[FM23.4] TMC Megapack (incl. Russian clubs in AFC Champions League)

17 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Briefly thought about adding teams who haven't already qualified for the AFC tournaments already from places like Northern Marianas, Guam, Australia, and possibly even Taiwan and ASEAN nations. Probably not worth it, but you reminded me of CF Rapa Nui aka Easter Island... the game has them as extinct, possibly just to use as a history entry somewhere, but there's no reason to believe they wouldn't be active again in the future. Might have to make them un-extinct, stock with them with a few Chilean lower-league players and put them into an alternate version of the O-League :p

Considering a short term save with Team Hawaii but this would defo be just as fun! Especially with promotion and relegation possible in the Chilean pyramid

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Vakama2619 said:

Little irrelevant/off topic but wanted to celebrate somewhere, having a little test run with my edits as well as yours and I noticed that the club based in my city (Ipswich), and who I plan on managing had back to back promotions to the top tier. Albeit on view only mode but good enough for me. Funny part is they didn't win the title once

image.thumb.png.7c7516b2d7204d0ac8a9047f108a72bc.pngimage.thumb.png.6d20061c4b779456093ad8e49ec38644.png

Looks like a great file where can I find it :D

4 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

In the meantime, the OFC final stage is rotated around, so the Wellington file has a small chance that in some years this can take place at Aloha Stadium or the Rapa Nui stadium that's in the game. Oceanian solidarity ftw

Is that in your first Wellington in OFC file or in the Hawaii file or both?

Edit: I am a bit confused right now. If I want the expanded OFC Champions League, but with Wellington Phoenix and possibly also Hawaii, etc, do I need one file or multiple?

Edited by Jorgen

4 hours ago, kandersson said:

Looks like a great file where can I find it :D

https://www.fmscout.com/a-australia-and-new-zealand-fm23-database.html

This is the original file, I have made a few edits (removed some of the fake feeder teams and added in a few others (e.g. Penrith Nepean, Maitland) and expanded the New Zealand file from 10 teams per league to 16. I'm not going to dispatch of the files with my edits

So cool seeing Krasnoyarsk as one of the three Russian qualifiers in the ACL file and ending up in the East preliminaries, while Zenit and Spartak (or whoever else) play in the West.

Plus I didn't realize the Russian third tier had teams in Vladivostok and Sakhalin (!) of all places. Shouldn't be too much work in the editor to activate it:

Spoiler

spacer.png

Credit sned77 on Reddit

Any appetite for a file where the O-League winner gets a wild-card spot in the AFC Champions League? I've never been one for the occasionally-proposed merger, but it does sort of fit with the idea of OFC as a glorified subconfederation to AFC

Yeah I just saw that the lower tiers were reorganized this season, and then they're planning to change them AGAIN in 2025 as some will go to a calendar-year season instead of Fall-Spring. Maybe too much of a challenge :lol: but Khabarovsk, not far away just in the interior of the Russian Far East, have a team in the second tier (Russian First League). Sounds like a fun project

37 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

Yeah I just saw that the lower tiers were reorganized this season, and then they're planning to change them AGAIN in 2025 as some will go to a calendar-year season instead of Fall-Spring. Maybe too much of a challenge :lol: but Khabarovsk, not far away just in the interior of the Russian Far East, have a team in the second tier (Russian First League). Sounds like a fun project

The calendar year has already taken into affect from the 4th tier down. I felt really confused with how it was working, all I wanted to do was work out how well Chertanovo (who I discovered thanks to FM and follow now) were doing. Was defo better as it was and I don't know why they changed it

I figured Pacific FC vs HFX Wanderers was up there (or the Distance Derby in the A-League), but that blows it out of the water. Normally it's impossible for two teams from the same country to play in the AFC Champions League final as its East vs. West, but you could have those two in the final with the recent changes to my ACL file :lol:

I can see SI are promoting the new formats in FM24 for the Club World Cup and North America (the only place where releasing licensed content the way that it's been announced in real life is worth patting themselves on the back over). That's great news. I'm hoping someone is lurking here and stealing my code, lol, otherwise I can unequivocally state my stuff will run smoother and more bug-free than their first attempts at it. I usually wait until the second or third patch to really get going anyway

1 hour ago, themodelcitizen said:

I'm hoping someone is lurking here and stealing my code, lol, otherwise I can unequivocally state my stuff will run smoother and more bug-free than their first attempts at it. I usually wait until the second or third patch to really get going anyway

No comment :D

Il 13/8/2023 in 10:18 , themodelcitizen ha scritto:

This one just adds Wellington Phoenix to the O-League every season and changes their continental cup nation to their native New Zealand.

DOWNLOAD (backup)

As a result, they should be ineligible for the Asian Champions League but will have a much easier path to the Club World Cup and all of its prize money. Not that it's a fait accompli:

Contenuti nascosti

oleaguenewe.thumb.png.b2faf8105100fafe36f0d066bb4c3ebe.pngwellingtonphoenix2.thumb.png.ed6ce233d2a147886a7be8d1e867f049.png

This might delay the end of the A-League a few days, especially if the Phoenix end up in the elimination final there (they dodged the May 12 clash this time in the first screenshot above).

Could Wellington Phoenix qualify through which criteria?

17 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

I figured Pacific FC vs HFX Wanderers was up there (or the Distance Derby in the A-League), but that blows it out of the water. Normally it's impossible for two teams from the same country to play in the AFC Champions League final as its East vs. West, but you could have those two in the final with the recent changes to my ACL file :lol:

With 1 team fron Kaliningrad and 1 team from Sakhalin, they can be both from outside mainland Russia 😄

Now I'm thinking to put the new Ceuta team and UD Melilla into the African Champions League prelims, from the Spanish cities on the Moroccan coast in the 3rd and 4th tier... Maybe throw in some of the Canary Islands teams like CD Tenerife. Could set it so that if they qualify for Europe, they won't play in CAF. The only problem is, the in-game CAF Champions League starts with a perfect 64 teams and drops down to 16 for the group stage, so we're necessarily either adding a stage or cutting other qualified teams. I'll sleep on this and think some more

On 13/08/2023 at 01:18, themodelcitizen said:

This one just adds Wellington Phoenix to the O-League every season and changes their continental cup nation to their native New Zealand.

DOWNLOAD (backup)

As a result, they should be ineligible for the Asian Champions League but will have a much easier path to the Club World Cup and all of its prize money. Not that it's a fait accompli:

Reveal hidden contents

oleaguenewe.thumb.png.b2faf8105100fafe36f0d066bb4c3ebe.pngwellingtonphoenix2.thumb.png.ed6ce233d2a147886a7be8d1e867f049.png

This might delay the end of the A-League a few days, especially if the Phoenix end up in the elimination final there (they dodged the May 12 clash this time in the first screenshot above).

Should have mentioned, this may be relevant to your interests @alian62 @Cory74 @dirtboy @The Good Rebel @Goughy7 @SA. And for the CONCACAF teams in Libertadores, it's been posted about before by @LeoFreire98 @Bullnak @zangelmi @s_t_g so you may be interested. For Russia in AFC, check it out @NiekMulderij @MGC88

On 11/10/2023 at 05:35, themodelcitizen said:

Hawaii in USL + Hawaiian second nation (required: GRAPHICS) | O-League Expands to Hawaii and Wellington

Weirdly, Hawaii's OCL fixtures don't show up on their own fixture list and their opponents' fixture list has, like, a blank entry. They're still played though. Same thing was happening with Russian clubs in ACL so I think it might be a visual glitch resulting from teams not being in "nation" or "based nation" of that continental tourney? Their "continental cup nation" is in Oceania now at least. I'd consider also changing their "based nation" to Hawaii, just not sure if it will throw off any domestic/foreign roster rules in a custom US db.

Just wanted to let you know that you had it set that the losing team in the prelim stage would qualify for the group

At which point should Wellington Phoenix start in the OFC CL?

In the first season they didn't qualify for the OFC CL.
And another strange thing happened. I am managing Pirae in Tahiti (French Polynesia) I won the OFC play-offs vs another team from Tahiti, but was never allowed to play in the group phase.

I am using both the OFC redux file and the Wellington Phoenix in OFC file. Perhaps that is the problem?

Participation starts in 2024. And yes, it's apparent that running two files that edit the same competition is a bad idea, lol, but I think your issue was down to a missed number somewhere - fixing that now, the first season accidentally had two teams advancing from the prelims instead of 1, so it looks like they were taking a spot. Thanks for the (effective) bug report :brock: sorry about that

Edited by themodelcitizen

Il 13/10/2023 in 16:30 , themodelcitizen ha scritto:

Isn't it? Can't you set squad registration rules that only apply to one team?

I didn't, I only ask for you: can you show me where I can find this set, please?

And how Wellington Phoenix can qualifiy to OFC? 

2 ore fa, themodelcitizen ha scritto:

I think the non-foreign rule will automatically work for them if their "based nation" is set to Russia, why not just test it and find out?

Because I haven't yet FM23 but I'll test ;)

2 ore fa, PaMi 7 ha scritto:

I didn't, I only ask for you: can you show me where I can find this set, please?

And how Wellington Phoenix can qualifiy to OFC? 

???

22 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Participation starts in 2024. And yes, it's apparent that running two files that edit the same competition is a bad idea, lol, but I think your issue was down to a missed number somewhere - fixing that now, the first season accidentally had two teams advancing from the prelims instead of 1, so it looks like they were taking a spot. Thanks for the (effective) bug report :brock: sorry about that

No problem. It wasn't quite clear to me if I needed one or both files.

Will only use one then ;)

Fixing up the CAF prize money, and put Ceuta and Melilla (as long as they're not active in Europe) into the early stages of the African Champions League from 2023 (along with the champions of Mayotte and Réunion). The teams with the lowest division reputations come in one round early now:

Spoiler

bottom8.png.ce35c436ea2b67c85725bddaeb42c078.pngcafcl.thumb.png.79fe841a0489aa8d023e15744b0b6013.pngceutamelilla.thumb.png.090677e166c55d2b50af92dfbe9323eb.png

Like with the Russian teams in AFC, these CL games don't actually show up in Ceuta or Melilla's fixture list, but they're played.

DOWNLOAD (backup)

Between this and my other continental files, I think we've got every country sending a team to a CL somewhere, i.e. every club from every country has a path to the CWC. Or am I missing any random CAF or OFC associate members?

• CAF - CL adds Mayotte and Réunion
  • AFC - CL adds Russia
  • OFC - CL adds Wellington, and teams from Tuvalu, Micronesia, Kiribati, and Wallis/Futuna
  • CONCACAF - Caribbean Club Shield expands to include teams from every CFU country, along with Saint Barts and Saint Pierre

Expanding the football world one tournament at a time!

Edited by themodelcitizen

The Wellington file has the associate members (and Wallis) as of last night, previously it was just in another OFC cleanup file I had on Steam. Don't think I added them to the Hawaii file but you'd have to check. IIRC it's just a matter of copying and pasting from a file that has them to one that doesn't - specifically the ranking level info for the overall competition, the "qualified teams" page, and the preliminary stage itself. Everything else can adjust. 

Was looking at Rapa Nui, at the moment they'd be way too underpowered for any playable Chilean league, open to ideas though. If you want to make a fantasy file where they have a roster and are buffed a bit I can put them in the O-League alongside Hawaii (maybe we expand to 24 teams at that point and drop the prelims)

If you're looking for extra nations, possibly for a fantasy file and want to include everything there possibly is, you could look to dependencies and partly recognized nations. Like Niue, Galapagos, Pitcairn, Abkhazia; the unclaimed Bir Tawil; the Holy See; the The Hospitaller Order of Saint John of Jerusalem, of Rhodes, and of Malta; Greenland, Jersey, Tristan da Cunha, Norfolk Island, Sapmi, Kurdistan, Karelia, Mordovia, Aland, etc. Note: some of them might be politically very sensitive.

Sounds doable with the extinct nations. I scratched that itch with my Island Games stuff so it doesn't really interest me, but you could totally look at that file as a rough guide on how to add new nations like that.

Bir Tawil? You gonna move there and claim a new country? Sounds like it needs a short story written alongside the file to explain who's actually living and playing there :lol:

5 hours ago, Jorgen said:

If you're looking for extra nations, possibly for a fantasy file and want to include everything there possibly is, you could look to dependencies and partly recognized nations. Like Niue, Galapagos, Pitcairn, Abkhazia; the unclaimed Bir Tawil; the Holy See; the The Hospitaller Order of Saint John of Jerusalem, of Rhodes, and of Malta; Greenland, Jersey, Tristan da Cunha, Norfolk Island, Sapmi, Kurdistan, Karelia, Mordovia, Aland, etc. Note: some of them might be politically very sensitive.

Would Crimea (which I believe is in the FM23 Database) be able to fit on that front? Or is there some other thing my dumbass is missing

7 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Was looking at Rapa Nui, at the moment they'd be way too underpowered for any playable Chilean league, open to ideas though. If you want to make a fantasy file where they have a roster and are buffed a bit I can put them in the O-League alongside Hawaii (maybe we expand to 24 teams at that point and drop the prelims)

I do have a lower league file for Chile going to level 4, (I love to stick a ton of dbs in my games), but would they be good enough for that? Although it defo isn't a very detailed file like the ones you create

Edited by Vakama2619

29 minutes ago, Vakama2619 said:

Would Crimea (which I believe is in the FM23 Database) be able to fit on that front? Or is there some other thing my dumbass is missing

I think every nation, (semi) autonomous region and dependency can fit any fantasy database as long as people understand that it is just fantasy and not a political view.

52 minutes ago, Jorgen said:

I think every nation, (semi) autonomous region and dependency can fit any fantasy database as long as people understand that it is just fantasy and not a political view.

100% agreed, I'm also curious what will the database be like in FM24 regarding Sevastopol and Rubin Yalta playing in the Russian league. Controversial but could make for some good editing possibilities 

I think Crimea have some weird hard-coding (at least in FM23), not sure they can be repurposed properly. You can't click on them at all IIRC. So weird, not sure their "league" that FM put in as a compromise has even been played in a few years. I'd like to see those two teams in the Russian leagues just for accuracy if nothing else. I guess they could compromise with "based nation" in Crimea but who knows what that would do for newgens

3 hours ago, Vakama2619 said:

I do have a lower league file for Chile going to level 4, (I love to stick a ton of dbs in my games), but would they be good enough for that? Although it defo isn't a very detailed file like the ones you create

Scratch that thought, I don't own the file and the chances of me getting permission I feel would be pretty slim, particularly given a lot of creators post their files and go MIA

Had to try Welnix in OFC before FM24 :D

OFCChampionsLeague_Stages.thumb.png.aa5cc62f8cc69ec146503d1ad622adff.png

Having lots of fun with this save managing Phoenix and NZ (including U23 and U20) and buying/developing local youngsters. Keegan Kelly is NZ version of Lorenzo Lucca (corner exploit ftw).

KeeganKelly_Profile.thumb.png.20db7e7209c2ff58fc9e635bf6d77d8f.png

26 minutes ago, kandersson said:

Had to try Welnix in OFC before FM24 :D

OFCChampionsLeague_Stages.thumb.png.aa5cc62f8cc69ec146503d1ad622adff.png

Having lots of fun with this save managing Phoenix and NZ (including U23 and U20) and buying/developing local youngsters. Keegan Kelly is NZ version of Lorenzo Lucca (corner exploit ftw).

KeeganKelly_Profile.thumb.png.20db7e7209c2ff58fc9e635bf6d77d8f.png

When I start my saves (likely will continue the Ippy one into FM24) remind me to look at signing this guy

That looks brilliant. The groups are probably a bit easy for Phoenix but it's better than coming straight in at the knockouts I think. San Diego-->Hawaii is a fun idea because it's an instant rival at a roughly similar level

Love the joint club/country saves like that, I used to get a kick out of Bermuda in the US fourth division along with their national team (Island Games ftw). Same with Puerto Rico + Puerto Rico FC, or Toronto FC and Canada U20s, etc. Just have to ignore the temptation to call up all of your rivals' players for meaningless friendlies just to weaken them when they overlap with big games :lol:

6 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

That looks brilliant. The groups are probably a bit easy for Phoenix but it's better than coming straight in at the knockouts I think. San Diego-->Hawaii is a fun idea because it's an instant rival at a roughly similar level

Love the joint club/country saves like that, I used to get a kick out of Bermuda in the US fourth division along with their national team (Island Games ftw). Same with Puerto Rico + Puerto Rico FC, or Toronto FC and Canada U20s, etc. Just have to ignore the temptation to call up all of your rivals' players for meaningless friendlies just to weaken them when they overlap with big games :lol:

A-League is not much tougher esp after first year (AI struggles with all the roster rules). Phoenix/NZ are great for developing youngsters for both club and country. Usual pathway for best prospects is: OFC U19 Championship, U20 World Cup, U23 Pacific Games, U23 Olympic Qualifiers while also playing for Phoenix Reserves in NZ league. This gives them lots of playing time at decent level at 16-18 and massively helps their development. Top prospects like Keegan Kelly go straight to first team :D

@Vakama2619 tbh he scores a lot (too much) from corners though his physical attributes alone make him one of the best strikers in A-league! Is he in your save? Found him at Western Springs as I was looking for a striker for U19 OFC Championship and looked good for his age - immediately signed him at the club on a scholarship contract! He has since developed better than I expected and made him first choice in second season, his numbers are crazy and I love to inflate them against tiny teams in Australian Cup or OFC (CL and international qualifiers) :D. I'm sure he could break every goal scoring record at both club and international level

Edited by kandersson

10 hours ago, kandersson said:

A-League is not much tougher esp after first year (AI struggles with all the roster rules). Phoenix/NZ are great for developing youngsters for both club and country. Usual pathway for best prospects is: OFC U19 Championship, U20 World Cup, U23 Pacific Games, U23 Olympic Qualifiers while also playing for Phoenix Reserves in NZ league. This gives them lots of playing time at decent level at 16-18 and massively helps their development. Top prospects like Keegan Kelly go straight to first team :D

@Vakama2619 tbh he scores a lot (too much) from corners though his physical attributes alone make him one of the best strikers in A-league! Is he in your save? Found him at Western Springs as I was looking for a striker for U19 OFC Championship and looked good for his age - immediately signed him at the club on a scholarship contract! He has since developed better than I expected and made him first choice in second season, his numbers are crazy and I love to inflate them against tiny teams in Australian Cup or OFC (CL and international qualifiers) :D. I'm sure he could break every goal scoring record at both club and international level

So you can manage the Wellington reserves? Of you send send them from your 1st team to the reserves and then they automaticly play in the NZ league?

4 minutes ago, Jorgen said:

So you can manage the Wellington reserves? Of you send send them from your 1st team to the reserves and then they automaticly play in the NZ league?

Yeah you can manage the Reserve team if you fire/don't hire their manager and take over staff responsibility :D I don't actually manage them directly (I already manage first team + national team including U23, U20 and U19 in major tournaments!) but I make sure the manager uses my tactics and I pick the first eleven so my best prospects get the desired playing time. I'm using a custom NZ file so it's an active league (using Timo's file as most of the others I've tested had weird issues with Phoenix reserve btw if TMC wants a new challenge for FM 24 I suggest the incredibly complicated NZ structure :lol:)

18 hours ago, kandersson said:

Yeah you can manage the Reserve team if you fire/don't hire their manager and take over staff responsibility :D I don't actually manage them directly (I already manage first team + national team including U23, U20 and U19 in major tournaments!) but I make sure the manager uses my tactics and I pick the first eleven so my best prospects get the desired playing time. I'm using a custom NZ file so it's an active league (using Timo's file as most of the others I've tested had weird issues with Phoenix reserve btw if TMC wants a new challenge for FM 24 I suggest the incredibly complicated NZ structure :lol:)

Guess there aren't many team where the first and second teams play in different nations. Would make a nice savegame to be champions in both nations.

Both Phoenix and their reserves can't qualify for the OFC CL, normally. Would be awesome if they both did (I know TMC already made the first team play in the OFC). Or that you could win the AFC CL with the 1st team and the OFC CL with the 2nd team and then play the CWC final with both teams 😎