[FM24][SKIN] Football Manager 2024 Base Skins

TCSSkin

hi me again still new to all this skinning... can someone tell me where I have gone wrong on this panel as the attributes on the right seem scrambled and i cant seem to find which file edit... again thanks for any help i may recieve

Screenshot (164).png

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Mark8213 said:

hi me again still new to all this skinning... can someone tell me where I have gone wrong on this panel as the attributes on the right seem scrambled and i cant seem to find which file edit... again thanks for any help i may recieve

Screenshot (164).png

You have to use the latest widget for this part, it was changed during the FM23 so you're using some old widget here. 

You have to update the <!--Stats/Squad Comparison section--> within the 'player scout reports analysis subpanel.xml'

18 minutes ago, keysi said:

You have to use the latest widget for this part, it was changed during the FM23 so you're using some old widget here. 

You have to update the <!--Stats/Squad Comparison section--> within the 'player scout reports analysis subpanel.xml'

Thanks fixed now

is anyone able to point me to what I need to change the dark green in top black circle to, the  lighter one in the bottom black circle thanks

any pointers appreciated thanks

Screenshot (167).png

Edited by Mark8213

7 hours ago, Mark8213 said:

is anyone able to point me to what I need to change the dark green in top black circle to, the  lighter one in the bottom black circle thanks

any pointers appreciated thanks

Screenshot (167).png

sitoolkit\skins\fm-widgets\graphics\buttons\custom\status

edit the graphics

or change the colours within the fm settings.xml 

<!-- Status Button Colours -->
	<colour name="status_advisory" 							value="rgb(103,190,129)"/>
	<colour name="status_advisory_high" 					value="rgb(68,150,94)"/>
	<colour name="status_advisory_low" 						value="rgb(163,218,180)"/>
	<colour name="status_cannot_play" 						value="rgb(209,67,67)"/>
	<colour name="status_cannot_play_high" 					value="rgb(167,18,18)"/>
	<colour name="status_cannot_play_low" 					value="rgb(213,100,100)"/>
	<colour name="status_homegrown_club" 					value="rgb(90,160,209)"/>
	<colour name="status_homegrown_nation" 					value="rgb(4,119,169)"/>
	<colour name="status_restricted" 						value="rgb(114,122,134)"/>
	<colour name="status_shouldnt_play"						value="rgb(220,136,64)"/>
	<colour name="status_shouldnt_play_high" 				value="rgb(203,95,30)"/>
	<colour name="status_shouldnt_play_low" 				value="rgb(217,152,25)"/>
	<colour name="status_warning" 							value="rgb(241,234,37)"/>
	<colour name="status_promoted" 							value="green 700"/>
	<colour name="status_relegated" 						value="red 700"/>
	<colour name="status_continental comp 1" 				value="yellow 500"/>
	<colour name="status_continental comp 2" 				value="amber 500"/>
	<colour name="status_continental comp 3" 				value="orange 500"/>

If you don't have these colours in the settings file, just copy/paste them into it. These are from the default fm colours. 

58 minutes ago, keysi said:

or change the colours within the fm settings.xml 

<!-- Status Button Colours -->
	<colour name="status_advisory" 							value="rgb(103,190,129)"/>
	<colour name="status_advisory_high" 					value="rgb(68,150,94)"/>
	<colour name="status_advisory_low" 						value="rgb(163,218,180)"/>
	<colour name="status_cannot_play" 						value="rgb(209,67,67)"/>
	<colour name="status_cannot_play_high" 					value="rgb(167,18,18)"/>
	<colour name="status_cannot_play_low" 					value="rgb(213,100,100)"/>
	<colour name="status_homegrown_club" 					value="rgb(90,160,209)"/>
	<colour name="status_homegrown_nation" 					value="rgb(4,119,169)"/>
	<colour name="status_restricted" 						value="rgb(114,122,134)"/>
	<colour name="status_shouldnt_play"						value="rgb(220,136,64)"/>
	<colour name="status_shouldnt_play_high" 				value="rgb(203,95,30)"/>
	<colour name="status_shouldnt_play_low" 				value="rgb(217,152,25)"/>
	<colour name="status_warning" 							value="rgb(241,234,37)"/>
	<colour name="status_promoted" 							value="green 700"/>
	<colour name="status_relegated" 						value="red 700"/>
	<colour name="status_continental comp 1" 				value="yellow 500"/>
	<colour name="status_continental comp 2" 				value="amber 500"/>
	<colour name="status_continental comp 3" 				value="orange 500"/>

If you don't have these colours in the settings file, just copy/paste them into it. These are from the default fm colours. 

Thank you for your help

Hi, I made my own custom skin from base skins,  wannachup and some from sources on this forum. I have a problem with the touchline tablet, the size of the touchline table always resets when I hide it and then show it again. I've been searching in this forum about this problem, maybe I missed it.

Has anyone experienced this and found a solution?

2 hours ago, kalongtongan said:

Hi, I made my own custom skin from base skins,  wannachup and some from sources on this forum. I have a problem with the touchline tablet, the size of the touchline table always resets when I hide it and then show it again. I've been searching in this forum about this problem, maybe I missed it.

Has anyone experienced this and found a solution?

Hard to say what exactly is the cause of it as mixing different skins can cause all sorts of problems 

Hi, what do I need to change to get rid of the orange box.. and in the second picture the date for contract expiry and date of birth are in the wrong

order how do I change this please Screenshot(168).png.8f7d44cdd49909c456d756dc7bb94d6c.png

Screenshot (169).png

Edited by Mark8213

6 hours ago, Mark8213 said:

Hi, what do I need to change to get rid of the orange box.. and in the second picture the date for contract expiry and date of birth are in the wrong order how do I change this please 

Screenshot (169).png

I would say you have a different format set in the game preferences. That's something you can change without skinning. 

image.thumb.png.4c3d40ec5d6a9cd694e3fd756cda6a68.png

19 hours ago, keysi said:

I would say you have a different format set in the game preferences. That's something you can change without skinning. 

image.thumb.png.4c3d40ec5d6a9cd694e3fd756cda6a68.png

OMG I didn't even think of looking in there thankyou... Any idea on the orange /yellow box on the other pic above?

4 hours ago, Mark8213 said:

OMG I didn't even think of looking in there thankyou... Any idea on the orange /yellow box on the other pic above?

yes, sorry, should write it. 

these are affected by two files from the panels/award:

1. person award details winner inbox panel - that's for the 1st place

2. person award details placed inbox panel - that's for the 2nd and 3rd place

You have to change the 'red_replacement' or the container class, depending on the file within your skin - line 7 <container class="inner_contrast_box" red_replacement="FM purple dark"> - that's in the default file.

I, for example, had just a 'inner_subtle_box' without the 'red_replacement' so it's without some specific colour. But maybe I will change it. 

The same is possible to do with the manager awards in the manager award details winner/placed inbox panel.xml

10 minutes ago, keysi said:

yes, sorry, should write it. 

these are affected by two files from the panels/award:

1. person award details winner inbox panel - that's for the 1st place

2. person award details placed inbox panel - that's for the 2nd and 3rd place

You have to change the 'red_replacement' or the container class, depending on the file within your skin - line 7 <container class="inner_contrast_box" red_replacement="FM purple dark"> - that's in the default file.

I, for example, had just a 'inner_subtle_box' without the 'red_replacement' so it's without some specific colour. But maybe I will change it. 

The same is possible to do with the manager awards in the manager award details winner/placed inbox panel.xml

Hi thanks for your help I found a different way to do it in settings. thanks for your help in everything i don't want to keep asking as I feel I'm inconveniencing some people

1 hour ago, Mark8213 said:

Any idea how to get rid of the whistle from the instant result button... I have checked the graphics folder as well as the icons folder and cant find how to get rid

Screenshot (172).png

It will be in the match title bar.xml where the instant result is. 

image.thumb.png.7f2f9b6b74252bba6c30257e6929e577.png

23 minutes ago, JustHowie said:

Highlighted part unless you want to remove instant result then you can remove the entire widget

did that and the whistle icon is still there... but went on to the matchday header panel and now sorted thanks guys for your help

Edited by Mark8213

2 hours ago, Mark8213 said:

did that and the whistle icon is still there... but went on to the matchday header panel and now sorted thanks guys for your help

There is a pre match panel the one you on looks like tactics with embedded section tabs panel xml file found in the panels\match folder but I'm not sure if that controls the pre match header 

3 hours ago, Mark8213 said:

What do i need to change to get the scores to show please and thank you

Screenshot (176).png

or look in the settings, can't remember if these belongs to there

<colour name="result score"                             value="fg"/>
    <colour name="result aggregate"                         value="fg alpha" />

50 minutes ago, snowofman said:

or look in the settings, can't remember if these belongs to there

<colour name="result score"                             value="fg"/>
    <colour name="result aggregate"                         value="fg alpha" />

FIXED thanks

is there a way to change commentary text colours to primary and secondary team colours? at the moment it seems like its a new feature on fm 24 that all teams in match commentary text will either have white or black fonts, example Arsenal have red and black in match commentary text, should be red and white, i play with scunthorpe, ive changed their colours in pre game editor (text) to claret (background)  and light blue (foreground) and it works on every tab and box and looks great but however on match commentary text it shows claret and white and also flashes when goals are scored in claret and white, so is there a way to change this?? anybody know which file that controls this? i play with customized base 24 transperent skin and everything is working fine but as i said match commentary text have a new feature and i would like to get the classical look with correct team colours, any help would be much appreciated :)

Just now, Zeenan said:

is there a way to change commentary text colours to primary and secondary team colours? at the moment it seems like its a new feature on fm 24 that all teams in match commentary text will either have white or black fonts, example Arsenal have red and black in match commentary text, should be red and white, i play with scunthorpe, ive changed their colours in pre game editor (text) to claret (background)  and light blue (foreground) and it works on every tab and box and looks great but however on match commentary text it shows claret and white and also flashes when goals are scored in claret and white, so is there a way to change this?? anybody know which file that controls this? i play with customized base 24 transperent skin and everything is working fine but as i said match commentary text have a new feature and i would like to get the classical look with correct team colours, any help would be much appreciated :)

look in the commentary widget, maybe you can change it there

1 hour ago, snowofman said:

look in the commentary widget, maybe you can change it there

ive download from fm 24 resource archiver following things, panels, skins, graphics and settings and i cant find any file named commentary widget, however i can find it on a line in match commentary file in the panels folder but honestly not sure what to do and even if theres an commentary widget file im not sure when it comes to coding and how to do it properly and where to do it, but if you can just let me know where to find the correct commentary widget i can try and compare with fm 22 and see if theres any difference

20 minutes ago, Zeenan said:

ive download from fm 24 resource archiver following things, panels, skins, graphics and settings and i cant find any file named commentary widget, however i can find it on a line in match commentary file in the panels folder but honestly not sure what to do and even if theres an commentary widget file im not sure when it comes to coding and how to do it properly and where to do it, but if you can just let me know where to find the correct commentary widget i can try and compare with fm 22 and see if theres any difference

match commentary - it has been added to this file and is no longer a seperate file from what i can see.

So appoligize for that

and as @keysi said.. didnt see that until i posted my commant :D 

1 hour ago, keysi said:

If you open the 'match commentary.xml', it tells you what graphics file it uses. 

image.png.1604abb0a7a8fdc50616d87a37f7dc4e.png

You can also find both foreground/background commentary colours in the default fm colours.xml, and place it in the settings.xml and change the RGB.

image.png.d3edaf815f8e56713d2cadd4ba53f000.png

thank you guys so much for the quick replies! ive found those lines in base skin 24 advanced settings.xml file and the lines were not in the transperent settings.xml one. now the question is what values do i put in the rgb to have correct team colours for all teams in match commentary?

On 10/12/2023 at 20:22, keysi said:

If you open the 'match commentary.xml', it tells you what graphics file it uses. 

You can also find both foreground/background commentary colours in the default fm colours.xml, and place it in the settings.xml and change the RGB.

sorry its me again but comparing fm 22 default fm colours.xml and and fm 24, those lines with "neutral commentary foreground/background share the same rgb values, and in fm 22 i didnt have this problem, surely there has to be some coding addition to fm 24 that does the white and black foreground text in match commentary?

my match commentary widget.xml looks like this and is slightly different then the above match commentary.xml, but dont think this is causing any issues and its hindering me from having the desired foreground text colour

<widget class="picture" file="boxes/custom/match/commentary/bar" id="cmbi" rthr="85" colour="neutral commentary background">
                  <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" />
                </widget>

<!-- commentary widget -->
            <widget class="label" id="cmnt" hidden="true" font="bold">
                <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0,0,2,0" />

<translation id="text" value="" />
                   <integer id="size" value="30" />
                <flags id="algn" value="centre,can_scale" />
                <colour id="colour" name="text" />
            </widget>

gsfm24.png

11 hours ago, Zeenan said:

sorry its me again but comparing fm 22 default fm colours.xml and and fm 24, those lines with "neutral commentary foreground/background share the same rgb values, and in fm 22 i didnt have this problem, surely there has to be some coding addition to fm 24 that does the white and black foreground text in match commentary?

my match commentary widget.xml looks like this and is slightly different then the above match commentary.xml, but dont think this is causing any issues and its hindering me from having the desired foreground text colour

<widget class="picture" file="boxes/custom/match/commentary/bar" id="cmbi" rthr="85" colour="neutral commentary background">
                  <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" />
                </widget>

<!-- commentary widget -->
            <widget class="label" id="cmnt" hidden="true" font="bold">
                <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0,0,2,0" />

<translation id="text" value="" />
                   <integer id="size" value="30" />
                <flags id="algn" value="centre,can_scale" />
                <colour id="colour" name="text" />
            </widget>

gsfm24.png

Maybe the graphics are different. 

This is from the FM22 vs this is from FM24

image.png.e812fcf6a0f9b86a66d8e72a7ffa56fd.png image.png.7e3ad7d4cb4d57d0b5d1f0ed4cefdef3.png

But maybe I'm wrong and it's more simple. 

You can also set the commentary settings in Preferences but I assume that's not something that you would change.

image.png.d67366a3700e167f2c3cbff2ff8cab55.png

The last thing is that it's changed somewhere else in the skin you are using. I'm using the default 'match commentary.xml' and it works as usual with the primary/secondary colours.

1 hour ago, keysi said:

Maybe the graphics are different. 

This is from the FM22 vs this is from FM24

image.png.e812fcf6a0f9b86a66d8e72a7ffa56fd.png image.png.7e3ad7d4cb4d57d0b5d1f0ed4cefdef3.png

But maybe I'm wrong and it's more simple. 

You can also set the commentary settings in Preferences but I assume that's not something that you would change.

image.png.d67366a3700e167f2c3cbff2ff8cab55.png

The last thing is that it's changed somewhere else in the skin you are using. I'm using the default 'match commentary.xml' and it works as usual with the primary/secondary colours.

Il get back to you when i come home from work , but are you saying that in your skin Galatasaray will flash red and yellow?

On 10/12/2023 at 20:22, keysi said:

He wants to edit text colour, not the bars.

Commentary text is white or black only in FM24 and it's not optional for some reason.

22 minutes ago, Ceyvol said:

Commentary text is white or black only in FM24 and it's not optional for some reason.

has he unticked the "use plain colours for commentary text" in the preferences ?

this will show team colours if unticked 

if yes.

maybe he can change these in the settings

<colour name="neutral commentary foreground"             value="rgb(255,255,255)"/>
    <!-- foreground colour for neutral commentary -->
    <colour name="neutral commentary background"             value="rgb(21,22,23)"/>

<!-- background colour for neutral commentary -->

53 minutes ago, Ceyvol said:

Yes exactly! That is my issue Ceyvol. Plain colours thing in preferences is unticked. The commentary bar are working correctly (background text colour) after my pre game editing but not the text colours (foreground text colour) because its probably coded into fm 24 to only have white and black text in match commentary foreground colour . 

I can also add that ive updated my skin from the picture above and ive got that thin line of yellow colour around the bar and that looks good tbf but the text is more important to me to be yellow in this case and ofc that every team (at least the ones i edit) should have correct foreground colour in text and not just white or black

Edited by Zeenan

54 minutes ago, snowofman said:

has he unticked the "use plain colours for commentary text" in the preferences ?

this will show team colours if unticked 

if yes.

maybe he can change these in the settings

<colour name="neutral commentary foreground"             value="rgb(255,255,255)"/>
    <!-- foreground colour for neutral commentary -->
    <colour name="neutral commentary background"             value="rgb(21,22,23)"/>

<!-- background colour for neutral commentary -->

"Use plain colours for commentary text" option actually affects bars, not text (or it affects both, but since black&white text is set permanently, we don't see a difference, either option is unticked or ticked).

Colour settings won't solve this issue. I guess you can change text colour with that, but it still will be static colour, not club's defined colour.

Edited by Ceyvol