[FM23] & [FM24] Ernst Happel Challenge - If at First You Don't Succeed, Try, Try Again

SixPointer

Finally on the deserved stage in the Champions League Final.

Not winning the league hurts but whenever a team goes unbeaten, they deserve it. (Especially interesting that the AI managed it and will they actually defend their title is the question)

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A dramatic end to the season, but we have to congratulate Braga on fighting off your strong challenge. As for Europe, it's great progress to edge past Juventus and PSG (well written and evidenced to capture the tension). Best of luck against Arsenal, but whatever the outcome it's been a great effort.

45 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

Finally on the deserved stage in the Champions League Final.

Not winning the league hurts but whenever a team goes unbeaten, they deserve it. (Especially interesting that the AI managed it and will they actually defend their title is the question)

Very interesting from the AI. I hope they can stay in the title race but I think they will lose their star striker who’s been sublime.

I can’t quite believe that’s their first title. I knew the big three dominated especially, but I never realised only Boavista and Belenenses are the only two title the big three haven’t won. Shows you my knowledge on Portuguese football isn’t as good as I thought. 

40 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

A dramatic end to the season, but we have to congratulate Braga on fighting off your strong challenge. As for Europe, it's great progress to edge past Juventus and PSG (well written and evidenced to capture the tension). Best of luck against Arsenal, but whatever the outcome it's been a great effort.

I tried to write it with as much suspense as possible, can be quite hard when you already know all the outcomes.

Braga full deserved their title they won the big game when it mattered and to not lose in a whole season is always special no matter what level. Never mind elite.

I think in both the 1/4 and semi finals we done well, controlling the games perhaps lacked a clinical edged. No Mbappe certainly helped our cause against Paris.  

6 hours ago, Rikulec said:

Tough one to take in the league, fair play to Braga though.

As for the Champions League... well, just go out there and get it. No pressure! :lol:

Braga I can have no complaints with, I would of course want to win the league but I think them winning it and doing it undefeated add a nice edge to the story. Would rather them than either Sporting or Porto.

No pressure 🤣 wait until you see the Arsenal squad.

5 hours ago, lfds89 said:

Good luck for the final!

Thanks my man 👍🏻

4 hours ago, Lestri said:

Huge effort there. It's frustrating but understandable when you're fighting on all fronts and something slips, ever so slightly. Let's go!

Thanks dude 👍🏻 something must give way but in all truth I think it was more a case of Braga we’re just better than us this year rather than us being poor.  

4 minutes ago, rich ruzzian said:

If you can keep this level of performing in the league, next year the title will be back with your team. Dont see Braga doing this again.

Any improvements for your squad already in place? 

I already secured a left back from Atalanta about April time, there having money issues so I feel I got myself a bit of a bargain. 

4 hours ago, Rikulec said:

:applause:

Thanks bud 

2 hours ago, Lestri said:

Those low crosses 😍 congratulations! Huge result.

They have proved to be lethal all season. If I had the time I would make a whole reel of them!

2 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

:hammer:What a way to win it and break the curse!

Thanks mate!! I think we were fortunate to escape Mbappe and Endrick but I think when you look at the games from Juve onwards we more often than not we’re the more dominant side 

33 minutes ago, Dong21 said:

Congratulations :applause:High drama! 

Thanks my man, was indeed!!! 

2 minutes ago, lfds89 said:

Congratulations!

Will you stay? Or is there another adventure in sight?

thanks!!! I still have three league titles and three Fa cups to win until unlock the next stage! So I’ll be here for at least another three seasons my man 

1 hour ago, Carambau said:

:):applause: Thank you for sharing this! This was great to watch !

Thanks bud. Tried my best to capture it the best I could. I love the fact it’s was a local lad who stole the show. Felt very benfica. I’ve just gave him a huge contract with a 580 million release clause 

2 minutes ago, warlock said:

Well, I have to admit I'm a bit miffed :lol:.

But seriously, well done - a great achievement :thup:

I spent big, Seimen, Lavia and Danilo all proved  pivotal, I also was lucky enough to miss mbappe and endrick which was massive in my eyes.

Arsenal although filled with Endrick, Saka and Caicedo haven’t won the EPL, it’s been City and Liverpool so you could say we got a better tie in the final.

But also we did control games and held up our end of the bargain.

Thanks bud! It’s your time to shine next!

7 minutes ago, warlock said:

Yeah, you need a bit of luck somewhere along the line but, as you say, you did what was needed. Great win!

I’ve just spent another 40 million on a RWB and a further 20 on LWB. So the fun doesn’t stop. But that is incomings done for another year unless we sell. I’ve got another 16 year old to bring into the fold as well. To keep the product line flowing. 

3 hours ago, rich ruzzian said:

Nice to see the splashed cash payed out with the result in the finale. The curse is broken. 

Thanks bud! Yeah quite the final! 

1 hour ago, Jogo Bonito said:

A late congratulations from me too, very well played & relayed! Another three seasons minimum, wow :lol:

Good luck for the next season.

Thanks my man! Tried my best to bring it to life!

Yeah three seasons all going well. To be honest I’m really enjoying what we are building, the big spend now has the squad filled with 8 wonderkids. So just supplementing the side and growing the players and grabbing must haves is manageable 

Guys am off on holiday on Thursday for 2 weeks. I’ll try and get the summer window played out and updated but it may be a little quiet around here if not.

Wife doesn’t understand I’ve won the champions league so I should be allowed to take my laptop on holiday. 🙃

1 hour ago, SixPointer said:

Wife doesn’t understand I’ve won the champions league so I should be allowed to take my laptop on holiday. 🙃

It's difficult sharing your life with someone who doesn't understand the important things. :lol:

5 hours ago, SixPointer said:

Guys am off on holiday on Thursday for 2 weeks. I’ll try and get the summer window played out and updated but it may be a little quiet around here if not.

Explain to her that you need to bring your laptop "for work."  it just so happens that your "work laptop" also has FM loaded on it.

1 hour ago, keeper#1 said:

Explain to her that you need to bring your laptop "for work."  it just so happens that your "work laptop" also has FM loaded on it.

As an oil and gas pipeliner if I needed a laptop for work I think I would be doing it very wrong…….. worth a shot tho :brock:

3 hours ago, SixPointer said:

As an oil and gas pipeliner if I needed a laptop for work I think I would be doing it very wrong…….. worth a shot tho :brock:

I can understand that.  I work as a travel agent so I always need a laptop with me.  Even when I'm on vacation, that's when I'll have a client contact me about something.  :lol:

14 hours ago, keeper#1 said:

I can understand that.  I work as a travel agent so I always need a laptop with me.  Even when I'm on vacation, that's when I'll have a client contact me about something.  :lol:

Hahah wiseman maybe I need career change 🤣

The transfer window has slammed shut…. But unfortunately I’ve ran out of time for and update and will now be signing off until the 1st weekend in October. 

There was deadline day drama as wonderkid Lucas joined arsenal for a potential 72 million euros. We signed him for 1.5 million. If that’s not Benfica I dunno what else is.

The big coming was Tino Livermento, the English RWB’s relegation release clause of 40 million activated at Southampton.

I’ll do a proper update when back from holidays hopefully the passion I have for the save at the minute is still there when I return 

7 hours ago, keeper#1 said:

Have a great vacation!

Thanks dude 👍🏻

5 hours ago, warlock said:

Have a great time. Nothing can go wrong while you're away. Probably :lol:

You never know, Oliver Neuville the assistant might go crazy and sell everyone 🤣🤣

Am 22.11.2022 um 13:39 schrieb Carambau:

I hope you will find your inner love for austria soon :)  I enjoyed playing the austrian leagues in the past - Only in those leagues you get rewarded in cash by the FA if you play at least 8 domestic youngsters or so if i recall correctly :) 

Incorrect

vor 26 Minuten schrieb Carambau:

Might have been in a FM20/FM21 save but that definitely happened when i was managing SV Horn

That's true. This changed before the season 2020/21 but wasn't changed in the game

11 hours ago, SixPointer said:

The transfer window has slammed shut…. But unfortunately I’ve ran out of time for and update and will now be signing off until the 1st weekend in October. 

There was deadline day drama as wonderkid Lucas joined arsenal for a potential 72 million euros. We signed him for 1.5 million. If that’s not Benfica I dunno what else is.

The big coming was Tino Livermento, the English RWB’s relegation release clause of 40 million activated at Southampton.

I’ll do a proper update when back from holidays hopefully the passion I have for the save at the minute is still there when I return 

Wishing you a great vacation :) 

10 hours ago, Carambau said:

Wishing you a great vacation :) 

Thanks man 👍🏻

9 hours ago, rich ruzzian said:

Enjoy the holiday. I am waiting and coloring the days on my calendar until you're back. 

Thanks dude. Big push to get it over the line when am home. Before 24 is released.

although FM24 might just be the first edition I don’t buy right away, since is started playing championship manager 2000/2001. As I’m going to Angola to work there will be zero FM time. 

18 minutes ago, SixPointer said:

Thanks man 👍🏻

Thanks dude. Big push to get it over the line when am home. Before 24 is released.

although FM24 might just be the first edition I don’t buy right away, since is started playing championship manager 2000/2001. As I’m going to Angola to work there will be zero FM time. 

Have a great vacation.

Good luck in Angola too. My experience of living & working in Africa was excellent although the work and social lifestyle was quite different to Europe. At least FM works well 'offline' which is what I had to do when I played it from there due to poor internet and no WiFi. Maybe you already speak it, but if you learn more Portuguese when you are there, you can switch FM language at Benfica to make it more authentic ;)

17 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Have a great vacation.

Good luck in Angola too. My experience of living & working in Africa was excellent although the work and social lifestyle was quite different to Europe. At least FM works well 'offline' which is what I had to do when I played it from there due to poor internet and no WiFi. Maybe you already speak it, but if you learn more Portuguese when you are there, you can switch FM language at Benfica to make it more authentic ;)

Thanks my man!

yeah I’ve been fortunate enough to travel to Malaysia, Brazil, Norway and soon Angola through work. It’s a challenging project and 12 hours everyday. Throw in my fitness routine and FM isn’t going to be an option. So I think I’ll leave it behind as it will just frustrate me only being able to play it at a glimpse.