autosize" vertical_offset="0" horizontal_alignment="right" />

<widget class="link_appearance_button" id="gtcl">
                <translation id="text" translation_id="297302" type="use" value="View Competition[COMMENT: competition snapshot, text link to display competition details]" />
            </widget>

</container>

</container>

</panel>