[FM23] All USA Pro Leagues w/ NCAA (NO PRO/REL) {UPDATE FOR 23.4}

3 hours ago, dino88 said:

hi mate, thanks so much. to confirm this is 99% accurate structure other than the USL1 league?

NCAA is correct structure?

I wouldn't call it 99% accurate, but I'd call it semi-realistic.

Like I mentioned in my post, NCAA is mostly unchanged from Palk and owncredible's FM22 file which is also based off of Uncle Sam's FM21 file so I do not know if it is still an accurate structure but all I know is that it works.

1 hour ago, dino88 said:

Thank you. Sorry to ask, what is non-realistic? I just want to be aware when I use it. 

The lack of registration rules in league below MLS, certain defunct teams being readded to NISA to bolster the numbers, the playoff system in the bottom 3 leagues, and future transfers of less than a dozen real (non-noteworthy) players to various expansion teams that I was going to revert for this released file but did not find the time to.

1 hour ago, Fmfan00 said:

i can add them but is it just basic stuff you guys want or what specific... also which file above should i me putting it into?

I would assume the first (GUMUSAE1.0) as the other is just a modified Canadian Megapatch in order for them to be compatible.

i can add them but is it just basic stuff you guys want or what specific... also which file above should i me putting it into?

Is it possible to look into why Nashville is doing what it's doing as per my image slightly above?

I just want to be able to manage the academy teams and work my way up through the league but also manage in the ncaa all the files available on have either ncaa or academy manageable none have both

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • SI Staff

The Superdraft is only making 18 selections too.  Not sure what has happened with MLS in the file, which is a shame. I'm looking for a US expansion file, and can't seem to find a clean one to play (MLS untouched, just activating the leagues for the D2/D3 leagues).

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/04/2023 at 16:38, Aljarov said:

The Superdraft is only making 18 selections too.  Not sure what has happened with MLS in the file, which is a shame. I'm looking for a US expansion file, and can't seem to find a clean one to play (MLS untouched, just activating the leagues for the D2/D3 leagues).

I thought MLS has been broken for years

On 23/04/2023 at 16:38, Aljarov said:

For what it's worth, I'm running holiday tests using this file (the only change I made so far has been adding playable MLS Next academy leagues) and, while the 2023 draft only made 19 selections, the 2024 draft has made 31. I'll see what future years produce but I suspect that this may come down to MLS teams starting their "actually everyone here sucks, we're done" phase earlier than reality.

I'm also getting the Nashville bug, but I have a hunch about what's causing it that I'll try and investigate - I think it's related to their affiliation with their B team.

edit: yes, Nashville were accidentally flagged as the B team in their relationship with Huntsville, I've fixed that and will restart my test

If I can resolve both of these I'll share my updated file with this thread.

Edited by Dallan

All right, looks like both issues are resolved. I THINK what was happening was that Nashville being set as a B team somehow disabled them choosing in the draft, so whenever their pick came up (which could be anywhere, depending on where they finished and what thhey traded away) the game would just throw up its hands and end the draft.

I hope OP doesn't mind my sharing a fixed version here, but if they do when they come back just let me know and I'll remove it. In the meantime, I'd hate to see their work go to waste for a tiny error so here we go:

Edited by Dallan
fille removed, use below version instead

Thanks to @Aljarov for spotting additional bugs relating to missing MLS Next Pro affiliations with their related academies, and to starting as an MLS Next Pro team  (this one is my fault for removing a duplicate DB entry that turned out to be load-bearing). The attached version should fix them.

GUM USAE + MLSN.fmf

Edited by Dallan

Everything from the OP is still true of my version except that MLS Next has been added and a few bugs have been fixed.

And even there it is not 100% accurate (in particular the playoff format does not match reality, and I'm sure there are teams in the wrong divisions, independent teams that are not present and should be or are present and should not be). That said I don't think we're exactly starved for choice among even vaguely realistic US databases this year.

Edited by Dallan

4 hours ago, dino88 said:

Really? I haven't seen a single file with new playoff rules + NCAA. 

Dude, seriously. The American pyramid is one of the harder files to make due to a degree of hard coding regarding expansion sides and the drafts. Yeah, the draft setup may be a bit more relaxed this year given that the Canadian Premier League also has a draft, but creating a file that covers all the rules and having to add all the NCAA teams will take time.

A lot of people on here have social lives and jobs that take up a lot of time. If you want a file that covers the new playoff rule AND has NCAA, you will just have to be patient. NCAA I alone has around 218 teams that will require adding to the database and, given the number of conferences, that only serves to increase the number of errors that can get thrown up, especially when playoffs are concerned.

1 hour ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Dude, seriously. The American pyramid is one of the harder files to make due to a degree of hard coding regarding expansion sides and the drafts. Yeah, the draft setup may be a bit more relaxed this year given that the Canadian Premier League also has a draft, but creating a file that covers all the rules and having to add all the NCAA teams will take time.

A lot of people on here have social lives and jobs that take up a lot of time. If you want a file that covers the new playoff rule AND has NCAA, you will just have to be patient. NCAA I alone has around 218 teams that will require adding to the database and, given the number of conferences, that only serves to increase the number of errors that can get thrown up, especially when playoffs are concerned.

Who said I'm not patient? lol. Not sure what you're on about. 

I'm just responding to the previous message about there being an abundance of US files. 

17 minutes ago, dino88 said:

Who said I'm not patient? lol. Not sure what you're on about. 

I'm just responding to the previous message about there being an abundance of US files. 

There is something like 7 US files in the first 3 pages. Yes, some are fantasy or semi-realistic, but I have already mentioned the issues regarding US files. I had to take a break from creating mine because of some of those issues.

That is actually my mistake, I meant to say "blessed for choice" because @dino88 is correct, there aren't many US databases this year that are even semi-realistic (that is the entire reason I am here fixing this one, because I would actually like to play this year and this is the closest file to what I wanted), and @EnigMattic1 is also correct, that is because it is a TON of work, getting it right requires skill with the advanced editor that very few people have, almost nobody with the skill has the time, and aiming for additional realism makes that part even worse.

Sorry for causing that little argument accidentally!

Also one more bugfix thanks to @Aljarov: this upload should fix the double history entries that were occurring for MLS Cup winners post 2025.

GUM USAE + MLSN.fmf

Edited by Dallan

2 hours ago, Dallan said:

That is actually my mistake, I meant to say "blessed for choice" because @dino88 is correct, there aren't many US databases this year that are even semi-realistic (that is the entire reason I am here fixing this one, because I would actually like to play this year and this is the closest file to what I wanted), and @EnigMattic1 is also correct, that is because it is a TON of work, getting it right requires skill with the advanced editor that very few people have, almost nobody with the skill has the time, and aiming for additional realism makes that part even worse.

Sorry for causing that little argument accidentally!

Also one more bugfix thanks to @Aljarov: this upload should fix the double history entries that were occurring for MLS Cup winners post 2025.

GUM USAE + MLSN.fmf 433.19 kB · 1 download

Thank you for this. I haven't (and probably won't in the future) had any time to test my file post-winter update, so I assume that winter update is what messed a lot of things up. I'll replace my file in the OP with this one and credit you.

• Gum changed the title to [FM23] All USA Pro Leagues w/ NCAA (NO PRO/REL) {UPDATE FOR 23.4}
2 hours ago, Jesus Bot said:

Hi! Any way to fix the double history entries for NCAA? 

Not sure what you mean - the way that the NCAA championship puts history entries in both "NCAA D1" and "NCAA College Cup"?

4 minutes ago, Dallan said:

Not sure what you mean - the way that the NCAA championship puts history entries in both "NCAA D1" and "NCAA College Cup"?

OH - I meant this:

image.png.262b31a6aa100183ee01735219dabb37.png

Is the reason why there are double entries because one shows for D1 and the other for College Cup? Interesting.  

That's why, yes. The rules add the College Cup winner as a history entry for both D1 and the College Cup, but unlike with the MLS conferences/Supporters' Shield, the College Cup winner is also listed in Past Winners on the main summary page. Probably the best way to deal with it is to do the same thing as MLS - only add the one history entry to the "cup" competition.

I wasn't looking for that and didn't spot it but I've fixed it and it's below

GUM USAE + MLSN.fmf

Edited by Dallan

2 hours ago, Dallan said:

That's why, yes. The rules add the College Cup winner as a history entry for both D1 and the College Cup, but unlike with the MLS conferences/Supporters' Shield, the College Cup winner is also listed in Past Winners on the main summary page. Probably the best way to deal with it is to do the same thing as MLS - only add the one history entry to the "cup" competition.

I wasn't looking for that and didn't spot it but I've fixed it and it's below

GUM USAE + MLSN.fmf 433.24 kB · 3 downloads

Was the fix simply removing the second Add History stage action (for NCAA D1, while keeping the NCAA College Cup) from Stage 17?

image.thumb.png.eb10f96dfe844c15aac855f50a267e2d.png

Or were there other changes made? Asking since I made my own edits to the save moving some US clubs around into the different leagues (like reactivating Chivas USA and moving them to the MLS instead of San Diego Loyal which stayed in the USL Championship + swapping the new USLC clubs with those from NISA and USL1 because they didn't have picture packs). Bit of a pain to have to do that again, so I was hoping to do make the edits to my own DB. 

Thank you!