Has anyone seen a player miss a penalty?

It just occurred to me, I don't think I have seen a player miss the goal before, only saves by the keeper.

but then again, I play on 2D, maybe that is why?

Spoiler

And I will admit, I made the thread name like it is because I wanted to see if people would comment without reading the post :brock:

In my games the penalty conversion rate for both my teams and opponents is about 50%. Of the unsuccessful ones probably 80% are saved, but plenty are misses.

I'm a lower league manager - the average penalty attribute of a penalty taker is around 6.

Edited by phnompenhandy

Not sure what it's like in the top divisions, but I'm seeing a good mix of goals, saves and misses in the lower leagues. As I type, one of my players has just skyed our 4th pen in a shootout, meaning we're out of the Scottish Challenge Cup. 

On 24.12.2022 at 00:01, HurkaDurk69 said:

It just occurred to me, I don't think I have seen a player miss the goal before, only saves by the keeper.

but then again, I play on 2D, maybe that is why?

There is no difference between 2d or 3d

Reveal hidden contents

And I will admit, I made the thread name like it is because I wanted to see if people would comment without reading the post :brock:

In my first season which i used the make the settings and model my avatar etc i had a penalty coversion rate of maybe 10%.

They got all over the place but almost never into the goal.

In my first serious season fortunately it is now the oposite and around 80% of the penaltys become scored goals.

Edited by Etebaer

On 24/12/2022 at 06:50, Scotty Walds said:

Might wanna read the opening post again...

Yes, I've had players hit them wide on this FM. Not sure I've seen them go over though.

post misleading titles get misleading answers. nobody's fault but theirs. 

9 hours ago, wazzaflow10 said:

post misleading titles get misleading answers. nobody's fault but theirs. 

Not my fault you didn't read the 22 words under the title that further explains  what I meant :brock:

Edited by HurkaDurk69

Just had a shootout after a back-to-back quarter final cup tie with only a day's rest between matches, and yet, despite a full 120 minutes, every one of mine and the opposition's players shot their pen on target. No one missed! In a lower division cup tie! Fatigued beyond poor, with low composure, awful finishing and even worse penalty attributes. The game even bothered to show how scuffed the pen spot was! 

Can confirm i had my usual penalty taker but one wide in A Shootout Semi final the UEL. So missed do happen even in the top flight

Edited by DAMMO_23
Because proof reading and Spelling isn't part of my functionality as a human apparently