[FM23] Leagues Mega Pack by @Timo@ (171 nations + 2 Others Competitions)

Agora, phnompenhandy disse:

I'm loving my own challenge, going from one island to the next, taking a team from the lowest league and winning a title before immediately resigning and moving on. I've loaded up Oceanic islands, then I'll go to the Caribbean, then Asian islands. Should keep me busy until FM24.

I did this obscure nation thing for a while on FM 21 and it's indeed really fun. Managed in all Oceanic countries, won OFC CLs in Tahiti and Vanuatu, then moved to Asia but only did 3 or 4 countries there. Might give it another go this year

27 minutes ago, hrmantovani said:

I did this obscure nation thing for a while on FM 21 and it's indeed really fun. Managed in all Oceanic countries, won OFC CLs in Tahiti and Vanuatu, then moved to Asia but only did 3 or 4 countries there. Might give it another go this year

It is a lot of fun, being exclusively in a world of hilariously awful football.  That ladder challenge looks great actually  - the points thing makes it a bit more complicated than I  like  - I'll just tick off a nation and move on.

This looks incredible!
As an Austrian, I am missing the Austrian league, however.
Do you have any plans on doing that one?
Going in-depth would be a real challenge here because once you go to tier 6 or tier 7 there are A LOT of teams and not the easiest relegation rules (which is actually where my attempt last year failed because I'm not amazing with complex relegation rules), but I'm sure you could do it.

So if you have any plans to do Austria, I would be incredibly grateful to see D5 or D6 in that one, since I've been looking for a good one with realistic rules for YEARS.

8 hours ago, hrmantovani said:

It's not an actual challenge from the Challenges forum, it's just a really interesting career thread

https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/526915-fm20-climb-the-ladder/

It is an interesting concept, but I'd never have time to do all that lol...

On that note, is there any good sources of things like kits and badges for these more obscure nations?  I played in Vanuatu a couple of seasons ago, but finding actual badges or an image of what their kits are is quite tricky.  A few appear on Wikipedia, but it's incomplete.  I like to be able to make kits to go into the game just to make it look that little bit nicer in the menus and in-game as I have some good templates I can use.

4 hours ago, kevhamster said:

It is an interesting concept, but I'd never have time to do all that lol...

On that note, is there any good sources of things like kits and badges for these more obscure nations?  I played in Vanuatu a couple of seasons ago, but finding actual badges or an image of what their kits are is quite tricky.  A few appear on Wikipedia, but it's incomplete.  I like to be able to make kits to go into the game just to make it look that little bit nicer in the menus and in-game as I have some good templates I can use.

The really big graphics packs have their flags, logos, things like that. I can't find any kits though.

2 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

The really big graphics packs have their flags, logos, things like that. I can't find any kits though.

Ah cool, I'll have to take a look.  Kits I can sort out myself - even if they're not completely accurate, I can make ones which are better looking than the default ones in-game.

"Each Updates are realized with the real rules (as soon as possible)..."

No, it isn't in this way. Very DB in this pack made with wrong way and "copy&paste" mode, as every year...

Edited by PaMi 7

1 hour ago, PaMi 7 said:

No, it isn't in this way. Very DB in this pack made with wrong way and "copy&paste" mode, as every year...

You offering up anything better? If not, don't criticise like this. 

1 hour ago, PaMi 7 said:

make ur own databse and share to us mr sucks

2 hours ago, kevhamster said:

You offering up anything better? If not, don't criticise like this. 

Actually, I have been pointed towards more accurate leagues, and I've downloaded them from Steam Workshop and restarted the save. The creators are Reinalda (the main one I'm using), Riddler, Bartholomous and Tenshi.

23 horas atrás, phnompenhandy disse:

It is a lot of fun, being exclusively in a world of hilariously awful football.  That ladder challenge looks great actually  - the points thing makes it a bit more complicated than I  like  - I'll just tick off a nation and move on.

The points are there to "force" you to manage in more than one nation in each step. But this year I also plan to ignore it and just follow the ladder as I wish! I'll be sure to follow your islands adventures 

9 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

Actually, I have been pointed towards more accurate leagues, and I've downloaded them from Steam Workshop and restarted the save. The creators are Reinalda (the main one I'm using), Riddler, Bartholomous and Tenshi.

Ok, fair enough.  I just thought the message from that guy was not very constructive, to put it mildly.

1 hour ago, kevhamster said:

Ok, fair enough.  I just thought the message from that guy was not very constructive, to put it mildly.

I think Timo's great strength is he works quick. People are gagging to dive into a long-term save with multiple obscure countries, and he gets his out first. Others are more thorough, and that necessarily means taking a lot longer. I happened to be 2 days into my new save when I was alerted to alternative files. But if I'd been a month or so into it, I wouldn't be abandoning the campaign with Timo's pack.

27 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

I think Timo's great strength is he works quick. People are gagging to dive into a long-term save with multiple obscure countries, and he gets his out first. Others are more thorough, and that necessarily means taking a lot longer. I happened to be 2 days into my new save when I was alerted to alternative files. But if I'd been a month or so into it, I wouldn't be abandoning the campaign with Timo's pack.

Yeah, I'd literally got as far as taking on a new club in Puerto Rico and making kits for them, but I'm happy to start over if these are better.  Especially as the OFC countries seem to be complete - my save in Vanuatu was some of the most fun I've ever had in FM.

On 29/11/2022 at 09:25, phnompenhandy said:

could you share the megapack league from riddle to me? since I do not own the game from steam because I bought the game from epic

1 hour ago, ogmalaysia1 said:

could you share the megapack league from riddle to me? since I do not own the game from steam because I bought the game from epic

Sorry, I downloaded it from Steam. I've only just worked out how to navigate their Workshop - never got to successfully download from there before.

I am interested in doing a Malta league save this year, starting from the bottom division (D4). When you play a league like this from this megapack, are the players for the clubs at this level real or will it be full of regens? Just not sure whether to hold off for the guy who normally creates the in detail Maltese system with all the players or whether this database will suffice?

Also another question, is it fine to incorporate a seperately downloaded league alongside the Timo Leagues? For example person X creates the Malta league on FM, can I use this database and then add the Timo leagues as well? Thanks

6 hours ago, ryanlion28 said:

I am interested in doing a Malta league save this year, starting from the bottom division (D4). When you play a league like this from this megapack, are the players for the clubs at this level real or will it be full of regens? Just not sure whether to hold off for the guy who normally creates the in detail Maltese system with all the players or whether this database will suffice?

Also another question, is it fine to incorporate a seperately downloaded league alongside the Timo Leagues? For example person X creates the Malta league on FM, can I use this database and then add the Timo leagues as well? Thanks

Should be fine. I mixed and matched Oceanic nations with no issues.

Hi Timo,

Just wondering how the Malta system is set up as I see you've said it is 4 divisions. In real life it goes:

BOV Premier League

First Division

Amateur League (Which is split between an A and B League, but it's the same level)

https://stats.maltafootball.info/national-league/national-amateur-league

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Timo61, Ligue 1 in France is supposed to be reduced from 20 to 18 teams after the first season. It does this in the base game but your file the league is keeping the old format and not relegating 4 teams in the first season like it is supposed to. Would you be able to fix this?

I'd love to start a Lower League French save so I would be grateful for this!

Thank you!

Edited by prodigy10

38 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

If you want 100% realism, it's best to find dedicated national files in Steam Workshop.

Thanks for the suggestion. I actually just took a look and found what I think I'm searching for: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2901633878

Unfortunately, I remembered that I purchased the game through Microsoft Store so I can't download it :(

27 minutes ago, prodigy10 said:

Thanks for the suggestion. I actually just took a look and found what I think I'm searching for: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2901633878

Unfortunately, I remembered that I purchased the game through Microsoft Store so I can't download it :(

Have a gander around a couple of prominent fan sites that host or  produce lower league files,  as well as the Editors Hideaway here.

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/11/2022 at 17:25, phnompenhandy said:

@phnompenhandyThanks for this!  I've subscribed to some of these too.  Was there a reason you preferred Reinalda?  

Question:  how did you deal with all of the greyed-out players?  I was thinking to start it, say, the lower Cameroonian league but don't want to deal with having mostly crappy, greyed-out players and no budget.  More specifically, I started unemployed, and got a low-level job, but ended up on a team with @ 2/3 greyed out players

Edited by glengarry224

8 hours ago, glengarry224 said:

@phnompenhandyThanks for this!  I've subscribed to some of these too.  Was there a reason you preferred Reinalda?  

Question:  how did you deal with all of the greyed-out players?  I was thinking to start it, say, the lower Cameroonian league but don't want to deal with having mostly crappy, greyed-out players and no budget.  More specifically, I started unemployed, and got a low-level job, but ended up on a team with @ 2/3 greyed out players

I start the game with a customised small database where I add all players from the region or nations. I also tick the box at start-up to add players to teams.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...