FM22: Leeds United - The difficult second season

MBJ96

Leeds survived the first season back in the Premier League - and now the difficult second season awaits. 

It was a quiet summer for Bielsa, who got Junior Firpo and Dan James. Borg great players though. 

Leeds posseses a great squad with some quality players like Kalvin Phillips, Diego Llorente and Raphinha. Add to that some great youth suspects.

How are you getting on with Leeds this year? 

Starting my fourth season, finished 5th, 5th then 4th last season with a Europa League win. Playing a 4-3-3 and a 3-3-3-1 depending on who we're against. See the systems below, put together a pretty good squad, finding it a lot harder to develop players though, Joffy no where near where I want him but Bate looks very good

Screenshot 2021-10-30 at 10.01.54.png

Screenshot 2021-10-30 at 10.02.48.png

On 30/10/2021 at 11:03, Marling said:

Starting my fourth season, finished 5th, 5th then 4th last season with a Europa League win. Playing a 4-3-3 and a 3-3-3-1 depending on who we're against. See the systems below, put together a pretty good squad, finding it a lot harder to develop players though, Joffy no where near where I want him but Bate looks very good

Screenshot 2021-10-30 at 10.01.54.png

Screenshot 2021-10-30 at 10.02.48.png

That's a nice squad and I like the first formation. How has Adeyemi developed for you? I always envisaged him as more of an inside forward than a complete striker.

7 hours ago, Sysiphus said:

That's a nice squad and I like the first formation. How has Adeyemi developed for you? I always envisaged him as more of an inside forward than a complete striker.

In my head there's where I'd play him but Raph hasn't pushed for a move yet and I've not picked up another striker yet so he's been my main stay. I picked up Morata on loan to compete with him and offer some rotation but he's been pretty great especially for 12M he cost me1173819373_Screenshot2021-11-01at19_53_38.thumb.png.ea41733110324655138f186a39450e1c.png

Actually just finished Season 1. Simmed half the season, then took over Leeds in 17th, finished 12th after.

Used a very adventurous 3142 mostly that got me everything from a 6-4 win to a 1-6 loss ;) Am looking for a 5 ATB and 4 ATB tactic as alternatives, so will definitely look at the posted tactics :)

Actually used Firpo and Ayling as WCB. Only 1 Winter transfer, but a good one. Got Barco (Atlanta) for 2 mio, had 6 goals and 5 Assists in 15 matches from CM. Also bought an 18 yeal old part-english CB from Bayern, but got immediately injured). Rodrigo was actually good for me, 8 goals and 7 Assists in his last 18 matches, as was Daniel James. Harrison and Raphinha struggled as LM, tried Raphinha at both ST and CM as well. 

For season 2 have about 20 mio left (sold Koch in the Winter to Leipzig) and 30 projected after the new Budgets are set.

Looking at a couple CDM/CM for 10-15 mio: Serdar (Hertha), Seiwald (RB Salzburg), Nandez (Cagliari). 

Also looking to add another Wide CB. Mert Müldür from Sassuolo looks great for that and can play Right and Left Back as well (Either footed, too), gives me lots of flexibility potentially.

Up front really only looking for a young understudy/replacement for Bamford as that Pressing Forward/Bruiser. Darwin Nunez from Benfica might be available but his bad technicals (9 first touch ...) scare me a bit ...

To get all mentioned would have to get a few sales though.

Not opposed to selling Llorente and getting another CB (Strujk was good as well).

Edited by Marinho

• 2 weeks later...

Started again with the full game being out, turned off the first window and I've decided to try and not go overboard on wonderkids etc - trying to be realistic and use scouts or sign bargains. Llorente has left, didn't really want him to go but Newcastle gave me over £40mil so what's a man to do, they also came in for Dallas and I accepted as it was way over his value but he decided to stay. Incomings in Jan have been Swift from Reading (contract running down so cost peanuts and gives me some depth) and Callum Styles from Barnsley (training him to play LB, competition for Firpo who can also cover CM). I've decided between Koch and Cresswell we can cope without Llorente for now! I'd rather develop Cresswell and Koch is a good age already. 

366150103_Screenshot2021-11-11at19_26_19.thumb.png.2c833a9c933cda505d17e5b5e132d46c.png

Finished fifth, was in fourth going into last day but ended up fifth but I’m fairly happy with that as CL might be a step too far. Looking at another CM to compete with Rod/Klich. Don’t want to stand in Bates way but they’re both getting on a bit so would shift them if offered good fees (hopefully not both in same window tbf). 

2nd season in the books. Finished 6th, decent improvement. Found way more defensive stability after the half way point but struggled offensively (also had a few injuries), now looking to balance things better season 3.

Season 2 INs:

Nahitan Nandez (Cagliari), who i originally bought to mainly play RWB/RM but who ended up doing a very nice job as a Mezzala after switching tactics.

Patrick Berg (Bodo Glimt), just a solid DMC/CM option to back up Phillips.

Julian Alvarez (River), ended up as my leading scorer and can play pretty much every role in every attacking spot. Good technical attributes but also good physically and in terms of work rate/mentals. Highly recommended.

Eric Garcia (Barca), made some great plays going forward but lack of physicality also noticeable on some plays. Much lower Average Rating than Struijk (or his backup Marton Dardai), so i might not be overly depressed if a team triggers the 65 mio € release clause ;)

Victor Kristiansen (Kopenhagen), meant to be a starter already but took a bit of backseat for now when switching to 4 ATB (Was using Firpo as WCB before that) though arguably already better than Firpo going forward.

Still kept the majority of the original Squad as i don't like to fire sale from the off, did sell Llorente when Juventus came knocking, Klich in the Winter who lost his Playing Time to Bogusz.

Going Forward i do have a pretty big Budget at 75 mio (though some might be needed for wages going up on contract renewals) and will have a mini-clearout. Rodrigo I will definitely try to move on (i actually like him but not worth the salary and injury prone for me) and with Real Madrid interested in Stuart Dallas i'll enable what would be a dream move. Am on the fence regarding James, whome i like as a player type but who just didn't produce in 442/4411, though the planned switch to 4231 might benefit him (though given his horrid posession stats and terrible missed shots i doubt it). Also pulling the plug on Shackleton, just not what i look for at RB or CM.

So will look to bring in quite few players, especially with a small Squad already and European Football added. Do want to give a few chances to guys like Bogusz, Greenwood/Gelhardt and Bate.

Started a Leeds save, had quite an enjoyable save back on FM19 with them (I think!) and avoided them over the last couple of editions. For some reason I wanted to keep the Argentinian revival going so I've gone with a randomly named Argentinian manager and have brought in some fellow Argie backroom staff. Squad looks decent to start off with and some of the youngsters look like they could develop nicely especially Drameh and Gelhardt. The only real issue with the squad imo was lack of depth in the CM area as I had sold Adam Forshaw. I've brought in 5 players in total.

Cristian Pavon - £5m

Julian Alvarez - £5m - Sent back on loan to River Plate until June 2022

Thiago Almada - £9.5m

Nicolas Dominguez - £15m

Tyler Adams - £17.5m

I decided to sell Rodrigo to raise some funds and get his £100k per week off the books and I got £23.5m for him. Forshaw also went to Celtic for £750k. Loaned out some of the youngsters in the U23 squad to get some game time in the EFL. 

Haven't played any games yet in the League but will hopefully update around January time. 

So just finished the window for season 2, transfers below. I let Victor make bids for first team players (with me negotiating the contracts etc) so he picked up Vera and Mads, the other two were me.

1096588508_Screenshot2021-11-12at21_26_52.thumb.png.7caa39a66d1e18765754ac8cb4a984fe.png

So this my first 11 so far this season, Vera or Bate will take over from Klich before the seasons out hopefully

960187661_Screenshot2021-11-12at21_28_14.thumb.png.770aa8d1bb245aec63789c760e27e9b0.png

13 hours ago, Marling said:

So just finished the window for season 2, transfers below. I let Victor make bids for first team players (with me negotiating the contracts etc) so he picked up Vera and Mads, the other two were me.

1096588508_Screenshot2021-11-12at21_26_52.thumb.png.7caa39a66d1e18765754ac8cb4a984fe.png

So this my first 11 so far this season, Vera or Bate will take over from Klich before the seasons out hopefully

960187661_Screenshot2021-11-12at21_28_14.thumb.png.770aa8d1bb245aec63789c760e27e9b0.png

Sounds like it's going well! Can I ask where you got the facepack from? Really like whatever one you're using! 

Jan update - just had the World Cup, congrats KP on winning it. Let Victor make some bids again in Jan, was mainly about getting the youth teams up a level and adding some depth tbh. Victor picked up Osame Sahraoui who has 4 gold stars and 1 silver potential so happy days, the rest were me picking up some prospects my scouts picked up on. 

2010063201_Screenshot2021-11-13at15_52_34.thumb.png.c6bce74e52512930a2c85252e2cfbd7a.png

In terms of the first team, Klich has been phased out now as Vera who Victor signed in the summer is just better, long term I see Vera taking KPs role and Bate for that role but in the mean time this will do. Chalobah isn't as good on paper as Koch but performs better so him and Pascal have formed my back 2.

533057829_Screenshot2021-11-13at15_55_06.thumb.png.470309a1b55d836b36c0348f55c33050.png

Reached January in my first season, sitting in 7th but it has been a struggle for consistency. I turned down a £35m bid for Llorente from Newcastle at the end of the Summer window but his performances have been a bit hit and miss for me so may look to cash in next summer if I can get similar money. Got Kamara coming on a free next summer from Marseille. I've accepted a bid from Newcastle for Luke Ayling, couldn't turn down £22.5m for a 30yo! but he hasn't agreed to the move as of yet. Raphinha is a beast! Just aiming to finish 10th or higher this season.

1 hour ago, CKMK32 said:

Found this quite amusing on my Newcastle save.

FB7E4AA2-D558-4CFD-8295-EC7EDE992089.jpeg

Funny you should say that, here are my transfers in the 23/24 summer window:

LeedsTransfers23total.png.ad33c04fee6a7a4d186c33cd9d420c06.png

Dallas has started the first 2 league matches for Real as well ;)

As for the INs: Had to pull the trigger on Smith Rowe, who was barely playing for Arsenal. Biraghi here to tide over till Kristiansen takes over that spot full time. Turnbull i just find an interesting project and was happy to be a squad player, same goes for Barak who has looked great so far (Alvarez only just made his season debut in the 5th league match after being injured) and is just unique: 1,90 tall, strong and good in the air but also technically very good and can play ST/AMC/CM. Grabara is a GK to serve as Backup with Klaeson on loan, would be a great shout as a starter for anybody a notch below Leeds level as well. Pretty athletic, good Reflexes (15) and decent distribution.

Also sold Shackleton.

No takers for Rodrigo and he regressed quite a bit, likely partly due to having 3 longish injury spells last season ... Maybe now a player or two too many, though with Europa league fixtures should be alright. Was going to get Bate in the team but Bogusz just fits better, so i loaned Bate out again. Drameh looks alright actually, going to give him an honest shot at taking over at RB eventually. Gelhard and Greenwood i just didn't really see enough to justify not getting someone like Barak ... Loaned out Greenwood, Gelhardt will get some games eventually.

Cresswell also on loan for 1 more season but develops alright.

Here's how i line up ideally, though also have a 4141 and a 4231 lined up and rotate quite a bit. 

LeedsTaktik1.thumb.PNG.cf6d974dd8381d63a9c621cdc48078b6.PNG

Edited by Marinho

Finished 5th and won FA Cup, Rod only has a year left on his deal and I tried to shift him but he got upset and wouldn't go to West Ham so I've ended up shipping him out on loan and looks like I'll get no fee for him now sadly! Deadline day Toon offered 30 mil for Bamford and I couldn't turn it down so I managed to replace him with Vlahovic. Victor signed Alcaraz to play the Rod role, only 20 but playing really well so far. Firpo also went as Aleti offered 30mil for him, so Ait-Nouri at Wolves came in as he was on transfer list. So a big summer, some of it forced by the bids I got really. 

2096089410_Screenshot2021-11-15at10_14_38.thumb.png.a90941c887e8b0a73e83639d17cea7c1.png

Current line up

431856796_Screenshot2021-11-15at10_15_27.thumb.png.a6559ec16f4f50da21e450ddcf94dcab.png

Hi Marling,

Good to see you doing well with the mighty Leeds :D

How are you finding it with the players's condition with playing such a high and aggressive press? I'm struggling with mine and I'm not even using the much more often press and trying to game manage with using standard press for some of the game. I'm very early in my save so not bought anyone in yet so using pretty much the team Bielsa is using so most of the players have pretty good stamina / natural fitness ratings.

3 hours ago, gibson147 said:

Hi Marling,

Good to see you doing well with the mighty Leeds :D

How are you finding it with the players's condition with playing such a high and aggressive press? I'm struggling with mine and I'm not even using the much more often press and trying to game manage with using standard press for some of the game. I'm very early in my save so not bought anyone in yet so using pretty much the team Bielsa is using so most of the players have pretty good stamina / natural fitness ratings.

I've got a second mentality for holding onto the ball and playing slower which I switch to when I either go a couple up or I'm about 60 mins in, sometimes if I'm not winning I have to stick with my high intensity one and I've noticed a few injuries when that happens. Here's a pic of my lower intensity style 502654666_Screenshot2021-11-15at15_35_46.thumb.png.703ec0bfc6c234af768f97686624f4cc.pngI've

Hello, started my yearly save with the mighty Leeds

Season 21/22

Finished my 1st season in a decent 6th on 71 points to qualify for Euro Cup, lost on the last game of the season against Chelsea otherwise would have sneeked into the Champions League.  Llorente and Struijk are fantastic in defence, as they should be in real life. Struijk is a beast220872576_20-21PremLeague.jpg.5280fa94c7b6b2e654af309f5b244081.jpg

FA Cup - Knocked out in the 4th round by Liverpool

League Cup - Knocked out by Palace in the 3rd round

Had quite a quiet transfer in the transfer market

Transfers In

Thiago Almada £8m - My go to guy in last year FM21, only 20 years old and chipped in with 21 goals in 41 games (Aparantly he wants to play for Bielsa in real life too)

Filip Benkovic - £1.5 - Brought him in as cover for the CB role, then realised I had no spaces left in my 25 man squad and that I actually preferred Cresswell to him

Transfers Out

Sent the likes of Roberts, Jenkins, Kenneh, McKinstry, Greenwood all out on loan and sold off a few of the u23's who werent promising for a total of £825k

Season 22/23

Only 3 games into this current season, so too early to report back much, promoted Jack Jenkins to the first team squad as he had a really good loan spell the season before and looks like hes ready for his chance, plus hes worth £23 million without kicking a ball, so must be a promising player in there and if not then could get decent money for him. Gelhardt & Dramah in the squad too, Summerville on a season long loan.

Trying to sell Dan James but no one is interested and he just doesnt perform when given the chance. Got two very promising 16 year old regens come through, a midfielder worth £1 millon and a left full back whoose worth £3 million. Will try and get them a 6 month loan when possible but I've had 20 clubs chasing them already for a permanent move

Bit busier in this transfer window for in and outs

Transfers In

Manor Solemon - Shakhtar - £35 million - My scouts and Orta highly rated this guy, so he's in to provide competition to Harrison on that left wing

Josh Doig - Hibs - £7.5 million - Again for competition & cover for Firpo

A Schjelderup - FC Nordsjalland - £8 million - 18 year old left winger, one for the future - Currently on loan with Fenerbache

S Esposito - Inter Milan - £13 million - 20 year goal scoring machine, currently 4 goals in 3 league games. Had him on my Leeds save on FM 21 and he was immense

Transfers Out -

Rodrigo - Everton - £16 million

Costa - Olympiacos - £4.7 million

Sam Greenwood - Newcastle - £6 million

Cooper - Bournemouth - £1.1 million

Filip Benkovic - Besiktas - £1.4 million

Kiko - £525k

Let go a few more of the u23's who arent promising enough for a total of around £500k

On 11/11/2021 at 19:31, Marling said:

Started again with the full game being out, turned off the first window and I've decided to try and not go overboard on wonderkids etc - trying to be realistic and use scouts or sign bargains. Llorente has left, didn't really want him to go but Newcastle gave me over £40mil so what's a man to do, they also came in for Dallas and I accepted as it was way over his value but he decided to stay. Incomings in Jan have been Swift from Reading (contract running down so cost peanuts and gives me some depth) and Callum Styles from Barnsley (training him to play LB, competition for Firpo who can also cover CM). I've decided between Koch and Cresswell we can cope without Llorente for now! I'd rather develop Cresswell and Koch is a good age already. 

366150103_Screenshot2021-11-11at19_26_19.thumb.png.2c833a9c933cda505d17e5b5e132d46c.png

Hey - what skin are you using for the faces on the tactic pitch please?

Tonight I started a game with them to test a tactic. Then I started retraining all their players in different positions.

Start of second season and the squad is absurd lol..

Phillips, Dallas and Firpo can now play CD.
Koch can play DL
Llorente can play DR
Roberts, Llorente, Dallas, Ayling and Shackleton can play DM.
Rodrigo, Gelhardt and Bamford can play MC.
Raphinha, Roberts, Klich, Harrison and James can play ST.

1723971904_Screenshot2021-11-29at02_27_08.thumb.png.84a6d26d3cef3699a1535a9c19bf974d.png

1965526015_Screenshot2021-11-29at02_28_03.thumb.png.524a59c9bc9511f7e45fc23335cc6a76.png

Ah, what a normal starting lineup I can now use...

185387985_Screenshot2021-11-29at02_33_57.thumb.png.8d2eafc2196e0ff8ea2cf540ef931374.png

^^^
That dumb lineup has beaten Blackpool, Sociedad, Norwich, Spartak Trnava (ECL), Portsmouth by a score of 18-1 lol

Edited by lckyby

End of season one. Fairly content with our third place in the table but to be honest i think we had a lot of luck in many games. As you can see two of our top performers this season were our two goalies and that is not a coincidence, they saved us in a lot of games. Looking into the next season I will do a few adjustments to our tactic, hopefully this will turn out well and make us contenders in both the Premier League and CL.

432550704_leedspl.thumb.png.7e1fea21a003afd6eaa4ee4e726fac4e.png729483466_leedsstats.thumb.png.fa1369a1a203e8d85cdfc8ba963e4f10.png

2 hours ago, sjokas said:

End of season one. Fairly content with our third place in the table but to be honest i think we had a lot of luck in many games. As you can see two of our top performers this season were our two goalies and that is not a coincidence, they saved us in a lot of games. Looking into the next season I will do a few adjustments to our tactic, hopefully this will turn out well and make us contenders in both the Premier League and CL.

432550704_leedspl.thumb.png.7e1fea21a003afd6eaa4ee4e726fac4e.png729483466_leedsstats.thumb.png.fa1369a1a203e8d85cdfc8ba963e4f10.png

Thorsby! whenever I see him in game, he is quintessentially a Leeds player in my eyes, good to see you bringing him in

• 2 weeks later...

Started a Leeds game and doing reasonably well at the moment. I ended the first season in 8th, missing out on 7th placed Europe on the last day as I lost 3:1 to Villa and Wolves leapfrogged me. Lost Llorente, Klich, Raphinha and Rodrigo to Newcastle in January for a combined £166m, which then coincided with a 5 game losing streak before things turned around and never really truly recovered good form from then on. I've settled on this formation, with a few tweaks this season. First game it paid off with a 3:1 win at home to Man U.

20211219215431_1.thumb.jpg.bb885b47dbcd04ec8aab06e52d72e76f.jpg

Really struggling to get Bamford to shine though. He scored 6 in 27(5) last season, albeit for half the season he had switch positions on with Rodrigo as the SS(A). Roberts did far better, coming in towards the end of the season and scoring 9 and assisting 5 in 15(7) games, most of which were from the PF(A) position. Tactic was subtle different until the end of the season, with the SS(A) sometimes a T(A) and right IW(S) was AP(S) when I still had Raphinha. Bamford gets lots of chances on the highlights, but misses an awful lot. I know his composure ain't great at 11, but with 16 finishing, I thought he'd do better. I can't seem to find his xG from last season to compare unfortunately though.

I have started a Leeds save over the last few days and am really enjoying it. I knew they had some good talent and youngsters but I was surprised by how much. They have everything I look for in a team, a solid first XI with a number of high potential youngsters. With this in mind, I set about creating my tactic and deciding who I wanted to keep around. After this I got rid of some squad players/high earners which I didn't particularly want to keep/ couldn't keep.

Players OUT

341715445_Out1.png.0ee11a5d857357e7c045bd624858a0cb.png

2144632400_Out2.png.6f9261fcc2b5348231b297a332ee8caa.png

Players IN

424630799_Mine1.png.a8df5930db49e73e4ff845e3b0b65fac.png

968991977_Mine2.png.f9931d1f81e6c704996258cbf71e8071.png

So I had not planned to do some much business out and in, but when Newcastle came in with a couple of big offers I couldn't turn it down. I initially got rid of Klich and Cooper to fund the move for Angel Gomes as I had no AMC and he was someone who could come straight into the team and have an effect and also be happy not playing every game. I targeted Branthwaite and Thomas very early as I knew I could get both on loan and similarly to Gomes, they wouldn't expect to play every game but would be good players for us. Bursik was brough in to be my back up keeper who can play in the cups. With Llorente and Rodrigo both get good bids from Newcastle I couldn't turn them down, especially 2 ageing players who I would look to phase out soon. I then went about building up the academy as that is part of the culture of the club and targets for the future. I signed a number of young players for minimal fees who could come into the 18's and have decent potential and hopefully win something together. With lots of money left over and feeling a bit light at CB I decided to spent a large fee on Baptiste.

So after all the business was done, this is what the team looks like.

I decided I am going to rotate between a 4-3-3 with a CDM and a 4-2-3-1 with an AMC.

With the teams looking like this:

4-3-3 CDM

Meslier

Ayling        Cresswell           Struijk      Firpo

Phillips

Shackleton           Dallas

Rafinha                                          Harrison

Bamford

4-2-3-1 AMC

Meslier

Ayling        Cresswell           Struijk      Firpo

Phillips      Dallas

Rafinha                   Gomes                 Harrison

Bamford

Subs

Bursik
Drameh
Branthwaite
Thomas
Shackleton/Gomes
Bate
Jenkins
James
Greenwood
Gelhardt
McKinstry
McGurk

Bench will be a mixture of these players who all have huge potential and decent ability already to make an impact. Similar with the under 18 signings who can all develop. This bench will be available for the under 23's most of the time so they can all play and develop together and hopefully win some games.

956656732_PreSeason.thumb.png.e25329ffee8a4a05d82db1b67d24cec5.png

A really busy but successful pre-season, lots of games across all the teams. Minutes for lots of players. I am looking forward to seeing how we can progress. The clubs aim is to finish top half, I think we can aim for Top 8, maybe a Europa place if we keep players fit all season.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, macca72 said:

Is Max Dean in the game this year? could anyone please share a screenshot :)

Thanks

5QYZnnl.png

I think the youth we have is stronger than in previous years in game... there are a dozen or so really strong candidates not that far from the first team tbh...

• 4 weeks later...

Started fresh again with the latest update, first season finished 6th, Chelsea came in for Rapha and spent just over 80 mil on him so I've used that money. Also Arsenal came in for Rodrigo, I would of kept him but he was on a lot and I got a good price. 1452829833_Screenshot2022-04-02at10_32_00.thumb.png.e1f473c8dac4b0d30c59a6ec4ec35a9e.pngThis is how we're lining up at the moment.

Into season 3, season 2 ended with us in 5th and losing the Europa league final, ran out of steam a bit sadly. Been making a good profit on transfers - Koch and Batshuayi were the big two out this summer. Mavididi came in to replace Bats at £32mil which is the most I've spent so far - it was deadline day when Bats went so I paid his release to Norwich as I wanted someone homegrown and versatile. Yeison Guzman came in for a million (a bargain) as well. Also picked up after my previous update Bennacer who was transfer listed for £7.5mil in Jan, and Sevcik from Prague for £7.5mil to add depth and experience. Here's how we're lining up in our two systems:

1502000157_Screenshot2022-04-05at18_52_37.thumb.png.84ecbfdb536a669475ef78ce2895fb6e.png

723120997_Screenshot2022-04-05at18_52_55.thumb.png.badf99b7f6df88a39c3fac6618d4f62e.png

• 3 weeks later...

What a season!!

Premier League
Ended the season as number four with 75 points. I managed to beat Liverpool both home and away – and also winning at Etihad.

FA Cup
Won the final against Manchester City. Was down 0-3 after 30 minutes, but managed to get back and won on penalties. Crazy performance and a deserved win.

Carabao Cup
Lost my first game against Huddersfield. My tactic was still not working so well at this time.

Player performances
Patrick Bamford was amazing scoring 29 goals and making seven assists.
Raphinha was fantastic as well. Goals and assists, but also a great pressing player.
Daniel James started the season as backup to Jack Harrison, but he took the place as left winger and did very good.

Transfers
Started without transferbudget. Sold Rodrigo in January, when Newcastle showed interest. They paid £40m for a 30 year old player, who was playing great though.
Charlie Cresswell and Tyler Roberts was sold in January as well. Generated almost £10m.
Bought Bremer (£25m) and Sebastian Szymanski (£27m) in January, and they both did very well.

FA Cup-finale.PNG

Statistik.PNG

Stilling.PNG

• 3 months later...

Just started with Leeds using Pr0’s update. Had fantastic Leeds saves on FM19 & 20 and way back in 05 too so looking forward to this. 
First glance the squad looks ok but there are some obvious areas to improve and a couple of obvious sales. 

out have gone Kiko Casilla for £1m and Helder Costa for £3.5m. 

incoming we have:

Predrag Rajkovic for £4.5m. I wanted a more experienced back up keeper and he should do the job. 
Borna Sosa for £5.5m from Stuttgart. LB was an obvious need and he looks good. 
Ayoze Perez for £12m plus some add ons due to appearances and goals. I like his ability to play anywhere in the front 4. 
Tyrese Campbell for £10m rising to £15m if he plays and scores lots. Really wasn’t sure if we needed him or whether to trust in Gelhardt/Greenwood to back up Bamford but have taken a risk and will probably loan out Greenwood. I wanted a more proven scorer to compete with Bamford but there was no one available in budget. 

we’ll mainly play a 4231 but also have a 343 counter ready for tougher games. 

This is how the squad looks:

GK - Meslier/Rajkovic

DR - Kristensen/Ayling

DC - Llorente/Koch

DC - Struijk/Cooper

DL - Sosa/Firpo

MC - Roca/Forshaw

MC - Adams/Klich

AMR - Rodrigo/James

AMC - Aaronsen/Ayoze

AML - Harrison/Sinisterra

ST - Bamford/Campbell/Gelhardt

Utility - Dallas and Shackleton

Was certain I was gonna ditch Rodrigo and his crazy wages but he was stellar in pre season so gets a chance to stay and play. 

We start the season away to Southampton and home to Spurs followed by Walsall away in the Carabao. Spurs will be tough but if we can get a win at Saints and progress in the CC I’ll be happy with that start. 

• 1 year later...

Hola

After 3 years off, due to the demise of FM Touch, I've pre-ordered the console version for FM24 to see if I can get back on board with the game, especially given the players we have and the potential they've got - could be a vintage version for us.

Anyone got any insight from FM23 to share?