FM22 Guide: "How to increase realism in FM22 by Daveincid

vor 18 Minuten schrieb SpS_Zen:

Is there a reason for that ?

realism:brock:
Edit: I don't use any default db, they are all the same custom db.

See here:
Q: „Where do I need to place those files?“
A: „The setups need to be placed here: C:\Users\yourname\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2022\game_setup“.
The database setup („all players from default leagues“) needs to be placed here: C:\Users\yourname\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2022\db setups

Edited by Daveincid

il y a 56 minutes, Daveincid a dit :

realism:brock:
Edit: I don't use any default db, they are all the same custom db.

See here:
Q: „Where do I need to place those files?“
A: „The setups need to be placed here: C:\Users\yourname\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2022\game_setup“.
The database setup („all players from default leagues“) needs to be placed here: C:\Users\yourname\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2022\db setups

Again, this is marginal. I was talking about the difference about the options below :

20220505145051_1.thumb.jpg.37d8ea5471f21cb34ea48d384136ae9a.jpg20220505145053_1.thumb.jpg.96fd0dc1b5546eee22d1b43794ef639d.jpg

In older FM, I noticed there were too many good staff available when you picked 'large', so I always played with 'small'.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb SpS_Zen:

Again, this is marginal. I was talking about the difference about the options below :

20220505145051_1.thumb.jpg.37d8ea5471f21cb34ea48d384136ae9a.jpg20220505145053_1.thumb.jpg.96fd0dc1b5546eee22d1b43794ef639d.jpg

In older FM, I noticed there were too many good staff available when you picked 'large', so I always played with 'small'.

I've put an old db-setup in the download. It's fixed.
Please for the next time:
Q: „I might found a mistake in one of the setups“
A: „Send me a PM“

Edited by Daveincid

• 1 month later...
vor 1 Minute schrieb cedinero:

Hey,

You got a version of your files which includes DaveTheEditor's additional nations?

Q: „Why does this guide not include any custom leagues?“
A: „Because the guide should work for everyone“. „There might be custom ones available somewhere :D“

Q: „Where can I find it?“
A: „ask Dr. Google or send me a PM“

• 5 months later...

@Daveincid What's the reason behind tip number 4? Because I'm going to load a certain amount but may want to reduce it if I find things too slow.

Stick to the setup you’ve chosen at the start during your save game. I wouldn’t add additional leagues or remove some. If your game becomes too slow I would first set some fully simulated competitions to default. This has a much bigger impact on the „day to day“-performance. 

Edited by Gee_Simpson

vor 8 Stunden schrieb Gee_Simpson:

@Daveincid What's the reason behind tip number 4? Because I'm going to load a certain amount but may want to reduce it if I find things too slow.

Stick to the setup you’ve chosen at the start during your save game. I wouldn’t add additional leagues or remove some. If your game becomes too slow I would first set some fully simulated competitions to default. This has a much bigger impact on the „day to day“-performance. 

To keep the simulation consistent over the whole save-game. Feel free to play it how you want but I personally do not recommend it :)

• 1 month later...

Hi guys. 

I am planning to start a very long save. I have a decent PC but, I still want to optimalize the database in favour of processing speed.

I will start in the Premier League. Buying, developing and selling players is a big part of my gameplay, so I need some leagues, to sell or loan out talents. I also would love to have 50k-100k player base, to have diverse talent pool.

I am also planning to you @Daveincid pack for FM23.

I would love some suggestions.

21 minutes ago, Solanke said:

Hi guys. 

I am planning to start a very long save. I have a decent PC but, I still want to optimalize the database in favour of processing speed.

I will start in the Premier League. Buying, developing and selling players is a big part of my gameplay, so I need some leagues, to sell or loan out talents. I also would love to have 50k-100k player base, to have diverse talent pool.

I am also planning to you @Daveincid pack for FM23.

I would love some suggestions.

Have the top leagues in Europe. (Possibly 2nd Divisions too) and the top leagues of interesting leagues around the World. USA, Canada, China, South Korea, Brazil & Argentina 

• 2 months later...

I want to say thank you very much for your work @Daveincid
Unfortunately, I was not able to support you on Patreon and download ready-made files due to the fact that my bank is under sanctions and I cannot transfer money to foreign accounts, but !
Instead I understood the logic of your settings by reading all the past threads :D

I have found a sweet spot for my Laptop with Ryzen 5600h and 16gb RAM.

Maybe my settings will be useful to someone:
- The first two divisions in Belgium, England, France, Germany, Holland, Italy, Spain - playable / View-only Below
- Other Top 20 European leagues - View-only
- Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Mexico, Uruguay, USA - View-only

In addition - a large database with players from all continents (except for "players based on nation" and "players of nationality")
Which gives an excellent base of ~143k players

Изображение

Full level of detail:
- all national teams
- all continental club competitions
- First Division and Cup in Belgium, England, France, Germany, Holland, Italy, Spain + 2 first divisions in my league

Sweet spot for me between speed and immersion :applause:

p.s.: I also advise disabling "turbo boost" for this processor so that when simulating matches, the temperature does not fly to 100 ° C and the cooling turbines do not turn on.

Edited by planum

Isn't there a downside to loading less leagues but loading so many players through the advanced database? A few years ago, I read that it has a negative effect on the transfer market because it floods the game with too many players, is this true?