I have found in my save i am unable to set a code of conduct for my team.

I do not get an email or message at the start of the season saying to set it,  and also does not come up in my pre season team meeting with the team.

When i click code of conduct it just says "No code of conduct has been set" but no options to set it or change it. It has been like this for 3 or 4 seasons now as far as i can remember.

2 hours ago, Tony Garvey said:

hey @ImmortalWombat

What club are you?

Please upload a save (let me know the name) and I'll check it out. If you can, the best save for us would be pre-season, basically before it would / should appear

https://oc.sigames.com/owncloud/index.php/s/Kzvhd0MdU3v4Nv4

I am currently Borrusia Monchengladbach but moved from Shaktar Donetsk last season.

I am in September and the season ends in May, do you want me to still upload or wait until season end?

On 28/01/2021 at 09:48, Tony Garvey said:

hey @ImmortalWombat

What club are you?

Please upload a save (let me know the name) and I'll check it out. If you can, the best save for us would be pre-season, basically before it would / should appear

https://oc.sigames.com/owncloud/index.php/s/Kzvhd0MdU3v4Nv4

I've uploaded "Journeyman EU 1 - SI Testing V2.fm" at the start of pre season just before the pre season meeting.

Having the same issue with my current season; it's now December but I still haven't gotten the code of conduct proposal from the team (but I have gotten codes' of conduct in other saves, so it's not always a problem). In the case of my current save, I had just sold my team captain and hadn't appointed the new captain yet at the time the code of conduct would usually happen, so I think that may have been the issue in my case (as I believe the team captain is the one that presents the proposed code of conduct to you or your director of football?).

7 hours ago, woolymuffler said:

Having the same issue with my current season; it's now December but I still haven't gotten the code of conduct proposal from the team (but I have gotten codes' of conduct in other saves, so it's not always a problem). In the case of my current save, I had just sold my team captain and hadn't appointed the new captain yet at the time the code of conduct would usually happen, so I think that may have been the issue in my case (as I believe the team captain is the one that presents the proposed code of conduct to you or your director of football?).

I believe something similar happened in my save and the changing of the captain has messed with the code of conduct and now it never appears at the start of the season and wont let me make a selection for the code of conduct.

Same here, as far as I've been able to remember in my save. I believe that this also has a side-effect of making fines not working properly. Regardless of what I select in the dropdown list, I always have a "You have decided not to fine XXX for this incident". 

Do you need anything else @Tony Garvey in order to investigate on this or the bug which you've logged already contains sufficient information? 

• Administrators

Thanks for the offer folks but as far as I can see the bug has already been assigned to a member of our coding team and they haven't asked for anything further.

As soon as a fix is in myself or Tony will update accordingly. Apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime.

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/02/2021 at 16:53, Kyle Brown said:

Thanks for the offer folks but as far as I can see the bug has already been assigned to a member of our coding team and they haven't asked for anything further.

As soon as a fix is in myself or Tony will update accordingly. Apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime.

Hi Kyle, was this issue fixed in the update that was released this evening?

• Administrators
On 22/02/2021 at 22:19, ImmortalWombat said:

Hi Kyle, was this issue fixed in the update that was released this evening?

I'm afraid not, it's still with the coders but I can promise you they are actively working on it. The Monday update won't be the last of updates to come and we will hopefully have something workable out soon. Really sorry.

No problem. Thanks for the response and keep us updated! for now i will have to put up with my players shouting at me for not fining rebels!!

2 hours ago, Kyle Brown said:

I'm afraid not, it's still with the coders but I can promise you they are actively working on it. The Monday update won't be the last of updates to come and we will hopefully have something workable out soon. Really sorry.

• 3 weeks later...

I have this issue too. It seemed to happen when I joined a club pretty late during pre-season and I think the code of conduct was already decided on? But sadly it hasn’t come up since even though I’m now in my 2nd season! 

But I’m curious if this even can be fixed for current saves ?

Edited by DoubleR

• Administrators

When we have the fix ready and tested it should work for current saves. Where possible we'd always rather fix the issue without having to ask users to start over, even if it does make it a little more complicated. 

On 03/02/2021 at 14:20, jmarchand said:

Same here, as far as I've been able to remember in my save. I believe that this also has a side-effect of making fines not working properly. Regardless of what I select in the dropdown list, I always have a "You have decided not to fine XXX for this incident". 

Do you need anything else @Tony Garvey in order to investigate on this or the bug which you've logged already contains sufficient information? 

I have the exact same issue in my current Bulgarian save - never been prompted to set a code of conduct for the 12 or so seasons ive been going. And when someone get's sent off etc like @jmarchandi choose to fine them, and when i hit confirm i get the same message about "you have chosen not fine them" etc etc

On 22/03/2021 at 23:17, Lferra30 said:

Hello,

Managing Kaiserlautern have the same issue. I have lastest updates installed but still unable to change code of conduct in any ways no matter new season or anything.

Great so they didn’t fix it ...

• 3 weeks later...

I have this issue after moving from Getafe to Aston Villa after 6 years. I moved at the start of a new season but had no code of conduct option when my team meeting occurred, I cannot change the code of conduct and have had no option to do so after going into my 2nd season. 

• 1 month later...

Same issue here.Fourth season with AC MILAN changed the Vice Captain and code of contact never appeared.
The year before I changed code of contact but the changes where not implemented.
It is a very important issue and I hope to be solved soon.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Yes it does appear to be a problem related to changing clubs, albeit doesn't happen every time so there are other less frequent triggers.

Appreciate those of you who have taken the time to raise this. Whilst there are no further plans for updates for FM21, it is something our team is looking at for any future versions.

Thanks.