[FM21] - Leeds United: Back to top

sherifelgendy87

Leeds United is finally back to the premier league with a lot of hopes and expectations

With a very good team and some brilliant players, the team might be ready to do a mid-table finish or maybe more

Your best players are: Rodrigo, D.Llorente, K.Phillips (Of course) and S.Dallas

Your prospects: I.Meslier, J.Shackleton, M.Bogusz, J.Jenkins, J.Gelhardt, N.Kenneh, S.Greenwood

The team definitely needs some backup at both full back positions

With a not bad transfer budget of about $20M, you should be good. However, if you offload Koch, Alioski, Klich, Hernandez, and Pamford, you can make an extra $60M which should be really good

Share your thoughts, tactics, transfers and results and have fun playing with this great team

37 minutes ago, sherifelgendy87 said:

Leeds United is finally back to the premier league with a lot of hopes and expectations

With a very good team and some brilliant players, the team might be ready to do a mid-table finish or maybe more

Your best players are: Rodrigo, D.Llorente, K.Phillips (Of course) and S.Dallas

Your prospects: I.Meslier, J.Shackleton, M.Bogusz, J.Jenkins, J.Gelhardt, N.Kenneh, S.Greenwood

The team definitely needs some backup at both full back positions

With a not bad transfer budget of about $20M, you should be good. However, if you offload Koch, Alioski, Klich, Hernandez, and Pamford, you can make an extra $60M which should be really good

Share your thoughts, tactics, transfers and results and have fun playing with this great team

Can't understand why you'd sell any of those, especially Koch or Klich. Gone thorough half season and used the rest of your transfered players. Signed no one. Sitting in 6th. Alioski has done well at both LWB or AML, Hernandez fitting in well AMC and used Bamford there as well with Rodrigo up front. Meslier is wonderkid, first choice GK, Shackleton play in midfield, the rest not ready for the Prem

Edited by tony777

Finished sixth in the first season and fifth in the second season, Rodrigo is a goal machine. Koch was a beast at centre back, no idea why anyone would sell him.

Third season and I've got a midfield working of Phillips, Cook and Shackleton.

Dallas is a dream on this too, so good whether you play him

Haven't started yet as am waiting for FM (Touch or Classic, depending on your vintage) to come out, but have been scrounging around on youtube and other places for an indication of how I'll approach.

Kenneh, Gelhardt will be immediately promoted and get game time, in terms of transfers in will be looking for wonderkids / international quality players in...

1. Left back

2. Centre midfielder

3. Right winger

The players I'll look to sell to fund are Ayling, Bamford, Alioski, Forshaw and possibly Costa - If possible. As much as I like them all IRL, I think to move the squad up to Top 6 / Top 4 they will need to be refreshed.

Looking forward to seeing transfer activity from you guys who already have the game :thup:

Edited by macca72

On 26/11/2020 at 14:36, macca72 said:

1. Left back

2. Centre midfielder

3. Right winger

1. Jesus Gallardo from Monterrey, cheap top quality left back, or Kwadwo Asamoah on a free

2. Manuel Ugarte from Fénix, Wonderkid midfielder

3. Yusuf Demir From Rapid Vienna or Marcus Edwards from Vit. Guimaraes

All of these can be bought as Leeds United (you might have to get rid of Pablo Hernandez and Adam Forshaw to help a bit on your transfer budget), and are fairly cheap, except for Demir.

Edited by phugalu

• 5 weeks later...

This Leeds thread seemed to be slipping down the list so i decided to post my experiences and give it a boost

Just finished my first season, finishing 6th with 66 points and qualifying for the euro cup group stage

In

Anel Ahmedhodzic - DC for £3.5m (£5.5m) Bought as young backup with potential, working out very well

Davide Santon - DR/DL £3.0 (£3.7) Bought as experienced backup and did very well

Nicolo Rovella - DM/MC £1.8m (£2.3m) Bought as young backup for Phillips. did very well and getting better and better

Jack Wilshere - MC AMC/L/R  Free signing. Paying him £20k pw with good playing incentives in view of injury history. Proved a good signing with only 2 days out injured and started 17 times, 5 as sub

Thiago Almada - AMC/L/R +Str £5.25m (£8m) bought really for future and as cheap backup for Rodrigo. Took time to settle in and still needs to realise full potential

Out

Casilla £3.1m

Hernandez £1.8m (£2.3m)

Bamford Loan to Burnley with good monthly fee, 50% wages and optional buy at £14m (Bamford has never proved successful for me in previous FMs)

Forshaw loan with mandatory £1.1m buy. Tried to sell but impossible

Alioski loaned out in Jan window to end of contract

Disappointments

Rodrigo. Played him as striker but didn't prove to be good. Perhaps I was not using him correctly. Also spent 4 months out injured

Harrison. Just didn't seem that good. Also very expensive, £220k pm loan fee and £40k pw wages.  Can buy him for £10m at season end but still thinking re this. If i do buy then i will sell on straight away as he supposed to be worth £22.5m

Pleasant surprises

Gelhardt. Owing to Rodrigo injury, Almada settling in, and other young strikers out on loan, I had to use him quite a bit. He responded very well with 8 goals and 2 assists in 10 starts and 11 subs

Messlier. Very reliable in goal. Now rated very good and in full french squad. missed him when injured for 2 games and had to use backup keeper

Goals (EPL)

Raphinha - 12 goals and 12 assists from 34 starts

Costa - 9 goals and 2 assists from 25 starts

Klich - 9 goals and 4 assists from 37 starts (Mostly penalties)

Gelhardt - 8 goals and 2 assists from 10 starts

Rodrigo - 6 goals and 1 assist from 18 starts

Almada - 4 goals and 3 assists from 12 starts

Phillips - 4 goals and 9 assists from 34 starts

I am now preparing for new season (21/22) with a good striker very much on the agenda. Looking to sell Rodrigo and I am not sure that Cooper is totally up to it either

Further updates to follow

• 2 weeks later...

Season 2020-2021 Summary

Decided to start a save with Leeds after watching them play against Newcastle, Manchester United and West Brom in December and just fell in love with the style of football.

All out attack.

Anyway, just finished my first season and finished 3rd in the league, level on points with Liverpool (82pts) who finished 2nd and 5 points behind Champions Man City (87pts).

My team scored the most goals in the league with 118 and conceded the joint highest amount of goals with 82 - same as 20th place Newcastle.

Transfers

None in or out.

Pleasant surprises

Jack Harrison - gave me real balance on the left hand side of the pitch and pops up with vital assists. An old fashion winger who hugs the touch line.  Was trying so sign Daniel James from Man Utd to replace him but he doesn't want to join and could cost a fortune. More than happy to sign Harrison for £10m on a permanent deal.

Luke Ayling and Stuart Dallas - these two hard-working full backs are crucial to the way my team plays. Both reliable and solid 7/10 performers each week.

Disappointments

Helder Costa - 14 appearances, 0 goals, £16m wasted. Will look to sell in the summer. 

Goals (EPL)

Rodrigo - 38 Apps, 38 Goals and 13 Assists
Bamford - 37 Apps, 26 Goals and 14 Assists
Klich - 37 Apps, 18 Goals and 12 Assists
Raphinha - 38 Apps, 11 Goals and 11 Assists
Harrison - 29 Apps, 5 Goals and 10 Assists
Phillips- 29 Apps, 2 Goals and 8 Assists
Alioski - 30 Apps, 4 Goals and 5 Assists
Dallas - 32 Apps, 2 Goals and 7 Assists
Koch - 35 Apps, 3 Goals and 0 Assists
Llorente - 38 Apps, 3 Goals and 2 Assists
Ayling - 29 Apps, 0 Goals and 7 Assists
Meslier - 38 Apps, 80 Goals Conceded and 7 Clean Sheets

2021-2022 Summer Transfer Window and Squad Update

I will be looking to bring in a striker, a left winger, right winger, attacking midfielder, left back, and a back up goalkeeper.

Am looking to bring in a few big hitters but will mainly look to sign youngsters who will play back-up to the first team as I'm happy with the first eleven. 

I will also promote a few players from the under 23's squad. There's a few gems in there. 

I will sell the following players:

• Casilla
  • Hernandez
  • Costa
  • Roberts
  • Cooper
  • Forshaw
  • Poveda

I will keep the following players:

• Shackleton - will retrain him as a right back. 
  • Struijk - a young versatile left-footed central defender or defensive midfielder. A useful player to have in the squad.
  • Alioski - A useful squad player, who is a great back for Dallas  or further forward Harrison. Great mentality and tough as nails. 

I will promote the following players from the Under 23's squad to the senior squad:

• Kenneh
  • Jenkins
  • Gelhardt

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2020-2021 Final League Table.png

1973582383_Fixtures(1).thumb.png.936cf6146fce70953737a7eecf208cbe.png

1292634975_Fixtures(2).thumb.png.9c37229ae389167f758a63c755a88e14.png

Most Goals.png

Top scorers.png

Most Goals and Assists.png

Assists.png

Will update with the 2021-2022 season results in due course. :onmehead:

Edited by RKM
Added screenshots

22 hours ago, RKM said:

Season 2020-2021 Summary

Decided to start a save with Leeds after watching them play against Newcastle, Manchester United and West Brom in December and just fell in love with the style of football.

All out attack.

Anyway, just finished my first season and finished 3rd in the league, level on points with Liverpool (82pts) who finished 2nd and 5 points behind Champions Man City (87pts).

My team scored the most goals in the league with 118 and conceded the joint highest amount of goals with 82 - same as 20th place Newcastle.

Transfers

None in or out.

Pleasant surprises

Jack Harrison - gave me real balance on the left hand side of the pitch and pops up with vital assists. An old fashion winger who hugs the touch line.  Was trying so sign Daniel James from Man Utd to replace him but he doesn't want to join and could cost a fortune. More than happy to sign Harrison for £10m on a permanent deal.

Luke Ayling and Stuart Dallas - these two hard-working full backs are crucial to the way my team plays. Both reliable and solid 7/10 performers each week.

Disappointments

Helder Costa - 14 appearances, 0 goals, £16m wasted. Will look to sell in the summer. 

Goals (EPL)

Rodrigo - 38 Apps, 38 Goals and 13 Assists
Bamford - 37 Apps, 26 Goals and 14 Assists
Klich - 37 Apps, 18 Goals and 12 Assists
Raphinha - 38 Apps, 11 Goals and 11 Assists
Harrison - 29 Apps, 5 Goals and 10 Assists
Phillips- 29 Apps, 2 Goals and 8 Assists
Alioski - 30 Apps, 4 Goals and 5 Assists
Dallas - 32 Apps, 2 Goals and 7 Assists
Koch - 35 Apps, 3 Goals and 0 Assists
Llorente - 38 Apps, 3 Goals and 2 Assists
Ayling - 29 Apps, 0 Goals and 7 Assists
Meslier - 38 Apps, 80 Goals Conceded and 7 Clean Sheets

2021-2022 Summer Transfer Window and Squad Update

I will be looking to bring in a striker, a left winger, right winger, attacking midfielder, left back, and a back up goalkeeper.

Am looking to bring in a few big hitters but will mainly look to sign youngsters who will play back-up to the first team as I'm happy with the first eleven. 

I will also promote a few players from the under 23's squad. There's a few gems in there. 

I will sell the following players:

• Casilla
  • Hernandez
  • Costa
  • Roberts
  • Cooper
  • Forshaw
  • Poveda

I will keep the following players:

• Shackleton - will retrain him as a right back. 
  • Struijk - a young versatile left-footed central defender or defensive midfielder. A useful player to have in the squad.
  • Alioski - A useful squad player, who is a great back for Dallas  or further forward Harrison. Great mentality and tough as nails. 

I will promote the following players from the Under 23's squad to the senior squad:

• Kenneh
  • Jenkins
  • Gelhardt

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------2020-2021 Final League Table.png

1973582383_Fixtures(1).thumb.png.936cf6146fce70953737a7eecf208cbe.png

1292634975_Fixtures(2).thumb.png.9c37229ae389167f758a63c755a88e14.png

Most Goals.png

Top scorers.png

What tactics are you using? That’s an outrageous amount of goals to be scoring with any team 

51 minutes ago, yorkshire22 said:

Already into my 8th season with Leeds, been a slow progression but a lot of fun! I can do a recap if anyone wants? Or otherwise i'll just pick things up from the 27/28 season haha

Would love a recap of the first few seasons if possible... always great to see how people got on in the 1st... transfers, tactics etc

4 hours ago, yorkshire22 said:

Already into my 8th season with Leeds, been a slow progression but a lot of fun! I can do a recap if anyone wants? Or otherwise i'll just pick things up from the 27/28 season haha

A recap of each season if your up to it. 

After a few years off i've returned to FM21 with my hometown club Leeds United, already in season 8 so here's a quick recap.

2020/21 Season

Season 1 saw us finish 14th, a little disappointing but avoiding relegation was the key, especially as I and the team got to grips with the new features and tactical setup. I feared the worst after the second game of the season ended in a club record 9-0 defeat to Liverpool but a mid season rally allowed us to keep our heads above water. 

Nothing of note in the cups as we went out in round 4 of the Carabao cup to Crystal Palace and also in round 4 of the FA cup, embarrassingly falling 2-1 to Doncaster. 

I liked the way the team played for the most part, Dallas and Ayling solid in defence and linked up well with Raphina/Rodrigo/Harrison/Curtis Jones on the wing. (NB screenshot shows current squad, but tactic hasn't changed much over the years!)

Jack Wilshere was a good cheap pick up and Williamson and Kaio Jorge brought in as younger prospects for the future. The outgoings weren't massive, just moved on a few fringe players, Ezequial Garay imade a good profit on after he failed to settle.

Youcef Atal and Matvienko i was optimistic about after they joined in the summer. 

If anyone has any requests or anything, or even pointers on what i should include please let me know!

FM season1.png

Transfers1.png

Tactic.png

In my first season with Leeds, finished 6th after couple of defeats at the end of the season but qualified for Euro Cup 2 because already relegated Aston Villa beat ManU in FA Cup final. Fans IRL would have gone crazy had this happened lol.

Season 2021/2022

A much better showing in season 2 as we finish 7th and qualify for the Euro Cup 2, spurred on by signing of the season Patson Daka who scored 19 in 33 after joining for a deal worth £19.5m. 3 other exciting signings joined him from South America in the shape of De La Cruz, Almada and Rojas, all of whom contributed with goals and assists throughout. Jack Harrison also signed post season for £11.5m after contributing 24 goals and 8 assists over his 2 seasons on loan in the PL.

I managed to sell on a lot of the fringe players, including getting £10m for Summerville who hadn't featured in my plans. Was sad to see Luke Ayling go but he wanted a new challenge after Matvienko established himself as 1st choice at RB, £6.5m seemed a fair price at this stage of his career. 

We fared much better in the cups this year, reaching the quarter final and semi final of the carabao and FA cups respectively, losing to Man Utd and Liverpool, who made it 3 PL titles in a row this year. 

Plenty to be optimistic about heading into the new season, as well as an opportunity in Europe!

FM season2.png

Transfers2.png

Morning all, have only just started really, my Mac wasn't cutting it with this years game so picked up a new NUC - was due a new PC anyway.

Working through first pre-season, plan will be to get rid of 3-4 players and bring in some youth, from both the academy and abroad.

So far...

Out - Bamford - £20m to Crystal Palace - I like him, but hate his "comes deep to get ball" PPM and that's a good chunk of cash.

Out - Ayling - £15m to Wolves - Again £15m is good money, I'll be retraining Shackleton for RB and have brought in someone better.

In - Martin Palumbo - 900k (rising to £4m) from Udinese - He looks great this kid, 18 years old and could be a beastly BBM.

In - Gabriel Menino - £9m from SEP - Can play, RB, DM and CM naturally and only 19, great utility player and will probably be starting RB.

I'd like maybe one more in, an AMC/ST to replace Pablo.  I have both Gelhardt and Greenwood from the academy around the first team, but would like a statement signing.

Defence wise i'll stick with Koch, Llorente, Cooper and Kenneh for this season and look to bring in a monster next year to partner Kenneh as he develops.

Similar with CM, Klich will need replacing next year I think. 

I'd also like a new left back, but quality at a reasonable price seems hard to get.

Edited by macca72

59 minutes ago, macca72 said:

I'd also like a new left back, but quality at a reasonable price seems hard to get.

A suggestion for a cheap left back who is first team material is Fredrik Andre Bjorkan (22) from Bodo/Glimt. He costs between £1m - £2m. 

The only problem is the new brexit rules where he requires a work permit. You can sign him and loan him out to meet the work permit requirements.

Edited by RKM

Cheers, but he's not on my game. I play touch with minimal leagues loaded - simply because I'd never get past the first day and would spend months just looking at players :D

On another point I solved the backup GK issue. I want rid of Casilla and was trawling through reserve teams and found Simon Scuffet. I'm sure he was a wonderkid on previous versions of FM.

Hasn't played much football and has 1 or 2 dodgy attributes, but £1.3m and 15k a week is great for a backup.

Season 2022/23

Season 3 Saw us  fall back to 9th in the league, a disappointing return brought on by a disastrous end of season where we only won 2 of our final 10 games of the season, Europe maybe took it's toll on the squad which i'd have to remedy going forward. Patson Daka again led the way with 23 goals, backed up nicely by Harrison and Jones who both got double figures. The younger players had come on well after being out on loan and would hopefully add some much needed depth. 

This was a big period of change for the team in terms of personnel, we turned a big profit on transfers this year after huge bids for Robin Koch (£56m) and Matvienko (£36m) and Helder Costa (£20m) as well as a nice £13.25m for Pascal Struijk. 

Coming in was Badiashile and Mbabu to bolster the defence, both performed admirably in their first season at the club, we also managed to pick up Arezo for £6m from Juve and had high hopes for him, as well as extending the loan deal for Curtis Jones for another year. The remainder of the arrivals were younger players/regens for the future.

In terms of cup competitions we went out in the 3rd round of the Carabao cup to Wolves and the FA cup QF to Arsenal. The Euro Cup 2 draw saw us placed in a group with Hamilton, Wolfsburg and Zorya which we came through largely unscathed, losing once and winning 5, we comfortably dispatched Copenhagen and Genk in the following 2 rounds and the overcame Rennes 3-1 on aggregate in the Quarter Final. We then faced off against Roma in the semis where a Patson Daka goal saw us through on away goals after a 1-1 aggregate result. In the final we fell behind early to Sevilla before storming back to complete a 3-1 win after goals from Garcia, Jones and Daka and just like that, we had our first piece of silverware and entry to the Europa League next season.

FM season3.png

Transfers3.png

Season3.png

10 hours ago, macca72 said:

First season going well, reached Jan transfer window and was looking at the transfer list and came across this guy.

I've got him on a free as his contract was up, needs some work physically but at 20 has time to develop. @Welshace any experience of him?

Blanco.png

Yeah, I've not managed him but he definitely has potential as you would imagine for a Real youth prospect... not top end world beater potentialy, but top 4 in the prem potential for sure... he was super well rounded in one of the test saves i did...  ended up with incredible mentals and very good defensive attibutes... imagine you could take him either way though.  Great pick up

14 hours ago, Welshace said:

Yeah, I've not managed him but he definitely has potential as you would imagine for a Real youth prospect... not top end world beater potentialy, but top 4 in the prem potential for sure... he was super well rounded in one of the test saves i did...  ended up with incredible mentals and very good defensive attibutes... imagine you could take him either way though.  Great pick up

Great, cheers.

Yeah in an ideal world he'd play in the DM role, but obviously Kalvin has that locked down and I'm developing Jenkins to be his understudy.

He'll probably replace Klich playing as a BBM, his finishing let's him down a bit, but if I can develop him he could be very well rounded as you say. I'll take that project as a free transfer any day.

Edited by macca72

Season 2023/24

Honestly a fairly no descript season this year, finished 7th again, qualifying for the Euro Cup 2, going out in the 3rd round of the Carabao cup to Man Utd and round 4 of the FA Cup to Aston Villa. Our first attempt at the Europa League came to an end in the 2nd knockout round to Hertha Berlin who have become a strong  contender in Europe, losing 3-2 on aggregate to them. 

Not much to celebrate on the pitch but another good year financially, Cashing in on some of the fringe players to turn a good profit again for the season. In terms of incoming transfers we signed Curtis Jones after 3 very good seasons on loan for us, as well as Vrsaljko as experienced defensive cover. 2 more exciting signins were the £14 capture of Trincao who is a very talented and flair based winger, alongside Brian Marrone a regen central midfielder who I have very high hopes for. 

Certainly not a bad season as the board still only expects mid table consolidation but i am looking to progress in the next few seasons. 

FM season4.png

Transfers 4.png

Season 2024/25

Another disappointing 9th place finish, we seemingly can't compete domestically and in Europe with this current squad as again we fell away at the end of the PL season, winning just 1 of our final 11 games in the league which is nowhere near good enough.

In the cups we reached the 4th round of the FA Cup and the QF of the Carabao losing out to Everton and Liverpool respectively. But we managed to secure another Euro Cup 2 title, a relatively easy run to the final (we played Basel, AGF Aarhus and Motherwell in the knockout rounds) where we managed to overcome Real Betis 2-1 aet, thanks to a Patson Daka late winner. 

We turned another good profit in the transfer window but had to make some painful sales, in particular Curtis Jones who demanded to be allowed to join Man City and Jack Harrison who moved to Everton for £30m in search of guaranteed first team action.

I made some big investments in the squad, spending £40m on Dwight Mcneill who has become a very good winger, as well as Tanganga who is a solid versatile defensive option.  Also joining were a host of exciting regens, Fonseca, Torres and Costa who it will be interesting to see develop.

FM Season5.png

Transfers5.png

Cup win season5.png

Season 1 completed saw us confirm a Champions League spot by avoiding defeat on the last day of the season, I had hoped for Europa League qualification, I think the CL has come too soon, but I can't argue with the finances and players it unlocks.

Players wise the screenshot tells the story, my front three were all great. The CM slots didn't achieve brilliant avg ratings, but they are heavily involved all the time, the ME doesn't reflect their true value when calculating ratings.

Aims for next season are to find a LB, DC and maybe a AMC /ST - but Greenwood and Gelhardt have both had good loans so they might get a chance. Kenneh will also get more game time.

We also won the Carabao Cup with an excellent win over Chelsea in the final.

LTS1.png

PSS1.png

Season 2025/26

Our best season to date as we miss out on the CL spots on goal difference to Liverpool,  we still had a patchy end to the season but nowhere near the drop off of previous years. Plenty to build on here.

In the cups we went out in the 4th round of the Carabao cup disappointingly to Reading and crashed out of the Europa League on away goals after a decent 2-2 aggregate result vs AC Milan in the second knockout round. We did however get our first piece of domestic silverware, beating a very good Arsenal team 2-1 in the FA Cup final thanks to a Dwight Mcneill brace.

In terms of transfers the main exit was Thiago Almada who left to join Chelsea for £55m, i also get rid of some more fringe players and younger prospects who weren't developing as i'd hoped. 

Coming in was James Justin and Italian international Lovato in defence who both improve the current squad, as well as Calafiori who looks like a very good deal at LB. Another few regen youngsters join us as well, to join the current crop who are coming on well.

FM Season6.png

Transfers6.png

FA cup.png

Good stuff @yorkshire22 progress being made.

So far in the window...

In

Blanco - Free - As I mentioned above, be good to see how he develops

Takehiro Tomiyasu - £28m - Never had him before but looks like the complete BPD, only 22 and had all the massive clubs chasing him.

Arthur Zagre - £7.5m - Best value LB I could find, if I can get him developed he'll be very solid

Armindo Sieb - Free - Never heard of him, but 18yr with 14 finishing, 16 off the ball and 15 pace is worth a punt. Came up on a scout report, a project for the U23's and loaning him out to see how he goes

Out

Cooper - £9.25m to Villa - With Tomiyasu coming in and Kenneh to get more game time, he had to go

Klich - £22.5m to Arsenal - Wasn't sure about this. but with Bogusz back and Blanco coming in, I thought I would cash in. Worst case I can keep the balance healthy and reinvest in January.

Maybe one or two more moves, but unless something amazing comes up, this will be a season to try and get top 4 again and consolidate.

Hello everyone,  been playing as my beloved Leeds and now into my fourth pre-season. decided it was time to contribute to this great Leeds thread.

Season 20/21 -

Main aim this season was to of course avoid relegation (just like in real life) and then start to build the standard of players in the team for the future.

Finshed 15th with 45 points, had a good run in the F.A Cup and ended up getting beat 3-2 by West Brom in the Quarter Finals. Went out in the Third round of the Carabao cup to Derby 2-0.

Top goal scorers were Rodrigo with 16 goals in 34 games and Raphinha grabbed 11 in 24 games.

Most notible transfer were bringing in Thiago Almada, Ugarte, Harrison, Berg, Cook and Arezo. didn't have many players leave apart from quite a few loans deals.

1811794915_20-21League.jpg.9d91c804e2be5a24adcf582c50904320.jpg

2041285528_20-21Transfers.jpg.b1bd1e81fa16659a0d04412cadf6deb6.jpg

Season 21-22

Had a really good season and finished 3rd on 73 points, 10 points off 2nd place but enough to get me Champions League football. FA Cup finished with a 2-1 defeat to Everton in the quarter finals again ! Carabao cup got beat by Chelsea 2-1 in the Semis.

Top goal scorers were Rodrigo with 22 goals in 32 games and Raphina with 20 in 21 games

Brought in Senesi as a top Centre Back and Tsygankov for the attacking winger role. Started a bit of a clear out with the likes of Costa (£14.5m), Bamford £5.5m, Roberts and Struijk for £6m each and Alioski for £5m

1814852117_21-22League.jpg.b5e84e072e5f680cf5e3436cbfdc4421.jpg

236736614_21-22TransfersPart1jpg.jpg.0972e04f26bcb416c4ba2289f71ebdb2.jpg

1635594820_21-22TransfersPart2.jpg.aac83325f573a3c435be7ab1bee006c3.jpg

Season 22-23

Finished 4th with 74 points.

298970014_22-23League.jpg.3fa7bb0774423d4f70bf0fd7c69a8fc3.jpg

F.A Cup went to in the fourth round with a 2-1 defeat to Man Utd. Carabao Cup winners with a 4-0 win against Liverpool

1386457060_CarabaoWinner.jpg.adc7dee16fb8d54da584df2e490ba968.jpg

Champions League went like a dream, despite the group draw of death.

703278413_ChampionsLeague.jpg.15b7f137e4528397bb2cf9bbea0c9fb3.jpg

A 1-0 win away in the Camp Nou, a 2-0 home win against Inter Milan, a 2-1 home win to Borussia Dortmand and another 3-1 home win against Barcelona. Then an aways goal win against SLB in the 1st round knockout, then a 4:3 aggregate win against Lazio in the Quarters, an away goals win against PSG (They had Neymar, Mbappe and Haaland up front) in the semis finals to reach dream land of the final against Liverpool.

Dreams came true and i beat them 2-1 to win the Champions Leagues, needless to say the board are very very happy.

560522670_ChampionsLeaguewinners.jpg.613ab578d395c09337a770441b5cf5cc.jpg

Top Goalscorers were Rodrigo with 20 goals in 29 games and Raphina with 15 in 33 games.

Transfers in, Max Arrons (£27m), top class RB/WB who improved throughout the season, Nketiah came back on loan too

Transfer out - Klich £3.4m, Palavecino £2.1, Bogusz £9.75, Shackleton £5m, Gelhardt £11m, Kristensen £19.25.

I tend to use Orta's advice on young players who he says are decent, bring them in for very little, loan them out for a season, see how they progress and then either keep or sell. Also have found the likes of Gelhardt, Shackleton arent good enough for the 1st team but if you loan them out then you can sell for a tidy profit. a few players I've panic bought and they've not worked out, so they get moved on too after a season or two. one lad didnt fit in and he lasted 6 months and was sold

1565826766_22-23Transfers.jpg.3dadd4a861a14f704bbda8384a8a7c6b.jpg

New players for season 23-24 are Ben White £12m - had to bring him in when Brighton got relegated, he'll provide cover in various roles and goes down for the home grown rules too

Nketiah £12m - good impact sub/cup player who provides cover for an injuries and again goes down for the home grown rule

Lucio Urquia - £0 - looks to be a decent prospect at RB and as its a free transfer then everyones a winner if he doesnt develop.

Arrey-Mbi - £0, same again, looks like a decent LB in the making, maybe send him out of loan, as I've got Zagre and Dallas who are all ahead of him.

Ibanez - 24 year old Brazilian CB who looks the business, brought him in for £29.5 million

Sebastiano Esposito £53m - Rodrigo had a few months on the sidelines with an injury which effected my title challenge, so needed to bring in a good replacement/back-up/future star and Haaland is just impossible to lure.

Also looking at bringing in a few more to see if i can push Liverpool for the title in 23/24. On a good note, Patrick Berg is fast becoming my star player alongside Philips and Almada is a star in the attacking mid role.

21-22 Transfers Part 2.jpg

On another side note, does anyone find that building a top class coaching, scouting, physio team is vital to get success in the game ?

I've never paid too much attention to it but in the last three- four editions of FM, I gone out of my way to get my backroom staff rated as the best in the league and from there it seems to help with the success. Quadruple winners in FM20 with Leeds is my best achievement to date

Edited by da_melonuk

Season 2026/27

Another fantastic season where we missed out on the title by 1 game, the young players have really stepped up and the future is seemingly bright for this team! Will be interesting to see how we get in in the Champions League next year. 

We crashed out in the 4th round of our FA Cup defence to Man Utd but went on the win the Carabao cup, beating Chelsea 3-0. The Europa League campaign saw us beat Rangers, Sevilla and Valencia en route to the final, where we met arch rivals Man Utd, and the display of the season saw us go 3-0 up after 15 mins before ultimately winning 4-0 for a cup double!

Transfer wise i moved on several players who we had been developing well but not quite enough to compete for 1st team football here, getting good fees for Williamson (22.5m), Arezo (£20m), LLamas (£20m), Kenneh (£17.5m) and an amazing £42.5m for Jenkins who had played a bit part role over the past few years.

Inbound was more defensive cover/upgrades in the form of Branthwaite and Stergiou, alongside another crop of youngsters. 

Due to continued success in the transfer market we now have a massive budget to make a push at the champions league. And we are now also caught up to my realtime game so if anyone has any requests for screenshots/details etc i can now oblige.

FM season7.png

Transfers7.png

Carabao.png

Europa league.png

Season 2 done, successful but felt like a slog at times.

Finished second, miles behind Liverpool and just about as good as the 4 teams who finished below me, won the FA cup with some insane results (8-0 v Man City in the QF, 6-4 v Liverpool in the Semi).

An injection of real quality required in the Summer, this season was very much done on the cheap - in fact since I took over we've spent £63m on transfers and sold £80m worth.

Two of my favourite signings came from Bayerns second team, Jamal Musiala and Bri Arrey-Mbi. Musiala was listed at £6m due to refusing a contract and similarly Mbi was a free transfer that I then paid 75k to complete in the January window. Musiala is some player and ended up with 21 goals after a slow start - is only 19 and I expect him to develop a lot this year.

In terms of summer targets, managed to get Tonali on a Free (I offered him a contract in January) - so that is the injection of quality I need in midfield.  Tomiyasu is good, but I might go again at CB and push him to the RB slot.

A replacement for Rodrigo is on the cards, as well as maybe a left back. Zagre doing well but I feel like I can spend bigger. Will also see if any big bids come in for current players. 

On 20/01/2021 at 17:13, macca72 said:

Season 2 done, successful but felt like a slog at times.

Finished second, miles behind Liverpool and just about as good as the 4 teams who finished below me, won the FA cup with some insane results (8-0 v Man City in the QF, 6-4 v Liverpool in the Semi).

An injection of real quality required in the Summer, this season was very much done on the cheap - in fact since I took over we've spent £63m on transfers and sold £80m worth.

Two of my favourite signings came from Bayerns second team, Jamal Musiala and Bri Arrey-Mbi. Musiala was listed at £6m due to refusing a contract and similarly Mbi was a free transfer that I then paid 75k to complete in the January window. Musiala is some player and ended up with 21 goals after a slow start - is only 19 and I expect him to develop a lot this year.

In terms of summer targets, managed to get Tonali on a Free (I offered him a contract in January) - so that is the injection of quality I need in midfield.  Tomiyasu is good, but I might go again at CB and push him to the RB slot.

A replacement for Rodrigo is on the cards, as well as maybe a left back. Zagre doing well but I feel like I can spend bigger. Will also see if any big bids come in for current players. 

Some stunning results in the FA Cup, at-least you didnt crash out to Crawley... I've just got Mbi on a free, so will be intresting to see how he develops..I can highly recommend Marcos Senesi and Ibanez if you looking for CB's and you cannot go wrong with Max Aarons from Norwich for a 1st choice RB

• 2 weeks later...

Coming towards the Jan window 3rd season. Going well in the league but still don't think I'll catch Liverpool, Chelsea are having a good time of it as well, so unless something changes, will be battling for 2nd place.

Summer window was quiet aside from one big deal, I wanted a statement signing so managed to get Camavinga for £65m. He and Tonali are some CM pairing.

Looking forward, I really want Haaland, Rodrigo will be cashed in on as at 31 he'll decline rapidly shortly, also Spurs are sniffing round Raphinha, and as good as he is, If I can get £60m for him, that will cover probably half of Haalands transfer fee.

Elsewhere, Mbi is growing nicely, Musiala is a goalscoring machine and I have 3/4 very promising regens.

On 17/01/2021 at 21:25, yorkshire22 said:

Season 2026/27

Another fantastic season where we missed out on the title by 1 game, the young players have really stepped up and the future is seemingly bright for this team! Will be interesting to see how we get in in the Champions League next year. 

We crashed out in the 4th round of our FA Cup defence to Man Utd but went on the win the Carabao cup, beating Chelsea 3-0. The Europa League campaign saw us beat Rangers, Sevilla and Valencia en route to the final, where we met arch rivals Man Utd, and the display of the season saw us go 3-0 up after 15 mins before ultimately winning 4-0 for a cup double!

Transfer wise i moved on several players who we had been developing well but not quite enough to compete for 1st team football here, getting good fees for Williamson (22.5m), Arezo (£20m), LLamas (£20m), Kenneh (£17.5m) and an amazing £42.5m for Jenkins who had played a bit part role over the past few years.

Inbound was more defensive cover/upgrades in the form of Branthwaite and Stergiou, alongside another crop of youngsters. 

Due to continued success in the transfer market we now have a massive budget to make a push at the champions league. And we are now also caught up to my realtime game so if anyone has any requests for screenshots/details etc i can now oblige.

FM season7.png

Transfers7.png

Carabao.png

Europa league.png

How do you stand playing with those badges etc?

Haha yeah. Best advice I can give to get him as early as possible is be shrewd in the first 3 windows. If you sign the likes of Ahmedodzic, Daka, Menino, Almada, Szoboszlai you can make some insane money and build a nice pot for him.

You also need to get into CL asap, probably in the first 2 seasons.

In this save I sold Szoboszlai for £170m.

Keep your eye on Bayern, Dortmund, Barcelona and Ajax. They all let wonderkids go for way below value.

Use the loan market as well, I got Reinier from Madrid for 2 years, which basically allowed me enough time to save up enough to sign Bellingham. Loans are brilliant and can easy put off a £50m-£80m transfer for a couple of seasons.

Edited by macca72

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/03/2021 at 08:56, MBJ96 said:

Anyone playing with Leeds?

Think I will be starting a game with the new update. A few players seem to have been upgraded a bit. 

I'm going to at some point this week i think..

Want to see what I can do with the young players in the squad like Kenneh,  Meslier, Shackleton, Struijk, Bogusz,  Gelhardt, Summerville, Greenwood, Jenkins, Cresswell, Kun, Casey, Drameh, Edmondson, McCalmont

They all have the potential to be first teamers tbh.

I am going to start a Leeds save now and it will be mostly a youth only save but will bring if a few players if they are the right player.

I lived in Leeds for a bit a few years a go so I have had a soft spot for them for a while now.

My aim is to the win the Premiership and Champions League.

I think anyone managing Leeds on the new patch is going to be in for a fun ride.

So I already had offers for Phillips and Ayling that I rejected and then a few teams say they are interested in Bamford and it unsettles Bamford so Spurs then make an offer my board accept without asking me.

I managed to get them to ask for more resigned to the fact that I have lost my star striker and Spurs come back with this offer which is pretty good considering.

cca2237bd9e71e3734ea97d7dcec5ec7.png

I am targetting Sam Surridge and Dominic Solanke as his replacement.