The FM23 Youth Academy Challenge

7 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

All the best @Winskithough you didn't have to change mate.  Ironic as JJK were my second choice too.

Thanks mate. It's all good, I'm actually very happy with the change. I love the club colours of JJK and the kits I made, so I really don't mind. I played only a couple of months in-game with KäPa, so didn't mind to start a new save.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Winski said:

Thanks mate. It's all good, I'm actually very happy with the change. I love the club colours of JJK and the kits I made, so I really don't mind. I played only a couple of months in-game with KäPa, so didn't mind to start a new save.

I know you never mind, i would mind (a little) if someone starts with Afrika when i'm nog really far in the save because it won't take long before they are ten seasons ahead :)

Edited by OlivierL

7 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

I didn't know he had started with them.

No, you couldn't know, and I really don't mind if someone is playing with the same club. But I just started the save, I was only a couple of weeks underway. I didn't even posted about it in here. But if I then have the choice to start with a club no-one is playing with, then I'll choose that option, instead of a club where someone already playing with.

If I was already a season or so underway, then I continued with that club. I really don't mind if someone is chosing the same club as me, or vice versa.

31 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

I know you never mind, i would mind (a little) if someone starts with Afrika when i'm nog really far in the save because it won't take long before they are ten seasons ahead :)

I actually quite like it when people are playing in the same nation or same team, but I see where you're coming from as I play quite slowly too.  Recently someone was posting season updates more quickly than I take to review and update my backroom staff each season :).  My own fault as I like a fairly big db and plenty of playable leagues, and can't help but micromanaging everything.  I even do all the media stuff, even though its always the same old nonsense!

image.png.207b3772aa4e43b617e7e61edbf8bbaf.png

EqXGwdx.png

2027/28 Midseason Review:

gCFACfb.png

First season in the top league and doing alright. If we win it's usually a 1-0 or 2-1 type of match, but there have been a few lopsided losses to put a real dent in the GD. Five matches left before the league splits, and four of them are team ahead of us. Odds are we go to the relegation group, but I think we're safe. Switzerland changed their league rules and it is chaotic looking, so I really don't know what's going to happen. I just want to stay up and get that prize money to invest in the facilities. 

Intake Preview:

sr9pxup.png

I'll always be happy for good prospects at CB and we need scoring help so I'm happy to see it looks to be heavy on talent there. 

3 hours ago, benrollo said:

884b5df0330f3b90e2a5556466586517.png

6f6b54a9855781ff69114dc807d4f09c.png

d950476cfbf80e18c5cdb437bcea86ea.png

We're going up! As if they were spurred on by recent successes in this thread, the Brodarac Boys played their hearts out on the way to a 5th place finish after the split for the final 7 games. Seeing as Graficar are not able to be promoted, we gladly took their place in the playoffs! The final pitted us against Kolubara, who have been in the Superliga for the last few seasons, but always flirting around the relegation playoff zone. We lost the first leg away 2-1, and quite frankly we were battered. Missing our best defender Dragan Radovic 24-4 through suspension clearly hurt us. Thankfully, he was back for the second leg, and we put in a much-improved performance to win 2-0, and secure promotion! 

For the third season in a row, Anto Vasovic (7.32 Avg) was our best player. But for the first time, he didn't score more than half our goals - rubbish. OK, he still got 21 goals. But he does appear to be on the decline, and has a couple of youngsters snapping at his heels. After Anto, Dejan Durovic 24-5 (7.06 Avg) played well out on the right wing. He had big boots to fill after we were pretty much forced to sell Dragoljub Tasic 24-1 (more on that in a second), and did a good job on the way to 9 goals and 7 assists. Mate Bagoly 25-1 (7.04 Avg) rounded out the top 3, having the kind of season I was hoping for when he came through the graduate class last year.

So, Tasic. Basically, club option contract extensions still seem to be broken in Serbia. Very occasionally I can trigger one - seemingly at random - but it's just not an option to trigger it 99% of the time. So despite thinking I had 4 more years of Tasic, I actually only had 1. Teams were sniffing once he announced he was going to leave us at the end of his deal, so I had to sell. I got a measly £90k for him, but I did manage to get a 50% of next sale clause inserted. He's valued up to £1.8m as we speak, so I'm hopeful that will net us a few quid down the line. But basically, this whole paragraph is a moan at SI for them to sort out club option extensions.

Let's move on to the new graduate class. We were once again promised a super looking class, but the end result was actually a little disappointing - at least from a current ability point of view. Hopefully there are some potential stars in here, but looking at the starting attributes of the class, it's our poorest one yet:ca0e45e26d2a811b17104b6e8a116f3d.png 

There were 11 elite talents though, so let's take a look.

f0a557559c018ea64f7c38f4816e988b.png
Straight in as our number 1, which says more about our previous keeper than Goran. But I'm hoping he'll grow into a strong stopper.

9a1b87259e705c51d7a12e4a82ec587e.png
Honestly no idea how well anyone in this class will develop, but Milan has a long way to go to fit into either a wing or forward role.

246a401719b04ad1f931674941990617.png
Actually a pretty decent base to start from, and hopefully Bagoly shares some of his central midfield magic with Marko.

I won't even list the other elite players as there are loads, and none of them really look up to much!

Off the field, we were in the red most of the season so improvements to the club were out of the question. I managed to get up to the Continental B license, but the board won't yet let me go for the next one. Here's my Overview. Right at the end of the season, I did manage to twist the board's arm to let us improve the youth recruitment, so that's a step in the right direction. Financially I'm in limbo basically until we sell a few more players, especially as we've gone professional now. Here's hoping I can at least get some decent money for them when the offers start rolling in (looking at you, Bagoly).

Next season, we do absolutely everything we can to survive. The board only expect us to have a go at avoiding relegation, so hopefully my job will be safe either way. They have also inserted that wonderful expectation of developing players through the youth facilities, so that should buy me some time too!

not great personalities but the players seems to have great potential!

edit: just love your graphics man!

Edited by the_hdk

8 minutes ago, the_hdk said:

not great personalities but the players seems to have great potential!

edit: just love your graphics man!

Thanks mate, appreciate it.

Personalities really are a struggle at the mo (maybe it's a Belgrade thing :D) but we'll keep plugging away.

And most importantly, congrats on completing the challenge!

54 minutes ago, benrollo said:

Thanks mate, appreciate it.

Personalities really are a struggle at the mo (maybe it's a Belgrade thing :D) but we'll keep plugging away.

And most importantly, congrats on completing the challenge!

its ok if I start a save in Serbia? :)

I'm thinking of letting the WC game decide...Brazil vs Serbia...I will play in teh country of the winner.

7 hours ago, Neo_Geo said:

Looks like the youth facilities is still bugged.

Training facilities 2 months after completion of last upgrade I can ask again but youth facilities option not there.

For me in luxembourg even at bottom facilities (Poor & Poor) I've yet to see the option to upgrade youth facilities... it's frustrating they broke it mid cycle and can't seem to roll it back after this long.

Just now, WhiteCat33 said:

For me in luxembourg even at bottom facilities (Poor & Poor) I've yet to see the option to upgrade youth facilities... it's frustrating they broke it mid cycle and can't seem to roll it back after this long.

That low down? That really sucks.

I've only seen it occur at the 4 star stage.

I don't see how it can be a planned feature based on the chairperson's WWY attribute because surely you can ASK them for the upgrade and they say no.

4 hours ago, benrollo said:

, Tasic. Basically, club option contract extensions still seem to be broken in Serbia. Very occasionally I can trigger one - seemingly at random - but it's just not an option to trigger it 99% of the time. So despite thinking I had 4 more years of Tasic, I actually only had 1. Teams were sniffing once he announced he was going to leave us at the end of his deal, so I had to sell. I got a measly £90k for him, but I did manage to get a 50% of next sale clause inserted. He's valued up to £1.8m as we speak, so I'm hopeful that will net us a few quid down the line. But basically, this whole paragraph is a moan at SI for them to sort out club option extensions.

Props to you for sticking with the save, for me if this was the case I'd bail on the country and look elsewhere. Hope youre able to get longer contracts up a level!

18 minutes ago, Neo_Geo said:

That low down? That really sucks.

I've only seen it occur at the 4 star stage.

I don't see how it can be a planned feature based on the chairperson's WWY attribute because surely you can ASK them for the upgrade and they say no.

I'm pretty sure its a combination of club reputation and chairman WWY. Even in the top flight my club still has 0.5* Local reputation and I'm sure our chairman has garbage abilities. This season is the first where we are actually in the top 30 in luxembourg in club rankings. 

Looking at the clubs getting into Europe they are upgrading facilities so my hope is once we get there things will open up for the infrastructure.  

3 minutes ago, WhiteCat33 said:

Props to you for sticking with the save, for me if this was the case I'd bail on the country and look elsewhere. Hope youre able to get longer contracts up a level!

Yeah it's definitely another level to the challenge that is definitely really restrictive. I guess I'm hoping there's a sweetspot I hit (eventually) where players are actually willing to sign second deals with us because we are strong enough. But if they keep getting sold...will we get there? Going to keep with it for now but the feet are starting to get a touch itchy!

5 minutes ago, benrollo said:

Yeah it's definitely another level to the challenge that is definitely really restrictive. I guess I'm hoping there's a sweetspot I hit (eventually) where players are actually willing to sign second deals with us because we are strong enough. But if they keep getting sold...will we get there? Going to keep with it for now but the feet are starting to get a touch itchy!

Especially with all the nations opened up with Timos megapack the world is your oyster

Edited by WhiteCat33

xZJDNwbRJayVuVq7rRzO_Cifc-crest.thumb.png.01a0f35d802abf4d9db8804d3b4a121b.png

FM23 Youth Academy Only Challenge - Canvey Island FC.

Season I (23/24), Chapter II - Preseason & Managerial Debut!

So we start our preseason beating our Second XI 2-0. While we lost to league sides Accrington Stanley, Bolton Wanderers, Charlton & non-league sides Bromley and Hendon, we beat Chesham, MK Dons, Enfield Town & Bishop Stortford! Going into our first game against Eastbourne, I was optimistic to get some points on the board, but I didn't think we would have such an amazing debut!

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.b60722816cbd48d5e1c2a43a1f49db3d.jpeg

6-0! A hat-trick for right-winger Elliot Ronto, and a goal a-piece for our star Odei Martin, Jamie Salmon, and full-back Conor Hubble starts our campaign off with a bang!

Spoiler

20221124134940_1.thumb.jpg.14593e843579cc2bb6144cf7c741a0bf.jpg

This result ended up being the biggest in our club's history! It's all down here from here, I guess...

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.3b2f9d23ec7362b11d4fbb705cd1d54e.jpeg

In two pieces of other news, season ticket sales have risen 10% from last season (from 30 to 33), and I have started studying for my National C Coaching Licence! 

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.8ef0b9ca45939212876ca1a384727396.jpeg

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.19ced38ab0e48e88fc096d8afd05dd9c.jpeg

The next chapter will pick up a quarter of the day through the season - and henceforth the post schedule shall be the following:

I. Preseason & First game

II. 1/4 of the way through the league season

III. 1/2 of the way through the league season

IV. Youth Intake preview

V. 3/4 of the way through the league season

VI. Youth Intake day

VII. Final game & Postseason.

Here's the link for others who haven't seen it:

Well worth a look if you're in the market for an experience outside (or beneath) the vanilla leagues.  I used his Slovenia and Malta files last year.

A challenge I noticed is he's added a Crimea db this year. Pretty sure the game has set it at like a 1 YR and won't naturally produce players from their. 

How about when people are done with their main save those who are interested sign up to the Timo Megapack Challenge.

Those who sign up get one of the nations drawn at random (no duplicates) so you get varied challenges and stories.

That's of course if that pack is eligible under the rules of the challenge

1 minute ago, Neo_Geo said:

How about when people are done with their main save those who are interested sign up to the Timo Megapack Challenge.

Those who sign up get one of the nations drawn at random (no duplicates) so you get varied challenges and stories.

I'd be up for that in tangent with my main - mix it up a bit!

What about setting up a single continent draw with either Africa or Asia removing any vanilla countries from the pool? .

Could be like how a bunch of us went to the carribean last year when V50 released his carribean pack.I'm still going strong in Luxembourg so will be a while till I'm ready for a change. Maybe a new years start?

Edited by WhiteCat33

3 minutes ago, WhiteCat33 said:

What about setting up a single continent draw with either Africa or Asia removing any vanilla countries from the pool? .

Could be like how a bunch of us went to the carribean last year when V50 released his carribean pack.I'm still going strong in Luxembourg so will be a while till I'm ready for a change. Maybe a new years start?

Sounds good, I like the fact it will force many to go out of their comfort zone (myself included) and doing this in the New Year would give plenty of time to progress with the current save.

It won't be to everyone's taste but I think it'll be great fun.

42 minutes ago, Neo_Geo said:

I'm already using his iceland file, does it count ? :)

On 23/11/2022 at 17:31, the_hdk said:

Kaf Sin Kaf

Season 38/39 (Final) - Süper Lig

rOVsxMX.png

Transfers / Players

Well this is it. The Final season. 16 seasons it took me...and we finish in style with a quadruple!. We finish with 8 championships, 2 cups, 6 super cups and one champions league. Kaan Dobra has finished his goal! More about the CL finale at the end. I see I forgot to update the Ballon d'Or on teh pcture and im too lazy to go back but it was won by SEGURA spanish player playing for Chelsea.

With 93 points we really dominated this season. We also finish with 466 mln EUR in the bank. Sadly still no affiliates and no improvement of youth facilities.

eWRZnCK.png

Epic finish.

Youth

Xd6F1xZ.png

Last year intake was amazing. Three elite players who can make the first team. Especially TASKAN with resolute persoality is high potential.

lF21300.png

For the last update and overview of all intake players per region. Aegean with 207 is the big winner. Altough last few years we ware getting more and more players from all over Turkiye.

Key Players

And the three key players of this save

ZJniSYA.png

BAS (vice captain) was a brilliant goaly. In the CL final he saved two huge opportunities and we could not have done it without him.

LmqIVIn.png

YALCIN the Captain. The leader. The rock. Already 58 caps at age of 26, he will probably end up with around 100. The first Wonderkid we had and i'm more than happy that he stayed till the end with us. Giving him the armband was vital in that.

nQVsbn4.png

GULERYUZ the star striker...already 20 goals for Turkiye...his pace is amazing and he was the MoM of the final. His goal was crucial (altough he had 4 1 on 1 chances).

Champions League Final

The teams:

uDyjUxn.png

1-0 from GULERYUZ. Easy tuck in 5th minutae. It was our 3rd chance of the game already. Blitzball baby.

Ciby3JK.png

1-1 from Barcelona in 84th min from Romanian SALI. It gave hope to the Catalonians.

f9BjUAC.png

2-1 in 91st min! the winning goal after a great run by VURAL.

GtCfr4J.png

The celebrations...continued for 4 days in Turkiye (and continued long after the cup final).

mEDZsV5.png

5WJ8UMN.png

And so we win...and I finish the challange.

I loved it. First time I managed to finish it in three years. Sadly Turkiye didn't have alot of foreign intake but I loved playing there. Alot of interesting clubs with rich history. Amazing intakes...much better than I remember in Poland or Netherlands.

Congrats, that's a very quick completion. Have added you to HoF (sorry for the delay but I've not had time to read the thread last couple of days) 

Still some big countries not finished in this challenge but Turkey can be removed from the top ten. below an update for OP @darren1983

Spoiler

Top 10 worldwide based on dynamic youth rating FM22:

1. Egypt - Africa - 125
  2. Turkey - Europe - 124
  3. Nigeria - Africa - 120
  4. Mexico - North America - 120
  5. Belgium - Europe - 120
  6. Russia - Europe - 118
  7. Colombia - South America - 117
  8. Japan - Asia - 112
  9. Iran - Asia - 110
  10. South Korea - Asia - 110

Top 10 Europe based on dynamic youth rating FM22:

1. Turkey - Europe - 124
  2. Belgium - Europe - 120
  3. Russia - Europe - 118
  4. Serbia - Europe - 100
  5. Croatia - Europe - 98
  6. Czech Rep. - Europe - 94
  7. Romania - Europe - 91
  8. Denmark - Europe - 91
  9. Switzerland - Europe - 90
  10. Sweden - Europe - 88

7 hours ago, Barnsley said:

Season 10 mini lil update FC United - we are on to something at the minute. I don't know how or where as i haven't changed a thing. I guess another season together and another year older. But we have started like a house on fire! Although i have drawn 4 of the last 5 league games and haven't been playing the best. This is my longest unbeaten run throughout. 

I am using a 4-2-3-1 (yes I know), on FM22 I did a clean sweep with Forest Green playing a 3412 from League Two to CL winners, and I really want to emulate that here as it felt brilliant to win that way, but the players just dont suit yet. I have always wanted to get a 4-4-2 working too but never been able to find the balance.

I concede way too many goals so i just need to try and outscore everyone i can, which is working currently. 4 clean sheets in 18 games total explains the issue we have. but we fire the goals in.

(after I post this - i know i will now go on a losing streak of 5-6 games and completely ruin the work :D)

image.thumb.png.8ed79876f56f11fb34a6926805001504.png

The next batch of games went badly as I knew it would. In such a terrible mood here - i thought season 10 was the one :( it all went horribly wrong and i cannot stop it. I just can't win. Somehow managed to get 13 points behind top of the league from the position I was in. I am not sure what other people do in this situation? but there is nothing i can do it to stop it or change it. I feel like i dont influence it and it just happens.

image.thumb.png.e16ad1809fa9c0072b0fa05e1b63d916.png

Karşıyaka SK

Season 2 -  2024/25| TFF 2.Lig - 1st (Media:11th) | Cup - 5th Round

What a incredible season. We won the league without a doubt. Only 4 defeats ( 2 after we won the league) and 103 goals is a statement. Who is Gemici ( Still no new team after one year - Ridiculous).  My top prospect Mehmet Kalkan scored 47 goals this season. 39 in the league, 8 in the cup with 2 against Fenerbahce but we lost 3-2 in the 5th round against them. Also Fatih Tasdelen had improved this year with 24 goals in the league.

Manager | Transfers | Overview | League Table | League Stats | Club Overview | Facilities |Squad |Squad Stats |Youth income

Top 3 players

Mehmet Kalkan - 32 games - 47 goals - 6 assists - 12 POM - 7.95

Baris Celik - 28 games - 6 goals - 17 assists - 7 POM - 7.17

Fatih Tasdelen - 36 games - 25 goals - 5 assists - 3 POM - 7.39

Top 3 prospects

Murat Tükenmez - center back

Muharrem Tek - Midfielder right

Ümit Kilic - center back

Edited by gb2003