[FM22] The Great San Marino Challenge

2 hours ago, TacticalGenius said:

Also, San Marino Academy appear to be playing in an u20 Italian league, and as such seem to have more Italian newgens than Sammarinese…

That must be a bug - I'll keep an eye on that in my save come the first youth intakes.  Trouble is if they fix the bug, it would need a new save and no way are you starting for a 3rd time!

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, The Regista said:

I CAN BARELY KEEP UP WITH THIS THREAD!! :D 

Good work to all and welcome to newcomers.

I get about 2 hours to play every night. Hoping to get the first season done by the weekend!

I’ve wrecked my back so I’m signed off of work to heal up. 
And…

We’re into Serie C! (Again!)

End of Season 1 Update

@6499red National team achievements: Win a game, Win a competitive game

Great to see so many people involved in the challenge. The real life reforming of the club as well as claasen's database being up so early has done wonders :thup: You all seem to be doing really well too - I haven't started quite as successfully but its a marathon not a sprint ;)

On with the results...

Spoiler

World Cup qualifying campaign:

Snz1NTfxt.jpg.2880194d3c6d22e03ce369a07b7dfe79.jpg

The only game we had any chance of a result was Andorra and so I'm happy to have ticked off the challenges first NT achievements by beating them. Although we expected to get battered in all the other games that didn't make sitting through them any less depressing. Clearly when you have only one outfielder who is paid full time to play football there's only so much tactics can do so Filippo Berardi's return from injury ahead of the nations league cant come soon enough.

Although its not an official achievement the milestone I find myself working towards with the national side is getting to a place where we can consistently field a team of people paid to play football as their full-time job.

Club:

Spoiler

Eccellenza

1586278935_Szn1Lg.thumb.jpg.26d8dec1834474246e6f739090e214d5.jpg

The final table is actually quite generous after a disaster of a campaign. Building a system in pre-season to take advantage of the two most talented players at the club in attack (Prandeli, Voinea) worked great in theory until they both suffered month long injuries in the final friendly. Another injury crisis in November forced us to play that month of fixtures without a fit centre back. It became apparent embarrassingly early into the season that the only priority was to slog through to the end at which every member of the squads contracts expire and we can rebuild. In fact, as of the 15th may 2022 I am yet to offer an extension to a single player or staff member already at the club and I expect only a few will get that offer.

Next season after a summer rebuild and providing key players stay fit there is no excuse not to mount a serious title charge

1947659796_Mayfixtures.jpg.2b472595c5da13eddf5ce135b8859178.jpg

One small silver lining is the fact that in our last 2 fixtures of the season - after we were out of the title race - we were able to grind out wins against the champions and the team that finished in 3rd place. Hopefully we can take that form into next year

1 hour ago, Giveit2Giroud said:

You all seem to be doing really well too - I haven't started quite as successfully but its a marathon not a sprint

Well, with a max squad of just 25 - and very little margin for error with just 1 getting promoted - any injury problems, particularly at one position - are going to be tough to deal with.  2nd is still pretty damn good - and perhaps staying in that division another year might make it a bit easier for you to play a few of your first youth intake in season 2.  If that helps their development a bit and then perhaps the National Team, then it might be a good thing.

The dynamic youth ratings are going to change this challenge, I believe.  I've also been thinking about how to play it.  I'm pretty sure if I'm aggressive in the loan market, I could push up the leagues fairly quickly.  But, if I'm in Serie C, B or even A - would I completely leave all my youth players behind?  In FM19, even in 2044 or whatever year I got to, I was getting Serie C level players in my intakes - and if I played them in the first team, they were hidden.  I don't think that will happen in FM22 - but let's say in 5 years time with only minimal National Team success, the dynamic youth ratings aren't going to have gone through the roof.  But perhaps they might help enough to give me some first team players for Victor San Marino - but perhaps not if I'm too high up the leagues.  So, tons of different ways to approach this challenge - and dynamic youth ratings add a new complexity that I have been thinking quite a lot about in the last couple days, despite the fact I'm still in November of season 1!

Main thing is you are having fun playing the challenge.  There are ups and downs along the long road - but it feels like there's a good buzz this year with it being "real" for the first time since FM19 - so great to have you onboard!

San Marino vs England

San Marino possession = 65%

England possession = 35%

Surely I get something for that?

Oh - the score.  Yeah - pretty true to real life - we lost 10-0 - but given we were 9-0 down at half time, I consider myself very, very fortunate!!

acheivements updated to here.

End of 1st season - promoted!

image.thumb.png.eae89fd1ae1b81274cbb23ce398c62ef.png

Raiding the academy for their best prospects, too

image.thumb.png.183e193a03c9c867317d32173a10ea77.png

Edit: I did restart, and not managing the NT at the moment- feels pointless when the players are so bad.

Edited by 6499red

41 minutes ago, Handyfernandy said:

Anyone same with me? Emiliano Pedrazzini change nationality to Sammarine citizen when he only play for 2 season for Victor San Marino. Bug isn't?

Yes, 100% a bug - Sammarinese citizenship takes 30 years!  Are you using claassen's database?  It could be FM, but I would lean towards it being the file you're using...

4 minutes ago, duesouth said:

Yes, 100% a bug - Sammarinese citizenship takes 30 years!  Are you using claassen's database?  It could be FM, but I would lean towards it being the file you're using...

yes i use claassen file for san marino league and italy 5 division. 

Just now, Handyfernandy said:

yes i use claassen file for san marino league and italy 5 division. 

What does everyone think?  Agree not to use any that get thrown up (easy with Pedrazzini - not so much a Serie A talent 10+ seasons in)?  Or just call them up and go with the flow?

Could be FM - could be the database.  If it's FM not sure SI would fix it quickly and even if they did it might need a new save.  If it's the database - no idea where in the Editor that field lies - but, like me, I suspect most don't have the in-game editor (which you have to pay for), only the free pre-game editor.

If anyone can access the pre-game editor (I'm at work) - can they check claassen's file for the amount of time it takes to qualify to play for San Marino?  The thread below tells you where it is:

13 minutes ago, duesouth said:

What does everyone think?  Agree not to use any that get thrown up (easy with Pedrazzini - not so much a Serie A talent 10+ seasons in)?  Or just call them up and go with the flow?

Could be FM - could be the database.  If it's FM not sure SI would fix it quickly and even if they did it might need a new save.  If it's the database - no idea where in the Editor that field lies - but, like me, I suspect most don't have the in-game editor (which you have to pay for), only the free pre-game editor.

In FM 2021 i have problem too when one of three my san marino player have non eu player status. Is Bug too? 

adding screenshot from my youtube channel (FM21)

kepulauan.png

10 minutes ago, duesouth said:

If anyone can access the pre-game editor (I'm at work) - can they check claassen's file for the amount of time it takes to qualify to play for San Marino?  The thread below tells you where it is:

in the pre-game editor for fm22 it says it would take 25 years of playing, in the country continuously, to gain san marino citizenship on classen's san marino league database.

2021-11-19 (3).png

1 minute ago, north_london_fan said:

in the pre-game editor for fm22 it says it would take 25 years of playing, in the country continuously, to gain san marino citizenship on classen's san marino league database.

Thanks for checking - no idea why Pedrazzini has appeared for handyfernandy...  Anyone else had this happen - @TacticalGenius you're down the road a bit?  I'm still in season 1!

7 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

What should it be? Im on day one so i can edit and start again no problem. 

I thought it was 30 years - but 25 seems 100% fine.  If you sign a player at 15, then they'll be 40 by the time they're eligible to play for San Marino.  Looks like claassen's file is fine - so should be cool if you are using it.  This might be a weird FM one off bug... at least hope it is!  But just have to ignore them if they crop up on all our saves as everything looks good...

37 minutes ago, TacticalGenius said:

It looks as though @claassen (or FM itself) is being generous at 25 years…

Yeah, thought it was 30 years.  I've just checked the FM unedited database and that's 25 years, so claassen has left it untouched.  Zero clue why Pedrazzini is becoming eligible - checked him in the Editor and 100% Italian.  Concerning, but not sure there's much we can do about it.  I'll not pick him, or anyone else, but up to the collective if we should make this a rule or just let people do what they want.

The 5 star potential is relative to your current side. So if they're all lets say, 60PA, and you've got a couple of 80PA in there, but your Assistant Manager only has 10JPA, then theres a small chance that will be 100% accurate.

@6499red WON THE SAN MARINO CUP and QUALIFIED FOR EUROPE

End of 2021/22 San Giovanni season:

Unfortunately, I missed out on the champions playoffs - playoff on goal difference and finished the league season in 13th place.

676333949_2021-11-19(16).thumb.png.7271e86a6e3946da3c0a716fce438fb8.png

Although, we did win the San Marino cup, which meant we qualified for Europe next season and will play in the Euro Cup II.

120288813_2021-11-19(14).thumb.png.b3b7204758897eda10bc3e749b4efd1b.png1938073748_2021-11-19(15).thumb.png.e62f37adaef72cfd2eb914a5d2efcbad.png

Two kitpacks, both on a 'fantasy' sort of level, but, just to add a bit of realism.

One for San Marino Academy, and the other for the League

https://www.mediafire.com/file/27i8oluv6wm8p30/San_Marino_League.rar/file

https://www.mediafire.com/file/za8fibkpwjtnvga/San_Marino_Academy.rar/file

cosmos_h.png.efc88d0dfd0484063f95f016ad158bf9.pngvirtus_h.png.54e4ea5e1dc41ac9d7ed8f19de7afdf4.pngsanmarino_h.png.8d465b4ea35d0b41084e0944e00833c4.png

1 hour ago, robterrace said:

Two kitpacks, both on a 'fantasy' sort of level, but, just to add a bit of realism.

One for San Marino Academy, and the other for the League

https://www.mediafire.com/file/27i8oluv6wm8p30/San_Marino_League.rar/file

https://www.mediafire.com/file/za8fibkpwjtnvga/San_Marino_Academy.rar/file

cosmos_h.png.efc88d0dfd0484063f95f016ad158bf9.pngvirtus_h.png.54e4ea5e1dc41ac9d7ed8f19de7afdf4.pngsanmarino_h.png.8d465b4ea35d0b41084e0944e00833c4.png

Awesome!