FM 22 - The Team We Will All Pick…Player Advice

TheJock83

Yup, £200m to spend with a mid table Prem team.

Going with a 343 - need some advice on a left sided BPD with pace, got Kounde from Seville, Weigl as Libero, so need the 3rd to round it off. A few deals about to go through, but some help filling the gaps:

Pope

Kounde     Wiegl     ???

???WBR                           Digne

Ruben Neves Willock

Zivkovic                   Saint Maximin

Calvert-Lewin

That right winger is bugging me too - ideally want someone more central as a goal threat, but Isco says no, Coutinho says no and my scouts aren’t finding anything.

DC (left); Possibly not immediately after his transfer but Piero Hincapie? Nico Schlotterbeck?

AMR: Perhaps use ASM there and try for Luis Diaz (FC Porto) as AML? Ryan Kent can play both wings and is English. Carlos Soler (can play central midfield too), Mikel Oyarzabel? Raphinha? 

AMC: If available and affordable Donny van de Beek? Guus Til? Evander? Matheus Nunes? James Maddison? ex-Chelsea man Oscar?

DR: Hugo Siquet? Malo Gusto? Giovanni Di Lorenzo? 

Just a few names off the top of my head.

On 28/10/2021 at 23:20, TheJock83 said:

Going with a 343 - need some advice on a left sided BPD with pace, got Kounde from Seville, Weigl as Libero, so need the 3rd to round it off. A few deals about to go through, but some help filling the gaps:

Pope

Kounde     Wiegl     ???

Ruben Neves Willock

Calvert-Lewin

That right winger is bugging me too - ideally want someone more central as a goal threat, but Isco says no, Coutinho says no and my scouts aren’t finding anything.

Gone with Trippier at RWB and Dele at AMC.  Digne did his ACL so have withdrawn from that and got Ryan Sessegnon on loan.

After all that, got 12m and 70k left on the budgets for a LCB.  Thought I had Akanji but he signed a new deal at Dortmund, and his agent told me “it was a no brainer to choose Dortmund over Newcastle.” 🙃

7 hours ago, TheJock83 said:

Gone with Trippier at RWB and Dele at AMC.  Digne did his ACL so have withdrawn from that and got Ryan Sessegnon on loan.

After all that, got 12m and 70k left on the budgets for a LCB.  Thought I had Akanji but he signed a new deal at Dortmund, and his agent told me “it was a no brainer to choose Dortmund over Newcastle.” 🙃

Zagadou from Dortmund? He's left footed too.

On 28/10/2021 at 23:20, TheJock83 said:

Pope

Kounde     Wiegl     ???

Ruben Neves Willock

Calvert-Lewin

Would be really interested to see your transfer ins and outs if you don’t mind sharing?

Were many of the ins spread over instalments or just up front?

Thank you!

I'm enjoying using Newcastle in the beta. Might use them when the full game comes out until I get used to the ME and eventually start my Spurs save. Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Kieran Trippier are must buys, in my opinion. They are unstoppable at the moment. Attached some screenshots. Not shown: Bought Dendoncker (33m) and Dest (41m). Trippier is keeping Dest on the bench right now.

2nd place right now, near the end of October. The highlight has been a 5-1 win at Chelsea in the 2nd game of the seaon.

transfers.JPG

DCL.JPG

KT.JPG

chelsea match.JPG

Edited by Come_On_You_Spurs

31 minutes ago, ThePigeon85 said:

A third of the way through the season... top of the league with Newcastle having made some cracking signings including Fati, Vlahovic, Goncalves, Madueke, Bissouma and Sule.

image.thumb.png.c40f594c0a5ff5df517b3bde6142982c.png

image.thumb.png.80f32e58ef2bfbbc1a4da6cd400bc3b5.pngimage.thumb.png.ecfcb0a3c13131f2fb84ff8f9770cb48.png

image.png.71dcad164b07a03ec3e85bc1cad6791a.png

What formation are you using here? Cracking start that 👍🏻

11 hours ago, Langhy101 said:

What formation are you using here? Cracking start that 👍🏻

These days I'm pretty much plug and play, due to time constraints. So I used a Knap tactic... Paris 4231

Dubravka

Chambers - Sule - Zagadou - Lewis

Ceballos - Bissouma

Madueke - Goncalves - Fati 

Vlahovic

I've had a £15m bid accepted to bring in Bentancur in January as well... think he'll do a better job in the DLP role than Bissouma as his 'run with the ball' trait is causing some issues in that position.

2 minutes ago, ThePigeon85 said:

These days I'm pretty much plug and play, due to time constraints. So I used a Knap tactic... Paris 4231

Dubravka

Chambers - Sule - Zagadou - Lewis

Ceballos - Bissouma

Madueke - Goncalves - Fati 

Vlahovic

I've had a £15m bid accepted to bring in Bentancur in January as well... think he'll do a better job in the DLP role than Bissouma as his 'run with the ball' trait is causing some issues in that position.

Yeah In the same boat really. Only just downloaded the beta so looking for something to get me going. Thanks for the link I’ll take a look.

Squad is looking great and Bentancur, providing he’s still similar to older versions will be a great buy. I’ll keep my eye out to see how he fairs for you. Good luck!

9 minutes ago, Langhy101 said:

Yeah In the same boat really. Only just downloaded the beta so looking for something to get me going. Thanks for the link I’ll take a look.

Squad is looking great and Bentancur, providing he’s still similar to older versions will be a great buy. I’ll keep my eye out to see how he fairs for you. Good luck!

Cheers mate. Good luck with yours. It's a fun save... doubt I'll win the league but should get top 4, then hopefully get another £100m+ to spend to go for the title and a good shot at the CL latter stages. Goncalves has been superb in the support striker role, and Zagadou has 6 goals from centre-back, he's a monster. Madueke really developing well, estimated value is now around £140m.

One thing I should have done is tied down Longstaff on a long term deal... he's probably leaving me for free as he's unhappy with game time and doesn't want to sign a new contract, his expires at the end of the season. Only option is to try and get £1.5m for him in Jan. But I wish I'd renewed as he could have stayed for the homegrown quota or sold for £15m plus.

23 hours ago, ThePigeon85 said:

Cheers mate. Good luck with yours. It's a fun save... doubt I'll win the league but should get top 4, then hopefully get another £100m+ to spend to go for the title and a good shot at the CL latter stages. Goncalves has been superb in the support striker role, and Zagadou has 6 goals from centre-back, he's a monster. Madueke really developing well, estimated value is now around £140m.

One thing I should have done is tied down Longstaff on a long term deal... he's probably leaving me for free as he's unhappy with game time and doesn't want to sign a new contract, his expires at the end of the season. Only option is to try and get £1.5m for him in Jan. But I wish I'd renewed as he could have stayed for the homegrown quota or sold for £15m plus.

Thanks :) I managed to get through pre season in good time, yet work slowed me down so only managed the odd few fixtures. Ended up going with wide centre backs so a different formation from yourself but seems to have worked well thus far. Will hopefully get an update posted soon.

Edited by Langhy101

Quite an enjoyable start to the season over here. Let's just ignore the Burnley result though :) 

Transfers - Six British and four none British players through the door, something I wanted to keep a balance of. Lacroix and Mukiele have been superb at the back, as has Madueke up front training him in the advanced forward role. Longstaff signed on a long term deal thanks to @ThePigeon85

Formation - Plug and play knap tactic due to time constraints. The visual below I would consider my strongest XI, however during the easier games I tend to play Gomes or Edwards as a Mezzala on attack. 

1534885626_Screenshot2021-11-02at12_17_41.png.0e5502065375c501787036ffb4b31569.png

1231890855_Screenshot2021-11-02at00_15_50.png.894c8648bb6f3fc94f0f7a9a89c242aa.png

1986005822_Screenshot2021-11-02at00_16_19.png.64f3001c1ff6ec8be7d7a804ce0afa5f.png

921730691_Screenshot2021-11-02at00_18_15.png.5ba154f330a947712ad9e4107460c3b7.png

Edited by Langhy101

At work at the moment, can't post screenshots due to this, but am really enjoying Newcastle on the Beta. I have well over-spent the £200m in the first season, I think my transfers totalled about £450m - done through installments.

GKS: Pope & Vandevoort (these rotate, don't have a fixed number 1 as I want to give game time to Vandevoort)

DR: Max Aarons

DL: Luke Thomas (Loan - option to buy for £30m)

DC: Badiashile

DC: Inacio

MC: Skipp

MC: Bellingham

AMR: Saka

AMC: Wirtz

AML: Rodrygo (Loan - option to buy for £35m)

SC: Calvert-Lewin & Isak (again, no 'first' choice, they have both been excellent)

I also have Rrahmani as another central defender and have just signed Ceballos from Madrid for £1.3m.

I have deals lined up for Rovella and Ampadu to come in at the end of the first season. I have spent a stupid amount of money, but when you look down the team it averages about 19-20 years old if Pope doesn't play. Skipp and Bellingham have been excellent, Saka has disappointed a little.

I am currently 3rd, mid way through January on the first season.

5 hours ago, davehanson said:

At work at the moment, can't post screenshots due to this, but am really enjoying Newcastle on the Beta. I have well over-spent the £200m in the first season, I think my transfers totalled about £450m - done through installments.

GKS: Pope & Vandevoort (these rotate, don't have a fixed number 1 as I want to give game time to Vandevoort)

DR: Max Aarons

DL: Luke Thomas (Loan - option to buy for £30m)

DC: Badiashile

DC: Inacio

MC: Skipp

MC: Bellingham

AMR: Saka

AMC: Wirtz

AML: Rodrygo (Loan - option to buy for £35m)

SC: Calvert-Lewin & Isak (again, no 'first' choice, they have both been excellent)

I also have Rrahmani as another central defender and have just signed Ceballos from Madrid for £1.3m.

I have deals lined up for Rovella and Ampadu to come in at the end of the first season. I have spent a stupid amount of money, but when you look down the team it averages about 19-20 years old if Pope doesn't play. Skipp and Bellingham have been excellent, Saka has disappointed a little.

I am currently 3rd, mid way through January on the first season.

What role have you given Bellingham? I've not used him in game yet but his attributes in game don't exactly look suited to his current Dortmund role. 

Welp, transfer window closed - my line up with subs:

Pope

Kounde Weigl Sule

Trippier Lewis

Ruben Neves Willock

Dele Saint Maximin

Calvert-Lewin

Subs: Umtiti, Schär, Sessegnon, Longstaff, Shelvey, Zivkovic, Almiron, Wilson, Woodman

Squad: Lacelles, Fraser, Murphy, Hayden, Dummett.

4 games in (Beta is so sloooow on my machine, same as last year); PL W2 (4-1 v Palace away, 5-0 v Wolves home, 2-2 West Ham away) and 3-0 v Huddersfield away LC.

Kounde scored 2 on his debut, Schär scored 2 in 2 games then missed a pen in the LC to make it 3/3. The 2-2 draw v West Ham I was 2-0 up after 15 minutes.

Sule and Umtiti were deadline day signings after DoF Overmars shared some agent offers. Found it near impossible to sell players - board kept cancelling deals for Fraser to leave so I missed out on signing Lacroix before the West Ham game.

Gonna wait for the full game next week to continue - game is too slow in beta for me, so this international break could take days.

Gone for a traditional 4-3-3 for first season, will transition to a 5-2-1-2 for season two. My current transfers:
1113088118_NewcastleUnited_TransferHistory-2.thumb.png.7704776d3c4defc9fde3b4a8a7a61fea.png

Defense is pretty much set, will probably get a young CB for cup games / backup for next season. Maybe a wonderkid as backup for Trippier. Right now Nianzou has been trained to do a decent job at RB and Gvardiol the same on the left, so I'm managing the game time between Lascelles, Paulista, Gvardiol and Nianzou pretty well. Will need to get a good AMC and get rid of some of the wingers in the squad for next season. My biggest problem seems to be to get rid of players. Practically giving them away to get rid of the wages, still clubs don't really seem to bite much.

Current team / tactics:

1956382996_NewcastleUnited_Overview.thumb.png.4a20795207a1b66d22bf81336b999b4a.png

Next seasons team (so far) and tactics (might change both WCB to support, not sure yet):

731793635_NewcastleUnited_Overview-2.thumb.png.6abaa3852056ae7692b6a71db1c9399f.png

Champions in our first season, in the end it was comfortable! Won 19 league games on the spin from January to May. We were 3-0 up at City on the final day before Bentancur got sent off, Bissouma got injured, and I carried on attacking with 10 men and no defensive midfielder... oops. But didn't really matter as it was a dead rubber.

Vlahovic with 40 Premier League goals proved to be a masterful signing. Biggest disappointment was probably Ansu Fati with a 6.75 average rating, his stats are insane but just couldn't get him going.

For season 2, need a quality goalkeeper, another quality centre half, probably two full-backs, and a midfield general. Also lining up Moukouko from Dortmund as his contract ends in a year and think I'll get him for a cut price £30m. Also got Arezo coming back from year on loan where he's developed into a boss. Still a teenager, signed for just a ridiculous £1.5m, and he looks immense. Work permit now granted so we'll get him integrated into the squad.

TOON TOON BLACK AND WHITE ARMY

image.png.535cf9afb81b810acb06a240e3216e20.png

image.thumb.png.5eadd239ea4164c49b7d09a925ddbfe7.png

image.thumb.png.780f1f21c9b474cf5b21ac4a9efb588b.png

image.thumb.png.4b94f78597ec0c2ee37266bfec0b4309.png

1 hour ago, ThePigeon85 said:

Champions in our first season, in the end it was comfortable! Won 19 league games on the spin from January to May. We were 3-0 up at City on the final day before Bentancur got sent off, Bissouma got injured, and I carried on attacking with 10 men and no defensive midfielder... oops. But didn't really matter as it was a dead rubber.

Vlahovic with 40 Premier League goals proved to be a masterful signing. Biggest disappointment was probably Ansu Fati with a 6.75 average rating, his stats are insane but just couldn't get him going.

For season 2, need a quality goalkeeper, another quality centre half, probably two full-backs, and a midfield general. Also lining up Moukouko from Dortmund as his contract ends in a year and think I'll get him for a cut price £30m. Also got Arezo coming back from year on loan where he's developed into a boss. Still a teenager, signed for just a ridiculous £1.5m, and he looks immense. Work permit now granted so we'll get him integrated into the squad.

TOON TOON BLACK AND WHITE ARMY

image.png.535cf9afb81b810acb06a240e3216e20.png

image.thumb.png.5eadd239ea4164c49b7d09a925ddbfe7.png

image.thumb.png.780f1f21c9b474cf5b21ac4a9efb588b.png

image.thumb.png.4b94f78597ec0c2ee37266bfec0b4309.png

Well done. What tactic are you using if you don't mind me asking?

8 hours ago, davehanson said:

Well done. What tactic are you using if you don't mind me asking?

Cheers. I posted it a bit higher up, it's a Knap 4231 tactic. I sometimes switch to a Knap 4132 if I'm struggling but 90% of the time it was the one posted further up the thread.