[FM23.4] TMC Megapack (incl. Russian clubs in AFC Champions League)

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 18/10/2023 at 19:08, Vakama2619 said:

Scratch that thought, I don't own the file and the chances of me getting permission I feel would be pretty slim, particularly given a lot of creators post their files and go MIA

We should just move a Chilean 2nd or 3rd tier team (and their full time players) to Rapa Nui. I wonder if any active teams in FM23 went bust or anything, they'd be an ideal candidate 

Edited by themodelcitizen

10 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

We should just move a Chilean 2nd or 3rd tier team (and their full time players) to Rapa Nui. I wonder if any active teams in FM23 went bust or anything, they'd be an ideal candidate 

I actually had a go at creating a lower league file myself using the 5th tier, stuck Rapa Nui into T4 with a bunch of random players added to them, when I feel it is finished will defo send it here

Edited by Vakama2619

On 21/10/2023 at 06:21, themodelcitizen said:

Gonna change my mind again and say this might be a better idea, noticed Rapa Nui's players just kept leaving in mine and they ended up going winless in the 4th tier in season 3, perhaps just remove one of the relegated teams as I don't think anyone dissolved. I did notice there was also restructuring of the leagues, both my modded db and the on I had beforehand did not show this, FM might have it tho

Edited by Vakama2619

I guess any Arab countries will have the Arab Club Cup each summer, otherwise I haven't added any regional-only cups. Was tempted to add the Kagame Inter-Club Cup but it hasn't been played in a little while.

The AFL draws the highest rep clubs from a bunch of top nations semi-randomly

I am tempted to add tournaments that were planned (and in some cases, even scheduled with prize money announced), as there was an intention to have them on the calendar and you have to feel that if real-life problems like scheduling, flights, and visas weren't an issue (which they aren't in FM-world... mostly), then they would have gone ahead.

They also have the advantage of giving smaller teams the odd win, so that when they play bigger teams in the CL their morale isn't rock-bottom from just continually taking heavy beatings (assuming you don't have their domestic league loaded).

Kagame is just held as a one-off over a a couple of weeks in a neutral venue, mind you. And I think the ASEAN club cup, which keeps getting delayed one year, was to run throughout the year with teams not otherwise qualified for ACL. That's still good for spreading some prize money around the various countries and giving more players actual games in active competitions to scout.

Here's an expanded version of the Russian clubs--->AFC file that also includes the ASEAN Club Championship, as if it started this fall (2023) like the original plan.

I've gone with the 3 foreigners rule + 1 Asian + unlimited Southeast Asians, which was also talked about, thanks to the available editor options.

Re: the "except Southeast Asian" option, it's awesome to have but might preclude us from considering inviting teams in some years, like from Australia, East Bengal, East Timor, and PNG.

Spoiler

asean.thumb.png.a7d1089c5e3803408e7be212ed6c4447.pngasean1.thumb.png.976d58130067bd0067f9988a6337ed42.png

28 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

Here's an expanded version of the Russian clubs--->AFC file that also includes the ASEAN Club Championship, as if it started this fall (2023) like the original plan.

I've gone with the 3 foreigners rule + 1 Asian + unlimited Southeast Asians, which was also talked about, thanks to the available editor options.

Re: the "except Southeast Asian" option, it's awesome to have but might preclude us from considering inviting teams in some years, like from Australia, East Bengal, East Timor, and PNG.

Hide contents

asean.thumb.png.a7d1089c5e3803408e7be212ed6c4447.pngasean1.thumb.png.976d58130067bd0067f9988a6337ed42.png

Looking good mate

15 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

Cheers, I noticed one little date issue and uploaded the newest one 10 minutes ago, just re-download if you were the 1 person who grabbed it before then :lol:

Yeah that was me, thanks for the heads up

TMC Arab and African Club Cups. That's why I kept the same file name just with EXPANDED. Same file that has the Arab Champions Cup, African Football (Super) League, etc. (it was easier to edit this way when I had them as a base for quick reference to dates, formats etc)

Had another go with the Rapa Nui thing and just stuck them into the third tier (unplayable) and increased their rep to the highest in the league and made them professional. They assembled a team of free transfers while in the unplayable division and were promoted in the first season, last I checked were top of the second tier. Might've made the rep too high

Edited by Vakama2619

Maybe also try copying and pasting the "finances" from teams at a similar level, so they keep a similar budget. That's partly why I did the San Diego thing (also just being lazy), they already function as a second tier club, just changed up the name/stadium/city/logos

6 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

Maybe also try copying and pasting the "finances" from teams at a similar level, so they keep a similar budget. That's partly why I did the San Diego thing (also just being lazy), they already function as a second tier club, just changed up the name/stadium/city/logos

Will add a bit of money and also increase the facilities a tiny bit. However I probably won't touch the stadium capacity

@themodelcitizen You sir, are awesome! I would prefer a version of the real cups without the Russia move, But in the end, that is up to you ofcourse.

Do you happen to know if there exists something like an Indian Ocean Champions League? There are the Indian Ocean Island Games ofcourse, but afaik that is only for nations, not clubs.

Edited by Jorgen

Here, I just changed the "start year" of the version with Russian teams so it doesn't start, and changed the "end year" of the default ACL (well, touched up with real sub rules and prize money) so it keeps going with no Russia: download. You can run this without any of my "Russian clubs in..." files, otherwise it's fully compatible with all my work and anything else that doesn't touch the AFC Champions League.

16 minutes ago, Jorgen said:

Do you happen to know if there exists something like an Indian Ocean Champions League? There are the Indian Ocean Island Games ofcourse, but afaik that is only for nations, not clubs.

I don't think there are club tourneys like that for the Indian Ocean, although they have them in handball so maybe something to model after. You'd think COSAFA would do something as well, but I guess the big South African teams have regular Champs League (and now AFL) already so South Africa doesn't need to host and pay for everything like usual.

Have you seen the Ligue Antilles in my CONCACAF file? Similar idea for the French Overseas Regions in the Caribbean. I just saw last night there's the Czech-Slovak Super Cup already in the DB, you can see it under "game detail"/"intercontinental", it must be set to appear under each country instead of "Europe" though. Love little two-country Super Cups like that (except the Campeones Cup for some reason), they should have in more places

14 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

TMC Arab and African Club Cups. That's why I kept the same file name just with EXPANDED. Same file that has the Arab Champions Cup, African Football (Super) League, etc. (it was easier to edit this way when I had them as a base for quick reference to dates, formats etc)

@Vakama2619 and actually I just added them to the main files now (without "EXPANDED" at the end), both of those files have a bit of speculation involved with future versions so why not include these changes. Easier to deal with without all these DBs clogging up your folder. You can delete the EXPANDED ones and just keep "Arab and African Club Cups" and "Russian Clubs in Asian Champions League" if you've got the latest versions off Steam or Mediafire.

50 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

Here, I just changed the "start year" of the version with Russian teams so it doesn't start, and changed the "end year" of the default ACL (well, touched up with real sub rules and prize money) so it keeps going with no Russia: download. You can run this without any of my "Russian clubs in..." files, otherwise it's fully compatible with all my work and anything else that doesn't touch the AFC Champions League.

I don't think there are club tourneys like that for the Indian Ocean, although they have them in handball so maybe something to model after. You'd think COSAFA would do something as well, but I guess the big South African teams have regular Champs League (and now AFL) already so South Africa doesn't need to host and pay for everything like usual.

Have you seen the Ligue Antilles in my CONCACAF file? Similar idea for the French Overseas Regions in the Caribbean. I just saw last night there's the Czech-Slovak Super Cup already in the DB, you can see it under "game detail"/"intercontinental", it must be set to appear under each country instead of "Europe" though. Love little two-country Super Cups like that (except the Campeones Cup for some reason), they should have in more places

Thanks TMC!! 

Yeah I knew about the Czech-Slovak one. It replaced a normal national supercup if I remember correctly.

I did find the ABCS tournament, but where is de Ligue Antilles? Can't see it under N-A and neighter under World.  I've loaded the right files afaik.

Those little 2-coutry-cups are nice indeed. Just like the Egypt-Saudi one.

There are so many regional, international, continental en intercontinental cups that are very interesting. It's like a completionist dream (or nightmare if your team isn't good enough to win it ) Like the IIGA Island Games for example https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Island_Games_Association; Though the one it is for nations, in FM I think it is easily done for club teams too. Would be great to compete with teams from Aland, Gozo, Faeroer and Gibraltar (which is the only non-island competing). Or the ODEBO Bolivarian Games for example. or football at the ODESUR South American games where Panama, Surinam, Aruba, Curacao and Guyana are competing with the 10 Conmebol nations. The Mekong Cup and the now defunct A3 Champions Cup. etc etc

On 22/10/2023 at 17:26, themodelcitizen said:

I guess any Arab countries will have the Arab Club Cup each summer, otherwise I haven't added any regional-only cups. Was tempted to add the Kagame Inter-Club Cup but it hasn't been played in a little while.

The AFL draws the highest rep clubs from a bunch of top nations semi-randomly

Already gonna do the Arab ones with Saudi-Arabia, as they will play in the Gulf Club Cup too.

23 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

I am tempted to add tournaments that were planned (and in some cases, even scheduled with prize money announced), as there was an intention to have them on the calendar and you have to feel that if real-life problems like scheduling, flights, and visas weren't an issue (which they aren't in FM-world... mostly), then they would have gone ahead.

They also have the advantage of giving smaller teams the odd win, so that when they play bigger teams in the CL their morale isn't rock-bottom from just continually taking heavy beatings (assuming you don't have their domestic league loaded).

Kagame is just held as a one-off over a a couple of weeks in a neutral venue, mind you. And I think the ASEAN club cup, which keeps getting delayed one year, was to run throughout the year with teams not otherwise qualified for ACL. That's still good for spreading some prize money around the various countries and giving more players actual games in active competitions to scout.

Can understand the temptation. If some cups are withdrawn due to covid, wars or other important things, they might continue afterwards again.

There should be cups for teams for San Andrés, Providencia and Santa Catalina; Tristan da Cunha, The Kerguelen, Spitsbergen, Texel, Chagos Archipelago, Fernando de Noronha, Tortuga, etc. 🤣

Edited by Jorgen

4 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Island Games and South American Games are covered in my files

Found the South American games. Could you tell me how the nations qualify?

Couldn't find the Island Games. My suggestion was meant for a club version instead of a nation version though.

Island Games are still linked in the OP, it also has the Skipton Cup between Guernsey FC and Isle of Man which goes perfectly with lionel messi's England level 10 database here. Many of the clubs you're thinking of would have varying levels of involvement with their Island Games team, so a club tournament is unlikely, but an interesting thought experiment for sure.

Keep in mind, that file is incompatible with a few of my DBs (all the info is there), so maybe not consistent with your 300+ group of active databases :D

I think for the South American games I made it semi-random based on who has been involved the most, plus a slim chance of the "North American" teams in ODESUR like Panama and Aruba getting in. I'd guess CONMEBOL runs the football tournament there so that might not actually happen IRL unless they hosted.

20 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

Island Games are still linked in the OP, it also has the Skipton Cup between Guernsey FC and Isle of Man which goes perfectly with lionel messi's England level 10 database here. Many of the clubs you're thinking of would have varying levels of involvement with their Island Games team, so a club tournament is unlikely, but an interesting thought experiment for sure.

Keep in mind, that file is incompatible with a few of my DBs (all the info is there), so maybe not consistent with your 300+ group of active databases :D

I think for the South American games I made it semi-random based on who has been involved the most, plus a slim chance of the "North American" teams in ODESUR like Panama and Aruba getting in. I'd guess CONMEBOL runs the football tournament there so that might not actually happen IRL unless they hosted.

Atm it is only about 125 files or so 🤣

But as it might be incompatible with some of yours/mine files it probably is the reason that I didn't use it. Yeah, sometimes the thought experiments are fun too.

Thanks for expalning!

1 hour ago, themodelcitizen said:

BTW @Vakama2619 guessing you've been loading everyone from Oceania when you do a NZ game? It shouldn't be so many people that it slows you down, but might help a tiny bit with making the O-League (and internationals) a bit more competitive?

I was initially going to do just a Hawaii save but I might make it a journeyman of sorts, focusing on your edits

16 minutes ago, Vakama2619 said:

I was initially going to do just a Hawaii save but I might make it a journeyman of sorts, focusing on your edits

I just started one in August 2022 (Qatar preseason), and noticed the Senegal U20 job was available ahead of the WAFU Zone A U20s. To make sure my opponents aren't using greyed out players, I restarted and included all West African players in my starting setup, now it's close to 90,000+ people but still seems to run fine.

Will give that a go and start the international journeyman save as well... hopefully graduate to a job at one of the senior tournaments, like the Gulf Cup, COSAFA Cup, OFC Nations or something like that. Or a Middle East club job to make some cash in the interim, lol, I made sure my Gulf leagues are all in there

4 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

I just started one in August 2022 (Qatar preseason), and noticed the Senegal U20 job was available ahead of the WAFU Zone A U20s. To make sure my opponents aren't using greyed out players, I restarted and included all West African players in my starting setup, now it's close to 90,000+ people but still seems to run fine.

Will give that a go and start the international journeyman save as well... hopefully graduate to a job at one of the senior tournaments, like the Gulf Cup, COSAFA Cup, OFC Nations or something like that. Or a Middle East club job to make some cash in the interim, lol, I made sure my Gulf leagues are all in there

Was gonna start it after the hawaii release but this adds more to it

• themodelcitizen changed the title to [FM23.4] TMC Megapack (incl. Russian clubs in AFC Champions League)

Hi. I was editing your Wellington file (the one that includes the 4 lower nations in the comp) to include Rapa Nui, I created an extra qualifying round and tried to relegate a team that qualified from Vanuatu and Tahiti to the Preliminary Rounds. However, the first round and quarter final are played properly before the semi final just gives every team a bye, the final isn't played either and the group stage just starts with the NZ Team and Hawaii + the teams from the higher ranked leagues that qualify in the original version. Even if a team from Vanuatu or Tahiti loses in qualifying they still appear. However it's currently just assigning them to the group and giving some of lower ranked Nations a second team in qualifying. I've likely missed something to do with seeding or rankings and I don't know what. Do you mind having a look because idk what I've messed up. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I have merged it with a Australia/New Zealand and Micronesian database as well

TMC Wellington Phoenix in O-League.fmf

Just looking now. BTW, save the file under a different name if you post an edited version like that ;)

What's with the team pool? It looks like it will just take Wellington every year? Are you trying to account for them already qualifying (from your custom DB) and being in that first list of 18 teams?

Anyway you'd have to go to the bottom of the competition settings under "ranking rules"/"ranking level info" and add another ranking (should be 9) for the 2 teams ("no. of teams" set to 2 obviously) for the two teams losing in your new pre-prelim round. Set the "sub-stage name" accordingly.

In the first cup stage, scrap your entries with Tahiti/Vanuatu because we'll cover this in "qualified teams" (below), we can just rely on the existing entry with "seeding of qualified teams" already set to "2". To get the worst teams at the top, "sort" by division reputation but with "reverse teams" checked (more on that below).

For those Vanuatu and Tahiti teams in "qualified teams" itself, add an entry for "get qualified teams for comp" at the top, with "nation" set to Vanuatu. "Sort" by "last position". Set "maximum teams" to 1. Give it the seeding 0. Then repeat the entry, but with seeding set to 2. This way, the league winner should get seeding 0, and the league runner-up should get seeding 2. Do this with Tahiti too.

To make the teams at the top of the teams list (in the stage itself) come in first, I use stage/general/"reverse teams" checked, then under "team list changes" I add an entry with the start index and end index reflecting the overall amount of teams (so, 0 to 9 for ten teams in this stage). "Reverse teams" is checked here as well (but not "randomize teams").

Anyway, the pre-prelim should have the loser getting the ranking 9, right? You've got it at 10, did you mean to add a ranking somewhere like with a third place game and then just not update it in the overall competition "ranking levels" too?

Also it's not gonna test properly as long as you've got that entry for "get last winner" with the Micronesian Cup, because there is no "last winner" yet (blank history). So if it does verify, it's pulling an extra team somewhere (or reusing one from the prelims)

28 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

Just looking now. BTW, save the file under a different name if you post an edited version like that ;)

What's with the team pool? It looks like it will just take Wellington every year? Are you trying to account for them already qualifying (from your custom DB) and being in that first list of 18 teams?

Anyway you'd have to go to the bottom of the competition settings under "ranking rules"/"ranking level info" and add another ranking (should be 9) for the 2 teams ("no. of teams" set to 2 obviously) for the two teams losing in your new pre-prelim round. Set the "sub-stage name" accordingly.

In the first cup stage, we want the pre-prelim to contain the new teams you've added (Hawaii and Rapa Nui), right? You've given them the seeding 3 in "qualified teams" but you have to use that somewhere - in the first cup stage, under "teams", put a new entry at the top, you can just duplicate the one for teams that has "seeding of qualified teams" already set to 2 and make it 3 (put this one at the top - more on that later).

For those Vanuatu and Tahiti teams, this will be cleaner than what you're doing now - in "qualified teams" itself, add an entry for "get qualified teams for comp" at the top, with "nation" set to Vanuatu. "Sort" by "last position". Set "maximum teams" to 1. Give it the seeding 0. Then repeat the entry, but with seeding set to 3. This way, the league winner should get seeding 0, and the league runner-up should get seeding 3 (same as you've given Hawaii). Do this with Tahiti too. This should be fine because the next entry "get qualified teams" which will get the rest of the default countries has "maximum teams in overall list" set to 18 so it can accommodate what you're doing here. (EDIT: edited this paragraph when I remembered their league winners come in at the groups by default, not prelims)

This is a separate thing but to make the teams at the top of the teams list (in the stage itself) come in first, I use stage/general/"reverse teams" checked, then under "team list changes" I add an entry with the start index and end index reflecting the overall amount of teams (so here, 0 to 9 for ten teams in this stage). "Reverse teams" is checked here as well (but not "randomize teams").

Back to the teams list in the stage itself. You can scrap your existing entry trying to get the specific Vanuatu/Tahiti teams because we've covered this in "qualified teams". It should be enough to just get "get qualified teams for comp" with "seeding of qualified teams" set to 3, and then the existing entry with the same but set to 2.

Anyway the pre-prelim should have the loser getting the ranking 9, right? You've got it to 10, did you mean to add a ranking somewhere like with a third place game and then just not update it in the overall competition "ranking levels" too?

Sorry if this is a lot, lol, I figure it will help a lot more to actually explain it

Thanks for all the advice, little stressed out from something outside of FM currently, will defo take a look at a later point in time tho

1 hour ago, themodelcitizen said:

You should get in to the 24-team group version that starts in 2024 if you won the CL. Or has it drawn without you? Maybe I took that out when I made the groups more regional 

I guess it has another starting date, so it hadn't displayed the qualified teams yet.

In the end I did qualify, so it worked out 😊

image.thumb.png.027508f2662c394c1510943f854c8a06.png

Fifa Club World Cup has been drawn too. First match vs Wellington Phoenix 😊😊

image.thumb.png.47870e71e7be9ca0706cde4ef3311165.png

Wellington is the new Auckland

image.png.15b05e1fa87c79815c975d95171b8a9b.png

Edited by Jorgen

Definitely. If it's going to be a monopoly it might as well be a pro team! Do you have Australia active too?

I just won the WAFU Zone B U20s with Gambia, glorious win over rivals Senegal in the final. The problem is, they won't have a competitive game for another year or two, so I resigned and it's still only October 2022. Just need to wait for a club job to open up...

21 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Also it's not gonna test properly as long as you've got that entry for "get last winner" with the Micronesian Cup, because there is no "last winner" yet (blank history). So if it does verify, it's pulling an extra team somewhere (or reusing one from the prelims)

They don't enter until 2024, when it ticks over the Micronesia Cup has a winner, I noticed International A were the last winners of the competition and qualified for the OFC CL

1 hour ago, Vakama2619 said:

They don't enter until 2024, when it ticks over the Micronesia Cup has a winner, I noticed International A were the last winners of the competition and qualified for the OFC CL

Ohhh yeah I forgot that cup was in the same file so it should verify

58 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

Ohhh yeah I forgot that cup was in the same file so it should verify

Yeah I merged it with a file, thats why I had the team pool because the 5 teams there are the clubs in the Aussie DB, although I have changed it back to giving the cup winner a third spot

5 minutes ago, Vakama2619 said:

Yeah I merged it with a file, thats why I had the team pool because the 5 teams there are the clubs in the Aussie DB, although I have changed it back to giving the cup winner a third spot

Ohhh ok. I don't know how the team gets those default qualified teams (which I've capped at 18 because sometimes it would randomly find a third NZ team to make 19 instead of using my next entry, which is Wellington)

On 25/10/2023 at 13:02, themodelcitizen said:

In the first cup stage, scrap your entries with Tahiti/Vanuatu because we'll cover this in "qualified teams" (below), we can just rely on the existing entry with "seeding of qualified teams" already set to "2". To get the worst teams at the top, "sort" by division reputation but with "reverse teams" checked (more on that below).

For those Vanuatu and Tahiti teams in "qualified teams" itself, add an entry for "get qualified teams for comp" at the top, with "nation" set to Vanuatu. "Sort" by "last position". Set "maximum teams" to 1. Give it the seeding 0. Then repeat the entry, but with seeding set to 2. This way, the league winner should get seeding 0, and the league runner-up should get seeding 2. Do this with Tahiti too.

To make the teams at the top of the teams list (in the stage itself) come in first, I use stage/general/"reverse teams" checked, then under "team list changes" I add an entry with the start index and end index reflecting the overall amount of teams (so, 0 to 9 for ten teams in this stage). "Reverse teams" is checked here as well (but not "randomize teams").

Anyway, the pre-prelim should have the loser getting the ranking 9, right? You've got it at 10, did you mean to add a ranking somewhere like with a third place game and then just not update it in the overall competition "ranking levels" too?

This hasn't worked straight away, however after a quick browse I noticed the next round for winning teams is likely why there was a bye in the semi final because I added a new round which took round 0, the quarter final that had round 1 was still set to next round for winners as 1, will fix that and run another test