The FM24 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

image.png.e08b1070c59757268b61d2a8a26eb82e.png

Yangon Galaxy FC (Myanmar) - 2023/24 (Season 1) - MNL II 1st

I've been looking for a new save for a few weeks.  I knew I wanted a save outside Europe and a nation that has a short league season.  I ended up going to Myanmar where there is a 22 game top division and a season opening national cup that involves playing 8 group games then up to 2 more games (semi-final and final).  So, not dissimilar to Iceland.   Myanmar is unfortunately more well know for political and humanitarian reasons than football.  I won't mention any of that here.  As for football in Myanmar, it is traditionally very popular.  Yangon, the former capital and largest city in the country is home to the highest number of clubs. 

The Myanmar national team had its golden eras (as wiki calls them) back in the 1940s to 1970s, before seeing a big drop off in success until 2011.  The 2011 political reforms did result in short resurgence, but that was undone in 2020 due to covid-19 and then the familiar political reasons.  The nation has never qualified for a World Cup but did qualify for the AFC Asian Cup in 1968 and managed to finish as runners-up.

Spoiler

image.png.8a1956ae1a31ee0ae63f4ca7a4bce8d3.png

The 'big three' Myanmarese clubs (Yangon Utd, Yadanarbon and Shan Utd) have competed in the qualifying rounds of the AFC Champions League but haven't made it to the group stage before.

Myanmar National League 2

Yangon Galaxy, commonly known as Galaxy, ended the season with a notable achievement, securing the 1st place in the Myanmar National League (MNL) second division and secured promotion to the top division.

Spoiler

image.png.0e97c42b0e4fe3a012aac803b75fa8fa.png

Players

Fans Player of the Year

Aung Min Oo [49] claimed the prestigious title of Fans Player of the Year, earning admiration from supporters for his consistent performances throughout the season. With a stellar 7.59 Sofascore rating, Aung Min Oo showcased his prowess as an attacking midfielder and winger. At 28 years old, hailing from Yangon, Myanmar, he demonstrated exceptional teamwork and creativity on the field, making him a standout performer in Galaxy's squad.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.bd45a8e2e278cfa224791a0865729cd5.png

Top Three Performers

• Kyi Aung [44] emerged as Galaxy's top performer of the season, commanding the defense with authority from his left-back position. With a remarkable 7.72 Sofascore rating, Kyi Aung's athleticism and defensive prowess were instrumental in Galaxy's success. His contributions extended beyond defense, as evidenced by his impressive tally of 14 assists in 17 appearances, showcasing his versatility and playmaking abilities.
  • Aung Min Oo [49], the Fans Player of the Year, also earned recognition as one of Galaxy's top performers. With a Sofascore rating of 7.59, Aung Min Oo's influence was felt across the pitch, whether operating as an attacking midfielder or a right winger. His keen sense of teamwork and vision added a dynamic dimension to Galaxy's attacking play, contributing significantly to the team's success.
  • Hla Oo [43] rounded out Galaxy's top three performers for the season, displaying exceptional speed and versatility in midfield. With a Sofascore rating of 7.54, Hla Oo's energetic performances provided Galaxy with a valuable outlet in transition, driving the team forward with his relentless work ethic and determination.
Spoiler

image.thumb.png.996caa8509b740362b99b393f7adac73.png

image.thumb.png.87ca9eaf64442504d9befdf99da9cdbc.png

Top Scorer

Aung Min Oo [49], with his adeptness in front of goal, claimed the title of top scorer for Galaxy this season. The 28-year-old forward from Yangon showcased his goal-scoring prowess with 12 goals in all competitions, demonstrating his ability to make a significant impact in the final third.

Top Assister

Kyi Aung [44] distinguished himself as Galaxy's top assister, providing crucial support from his left-back position. With an impressive tally of 14 assists in 17 appearances, the 19-year-old Myanmar native showcased his ability to deliver pinpoint crosses and set up scoring opportunities for his teammates.

Youth Intake

Galaxy's youth intake for the season was rated as exceptional, receiving a perfect score of 5 out of 5. The influx of talent included 5 players categorized as Elite prospects and 11 categorized as Top prospects, highlighting the club's commitment to nurturing young talent for the future.

Spoiler

image.png.8f9cb7ef10057e78042359bedc5b72a9.png

Top Intake U16 Prospects

• Khin Khant 24a [40], a 16-year-old midfielder/attacking midfielder from Yangon, demonstrated promising speed and ground duelling abilities. With an estimated potential ability between 4 to 5, Khin Khant represents a bright prospect for Galaxy's future.
  • Zaw Lin 24b [42], another 16-year-old midfielder from Yangon, showcased his enthusiasm and teamwork on the field. With strengths in ground and aerial duels, Zaw Lin possesses the potential to become a key contributor to Galaxy's midfield in the coming years.
  • Soe Lett 24c [40] and Wai Aung 24d [39], both 16-year-old defenders, displayed strong teamwork and defensive instincts. Positioned as centre-backs, they offer solidity and reliability at the back, essential qualities for any successful defence.
Spoiler

image.thumb.png.2395961a3f58140024683788a7d0aff6.png

image.thumb.png.a603c5d7e5311e8551c213676bfaaa5f.png

image.thumb.png.c44ca5c2e459255bd2bf3d3c060ec3cf.png

Finances

Despite their on-field success, Galaxy faced financial challenges during the season, with their balance dwindling to £3,700. The club experienced a loss of approximately 35k.

AFC Champions League

The AFC Champions League concluded with Yokohama F. Marinos of Japan emerging victorious over Al-Ain of the UAE in the final, securing a 5-2 aggregate victory. Though Galaxy did not participate in the tournament, the spectacle served as a reminder of the calibre of competition awaiting them on the continental stage in future seasons.

7 hours ago, diegolawliet said:

OMG! How could it be that I found this only now? It's incredible. Congrats to all of you. I want to participate. What the number/letters in the players means? I saw many of you use it. Thanks!

Welcome :) Different people use different systems. I personally use:

Player Name (YP01A)

Player Name (YP01B)

YP = Youth Player (or product)
01 = The season they came through the academy 01 being season 1, 02 being season 2 etc
A = My top rated prospect in that youth intake

However I know there are all kinds of different ways to 'tag' players, so whatever works best for you.

56 minutes ago, glennuk said:

Welcome :) Different people use different systems. I personally use:

Player Name (YP01A)

Player Name (YP01B)

YP = Youth Player (or product)
01 = The season they came through the academy 01 being season 1, 02 being season 2 etc
A = My top rated prospect in that youth intake

However I know there are all kinds of different ways to 'tag' players, so whatever works best for you.

I will just add, we use the tags for players from the youth intake. So people tend either use season 1 season 2 to mark the season of the intake or the year say 24,25,26 to mark the year of the intake.

Some people put YP but I have chosen not to do so because I think it is a bit redundant. Usually the earlier in the alphabet the better the players future seems to be but it does not always work out that way. So John Smith 25d probably is higher rated than Peter Johnson 25g.

7 hours ago, diegolawliet said:

OMG! How could it be that I found this only now? It's incredible. Congrats to all of you. I want to participate. What the number/letters in the players means? I saw many of you use it. Thanks!

Go ahead and join, we are a welcome bunch, just don't expect to finish any time soon! I'd say finishing is quite rare still. Also, beware that playing like this will make normal saves feel....wrong, somehow! :D

As for the naming conventions of players, everyone does their own thing. I personally add the year they come through and then a,b,c, etc based on how highly rated my staff think they are, so just a sorting, really. I do this to remind myself that staff can and will be wrong about potential, as evident of me still using a lot of players who were worse rated than players I've let go.

Now you got me going, so let's do a small dive into it. In my 2027 intake this was the top ones:

image.png.fd47d306701ec97686f3c54c45a176d6.png

Everyone had high potential, but varying degree of ability. Let's recap where they are now and how they did for me (because of course I keep a spreadsheet of it...)

5EX7J0k.png

Gallagher 27a - Is an excellent player for us and deserves his superb rating from the coaches. Now has 4 star potential.
Capasso 27b - Was a rotational player for us for a few years, but never really developed. Now he is rated as a two star potential.
Wadunah 27c - Got a few matches for us, but just dropped off and after I released him he joined a Papaun side, so clearly not as talented as we expected. He is outside the scouting range I have, so no clue what potential he would have, but I'd wager it's low.
McWilliams 27d - Was a rotational option for many years, but now has two and a half star potential, and I would like to get him off the books.
Prince-Jordan 27e - Got some cameos, but never did much. Two star potential and is on an expiring contract.
Elliott 27f - One of the best players at the club! Also 12 caps for Northern Ireland so far. Five star potential still, even as the coaches rate him as good for the Championship and think he can "improve significantly".
Fitzgerald 27g - Our first choice goalkeeper and has been capped for England u20s. Five star potential.
Evans 27h - 2nd best defender at the club, capped may times for Wales u21s ans has four and a half star potential still.

My point is that the potential the staff rate players as can be misleading, and if you use that as gospel, you could release world beaters. So that's my reason for doing it this way.

/ramble

11 hours ago, Anners said:

Previous Post:

2069/70 Season Report

Club: Tranent FC (Scotland)
League: Scottish Premiership

image.png.65bf1c2ffe28f2b853a910daaa57f10d.png

League:

image.thumb.png.cb93aa83c2db8c32af6daf21cd9fd7ab.png

A last day league win against St Johnstone of all teams! Although the more interesting thing happened - one of the Old Firm are finally down!

There's not actually much to say about the league this far in - I was rotating massively early in the season which is why we're not putting up 90+ points every season. 

Cups:

image.png.fec07eaec45967c00c3bb36d446f61ea.png

We got dumped out of the League Cup at the first hurdle for us by Championship side Partick Thistle. Might have gone a biiiit too weak in that game.

Europe:

image.png.4df3ab97b650a31449c6a76de625fbc3.png

image.png.08c9502fa6f752cd8e4993378ad4e7f6.png

3-1 up in the Semi Final with 7 minutes left. I'm fed up of losing in absolutely gutting circumstances in the Champions League at the moment!! Very clearly one of the better sides in the CL at the moment, but English sides will be the bane of my existance right now.

Youth Intake:

image.thumb.png.3df9d00c7ddec8c2302edb8e6146091f.png

Not too much here - was gutted to see the Madagascar player not be good. We've also gone shopping in Brazil it seems?

Other Business:

image.png.4f683229bcdb554b262af00131bd9f07.png

Another NXGN player here - Malcolm was actually still in my under 18s at this point!

A Steve Court update as well as he's pretty much world class at this point - the first one I've been able to keep a hold of (and he's signed a new contract!):

image.png.6070b127cccdcc7b6ba5aa23b6dd4499.png

Absolutely popped off this year with 49 goals - full stats here. He signed a new contract half way through the season (after making noises about wanting to leave), so I'm actually confident of keeping him for the forseeable future. He's only 21 as well, so this Champions League window I've mentioned might be a long one!

Last 5 Years:

image.thumb.png.71bfe8d06bb0b0301805a03019bc6580.png

Court is incredible!

Who are the other top players you have at the moment? Leighton seems to lead the assists/highest average rating more often than not!

2 hours ago, Skora11 said:

Court is incredible!

Who are the other top players you have at the moment? Leighton seems to lead the assists/highest average rating more often than not!

I'd actually been resigned to losing him as he said he wasn't interested, and then in pops a message in the inbox saying he's grumbling about not being offered a new deal yet. Don't think I've pressed the offer contract button quicker!!

I'll pop a round up just below this - I've not done one for a while and I'm due probably!

20 minutes ago, diegolawliet said:

Last thing: my language is spanish. I haven't decided yet if I will write in spanish and use some kind of translator or if I'll write directly in english (I speak it in an intermediate level). This one was option 2, but it can change in the following updates. I hope you understand me in both ways :D.

If this is you writing English, then it's more than understandable! :) My first language isn't English either, for what it's worth! ;) 

I hope you enjoy the challenge. Just a question, in your screenshot you have the National C license already, you are required to start without any license (as well as the lowest reputation, but that seems right I think), so unless you have gained it rather fast, you probably need to restart, sorry.

hace 17 minutos, XaW dijo:

If this is you writing English, then it's more than understandable! :) My first language isn't English either, for what it's worth! ;) 

I hope you enjoy the challenge. Just a question, in your screenshot you have the National C license already, you are required to start without any license (as well as the lowest reputation, but that seems right I think), so unless you have gained it rather fast, you probably need to restart, sorry.

Oh, my bad, thanks. I solved it. Luckily I only needed two restarts to get the same team. I edited my previous post with the new images, but the rest of the things are still valid :lol:. Thanks god I hadn't started the analysis of the squad.

What facepack/tools do people use for their academy players? I've not used any since the update that changed how it was done and am looking to start doing it again. 

Also, do you still have to edit config files to update them or is there a workaround for that yet?

28 minutes ago, diegolawliet said:

Oh, my bad, thanks. I solved it. Luckily I only needed two restarts to get the same team. I edited my previous post with the new images, but the rest of the things are still valid :lol:. Thanks god I hadn't started the analysis of the squad.

Nice one! Looks fine now. Thought I'd let you know before you spent a season on it! :D 

2 minutes ago, Potat said:

What facepack/tools do people use for their academy players? I've not used any since the update that changed how it was done and am looking to start doing it again. 

Also, do you still have to edit config files to update them or is there a workaround for that yet?

I've used NewGan and then manually edited a few myself if I didn't like the image. 

12 minutes ago, Potat said:

I use newgan as well. It works fine 90% of the time, it's only 10% of players where it will give the wrong ethnicity, for example my Ivorian player Abdoulaye Ouattara got a white face because he has English second nationality, I'm not sure if it manages correctly with mixed race / nationality players. 

I was fired after the press reported that the president did not accept the recruitment request for young people.

I started over at a new club.

Posted (edited)

Im getting the annoying semi-pro teams not being able to offer part-time contracts bug in my Myanmar save.  I don't suppose anyone knows how to fix this?  This has always stumped me :confused:

Edited by JAwtunes

17 hours ago, Anners said:

Spent ages doing this round up, waiting for the World Cup to end and then closed the tab after doing it all. Ugh. Attempt 2.

Tranent Round-Up

Anyway.. onto a round-up of Tranent!

Goalkeepers:

Paupol Massamba has been our number 1 for just over a decade, but he's starting to come towards the end of his career. We have Matteo Manzoni who is pretty much your bench keeper who "never plays but can do so in a pinch and be okay" kind of keeper. We do have Andrew Bannigan as a good youth prospect who has since this screenshot's been taken gone to relegated Rangers in the Championship and will be their first choice keeper for the 70/71 season.

Full Backs:

We're a bit short in the full back department, but we've got a couple of decent full backs. Joe Brown is our starter at right back with Hamish Grant on the left. We have Kelby Rudden as a back-up who can rotate in, but we tend to use some central defenders in the right back position if we're struggling.

Centre Backs:

We're relatively good in the centre back department, having gone through a bit of a transition with a number of players at the 32/33 stage. Our current starting centre backs are Cameron Macdonald and Jock McGinnes. We've seemingly got 3 players as back-ups who are all relatively the same, with the stand out being Lewis Tart. For youth prospects, Kieran Horgan is looking like our best option at the moment.

Defensive Midfield:

We have what I'd consider the first of our "elite players" here in Ally Collins. Equally adept in central defence and central midfield, I generally play Collins in the heart of the team in defensive midfield. Generally great all-round player who we rejected a £90m bid from Bayern Munich for over the summer. We do have a couple of our central midfielders who can cover, but our best youth prospect is currently Stephen Quinn

Central Midfielders:

Onto our second elite player in Brian Leighton. I actually thought he'd improve more, but he is on that cusp of being an excellent player so I won't complain too much. The other centre midfield spot is pretty contested at the moment. We have a couple of older players in Ryan Robertson and Sam Gordon, complemented by Ross Irving who can cover the defensive midfield spot too. On the more youthful side, we have Darren Cowan (who opted out of his contract and planned to leave before changing his mind in February thankfully!), Marcelo Pastoriza and apparently high potential Jim Crawford although I can't see it too much!

Wingers:

Similar to our centre back situation, we're blessed to an extent with a lot of 7/10 players but no real extremely strong players. On the right, Callum Currid (who had originally played on the left till the end of this season), Aidan McGinlay and Aleksander Zhelyazkov (who originally started up front as a striker).  On the left it's a bit rougher, but looks more promising. James Hudson and Kyle Wilson are 2 options, but we'll likely go with Taylor Malcolm (who appeared on the NXGN list) who has massively shot up in ability in the last 6 months. He even made his Scotland debut before his Tranent debut!

Strikers:

I don't need to say much here - Steve Court is by far our best player and is one of the leading European strikers at this point. He's probably the reason we couldn't get past the Quarter Final in the Champions League until he really made his mark in the team in 2066/67 (we lost to Man City in the final that year in our first appearance). Our best youth prospect is apparently Andrew Kerr - although decent mentally, will take a lot of work. For the time being, our only out and out striker back up is Kamel Amrouche.

Speaking of Steve Court still, it is still quite surprising he only has 19 caps for Scotland, but he's being kept out of the starting striker spot by none other than ex-Tranent man Connor Grant. Although he's probably nearly at the cut off point for Court taking over. Not a horrible situation for Scotland to be in at all!

Around the World:

Premier League - Ligue 1 - Bundesliga - Serie A - La Liga

Champions League - Europa League - Conference League

Euros - World Cup

Looks like some squad you've managed to assemble. Hopefully a Champions League isn't too far away.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Ron_Swanson said:

Club_crest_for_Swedish_football_club_Reymersholms_IK.png.6bdc99c145cb2de7682e39de53910e21.png

[FM23] Reymersholms IK - season 34 - 2056

Some good prospects, but I wish it would be more balanced with positions, because we need more defensive players in rotation and youth teams

s56intakepreview.thumb.png.efeb96a62b19a8b8178053f264ac5a5d.png

s56intake.thumb.png.80995cbae14899f8345aca3f06f2b34e.png

A comfortable 2nd place which is nice because it gives us a Champions League spot. Swedish league got pretty strong in this career sitting around 6-8 place in competitions ranking. Our CL performance with 3 wins so far still gives me hope we can advance to the next round but last two games are vs Man City and Porto so it will be very hard to improve our situation.  A phenomenal season for Stefanos Anagnostidis with 34 goals - maybe we have someone who can get close to Eddie Nelen's record

s56leaguetable.png.bf6a3ac484f5bb03d36a2cc806387a79.png

s56resultseurope.thumb.png.751feb29827d8598cf1a9830fe0f9a46.png

s56squad.thumb.png.aaa7fefcb07db1b3e73095856a358aa4.png

s56youthfacilitiesupgrade.png.13f447ffa945216938eb25b7d50f4e30.png

s56office.thumb.png.60a5e74f26e0844dfc6056bbc8352f37.png

I remember doing a YAC save in Sweden on FM23. It was with a team called Rynninge IK if I remember correctly. I still have no idea how to pronounce the club name :lol:. Got sacked, and because I wasn’t posting it I just rehired myself. No good Youth prospects so the save eventually just ended

Edited by jrobertgordon13

4 hours ago, jrobertgordon13 said:

I remember doing a YAC save in Sweden on FM23. It was with a team called Rynninge IK if I remember correctly. I still have no idea how to pronounce the club name :lol:. Got sacked, and because I wasn’t posting it I just rehired myself. No good Youth prospects so the save eventually just ended

I'd say it is pretty challenging, took me a while to beat 3rd/4th tier where the intakes are not so great and you need to be very careful with finances. But now as I reached current level I feel like it could be done, I'm enjoying every season and that slow progress

On 20/12/2023 at 12:59, The_Gato_In_Goal said:

It's been nearly a month, but I'm back playing the save again. Will start updating again this week

Spoiler, I didn't. But just booting the game back up and will see if I can recover the magic and try to progress a bit.

Posted (edited)
En 30/4/2024 a las 15:54, diegolawliet dijo:

Conwy Borough (Wales)

Conwy Borough F.C. - Wikipedia

First of all, thanks for all the welcomes that I've received. Since I discovered this thread I felt eager to start my own jorney. After thinking a lot I decided to play in Wales. I live in Argentina and I'm planning a travel to UK next end of year, so I watched many videos of the region to plan everything and learn about the cultures. I chose Wales instead of England just to play in a different leagues that I always do. Wales has only two divisions (second one is divided into North and South) but I think that's okay. We can make a healthy plan: avoid relegation, build a team to fight the promotion, be promoted to first division, avoid relegation again and then fight for european competition places before actually fighting for the title.

Revelar contenido oculto

U4J0YCd.png

I'll be clear with something: I am probably the worst player that Football Manager has ever seen. I play it since 2007 but I'm bad, really bad. But of course I'll try my best. And I think having this limitations (no transfers) will help to know better my squad and build the best possible team. The only fact of have progress will be a huge success for me. I hope you enjoy this story as well as I will do. You can look the full squad in two parts: part one - parte two. The best players of the squad are Alex Roberts, Ant Marshall and Toby Jones, two in the midfield and one defender. I wouldn't trust so much in the reports though, they were made by our goalkeeper coach. I will take my time to see one by one all the players and have my own report. Roberts was trained at club which is always desirable for us.

Revelar contenido oculto

image.png.5b5f18c3eec707213732b907fc54f29e.png

Y0zK20d.png

I'll close this brief day 1 report with some information of the club. We don't have reputation, we don't have good facilities. Finances I think are okay. The journey won't be short, but I hope it will be enjoyable. Please don't leave me alone and join us. Last thing: my language is spanish. I haven't decided yet if I will write in spanish and use some kind of translator or if I'll write directly in english (I speak it in an intermediate level). This one was option 2, but it can change in the following updates. I hope you understand me in both ways :D.

I don't know how to tell you... It hurts... We are relegated so it's over :D. I'll try to learn about this experience and try again. My biggest problem was players going to other clubs in free transfers. I realized so late that I could keep them by offering new contracts. Now you understand why I said I'm the worst player ever. My excuse:

Spoiler

image.png.2cdbc563a2729c29e910ed3d49f0afbc.png

Edited by diegolawliet

Inter de Limeira Season 1 2024

We were kissed with the beauty of success

Campeonato Paulista Sicredi

This was our first competition and we did well to finish 4th in the league stage and winning Group A. We lost to Serie A side Sao Paulo in a tight game in the quarter finals. 

Campeonato Brasileiro Série C

We started the league stage strongly and never looked back to finish a runaway first. In the second stage group A we again dominated to finish first and win promotion. We then played Paysandu in the two legged Champions Final which we won on aggregate 5-3. Over the course of these three stages we did not lose a match and were easily the best team in the competition. 

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Youth Intake

Preview was disappointing.

The reality was not any better with no elite talents and only 4 top talents. Not a good first intake, I need this to improve in future years.

My Profile

The board would not let me study for my National C license because they were sacred of losing me. No other upgrades approved.

Transfer history

Jefferson was signed before I joined and I could not stop him joining.

Posted (edited)

I decided to abandon the attempt in Iceland, the president would not accept any request for improvement.

I started again in Hungary, below images from SEASON 1 - 24/25

pJcloJiRoOw.jpg

STg9EzOtbvQ.jpg

DZP72XvBL-I.jpg

The transfer was already about to happen, which I think is great, as he is a central defender of great quality.

g77ChS9q13U.jpg

UE4LFZFPKiA.jpg

A weak first intake of young people

9oEQPbfZJxI.jpg

89LxOyefjIU.jpg

Now yes, president, in tune with me, may we continue like this.

uyu64p0h3Xo.jpg

dznEsOW2rkk.jpg

A magnificent campaign in Division Two, we managed to climb without difficulty, and in the World Cup we got where we were.

Without fussing the best player on the team, our scorer and player with the highest average on the team.

Edited by CDGBruno