[FM24][SKIN] Football Manager 2024 Base Skins

TCSSkin

1 minute ago, Ceyvol said:

@snowofman "Use plain colours for commentary text" option actually affects bars, not text (or it affects both, but since black&white text is set permanently, we don't see a difference, either option is unticked or ticked).

Colour settings won't solve this issue. I guess you can change text colour with that, but it still will be static colour, not club's defined colour.

yeah i looked into it and right now i havnt found a way to change text color

maybe.. just maybe... its possible to go into the match commentary file and change the <colour id="colour" name="text" /> (text) to something custom (hiphop) as example

and then in the settings setup a line with the name of hiphop and give it another color..

but i can't check right now, and it's not even sure it will work

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/12/2023 at 13:21, snowofman said:

yeah i looked into it and right now i havnt found a way to change text color

maybe.. just maybe... its possible to go into the match commentary file and change the <colour id="colour" name="text" /> (text) to something custom (hiphop) as example

and then in the settings setup a line with the name of hiphop and give it another color..

but i can't check right now, and it's not even sure it will work

do you perhaps know what possible file it could be this so called new "accessibility feature" thats causing the white and black text for every team? 

I mean surely there has to be a new line of code somewhere that either gives white text or black text based on background colour in the commentary bar or maybe its just a changed line of code to this years FM? 

furthermore if match commentary.xml file is pretty much identical to FM22 the triggering of white and black text mus be somewhere else right?

3 minutes ago, Zeenan said:

do you perhaps know what possible file it could be this so called new "accessibility feature" thats causing the white and black text for every team? 

I mean surely there has to be a new line of code somewhere that either gives white text or black text based on background colour in the commentary bar or maybe its just a changed line of code to this years FM? 

furthermore if match commentary.xml file is pretty much identical to FM22 the triggering of white and black text mus be somewhere else right?

startup accessibility panel.xml maybe

not looked into it so no idea if it would be that simple

1 hour ago, Mark8213 said:

hi all, am i wrong in thinking the title bar and side bar should match the colours on the popup panel (as these are the club colours) if so how do i fix it without destroying other teams colours

Screenshot (178).png

it looks flipped to me, so the background colour is secondary and the text is primary. 

I believe you'll need to look for generic/popup information panel, to change the background colour, then player personal details popup or something to that effect to change the colour of the text 

18 hours ago, TCSSkin said:

it looks flipped to me, so the background colour is secondary and the text is primary. 

I believe you'll need to look for generic/popup information panel, to change the background colour, then player personal details popup or something to that effect to change the colour of the text 

The kits are also that colour that's what made me think it could be wrong. I also don't have generic/popup information panel and it is also like this with other skins too

Edited by Mark8213

6 hours ago, Mark8213 said:

The kits are also that colour that's what made me think it could be wrong. I also don't have generic/popup information panel and it is also like this with other skins too

have you unticked "used caching to decrease loading time" - cleared the cache and reloaded skins

8 hours ago, snowofman said:

have you unticked "used caching to decrease loading time" - cleared the cache and reloaded skins

yeah i have done all that and still the panel shows the blue and dark red.. .but the sidebar and title bar are red and white

12 minutes ago, funkybike1 said:

I've had a look at match score area panel.xml and it calls for an id of "T1nm".

That obviously stands for "team 1 name," but I can't see where it's actually defined.

Many things are Hardcoded/defined and not assessable to edit or change - this might be one of them

Hi, can anyone do me a massive favour?, I like using the base skin for fm24 but would like to be able to add club stadium pictures on the club info page. I have no idea how to do it, so has anyone got a base skin with the stadium pics added or can anyone make one for me?.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Mark8213 said:

Hi all is it possible to add nationality to the tactics pitch? if so how? thanks for any help I may receive

<widget class="nation_button" id="natF" alignment="left" icon_alignment="left" dspf="4">
	<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="left" inset="0"/>
		<record id="object_property">
			<integer id="get_property" value="Pnat" />
			<integer id="set_property" value="valu" />
		</record>
</widget>

Into the 

tactics icon info panel overview.xml

thanks sorted now

6 minutes ago, snowofman said:
<widget class="nation_button" id="natF" alignment="left" icon_alignment="left" dspf="4">
	<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="left" inset="0"/>
		<record id="object_property">
			<integer id="get_property" value="Pnat" />
			<integer id="set_property" value="valu" />
		</record>
</widget>

Into the 

tactics icon info panel overview.xml

how do I edit the tab bar as when I select NEWS it then disappears as the colour is white and unreadable as seen in (blue) box on pic  thanks

Edited by Mark8213
corrected spelling

43 minutes ago, Mark8213 said:

how do I edit the tab bar as when I select NEWS it then disappears as the colour is white and unreadable as seen in (blue) box on pic  thanks

Screenshot (180).png

graphics/tabs/standard/normal/top

graphics/tabs/standard/selected/top

you might need to change the colours in the config file

7 hours ago, snowofman said:

graphics/tabs/standard/normal/top

graphics/tabs/standard/selected/top

you might need to change the colours in the config file

Which config file?

5 hours ago, Mark8213 said:

Which config file?

My mistake, it's not called a config file

But a "button.xml" or button_selected.xml" etc

it's a xml file belonging to a png file, so in my head it makes it a config file.

9 hours ago, snowofman said:

My mistake, it's not called a config file

But a "button.xml" or button_selected.xml" etc

it's a xml file belonging to a png file, so in my head it makes it a config file.

I changed everything possible in those xmls and it didn't change anything

23 minutes ago, Mark8213 said:

I changed everything possible in those xmls and it didn't change anything

remember to untick "used caching for faster loading" in the preferences.

when i change button_selected.xml and button_showing.xml

it works fine for me, so not sure what your doing

11 minutes ago, snowofman said:

remember to untick "used caching for faster loading" in the preferences.

when i change button_selected.xml and button_showing.xml

it works fine for me, so not sure what your doing

i have done all that and still nothing its not a major issue but will figure it out thanks for your help and patience

Am 17.1.2024 um 21:04 schrieb Mark8213:

i have done all that and still nothing its not a major issue but will figure it out thanks for your help and patience

Have you managed to fix it? I am having the same issue. 

I am having this for boxes -> custom -> interface -> tab bar -> paper.xml

<colour id="red_replacement" name="secondary"/>

<colour id="blue_replacement" name="secondary"/>

and this for tabs -> standard -> normal & selected -> all xml files

<record id="font_spec"> 
        <colour id="colour" name="primary"/>
    </record>

<colour id="red_replacement" name="primary"/>
    <colour id="blue_replacement" name="primary"/>

<record id="primary_icon_properties" red_replacement="primary" />
    <record id="secondary_icon_properties" red_replacement="primary"/>

If the bar is all secondary and the buttom xmls all primary, then in theory there should be no issue, right? But there is unfortunately. Only the currently selected menu disappears (= has secondary text colour)

3 hours ago, ThomasK said:

If the bar is all secondary and the buttom xmls all primary, then in theory there should be no issue, right? But there is unfortunately. Only the currently selected menu disappears (= has secondary text colour)

I will say from personal experience - it is bad to use primary and secondary colors. there will always be a team or tournament for which the text will be unreadable, or almost unreadable. use fixed colors.
and are you definitely using the graphics from fm24 and not porting over your old mods from fm23? for fm24 there are some new files in same folders.

1 hour ago, Olas Nick said:

I will say from personal experience - it is bad to use primary and secondary colors. there will always be a team or tournament for which the text will be unreadable, or almost unreadable. use fixed colors.
and are you definitely using the graphics from fm24 and not porting over your old mods from fm23? for fm24 there are some new files in same folders.

japan is particularly bad this year. Lot of red and blue and green and yellow

vor 8 Stunden schrieb Olas Nick:

Thank you, that solved it for me! I copy & pasted all files again from FM24 default and now it works. My old files were from a skin, so maybe these were still from FM23.

As for the primary / secondary colours I will see how it goes, but thanks for the feedback :)

@Mark8213 maybe you need to do the same to fix this issue for your skin

On 19/01/2024 at 06:21, ThomasK said:

Have you managed to fix it? I am having the same issue. 

I am having this for boxes -> custom -> interface -> tab bar -> paper.xml

<colour id="red_replacement" name="secondary"/>

<colour id="blue_replacement" name="secondary"/>

and this for tabs -> standard -> normal & selected -> all xml files

<record id="font_spec"> 
        <colour id="colour" name="primary"/>
    </record>

<colour id="red_replacement" name="primary"/>
    <colour id="blue_replacement" name="primary"/>

<record id="primary_icon_properties" red_replacement="primary" />
    <record id="secondary_icon_properties" red_replacement="primary"/>

yeah I did the same as you in the end thanks for the help to everyone 

Edited by Mark8213

Hi all I have nearly finished tinkering with my skin (personal)… I have one small problem I have an orange bar where the score panel is. what do I need to edit or delete to remove it.

Thanks for any help or advice where to look have a great day

Edited by Mark8213
forgot to add picture

1 hour ago, Mark8213 said:

Hi all I have nearly finished tinkering with my skin (personal)… I have one small problem I have an orange bar where the score panel is. what do I need to edit or delete to remove it.

Thanks for any help or advice where to look have a great day

Screenshot (184).png

try and look in match titlebar

and if possible, try and use Random and small questions thread for small questions. i believe your past base skin at this point :) 

12 hours ago, snowofman said:

try and look in match titlebar

and if possible, try and use Random and small questions thread for small questions. i believe your past base skin at this point :) 

Thank you now fixed I looked in graphics/boxes/custom/interface found a file in there. Sorry I didn't realise I posted in the wrong thread 

Edited by Mark8213

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! Can someone help me, what i need change in skin for i can see all division in nation club like in FM2022? i want see all inactive division too example Kingstonian Isthmian League Premier Division. I remember in FM 2022 all division write near club.

_d4718d284eeba1bdf74d6ab815cb1ffe.jpg

Thanks for the skins!

image.png.311e7661f528a201ac3ac9e16fa63981.png

Second time this week that Chrome (ver 121.0.6xxxxx) has blocked downloads from this site. If this happens to you then you can turn off Safe Browsing if your comfortable with this and then download the files with no issues.  More here>> https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/9890866?sjid=6795631443332944711-EU

Hello, firstly good evening. I would like to know how to adjust the color of the game panels. I always liked using darker panel backgrounds, but the current ones I'm noticing are lighter than normal. Could anyone tell me how to adjust them to make them darker?? thanks

7 hours ago, edupampero said:

Hello, firstly good evening. I would like to know how to adjust the color of the game panels. I always liked using darker panel backgrounds, but the current ones I'm noticing are lighter than normal. Could anyone tell me how to adjust them to make them darker?? thanks

You should be able to edit the colour in the settings file

look for bg and change the value to the wanted colour

3 horas atrás, snowofman disse:

You should be able to edit the colour in the settings file

look for bg and change the value to the wanted colour

Hello. I looked at the link you gave me, but I didn't find the file. Could you share which file I would edit? I'm a layman in these matters, so I don't understand much. Thanks

5 minutes ago, edupampero said:

Hello. I looked at the link you gave me, but I didn't find the file. Could you share which file I would edit? I'm a layman in these matters, so I don't understand much. Thanks

The link was how to extract default files from the game incase you needed to

the file you need to look at in the skin you use is the settings.xml which will be in the settings folder

there you have to locate the

<colour name="bg" 																			value="rgb(34,34,34)"/>

and edit the value to suit your colour

some skins have a picture as background, where you then have to edit the picture to change the colour