[FM21] - Leeds United: Back to top

sherifelgendy87

Leeds United Season 1 Transfers So Far

So basically I was planning on doing a youth only save with Leeds but I did what I usually do and end up signing players :)

My aim was to just bring back former Leeds players so I signed Tom Pearce, Clarke Odour, Sam Byram, Charlie Taylor, Lewis Cook and Ronaldo Viera.

I also signed talented young GK Stefan Bajic from St Etienne, Sam Sturridge and Dominic Solanke from Bournemouth.

I also bought in Malang Sarr, Kamil Grabara and Angel Gomes on loan.

Departures from the club other then star striker Bamford were Kiko Casilla, Eunan O'Kane and Gaetano Berraldi.

I have sent a lot of my talented young players out on loan as well.

I am hoping that is the end of the transfer business. 

This is my starting 11 for the first game of the season.

72e936220cd81cb4ddb4bbc51ac71be2.png

Edited by Ronaldo Beckham

How did you bring in Malang Sarr while he's out on loan? or Gomes when he's on loan and only just signed for his club? or grabara lol?

And how did you sell o'kane? isnt he on loan?  

Unless you're on a different database i suppose ..  If there's a trick im missing to sell the garbage out on loan i dont wanna miss out!

1 hour ago, Welshace said:

How did you bring in Malang Sarr while he's out on loan? or Gomes when he's on loan and only just signed for his club? or grabara lol?

And how did you sell o'kane? isnt he on loan?  

Unless you're on a different database i suppose ..  If there's a trick im missing to sell the garbage out on loan i dont wanna miss out!

I think I have this database that hasn't been updated yet.

I will probably start the save again after I finish the season as my no brexit file doesn't work on the new patch either.

£31m for Bamford at game start is an absolute gift, I'd be delighted.  Gelhardt is arguably not that much worse, and has the advantage of not having Bamfords PPM.

Once I move away from the save I'm on with, I'd like to do a youth / UK Leeds save - McKinstry is another I think I could develop into a good player.

In the meantime, this should be a fun window...

tb.png

Edited by macca72

1 hour ago, macca72 said:

£31m for Bamford at game start is an absolute gift, I'd be delighted.  Gelhardt is arguably not that much worse, and has the advantage of not having Bamfords PPM.

Once I move away from the save I'm on with, I'd like to do a youth / UK Leeds save - McKinstry is another I think I could develop into a good player.

In the meantime, this should be a fun window...

tb.png

McKinstry, Kastrati, Callomb and Jordan Stevens have played a few games and done well for me. 

I have of the better youth players out on loan but when I start again as Leeds I will definitely do a Youth only save with Leeds as there is so much talent there.

Spent a bunch of time last night researching and scouting for my Youth / UK save.

Decided I would allow transfers but as a priority only young (under 21) UK (or dual) nationality players that won't block a pathway into the first team for academy players. As the save goes on I might allow myself the odd "Galactico" (Moukoko).

Haaland still counts as he was born in Leeds.

I'm also going to try and not sign any players I've had in my prior saves, although Arrey-Mbi and Musiala may make it onto the shortlist as they fit the criteria. where possible I'm also going to try and make a profit in each window I do business. I'm also probably going to sign Harrison and keep Bamford for at least one season.

As a starting point I sold Ayling and Alioski, as they bring in money and are path blockers in the short term.  My transfers in look like this.

I don't think they will all develop, but it adds a challenge. Olise is the most interesting one, heard a load about him IRL, but would probably have never previously signed him, he's essentially Klichs replacement in CM.

trxw1.png 

Edited by macca72

In terms of squad aims / summary.

Davis will back-up Dallas at LB

Shackleton will be first choice RB with Dallas back-up

Kenneh will long term replace cooper / Llorente

Struijk will be back-up for Kalvin

McKinstry will cover RW & LW as back-up for Harrison and Raph

Olise will challenge Klich for first team 

Gelhardt will be back-up for Bamford

Jenkins, Cresswell, Roberts will be in and around the squad.

Summerville, Drameh and Poveda  I'm undecided on, so they along with others will be reserves until I can set about sorting the academy out when all the loan players return in the summer.

Morning - I'm not going to to update on my current save, as - well frankly - I cheated and edited Moukoko in as a January transfer. I wanted to see how I could develop him from an early age to see how good I can make him and if (and how quickly) I can get him to be Leeds' all time leading scorer.

Will still be playing as per the rules above, if anyone wants any updates or screenshots, shout up.

Cheers 

Edited by macca72

5 minutes ago, macca72 said:

Morning - I'm not going to to update on my current save, as - well frankly - I cheated and edited Moukoko in as a January transfer. I wanted to see how I could develop him from an early age to see how good I can make him and if (and how quickly) I can get him to be Leeds' all time leading scorer.

Will still be playing as per the rules above, if anyone wants any updates or screenshots, shout up.

Cheers 

Don’t worry about this, your conscience should be clear as I’m sure there’s loads of people who have been tempted to try him.

Just out of interest, has anyone seen Joe Gelhardt become class on a save? He was a world-class striker on my Leeds save last year, ironically I signed him for Leeds well before he signed for them in real life. He’s very well rounded and scored so many important goals for me over the years on that save.

Yeah, my plan is to start to bring Gelhardt in from season 2 as Rodrigo transitions out - he's my long term view so I'll post updates on him periodically.

My conscience is clear, just didn't want anyone getting the wrong idea - some people get overly sensitive about such things - I thought about a Dortmund save, but it's just not the same as managing Leeds - I may do one later down the line.

Hi All

Figured id give everyone a run down of how my Leeds United save went & where we finally got to (I'm in 2027 at the minute). Firstly here's how the 1st season went. 

Signings out

Pablo Hernandez to Crystal Palace 3m - This one was a tough decision to make, his stats are more than good enough for a 1st season, however the opportunity to get some money while i could was too big of a pull

Kiko Cassila to Dinamo Moscow 5m - It was always my intention to play Meslier as my Number 1 & with a stating balance so low it was a no brainer to send him out for  IMO a nice fee

Jay Roy Gott to VVV Venolo 300k - Not much to say on this one, He's not good 

Signings in

Andrea Pappetti from Brescia 3m - Figured i could train this guy up & eventually take the place of Liam Cooper on the bench/1st replacement. He has been a solid player for me & came in handy in future years. He was swiflty loaned to reading in the 1st season

Christian Walton from Brighton 450k - As i said before Meslier was always my number 1 so this guy will probably only play in the early cup stages & due to injuries. Solid, Cheap & happy to sit on the bench. Easy replacement for Casilla

Loans out Sam Greenwood, Joe Gelhardt, Nohan Kennah, Ian Poveda, Crysensio Summerville, Leif Davis  & Neil Huggins. Most of these  have been sent out to get experience to hopefully come back &^ challenge for a place, others have gone out just for the loan fees

We started out playing with a 424 formation Meslier, Dallas, Koch, Llorente, Ayling, Klich, Phillips, Harrison, Raphinha, Bamford & Rodrigo. 

Finishing Position: 14th

Not the best of seasons ill admit, i was let down a lot by the tactics i think. it leaves too many gaps in the midfield & as good as Phillips is i don't think his best position the holding midfielder (despite real life performances). Harrison is a nice average player definitely worth the 10m if you can squeeze enough money to buy him. The fact my Top scorer was Rodrigo with 10 goals probably says everything you need to know

Second Season. Hoping that a season with a full transfer budget will change my luck around

Signings out

Stuart Dallas to Leicester City 20m - This felt like a low fee for someone who had a value of 30m but you can only get what people are willing to pay. Dallas is a very well rounded player with good stats all over but i wanted a more specialized left back for that position.

Luke Ayling to Everton 20m - This bid came out of nowhere, i was hoping to hang onto him for another year or 2, but looking further into it, i thought it was too good to pass up & id already scouted my replacement which you will see further down

Mateusz Klich to Monaco 15m - For my midfield i knew i wanted more of a deep lying playmaker so i could then push Kalvin Phillips forward to help the midfield with just his natural energy. Klich is 31 at this point so will only go down in his ability from here

Liam Cooper to Bournemouth 6.5m - Unfortunately for the Leeds captain he just wasn't getting enough game time & it didn't sit well with him. At 32 years of age i wasn't too concerned in letting him go even if the fee was a little low

Patrick Bamford to Bournemouth 14.5m - Due to some of the people i have managed to bring in i felt like Bamford would be better being sold on as i could get injury cover from Gelhardt 

Elgin Alioski to Udinese 4.5m - Decent substitute who can play a lot of positions but we are looking to increase the levels of all the players we have & at 30yrs old he wont be improving anymore

Leif Davis to West Brom 6m - In hindsight this one turned out to be not the best idea, he's reasonable to do a job as sub for injuries & i ended up having to get someone in on loan to do the job i could've just left him to do

Laurens de Bock, Barry Douglas, Jordan Stevens, Rafa Mujica - All these leave for a combined figure of about 5m players who weren't able to make the cut & it saves a little on wages

Robin Koch to Hertha Berlin 30.5m January - With me signing a Centre back in this window it meant one of my 1st choice pairing had to go too, i put them both on the transfer list & but had no bidders in the 1st window so i waited till January to try my luck again. In came Hertha Berlin with a very decent offer which i gladly accepted

Signings in

Owen Wijndal from AZ Alkmaar 16m - My replacement for Dallas, slightly cheaper & about 9 years younger. Looks like a solid option & i figured he would have plenty of time to improve. Quite happy with this one

Cody Gakpo from PSV 8.5m - This was my replacement for Harrison who left before i received my transfer window funds unfortunately. Feels like a good signing with Plenty of potential he's also 6"2 which might give him a little advantage against the smaller full backs

Emi Buendia from Norwich 32m - So this is the big one, the player to turn my season around. i knew Bamford couldn't play as an attacking mid regularly so i splashed out to buy this guy. i was surprised Norwich let him go seen as they got promoted that season

Max Aarons from Norwich 38m (rising to 45m) - Yes another raid on poor Norwich, this transfer came mostly out of the surprise interest in Luke Ayling. Cost us a little bit more but hopefully we have the Right position sorted now for a few years

Sandro Tonali from Brescia 18m - I was very confused my this one as I'm sure Milan have the option to buy him so didn't expect him to be available when he flashed up on a scout report - i certainly didn't think he would be available at such a low price. Absolute No Brainier

Ben Godfrey from Everton 55m - Yep you read correctly 55! for the last season my 1st choice Centre Backs have had the dashed lined on the team sheet indicating that they do not play well together. So i figured i had to make a change or id end up down in 14th again. Godfrey looks quick he's young & hopefully has the potential to get even better

Callum Chambers from Arsenal 5m January - As you will read further down i managed to sell my entire backline in one window, which sounds stupid reading it back now. He was put on the transfer list for what i thought was a bargain price, his price shot to 22m once he'd signed so looked like a good deal all round

Loans In - We make our 1st foray into the loan market, i know this is important in many FM saves but i don't like improving players for other teams & then making them more expensive to buy when you want them. So i got Gabriel Martinelli from Arsenal, he can cover the entire front 4 so should be good cover. i also bring in Neco Williams form Liverpool just for cover in the full back positions 

Loans out Sam Greenwood, Pascal Struik, Ryan Edmonson, Nohan Kennah & Matheusz Bogusz- all leave for more experience & loan fees once more

Diego Llorente to Lyon - this one was part of the cleaning up of my poor defensive partnership it came with an option to buy of 28.5m. a hefty loan fee & wage contribution helped 

With our formation now being 4231, we lined up as Meslier, Wijndal, Godfrey, Llorente, Aarons, Tonali, Phillips, Gakpo, Raphinha, Buendia & Rodrigo. 

Finishing Position: 7th

This season was much better & a nice turn around in luck, feel like swapping formation to 4231 was a large part of this. Rodrigo also took his tally to 21 goals in 36 games so a massive improvement. Also my assistant manager was poached my Tottenham so i had to find one myself, luckily for me Jesus Perez who looks like he was Pochettino's assistant applied for the position, which i was more than happy to offer him. As you can see i had a huge wave of replacements in the transfer window, shaping my club up for future seasons. During the season i realised that Godfrey wasn't the best as my leading & commanding centre back i eventually come to idea that his height was the issue he's 6" which you'd say is ok but from January onwards he was now being partnered by Papetti who is also 6". We managed to finish in 7th which with it brought Leeds' 1st time back in European football for 20 years. 

Edited by TC237

• 4 weeks later...

Thought I'd post my current save on here, normally more of a lurker on the forums but have noticed this one is quite quiet this year.

2020/21

Just finished my first season with Leeds, came 7th in the Premier League, with Bamford scoring 24 goals and coming second in the top goal scoring charts - was called up for the Euros with England, but annoyingly got injured the day before the last game of the season for 6weeks.

Ended up winning the League Cup against United in the Final (what a moment), don't know how I managed it, played against all the top sides and beat all of them - Ended up qualifying for the Europa Conference League.

FA Cup was poor, lost in the third round, had to rotate the side a lot due to the congested fixtures around the late December period.

My main aim in this save is to focus a lot in the development of younger players - not sending to many players out on loan as wanting to grow them at the club and give them a pathway to the first team - however I noticed the U18's just doesn't look that good for potential players - only notable one is Max Dean. Going to keep my youth squads fairly small, to allow them to grow into first team players, or be sold for profit.

The U23's team ended up winning the Papa John's Trophy, which was pleased about, a lot of the young players are developing well and already have a lot who could be called into the first team.

Last game of the season was a 2-2 draw to Fulham - started a bit of a younger side, but also Berardi played his first game of the season and last game for Leeds as he leaves to join Sion on a free (had to play him for the nostalgia)

Didn't really want to make changes first season, so the transfer activity was bare minimal.

Transfers IN:

Maxim Dekker - 16year old Centre Back signed for around £3million from AZ, looks really good player and a lot of room to grow, played mainly with the U18's but will be promoted to the U23's next season to partner Charlie Cresswell who also looks really good

Edoly Lukoki - 16year old Forward signed for around £800,000 from FC Nantes, again looks like a good little prospect, played with the U18's in the first season on the wing mostly due to Max Dean scoring about 40goals upfront for the youth side - Might send this one out on Loan next season to increase his development

Theo - 18year old Midfielder (Son of Zidane) signed him for around £100,000 From Real Madrid in January, he looks really good and a lot of room to grow, couldn't say no after seeing the asking price, played with the U23's and has developed well, made a couple of first team appearances

Transfers OUT:

Ouasim Bouy - Sold right at the start for around £80,000 to Portsmouth, they put a clause in his contract that if we got injured they could terminate his contract for free, got injured shortly after joining, became a free agent and later retired

Loaned out the following: Josh Galloway, Max McMillan, Emmanuel Amissah, Niklas Haugland (leaving at the end of the season on a free) - All of these guys just didn't have the same ability as the other young players in the U23's

Notable Players:

Helder Costa - Was really good in the first few months, scored goals for fun, Raphinha was out injured for about 3months!

Liam Cooper - Played every Premier League game, found it hard to drop him, was a consistent performer all season for me

Jack Harrison - Was again such a solid player for me

Jamie Shackleton and Pascal Struijk - Was really good whenever they played for me, big future

Notable Young Players:

Joe Gelhardt - Was insane for the U23, scored around 40 goals, played a bit for the first team, but due to Bamfords form it was hard to replace him

Sam Greenwood - Again so good, have trained him to be an IF on the Left hand side, played a few games for the first team too

Leif Davis - Had to play quite a few games at the end of the season due to Ayling and Alioski both being injured - was so good, fitted in the team really well

Jack Jenkins - Long term future again, played a couple games in the first team

Nohan Kenneh - Played a few games towards the end of the season, is going to be a superstar for us

Max Dean - As said before, was insane for the U18s, played in the FA Cup and scored, became the youngest ever goal scorer for us

Next Season 2021/22:

Going to be moving on a few players who I don't think are up to scratch, notable ones being: Kiko Casilla, costing way to much money on wages to be a back up, Alioski, I signed him on a new deal so I could get a fair fee for him, Adam Forshaw, barley played after being injured, Pablo Hernadez, sad to be doing this one but he's not getting any younger, others to note Barry Douglas and De Bock. There's some I am unsure about, one being Tyler Roberts, just don't think he will reach much better ability.

Releasing quite a few of the younger players - and looking to keep a small but good youth squad, going to be doing a fair bit of transfers of young quality players. Might cash in on some young players now such as: Poveda and Summerville, just doesn't have the potential on this save, and on fairly high wages for players who won't cut it. Will be going through each player and deciding what to do with them. Same with the return of the loanees: Stevens, Edmondson, Temenuzkhov, Mujica all going to be sold on now, might turn to be really good but with the players coming through already I can't see them challenging. However, Mateusz Bogus looks really good and developed well, will be called to the First team I think.

Transfer Plans:

Not 100% sure on the plans for business yet, young players is on the list, but in terms of improving the squad I haven't decided where I want to improve. But need a bigger squad for next season as we will be playing in Europe.

Let me know if you want me to keep updating on my progress!

Edited by hxlderr

On 17/01/2021 at 20:07, da_melonuk said:

Hello everyone,  been playing as my beloved Leeds and now into my fourth pre-season. decided it was time to contribute to this great Leeds thread.

Season 20/21 -

Main aim this season was to of course avoid relegation (just like in real life) and then start to build the standard of players in the team for the future.

Finshed 15th with 45 points, had a good run in the F.A Cup and ended up getting beat 3-2 by West Brom in the Quarter Finals. Went out in the Third round of the Carabao cup to Derby 2-0.

Top goal scorers were Rodrigo with 16 goals in 34 games and Raphinha grabbed 11 in 24 games.

Most notible transfer were bringing in Thiago Almada, Ugarte, Harrison, Berg, Cook and Arezo. didn't have many players leave apart from quite a few loans deals.

1811794915_20-21League.jpg.9d91c804e2be5a24adcf582c50904320.jpg

2041285528_20-21Transfers.jpg.b1bd1e81fa16659a0d04412cadf6deb6.jpg

Season 21-22

Had a really good season and finished 3rd on 73 points, 10 points off 2nd place but enough to get me Champions League football. FA Cup finished with a 2-1 defeat to Everton in the quarter finals again ! Carabao cup got beat by Chelsea 2-1 in the Semis.

Top goal scorers were Rodrigo with 22 goals in 32 games and Raphina with 20 in 21 games

Brought in Senesi as a top Centre Back and Tsygankov for the attacking winger role. Started a bit of a clear out with the likes of Costa (£14.5m), Bamford £5.5m, Roberts and Struijk for £6m each and Alioski for £5m

1814852117_21-22League.jpg.b5e84e072e5f680cf5e3436cbfdc4421.jpg

236736614_21-22TransfersPart1jpg.jpg.0972e04f26bcb416c4ba2289f71ebdb2.jpg

1635594820_21-22TransfersPart2.jpg.aac83325f573a3c435be7ab1bee006c3.jpg

Season 22-23

Finished 4th with 74 points.

298970014_22-23League.jpg.3fa7bb0774423d4f70bf0fd7c69a8fc3.jpg

F.A Cup went to in the fourth round with a 2-1 defeat to Man Utd. Carabao Cup winners with a 4-0 win against Liverpool

1386457060_CarabaoWinner.jpg.adc7dee16fb8d54da584df2e490ba968.jpg

Champions League went like a dream, despite the group draw of death.

703278413_ChampionsLeague.jpg.15b7f137e4528397bb2cf9bbea0c9fb3.jpg

A 1-0 win away in the Camp Nou, a 2-0 home win against Inter Milan, a 2-1 home win to Borussia Dortmand and another 3-1 home win against Barcelona. Then an aways goal win against SLB in the 1st round knockout, then a 4:3 aggregate win against Lazio in the Quarters, an away goals win against PSG (They had Neymar, Mbappe and Haaland up front) in the semis finals to reach dream land of the final against Liverpool.

Dreams came true and i beat them 2-1 to win the Champions Leagues, needless to say the board are very very happy.

560522670_ChampionsLeaguewinners.jpg.613ab578d395c09337a770441b5cf5cc.jpg

Top Goalscorers were Rodrigo with 20 goals in 29 games and Raphina with 15 in 33 games.

Transfers in, Max Arrons (£27m), top class RB/WB who improved throughout the season, Nketiah came back on loan too

Transfer out - Klich £3.4m, Palavecino £2.1, Bogusz £9.75, Shackleton £5m, Gelhardt £11m, Kristensen £19.25.

I tend to use Orta's advice on young players who he says are decent, bring them in for very little, loan them out for a season, see how they progress and then either keep or sell. Also have found the likes of Gelhardt, Shackleton arent good enough for the 1st team but if you loan them out then you can sell for a tidy profit. a few players I've panic bought and they've not worked out, so they get moved on too after a season or two. one lad didnt fit in and he lasted 6 months and was sold

1565826766_22-23Transfers.jpg.3dadd4a861a14f704bbda8384a8a7c6b.jpg

New players for season 23-24 are Ben White £12m - had to bring him in when Brighton got relegated, he'll provide cover in various roles and goes down for the home grown rules too

Nketiah £12m - good impact sub/cup player who provides cover for an injuries and again goes down for the home grown rule

Lucio Urquia - £0 - looks to be a decent prospect at RB and as its a free transfer then everyones a winner if he doesnt develop.

Arrey-Mbi - £0, same again, looks like a decent LB in the making, maybe send him out of loan, as I've got Zagre and Dallas who are all ahead of him.

Ibanez - 24 year old Brazilian CB who looks the business, brought him in for £29.5 million

Sebastiano Esposito £53m - Rodrigo had a few months on the sidelines with an injury which effected my title challenge, so needed to bring in a good replacement/back-up/future star and Haaland is just impossible to lure.

Also looking at bringing in a few more to see if i can push Liverpool for the title in 23/24. On a good note, Patrick Berg is fast becoming my star player alongside Philips and Almada is a star in the attacking mid role.

21-22 Transfers Part 2.jpg

On another side note, does anyone find that building a top class coaching, scouting, physio team is vital to get success in the game ?

I've never paid too much attention to it but in the last three- four editions of FM, I gone out of my way to get my backroom staff rated as the best in the league and from there it seems to help with the success. Quadruple winners in FM20 with Leeds is my best achievement to date

Not updated my seasons in a while, so thought I'd provide a quick run through.

Season 23-24

Finished 4th on 75 points. Didnt get anywhere near the title as Liverpool won it again on 91 points.

2090545460_23-24league.jpg.17e6332f9b72a43ffe97f7ec2051b035.jpg

Knocked out of the FA Cup in the 4th round

Won Carabao Cup winners (2 years in a row)

949305363_CarabaoWinner2.jpg.47ca44d97edbd0f636c2f94440803406.jpg

Won the Champions League (2 years in a row)

1658243927_ChampionsLeaguewinners2.jpg.f8e56f430ee7fb647ada2855a98367ee.jpg

Season 24-25

Currently 7th after 18 games, struggled at the start but starting to get a run of form and good results now.

Quailfied for the knockout stages of the Champions League (Can i make it 3 in a row ?)

Notable transfers in -

Nicolo Zaniolo - Roma - £59m

Rodrigo De Paul - Udinense - Free

Harry Kane - Spurs - £68m

I tried my hardest to get Haaland but he wasnt for leaving PSG..Kane hasnt hit the ground running like i expected, so may ship him back out at the end of the season. Zaniolo started off slow and was unhappy but hes slowly starting to improve.

Transfers out -

Lewis Cook - Leicester - £27.5m

Jack Jenkins - LOSC - £10.5m

Matias Arezo - Roma - £10.5m

Zagre - Bournemouth - £10.75m

and the strangest one yet was 18 year old called Bruce Watson, a left back regen who came up from the youth team, who my coaches said was an average player but for some reason he had lots of interest from lots of teams. He ended up going to Leicester for £12.25m and hes not made a single 1st team start and my scouts now rate him at 31-Doubts over his ability. Shades of the Jack Clarke to Spurs transfer in real life

• 2 months later...

Not sure if anyone is still playing much, I've not really started any serious saves for a while, but thought I'd post a few of my favourite players who you may or may not have heard of or tried.

Lewis Neilson - Can pick him up for compensation at game start, I've had him as IWB / BPD / A and he's brilliant, a young scottish steal

Isak Bergmann Johannesson - Young icelander, very versatile and can play LM / LW / LB / DM / CM, if you can develop his technical stats he's a steal at circa £5m

Francisco Conceicao - Can usually be got for circa £15m or free if he get's unsettled and runs his contract down. Incredible wide man.

Charlie Setford - Young english GK at Ajax, has great passing (which I look for) can be expensive, but a fantastic back-up rotation option

Iliax Moriba - £78m release clause but worth every penny, in 3-4 years I am yet to find a better central midfielder, can do everything

Jamie Bynoe-Gittens - Winger from Dortmund, have picked him up on a free on multiple occasions, develops very nicely, the new Sancho

Bright Arrey-Mbi - English German dual national - again, haven't seen any better left footed central defenders - a beast.

Luca Netz - two footed german left back, wonderkid and can be got for compensation (circa £3m) 

Devyne Rensch - complete defender, can play every position. two footed.

Michael Olise - At Reading, left footer who can play CM / AM or be retrained in any wide position. 

Edited by macca72

• 4 months later...

Morning all - has anyone started with a beta save yet?

I don't think I'll be buying this year, quite miffed about the decision to drop FMT, I absolutely won't be getting into full fat FM again - will see if I can get a demo of the xbox edition on PC and weigh it up.

Always interested following your games though, if anyone does boot a save up would be good to see if any of the players have had upgrades / what the youth set-up looks like - could possibly be a vintage year for Leeds youth.

Peace.

9 hours ago, macca72 said:

Morning all - has anyone started with a beta save yet?

I don't think I'll be buying this year, quite miffed about the decision to drop FMT, I absolutely won't be getting into full fat FM again - will see if I can get a demo of the xbox edition on PC and weigh it up.

Always interested following your games though, if anyone does boot a save up would be good to see if any of the players have had upgrades / what the youth set-up looks like - could possibly be a vintage year for Leeds youth.

Peace.

Hey pal..

Haven't started one yet, but feel free to ask for any you might want to see etc...  Though is doesn't seem like any significant changes have happened with the players really tbh...

Hope you are well @Welshace

Yeah I got  a few screenshots in the request thread, doesn't seem much has changed which I think on balance is probably fair.

The only potential changes I would have are a boost to Kalvin, having now played circa 20 games for England and maybe Raph, who's obviously going to now be a mainstay in the Brazil national team.  My guess is most of the u23's have variable PA, so they can be hit or miss.  Could argue that Gelhardt should be pushing for the higher end of those negative PA ranges.

When you start, please post in here - will be good to keep up with what's going on given how sadly quiet it was in FM21.