The FM24 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

@libbyshussthank you for tagging me. Congrats, getting through those early years in Belgium is no mean feat. You've been added to the HoF :applause:

As has @Anners as I saw it when catching up this morning. Congrats to you as well. Have also been added :applause:

A lot of new nations completed. i will update the complete list for FM25 topic but below the biggest nations not completed yet.

Austria, Belgium, Romania, Papa New Guinea, Curaco, Vanuatu, Japan completed for the first time.

Not completed yet:

Spoiler

image.png.a812079027a2d8b5f5301418def4df56.png

Edited by OlivierL

Massive congrats @libbyshuss - I kind-of thought Belgium was impossible; until now that is :D And @Anners, amazing stuff! Great to see you do it after all those final disappointments (I also had plenty of those, maybe it's a thing when you manage in Scotland :) )

Posted (edited)
3 ore fa, OlivierL ha scritto:

A lot of new nations completed. i will update the complete list for FM25 topic but below the biggest nations not completed yet.

Austria, Belgium, Romania, Papa New Guinea, Curaco, Vanuatu, Japan completed for the first time.

Not completed yet:

Rivela contenuti nascosti

image.png.a812079027a2d8b5f5301418def4df56.png

How can someone do Albania?
@darren1983

Edited by Andrew Marines

End of Season Review

Season 2024/25

Saffron Dynamo

image.png.0961cdfbb89f0422fcb91bbe22e507d2.png 

League Table - League Fixtures 1 - League Fixtures 2

F. A. Vase - United Counties League Cup

Squad

Seb Bolton - Jack Lennox - Charlie Butt

Transfers In - Transfers Out

Youth Candidates

Phil Holt YP25A1 - Kacper Kubik YP25C3 - Alain Lacoste YP25J10

Personal Contract

Season     Contract Start Date     Contract Expiry Date     Pre Tax Wage     Post Tax Wage
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start          24 June 2024             30 June 2025         £275 p/w          £250 p/w
2024/25           24 JUne 2024             30 June 2025         £275 p/w =        £250 p/w =

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications     Att  Def  Fit  GkD  GkH  GkS  Tac  Tec  Men  SeP  WWY  Ada  Det  PlK  YoK  LoD  PeM  Mot
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.50*)     None                 1    1    1    1    1    1    1    3    1    1    3    1    1    1    2    2    2    2
2024/25    Minimal = (0.50*) =   National C ↑         4 ↑  4 ↑  1 =  1 =  1 =  1 =  4 ↑  5 ↑  4 ↑  1 =  3 =  1 =  6 ↑  3 ↑  3 ↑  9 ↑  4 ↑  4 ↑

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Youth Level  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Poor                 Poor                   0       Basic                 Basic            Limited            Obscure   (0.50*)
2024/25    Poor =               Poor =                 0 =     Basic =               Basic =          Limited =          Obscure = (0.50*) =

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2024/25      45        35        3        7         158              59                 +99              77.78%

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2024/25          45        35        3        7         158              59                 +99              77.78%             306 days

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------
2024/25    United Counties League Divison 1

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------
1 x United Counties League Division 1 (2024/25)

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                                          Position     F.A. Cup                    Carabao Cup        Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2024/25           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       United Counties League Division 1                  1st          N/a                          N/a            Promoted as champions.  F. A. Vase first qualifying round.  United Counties League Cup second round.

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Appearances
---------------------------------------------------------------------
2024/25    No one                                    0

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                          Cumulative Number of Goals
2024/25    No one                                        0

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                        Cumulative Number of Assists
2024/25    No one                                      0

Record Number of Clean Sheets (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                   Cumulative Number of Clean Sheets
2024/25    No one                                     0

8 hours ago, darren1983 said:

@libbyshussthank you for tagging me. Congrats, getting through those early years in Belgium is no mean feat. You've been added to the HoF :applause:

As has @Anners as I saw it when catching up this morning. Congrats to you as well. Have also been added :applause:

Please don't forget about me 😊

Northern Ireland - Donegal Celtic - Season 1

image.png.acb6e8217eaf0160ab8dc3e6d4bb8a49.png

I've started many saves in this thread and I failed all of them except one. In the last one, my computer of 8 years died and I lost the save. The was with Belfast Celtic and when it went away I was in the middle of my 10th season, top of the second division and with youth academy and recruitment upgraded to excellent. The good thing is my new computer can run FM much quicker and without it sounding like a plane engine on takeoff.

Donegal Celtic seems even more difficult than Belfast Celtic as their inherited squad is very weak. I finished second the last. I was given an ultimatum to earn 8 points in the first 5 games of the following season and just cleared it. 

Screenshot2024-05-13at10_06_47PM.thumb.png.13674d762ed69563c1de6d107bd53cb3.png

image.thumb.png.9666c5da379aa6d031a798da7dc69e8c.png

Tactics

Every save I try to implement a tactical system. This is one is playing very narrow with high possession and the use of overlapping wing backs. My first intake had a lot of 10+ passers who are book in everything else so this seems to be the best option. Usually, the midfielders will knock it about and then send it wide for the wing back who drags a cross across the goal. From this shot map you can see many goals are at point blank range.

image.thumb.png.eb247eec1aff6bcda5e03cb6ee5e7c14.png 

image.thumb.png.71c1fbfe8a69253410a27e0bf963e01a.png

@naterr Always love to see United dealing with some sort of hardship (the last decade has been full of fun for me!). On the intake note, I don't think I had one intake with Merthyr that didn't have a couple of players in it that looked like they could make the cut in all the seasons I managed with them, I figured it might be something to do with them being based in Wales but playing in England so there is less competition for the Welsh players... Probably not the case, but made sense in my head at the time.

6 hours ago, Riebow said:

Please don't forget about me 😊

Ah I missed it when scrolling through and there was no tag. My apologies for missing it. Congrats and you've also been added to the HoF :applause:

TIk4uzw.png

Season 5 - 2028/29 - Czechia - Second Division:

bLVEkLt.png

By xG we should have been a midtable team, but our offense let us down this season. 

7cBf5rj.png

Nothing major again. 

RjIGpkU.png

SnUG6KN.png

zkgiaJ7.png

Hopefully, this beefy boy develops into just what I need.  Overall it was a good intake once again very deep in potential. 

2029/30 Season Preview:

7zHyWXs.png

Igyvwyf.png

SUzevqR.png

I'm not sure why there is a spike in expectations. That has me a bit concerned. Maybe I'm underestimating the team, but I feel like we're a season away from that. 

13 hours ago, Virtual Male said:

image.png.3ee196762e9c9e0681ef4f032eab0d8d.png

Victor San Marino

Season 2 2025/26

Manager Profile - Competitions - Facilities - Finances

Competitions

• Serie C NOW Girone B (Past Positions- Coming off the back of a very mid table finish last season I was hopeful that we could do a little better and maybe creep into the lower play-off positions. I wasn't disappointed and we spent pretty much the whole season between 4th and 9th position and finished comfortably in the play-offs without ever threatening the automatic promotion positions. The post season was much lengthier than I was expecting and I lost a sizable chunk of the team to international duty towards the end but we still managed to make it all the way to the final! By that point the legs of the players that were still hanging around had gone and we never really posed a threat to Gubbio who beat us 3-1 over two legs meaning another season in the Serie C. 

I'm hoping for next season we can threaten for the top spot, so even if we don't win the league we can cut out some of the post season matches... 10 is too many.

• Squad
  • Squad.thumb.png.1a0a46560296144a1293fc36ab1f449c.pngRiccardoGramellini.thumb.png.e5aa8b8fc886872fd3ab303320fef859.png
  • Much the same squad as the first season with only Matteo Berardi getting substantial minutes from last years intake but overall it's a much stronger team than last year. Riccardo Gramellini has again been the standout performer and was awarded a number of things at the end of the season including Serie C player of the year, Serie C/B player of the year, Defender of the Year and was named in the Serie C/B Team of the Year, I've got him signed onto a new contract so he'll be sticking around for the foreseeable future. Going into next season I hope to get a few more of the youth players blooded into the first team to enhance their development.

Youth Intake (Preview)

• YouthIntake.thumb.png.8925ff9b81090a31ab9bbef73dd0f63f.png
  • The preview looked like it could give us a couple of decent players, including a much needed goalkeeper.
  • MathiasPedretti.thumb.png.ef98d6d920138c8b4663009b5b491202.pngWilliamMularoni-SanMarino.thumb.png.4d75a964fc1c60dd1991c89b2658460a.png
  • It didn't disappoint either with 3 players having over 4.5* potential, this pick of them being Goalkeeper Mathias Pedretti, he's not got awful attributes for a 15 year old and I think he'll come into the first team as the cup keeper while he's training with the U18's. The top Sammarinese talent is William Mularoni who can play both fullback positions, I think he's got something about him so he'll be coming in as backup to both fullbacks for next season so hopefully he'll develop fairly quickly. 

Transfers & Finances - Nothing to show on the transfer front since there's not really enough players to be letting anyone go at this point. The bank account is starting to cause a little concern but the board aren't worried so I'll continue to ignore this potential problem. 

Other - The board continued to accept any request I made to gain more qualifications and by the end of the season I'd gained a Continental B License and started studying for a Continental A License.

Oh wow thats absolutely brutal. Two top prospects and both casual.

5 hours ago, darren1983 said:

Ah I missed it when scrolling through and there was no tag. My apologies for missing it. Congrats and you've also been added to the HoF :applause:

My Chernomerets save also hasnt been added

20 hours ago, Thebaker said:

@OlivierL i dont think Ireland is possible as there is no promotion/relegation from the bottom league, maybe a few of the other leagues are the same?

yes idd,  i will remove them from the next overview.

Posted (edited)
On 29/12/2023 at 09:59, leyrtj said:

fPDzegKpfk3MguJnlJVEWneEh9-OdYYkkukOJnqSZ1XXYFkevChWZRMxqk8QC1lal8JVRA_vF1iVE8DQv_yQDcEAOKP3n-7vH0OMgDjrQgvZXtFW4y99fr-v7Mh7Cmilz9ZnKIXrc_ny0OY86Ls8Vp0

Lam Dong - Season 17 - 2036 - Vietnam - Wake UP 247 V. League 1 (Tier 1) - 1st - AFC Champions League - WINNERS!

CHALLENGE COMPLETE!

Oh man. What a season. We won the AFC Champions League and therefore have complete the challenge. I'm playing on FM20 if that's important. The number one emotion is relief. I've come so close the last few seasons, so it feels nice to finally get over the line. This challenge tests you so much along the way. I've been totally obsessed with it over the Christmas period. I've now completed Africa and Asia. The next continent will be North or South America I think. I see Colombia hasn't been done yet so that's high on the list. 

AFC Champions League - Winners

We drew a medium to tough group with Ulsan Hyundai, Shanghai SIPG and Hokkaido Sapporo, and took 7 points from the first 3 games. We were then 3 - 0 up in the 4th games, then Hokkaido scored 3 goals in the last 5 minutes. A loss away to Ulsan left the group wide open as we travelled away to Shanghai SIPG. A tight game saw Lukas Etterlin score the winner and put us through top of the group. This season really was about Lukas Etterlin, and all action seemed to revolve around him. As mentioned in the previous update, he started the season at left wing, but things weren't clicking. We then put him back up front, and he then went to score more than a goal a game including the winner to put us through top of the group.

Finishing top of the group, we were hoping for a good draw and Melbourne City was pretty good, and we battered them at home to go through. Then it was time for Jeonbuk - we seem to play them every year - three years in a row to be precise. Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors had knocked us out twice in recent years and won the competition numerous times. However, we enacted revenge again, and brushed them aside fairly easily. The semis against  Shangdong Luneng was a tight affair. In the away we were pretty dominant but they hit us on the break twice to win 2 - 1. The AI had started playing 2 up front against me, and it was proving really effective on the break with quick strikers. In the second leg Lukas Etterlin stepped up again. He scored a penalty in the first minute to settle the nerves, then again inthe 23rd minute, before completing his hattrick in injury time.

In the final we faced Al-Sadd from Qatar, a team who had won the Champions League 6 times in the last 10 years. Featuring a load of foreigners who had acquired Qatari passports (3 years needed), an old Bakaya Saka had scored the winner in the final last year. In the home leg, it was somehow goal less - Lukas Etterlin hit the post 4 times and they had 5 clear cut chances, but then we had a man sent off in the 57th minute. They peppered our goal but it finished 0 - 0. Then, disaster - we lost 8 players who went to the AFF Championship with Vietnam. We managed to put out a team, but our bench was full of U19 youth players. I genuinely thought we had no chance, but then Lukas Etterlin made his presence felt again. A 5th minute penalty was given to us and a golden chance for the away goal. Etterline stepped up and....put it wide. However, he scored a first time half volley in the 24th minute after a knock down from Nguyen Van Hien. Al-Sadd drew level in 49th minute with a header, but then Lukas Etterlin scored a header of his own following a cross from Truong Tron Sang. They scored a penalty to equalize and it was 2 - 2, but we were ahead on away goals. They absolutely dominated us for 30 minutes, and I was struggling to watch. But then he popped up again, laying on an assist for Nguyen Van Hien to make it 3 - 2. It was all over, and the trophy was our's. Had I been Al-Sadd I would have been gutted. Not quite an FMing but they deserved to win.

image.thumb.png.5895b8b75b5137b16ba8a4e56168ecdd.png

image.thumb.png.ed12baff70cb52a58112bd105fd5df7b.png

image.png.49cb6d9c7fb1b2677ac5d2f1fe0312ee.png

image.png.b6f33c935fedd473472dd66ecddd8d9c.png

image.png.f72794e84a21154d5015fee447402bd4.png

Elsewhere in the League

The league was won again, but only by 3 points this time. We also won the cup and the Super Cup. In total we won the league 6 times and the Bamboo Airways Cup 4 times. 

image.png.602be7d8752c0ad9b0fdcc62bcf24e27.png

image.png.44ffbee66f1bb30fdbf3b87cfda9bc72.png

image.png.573d43b51174b448808ce234e57d0f36.png

image.png.592724d0a55897088016c02a8cb50955.png

More on Lukas Etterlin

As mentioned above this season was all about Lukas Etterlin. He is the most memorable player I've had in the game even though I've only managed him for 2 season. Last season he was a bit inconsistent up front so I thought I'd put him on the left wing and I have another good striker to go up front. however, it wasn't working, so we moved him back up front. After a poor start to the season he then started firing at a goal a game. With 5 star ability and plenty more to go, he's far too good for this level, and he knows it. I rejected an offer for him from Hoffenheim and he kicked the toys out the pram. Luckily he was on a long contract with an extension clause. He missed training after staying out late to enjoy the Dalat nightlife 4 times. During this time he also acquired Vietnamese nationality. I'm quite tempted to continue the save, become Vietnam manager and see if he'll change nationality. He also did something I'd never seen before - scored a penatly from a rebound.

image.png.e8c78998789bd93cc63770a2f1004da8.png

image.png.a133f35e2602efe88fe368ef9d53c778.png

image.thumb.png.a0dfea0e9ab6f19df77b3b140e54cdef.png

The Final Squad

In the end I don't think the squad had any big weaknesses. Normally, with these saves, you lack in one position. Perhaps midfield we lacked during the save, but we have a couple of young talents coming through. Lukas Etterlin was undoubtedly the player that got us through. We had a team to compete in the knock out stages of the Champions League, but his goals were what helped us win it. It's strange. In my South Africa Youth Academy challenge I had a similar player come through at the same time - young foreign striker (Jamie Wood from England), who helped us win the Champions League. 

image.thumb.png.5bea9946c799557b661f64d8bb62fbe1.png

Player Records

image.png.eaeea46bbe31101f5d495cbbf4184dc2.png

image.png.a9a6d2799382834a56121a4f044e5a40.png

Youth - for what it's worth

image.png.3c7087caaef0b55bfb6fd2447a30e90d.png

image.png.523b70d5db9bc0e8d325b102a3903d92.png

image.png.dfb1c572ec24fd7cf8dc5681e9b4713d.png

@darren1983 Also I completed in Vietnam a while back. Link above. 

Congrats to the completioners! Very impressive. 

Edited by leyrtj

image.png.faf150a798a2e3862bc6fae55f83c0c2.png

Table | Squad | Transfers

Started with 4 straight wins but it went downhill from there as the teams defensive problems came to the fore. By halfway i was worried for my job as the board expected a top half finish but the team rallied to just get into the top half. Not entered into the swedish cup which is disappointing from a finance point of view. The defence is likely to hold back the team due to a lack of numbers and quality with the strength in midfield.

Finances steadily went down and the board would not make any facility improvements.

My best player was Lamu who is a star for this league and had the highest rating in the league but didn't end up as top scorer. Also worthy of a mention was Mohammadi who played on both wings.

The youth preview didn't look good inspite of being labelled a good intake. The reality bore this out with few players of much potential and few defenders. Only Kharin who could feature at LW and Soder who i might convert to RB could really feature very much next season.

Youth Nationalities:

Continent

Europe

Africa

South America

Asia

North America

Oceania

Overall

100%

Country

#

%

Country

#

%

Country

#

%

Country

#

%

Country

#

%

Country

#

%

Europe

90.63%

Sweden

Ivory Coast

3.13%

Bolivia

3.13%

Iraq

3.13%

Africa

3.13%

Albania

3.13%

South America

3.13%

Serbia

3.13%

Asia

3.13%

Russia

3.13%

North America

Oceania

Season

League

Position

Swedish Cup

Europe

Top Scorer

Top Assists

Attendance

Training

Youth

Junior

Youth Rec

Notes

D2 NS

9th

Not entered

N/A

Lamu(18)

Lamu(6)

Basic

Poor

Basic

Basic

As I've previously said, I'm not really around as much as much as I used to be so if you do complete the challenge please try and tag me (or if you see a completion not tagged then tag me) as there's a chance I will miss it - as you've all seen :D 

Well done to all that have completed it, I've only ever done it once, though and you all deserve your places in the Hall of Fame 

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

As I've previously said, I'm not really around as much as much as I used to be so if you do complete the challenge please try and tag me (or if you see a completion not tagged then tag me) as there's a chance I will miss it - as you've all seen :D 

Well done to all that have completed it, I've only ever done it once, though and you all deserve your places in the Hall of Fame 

Thanks for organizing it darren. Still the best challenge out there. 

Edited by leyrtj

Been away from the thread for a while and it looks like I've missed a lot of completions, congratulations to all but in particular @libbyshuss for overcoming the financial issues with Belgium, superb achievement :applause:

Also a big shout out to @Anners and @Riebow with their induction to the hall of fame :applause:

@Ice029 with the first ever completion spanning two football manager versions in Romania, within 20 years and also being inducted to the hall of fame :applause:

Apologies for undoubtedly missing a few completions, great work all.....nice to see the community is still going strong.

I think Clyde and myself need to find new kit men if they feel there is a sufficient difference between these kits :lol:

S9-FriendlyKits.png.71719c61c31475eeb703ac903e14e148.png

2 hours ago, Neo_Geo said:

I think Clyde and myself need to find new kit men if they feel there is a sufficient difference between these kits :lol:

S9-FriendlyKits.png.71719c61c31475eeb703ac903e14e148.png

shirts vs skins will sorts that ;)

Been away for a while, with an almost catastrophic windows update related failure, BUT glad to check in and see many completions - well done to all but especially @libbyshuss - the impossible challenge of belgium, seems more possible now...I am tempted!

Still going strong in Uruguay in season 2, but April and May have been hectic....hoping to get back into it in the coming weeks though!

15 hours ago, resurectedja said:

Oh wow thats absolutely brutal. Two top prospects and both casual.

Yeah, it isn't ideal but I'm just happy to have some young players that could (but won't) have a highish potential.

Ouch, lost 2-0 away and went all out for this, dominated the match and just couldn't get the third and my record appearance holder misses the 5th penalty

image.png.9cdf27c657b82d6f551dd1578692d6e2.png

Posted (edited)

KETTERING TOWN - ENGLAND

Htebz5J.png

I got fired in the third season with AFC Telford. I'm not stopping, though. I'll repeat the challenge again and again until I have success. Let's try again with Ketterign Town. It was the best choice possible looking the facilities and recruitment stars. Squad looks good, in terms of amount of players, but we can't be sure right now because some of them will leave the club before the season starts. And this is the manager profile. I think it was the first time I created the save without license errors. Goal of the first season: avoid the relegation and keep a squad of at least 18 players.

Edited by diegolawliet

Merthyr_Town_F.C._logo.png.a5e33af881dc084e0845ab4834084292.png

Alex Jones at Merthyr - Update

Short update for this one, but I am going to put this challenge on hold for a while. Sorry to anyone that was enjoying the updates but I plan to continue it eventually!

In short, I lose the motivation for it. I think I realised how much of a mammoth task this was going to be (in England specifically) and so I wanted to try something a bit easier.

The good news....I have found another team to do this challenge with, in a different continent. Looking through other peoples saves here it seems a bit easier in other continents. There was a country I had in mind before I picked Merthyr which would have been a lot of fun but their league wasn't available in the base game. I have managed to get the league sorted now so I am going to give that a go and hopefully will bring an update on that one later today (if I don't get sacked first season).

Posted (edited)

Badge.png.7b279c3331e70e00145e9f3e373b02f8.png

TSV Alemannia Aachen 2026/2027 Season 3 

First season in Bundesliga 2 and we managed to survive on goal difference. It took 2 months before we got our first victory but once we did we managed to have a little bit of consistency throughout the  rest of the year. Our biggest problem was not being able to hold onto leads, drawing a second league highest 13 draws. If we can convert some of those draws into wins we should be able to survive next season. 

FinalTable.png.d2a5d2fd46ee85eebb9ca9394dddf1aa.png

Our squad is staring to see some youth players become regular starters with the likes on Akinola and Kennedy playing in almost ever game. However both have recently came to me and are wanting to play for bigger teams but I do have a 3 year extension on both of their contracts. 

SquadFinalDay.thumb.png.6cf3b1b90253f3d00af26b79b558dcf7.png

Kennedy27.thumb.png.22f824526257a196210e201cdb2905d4.pngAkinola27.thumb.png.f692ffda3cf7dd37aafa65cfc98b59e3.png

Our youth preview looked amazing with 3 A rated players and the intake did not disappoint with Sidka looking like he could become an amazing winger for us in the future. The other players look decent however the personalities aren't great with Joppe and Wilmaz both being unambitious and Steinfeldt who is Fairly sporting, so we will have to see how these players develop. 

2027Intakepreview.png.a890cbef45defdf0ae744cb584c14f3f.png

youthintake2027.png.c8127359ef224d2f15e4485884222fd2.png\

Sidka.thumb.png.c7cd1c35bb07985b5654b9624cb6daa2.png

End of season saw us with a bit of money in the bank and the board agreed to a few request with training facilities and youth recruitment improved and ive been able to start another coaching course. 

Recruitmentimproved.png.7bcbc02d2270a942ae1f0f35830f3da1.pngTrainingimproved.png.5f38a0cbd892c166b197261549ea106a.png

CoachingCourse.png.37cc1f7c08ebef081955d9eaf9bf19e2.png

Overall a great season, we managed to survive and we go again in Bundesliga 2. Hopefully we can put in some more youth players into the team and speed up their development and begin to develop a team that can fight for the title in this league. 

Edited by Mattc08

Posted (edited)

image.png.d26132187323557e385485b128558223.png

2025 (season 2)

Table | Squad | Transfers

Started the season in great form and was always battling with Dalkurd for the promotion spots. I managed to get ahead with 1 game to go and easily won the last game to win the title. No entry again for the swedish cup.

Finances continue to sink downwards and the board will not improve anything as a result.

Its dissappointing that none of my players are showing any improvement in their ability, in fact several have actually declined. The defence is still really poor with no sign of changing, Blomberg left at the end of the season after an arguement about not playing enough.

Lamu continues to be the stand out player even though he missed 2 months through injury. Engdahl was also very good up front.

Bahar started the season as backup and was complaining about game time by halfway but due to injures came in and ended up top for assists.

My HOY left 2 days before the youth preview as i had not extended his contract and was replaced by this guy. The youth preview was poor and the intake was about as good as i could hope for. Johansson and Shala could feature next season.

Youth nationalities:

Continent

Europe

Africa

South America

Asia

North America

Oceania

Overall

100%

Country

#

%

Country

#

%

Country

#

%

Country

#

%

Country

#

%

Country

#

%

Europe

89.06%

Sweden

82.81%

Ivory Coast

1.56%

Bolivia

1.56%

Iraq

1.56%

Africa

7.81%

Albania

1.56%

Somalia

1.56%

South America

1.56%

Serbia

1.56%

Guinea

1.56%

Asia

1.56%

Russia

1.56%

Kenya

1.56%

North America

Turkey

1.56%

DRC

1.56%

Oceania

Season

League

Position

Swedish Cup

Europe

Top Scorer

Top Assists

Attendance

Training

Youth

Junior

Youth Rec

Notes

D2 NS

9th

Not entered

N/A

Lamu(18)

Lamu(6)

Basic

Poor

Basic

Basic

D2 NS

1st

Not entered

N/A

Lamu(19)

Bahar(10)

Basic

Poor

Basic

Basic

Edited by Thebaker

End-of-Season Review

Season 2039/40

Le Puy

1200px-Logo_Puy_Foot_43_Auvergne_2017.thumb.png.000904696565b22322a53ec71b429de8.png

Season Summary- Another season in the top division and another 36 points (we did drop 2 positions compared to last year. We haven't changed much from last year, with us winning 1 more game this year and drawing 3 fewer games. At the same time, having the same goals and 1 less against. The goals against have been an issue we have had since we started playing an aggressive 4-2-4 in Ligue 2. This is why this year I started tinkering around with a more defensive 4-2-3-1 and a 4-3-3. These ended up helping us become better defensively by conceding fewer chances. But our goalkeeper had a horrible season, where his expected goal prevented was -15.59 (meaning 15 more goals went in than would have been expected). This obviously has a massive impact on our results and is difficult to change because we haven't had a standout goalkeeper come through our youth system. 

Screenshot2024-05-21161729.png.eebc6fae334e9f160005472d15b61a9f.png

On more positive news the plans for our new stadium were finally finished near the end of the season, we will be moving into the 21382-capacity stadium in 2 years. The cost means we will now have to pay back 250k monthly for the next 10 years.

Screenshot2024-05-21160318.png.fd49aa97e1d77d7eb708fbf112156a9a.png

We also had our 3 player in the NXGN (Diaw was on the list last year as well), with Chris Botamba finishing 8th overall.

Screenshot2024-05-20131150.png.f9bbc8b0a69f285c2be360755c169b42.png

Transfers- While there were no big sales of any kind throughout these transfer windows. We did anger a few of our leaders by selling our legend and all-time top scorer Andreas Kruger. He was starting to get mad and wanted to leave, so when I got a 130k offer I accepted. Kruger was not the only legend to leave the club as Goran Grahovac (353 appearances, 38 goals, 44 assists) also left us as he was no longer part of our rotation.

Youth Candidates- In December the preview looked pretty good, it didn't look revolutionary. But with 2 Bs it looked promising, and luckily it turned out like that. While we only had 2 elite talents, they both looked good and had good mentalities. The best of the lot by far was Boukhari who is an attack-minded midfielder who is a perfectionist. He looks to be the perfect person to slot in behind Botamba when he comes of age.  He is already as good attacking-wise as Botamba, but he still as a lot of thing which need to improve before he can be a starter.

Screenshot2024-05-14223706.png.b2e4e61b383dd1fb7d0dc97b1f28b465.png   Screenshot2024-05-20000249.thumb.png.e606aec42abd849c5fa26e260ec964c9.png

Screenshot2024-05-21172002.thumb.png.f5936f69498d2c061e7a6b395a694180.png

Key Players

POTS/YPOTS- Botamba has become a revelation and a vital member of this team. After he was not recommended to be signed in our youth intake and had only 2 clear stars of potential, to now becoming our star player and having interest from Bayern Munich (very worryingly). He was our POTS as well as the most promising player in Ligue 1 this year, with 5 goals and 8 assists from 34 appearances. While also becoming our first wonderkid. He has a contract till 2045, which means we will hopefully be able to keep him for a long time 

Screenshot2024-05-21134228.thumb.png.dbeaaa1283ae586efacf1b22f95164e1.png    Screenshot2024-05-21164315.png.54174524f113ed81e1bb1cd15c085654.png

Top Scorer-  Clinton Nkem was yet again our top scorer, with 10 goals in the league this season. He scored most of his goals at the beginning of the season and struggled much more as the sole striker. His good record in 2039 also delivered him the European Golden Boy

Screenshot2024-05-21171920.thumb.png.1885b564d2e6bc17d61daa63935b8183.png   Screenshot2024-05-15134229.png.a40b047cf323ef43c94b5a5f1bfe25f8.png

The best new youngster- Our best youngster from last season's youth intake was Salemme, he was in the first team for most of the season, because his quality is very close to that of our current defensive midfielders. While he sometimes struggled in his 19 appearances, he was at a similar as those around him.

Screenshot2024-05-21171934.thumb.png.dfcd4ecb9e29324ca5901f03d5f5c2d7.png

Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
2024/25          37       12       13       12          64              62                 -2               32.0%             328 days 
2025/26          74       32       23       19          133             104                29               43.0%             730 days
2026/27          111      37       33       41          168             171                -3               33.0%             1074 days
2027/28          148      53       45       50          230             220                10               35.0%             1431 days
2028/29          192      77       57       58          313             271                42               40.0%             1816 days
2029/30          232      90       65       77          380             353                27               38.0%             2181 days
2030/31          269      101      72       96          428             416                12               37.0%             2550 days
2031/32          305      111      78       116         480             493                -13              36.0%             2903 days
2032/33          341      124      86       131         548             554                -6               36.0%             3298 days
2033/34          379      138      94       147         621             624                -3               36.0%             3652 days
2034/35          419      157      100      162         697             688                9                37.0%             3999 days
2035/36          457      169      111      177         764             755                9                36.0%             4356 days
2036/37          494      187      118      189         834             813                21               37.0%             4723 days
3037/38          535      212      126      197         938             870                68               39.0%             5093 days
3038/39          575      226      135      214         1000            955                45               39.0%             5460 days
3039/40          612      238      141      233         1058            1038               20               38.0%             5823 days

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1/9/2037           Fares Jaballah 11A          RB                    RSC Anderlecht               Belgium                    4,600,000 (7,000,000)
15/8/2034          Rudy Lenourmand 8A          CDM/CB                RSC Anderlecht               Belgium                    4,700,000 (6,000,000)
31/1/2031          Abdelkader Belhadj 4c       CDM                   Club Brugge                  Belgium                    1,700,000 (2,300,000) 
02/02/2037         Salvador Zounon 10L         RW                    Lorient                      France                     1,400,000 (1,700,000) 

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------
2037-2038     Ligue 2

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only) 
All time           Player             Number of Appearances                  
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
2023-present       Gilles Comte              447
2025-2039       Andreas Kruger               386
2025-present       Ousmane Tine              361
2024-2039       Goran Grahovac               353
2026-present       Olivier Penot             335

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

All time           Player               Number of Goals                        
-------------------------------------------------------------------
2025-2039          Andreas Kruger            136 
2025-present       Ousmane Tine              61       
2026-2036          Kevin Toure               54
2032-present       Houssem Omrani            44
2024-2039          Goran Grahovac            38                          

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

All time           Player               Number of Assists           
-----------------------------------------------------------------
2025-present       Ousmane Tine              68
2023-present       Gilles Comte              55   
2024-present       Goran Grahovac            44  
2025-present       Andreas Kruger            40
2030-present       Abdoulaye Diallo          40

Record Number of Clean Sheets (Players From The Academy Only)

All time          Player               Number of Clean sheets   
----------------------------------------------------------------
2027-present      Kevin Labonne              28
2032-37           Abdoul Soro                1

Screenshot2024-05-21180421.png.f8383296064d5c43df6393a593ccfec5.png

logo.png

Haringey Borough - Youth Intake Season 7

Well look at this, we're back and we have an intake. Seems solid, our squad is getting better so the stars look worse than in years past.

78XMH6.jpg

Spoiler

I like the look of Can 07a as a BPD instead of a midfielder. We're weaker in that position and he's tall enough to do a job aerially. Good personality and PA according to my assistants,

uS4tXO.jpg

Spoiler

Williams 07b looks like he'll be good depth as a rotation option to play the IF(A) or the AF(A) roles in our team.

40XHco.jpg

Spoiler

Bas 07f is like a mini-version of Can 07a, will also train him as a BPD. Low potential, but good CA and personality is promising.

3nzyGE.jpg

TIk4uzw.png

Season 6 - 2029/30 - Czechia - Second Division:

Cha0XMb.png

The team was way more competitive than I expected, but there's still a bitter taste to leave so many points at the end and miss a shot at promotion. 

zInsl3N.png

qdELGqz.png

Not quite as deep of an intake, but some real talent at the top of the class.

NsyTmMC.png

LjMkw0B.png

A Unique player here. He came right in at Second Division standard with "Could Improve a lot" potential. 

IngDCPp.png

Just trimming the roster. 

2030/31 Season Preview:

oY4oOvu.png

KJaHU8o.png

u8S2l75.png

I'm going to raise my expectations from last season and say I expect the be in the hunt for promotion again this season. Our training facilities are great, and I've been allowed to hire a lot of coaches, even if they aren't great. 

Scotland - 2025/26 - season 2

Cowdenbeath_crest.png.cc0b91523f3aaab0092ce0cbb01d94dc.png

Cinch League 2

Blue Brazil's play-off challenge derailed by poor end to season

We were the very definition of inconsistent for the first half of the season. Winning 3-0 away at the leaders one week, losing 2-1 at home to the bottom team the week after. With 8 games left we were in with a shout of the play-off but decided then would be a good time to go on a long run without a win

26leaguetable.JPG.7021038c0feed8b810963780d2c4c2e5.JPG

Youth

Not a bad intake again, which will hopefully come in handy once the legacy players start to drop out. None of them look amazing though, Ricky Thompsons moustache excepted.

26youthintake.JPG.261d8353fd9d3f6a701ac63dc4fc6b79.JPG

Career

26career.thumb.JPG.6572e539a03b0da610cf73cf6f75c6b3.JPG