Sacked or Relegated

• Mcfc1894 changed the title to Sacked or Relegated

Yup, sacked with Fortuna Sittard. The expectation was to avoid a relegation battle, but we ended up in a relegation battle. I had a very generous '6 points from 5 games' to save my job, and just needed a win at home to the bottom club to complete that. Finished 1-1 and I was punted. 

I think I'll go Sittard again in either my Classic save or FMM save this year, enjoyed it despite the ending. 

Might be soon, playing as Zaglebie Lubin in Poland, initial expectations were midtable or top half finish, can't remember, I had us top of the league entering winter break, board let me adjust expectations for more wage budget, which I did as we were a few thousand above the line due to contract extensions/raises, but since I changed expectations to title winner we have hit a tough stretch and are now 6 points back with 9 to play (still a very clear 3rd) and each match has a press conf talking about El Sackico for me.  Seems a bit harsh honestly, but oh well, hopefully I can survive

Sacked as Milan manager but i started with the lowest reputation without coaching badges ( just to check if it's so easy as anyone is claiming ). Got a job at Oviedo B, finished the second year on 8th place, now in my third season on the first place.

I was very nearly sacked in the FM21 beta. Won the 2nd league with my team and the next season, 1000-1 to win the league and so massive favourites for relegation, we had a brilliant start were upper mid-table for the first quarter of the season. Then it caught up with us and the lack of quality started to show. By the 3/4 mark, we were dead last and I was called in by the board. Asked them to please give me a month to sort it out. So I put some effort in, paid even more attention to who I select in the first 11 (taking into account who they will match up against) and tweaked the tactic. We started to scrape together wins and draws here and there. Currently tied for 12th (out of 16th) with 1 match to go against the team in last, so it's a little better and I haven't heard from the board, so hopefully no news is good news.

If id carried on my beta save i was about to get relegated in my first season after being promoted from the Championship to the prem. I'm 18th and in the league cup final, i had a very poor transfer window so i doubt id close the gap.

Had a couple of saves on the beta, one of which I would have been sacked in if I had carried it on as Sintrense in Portugal.

Was beaten 3-0 by my own youth team in the first friendly and it was downhill from there.

They were that bad that I am VERY tempted to start as them in my full save so watch this space....

Edited by Junkhead
I can't spell still.

4 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

Had a couple of saves on the beta, one of which I would have been sacked in if I had carried it on as Sintrense in Portugal.

Was beaten 3-0 by my own youth team in the first friendly and it was downhill from there.

They were that bad that I am VERY tempted to start as them in my full save so watch this space....

I'm truly interested to see how it could go downhill after losing 3-0 to your own youth :p j/k

Why didn't you play with your youth? Or were they the famous grey ones? :D 

1 minute ago, DJ Sir Matthew said:

I'm truly interested to see how it could go downhill after losing 3-0 to your own youth :p j/k

Why didn't you play with your youth? Or were they the famous grey ones? :D 

Well I suppose it didn't actually go downhill, but it certainly stayed on a level 😂

A fair portion of them were grey, but there were a couple of real players there too.

I am awful at this game, dont get me wrong, but Sintrense are easily one of the worst teams I have come across in my near 30 years of playing.

They have a cracking midfielder, a decent centrehalf, and that's about it. Think there was only 1 or 2 players at 25 or above too 🙄

Few people here saying they got promoted and started off well before dropping off which is the exact same for me - wonder if there’s some sort of boost involved for a newly promoted side?

I got promoted against the odds first season and then was top of the league going into the Christmas break - between then and the end of the season I won two games and ended up 7th. Very difficult to work out why but I’d have taken it at the start! 

On 24/11/2020 at 11:31, DP said:

Nice to see people getting sacked at smaller clubs but Barca are currently 10th in La Liga. Can this be replicated in game or are you guaranteed to do well with them?

I was sacked from Milan in the BETA does that count?

10 hours ago, wattzy said:

Few people here saying they got promoted and started off well before dropping off which is the exact same for me - wonder if there’s some sort of boost involved for a newly promoted side?

The only thing I can think of that might contribute, is having incredible morale after promotion and riding that small wave. In my experience though, it's a part of the story, but nothing major. 

I'm constantly trying to evaluate my team and their quality vs the others in the league, especially after promotion. It gets even more difficult (considering I can at least see Media Prediction) once I try strengthen the squad, especially close to the start of the season or end of the window. I have no true idea of just how strong the squad is now. 

This season, I started off a bit over-optimistic. It did actually work for a few matches, but in really it was a toss up. When reality kicked in, we struggled. Had to revert to my more sitting back and countering approach. That was too defensive and invited far too much pressure against teams who are better. That meant I tried to still tweak a little. I constantly had to think about either using my original tactic or the counter tactic vs the various teams I played and also adjusting in matches.

By the end, I at least ended 13th out of 16th (predicted last) so it was a positive. It became another mind war when we split to a relegation group (which is 7th to 16th) so at least didn't have to play the top, top teams. Of that group, I'm now 5th out of 10th, so managed to scrape by and keep my job, I think. Still one of the favourites for the sack, but will see. I am doing better than expectations and better than it looked like I was going to do, so fingers crossed.