Unofficial French League Superthread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Very solid indeed! You had all three of these new players the first time?

No, only Kebbeh. I decided to play a DM instead of an AMC this time round and so picked up Rahim instead of Ouattara.

So, I finally got some game time in and largely it's been pretty good. The only downside was the defeat to Lazio which, to be honest I'm at a loss to explain! We dominated the game but couldn't score and at 88 minutes it looked like we would have to settle for a 0-0 and suddenly, bish bash bosh, we were 3-0 down!!

Otherwise though, I'm really pleased with things have progressed.

Euro.png

Results.png

Table.png

8 minutes ago, raymondafc said:

So, I finally got some game time in and largely it's been pretty good. The only downside was the defeat to Lazio which, to be honest I'm at a loss to explain! We dominated the game but couldn't score and at 88 minutes it looked like we would have to settle for a 0-0 and suddenly, bish bash bosh, we were 3-0 down!!

Otherwise though, I'm really pleased with things have progressed.

A great start as ASSE aren't the strongest by any means.

I've started again as an unemployed manager, Raúl Gonzalez Blanco, and after 9 games I was put in charge of OGC Nice, who had only 2 points under Patrick Vieira and were in 19th place.
Now, 10 games further at the half point, we're still 19th with 11 points (2 wins, 5 draws, 3 losses). But my strikers are really struggling to score..they get lots of chances but somehow, the opponent goalkeeper always puts team-of-the-week-performances against me. Kasper Dolberg still hasn't scored under my lead and his backup Ganago has only scored once.

Hope I can still make it right in the second half of the season!

Well apparently my tactics have crumbled after just a dozen games. Losing to poor teams both home and away at the moment despite dominating possession, having 25-30 shots on goal but only 3-4 on target whilst the opposition are having 5-6 shots, 2-3 on target and scoring them all. Awesome.

1 hour ago, raymondafc said:

Well apparently my tactics have crumbled after just a dozen games. Losing to poor teams both home and away at the moment despite dominating possession, having 25-30 shots on goal but only 3-4 on target whilst the opposition are having 5-6 shots, 2-3 on target and scoring them all. Awesome.

Maybe the early form gave a false sense of how strong you are, but some minor tweaking will probably put you right. Enjoy the challenge!

15 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Maybe the early form gave a false sense of how strong you are, but some minor tweaking will probably put you right. Enjoy the challenge!

Perhaps. Yet another change in tactics/formation immediately after my hissy fit yielded 2 wins and a draw in the league lol, we're now surrendering possession far more readily. Instead of having 60-65% we're now only having 40-50% if we're lucky but I'll take that if means we win the game!

So its not been great since my last update (See my paddy a few posts up :lol:) but after yet another formation change the last few results have been an improvement. We're still hanging in there in the league as we look to qualify for Europe again, up next is PSG away so that will be fun I'm sure!

I was livid with the defeat away to Riejka after we showed absolutely no sign of scoring, I think we had 19 attempts with ONE on target, they only had 5 attempts all game if I remember correctly! Our final group game is away to Trabzonspor  in which we must match Riejka's result to qualify.

Back home, we drew Toulouse at home in the Coupe de la Ligue BKT R4.

Euro.png

Results.png

Table.png

So we qualified for the First Knockout Round of the Europa League, despite being the only team not to beat Trabzonspor in this group! Thankfully, Lazio hammered Rijeka 4-1.

We've been drawn against Olympiacos, so a tough but winnable tie. There is one name in the draw however that will send shivers down the spine of everyone else in the competition, spotted them yet?

Euro.png

5 hours ago, raymondafc said:

So we qualified for the First Knockout Round of the Europa League, despite being the only team not to beat Trabzonspor in this group! Thankfully, Lazio hammered Rijeka 4-1.

We've been drawn against Olympiacos, so a tough but winnable tie. There is one name in the draw however that will send shivers down the spine of everyone else in the competition, spotted them yet?

Euro.png

Utrecht? :lol:

It's still a decent season so far, 5th in Ligue 1 and not out of Europe either.

I'm nearing the end of the 3rd season at FC Lorient. Eight league games left, and plenty to play for (full update on FMCU forum).

Well since my computer decided to go berserk I moved from the Italy thread to here and also to FM Touch on my phone. I chose Red Star to try and dethrone PSG and also because I've been to one of their matches and I fell in love with the club.

With that being said, I started this week there. With no first season signings and got the promotion really easy. My challenge will be to build a decent squad for Ligue 2 as not many of my players want to renew their contract, except for Said Arab which I tied at the beginning of the save. I got some expiring contract youngsters on my watch, such as Lihadji, Godart or Aouchiche. All of them didn't renew their contracts so far, and since I'm one month away from their being run out I'll follow those with attention and also some other really cool prospects such as Mustafa Kapi which I'm unsure if I can get him to sign because of the wages.

763293079_Capturadeecr2020-06-22s00_51_26.thumb.png.edf3720469a7bc53b47c0c9879566146.png

11 hours ago, João14 said:

Well since my computer decided to go berserk I moved from the Italy thread to here and also to FM Touch on my phone. I chose Red Star to try and dethrone PSG and also because I've been to one of their matches and I fell in love with the club.

With that being said, I started this week there. With no first season signings and got the promotion really easy. My challenge will be to build a decent squad for Ligue 2 as not many of my players want to renew their contract, except for Said Arab which I tied at the beginning of the save. I got some expiring contract youngsters on my watch, such as Lihadji, Godart or Aouchiche. All of them didn't renew their contracts so far, and since I'm one month away from their being run out I'll follow those with attention and also some other really cool prospects such as Mustafa Kapi which I'm unsure if I can get him to sign because of the wages.

763293079_Capturadeecr2020-06-22s00_51_26.thumb.png.edf3720469a7bc53b47c0c9879566146.png

Welcome and respect for a great first season with Red Star. @karanhsingh will be watching with interest :)

43 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Welcome and respect for a great first season with Red Star. @karanhsingh will be watching with interest :)

Oh absolutely! I had such a great 4 seasons with them. Arab definitely developed into one of my favorite players. 

I'd highly recommend Lihadji, got him on a free and he tore it up in both Ligue 2 and 1 before being bought by Norwich for 30 million. 

Definitely keep us posted, will be watching with interest :thup:

Well our transfer for season 2 has been so much fun. I don't know if this is a touch thing but I found easy to sign some youngsters on a free.

I signed a overload of midfielders because they seemed good and I could loan some out to get some profit right away in a way to turn the club into green. I had so much luck in selling some of the older players, and got surprised to see some of them making to Ligue 1. Yayi Mpie is banging goals for fun at the end of August with 6 in 4 games.

Captura de ecrã 2020-06-22, às 20.31.25.png

I had a cracking Marseille save on FM'19, but this year I wanted to go in a different direction.

The choice was Montpellier. Why? Because of their jerseys... No, I just wanted an "out of the box" team. 

Maybe I can even bring back an ageing Olivier Giroud to try and relive the glorious Championship winning season of 2012. :p

10 hours ago, Gungner said:

I had a cracking Marseille save on FM'19, but this year I wanted to go in a different direction.

The choice was Montpellier. Why? Because of their jerseys... No, I just wanted an "out of the box" team. 

Maybe I can even bring back an ageing Olivier Giroud to try and relive the glorious Championship winning season of 2012. :p

Good luck with that! If you bring back Casimir Ninga you will gain even more respect :cool:

1 minute ago, Gungner said:

Challenge accepted!

Excellent, good luck.

In respect of Ninga, he was an emerging star there before injury and I still hope he can return to that form. Ideal player if you use 433 or 4231 with him as AML. He can also play as a central striker on the left of the pair.

We've reached the Christmas Break and the halfway point in the league, we have dropped off the pace a little but aren't too far off the pace in the hunt for Europe, as only 2 points separate us from Nantes in the last Europa League spot and just 6 points separate us from the Champions League spots.

Whilst I'm not aiming for the Champions League specifically, it's still a good marker. I'm starting to get a feel for how I want the squad to develop and am looking around at potential signings over the next few seasons whilst also getting an idea of who I am prepared to let go if a good offer comes in or their contract expires.

Hopefully the second half of the season will be productive and with the board not expecting European qualification I have some wiggle room luckily to try and develop the squad.

Cups.png

Table.png

Edited by raymondafc

8 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

That's solid form and about as good as you could expect with ASSE at this stage. It's good to build slowly and under no board pressure.

Thanks @Jogo Bonito There is quite a bit of work needed with this squad and most of the youngsters are not going to make the grade so its a long term job for sure. I've got my scouts out there and they've found some decent prospects but I doubt I'll convince them to sign just yet - got to turn on the charm over the next couple of seasons!

18 minutes ago, raymondafc said:

Thanks @Jogo Bonito There is quite a bit of work needed with this squad and most of the youngsters are not going to make the grade so its a long term job for sure. I've got my scouts out there and they've found some decent prospects but I doubt I'll convince them to sign just yet - got to turn on the charm over the next couple of seasons!

That's a good save to have though, you'll enjoy making them your own squad over time.

You could also try and sign all players with the club name already in place (Yoanne Etienne, Etienne Capoue etc.)! On a serious note, you might want to look at some of their HGC players playing elsewhere (e.g. Ronael Pierre-Gabriel) as they may be useful to bring back.

Sorry, wrote his name wrong:herman:

Edited by Jogo Bonito

Monaco Season 1 Transfer Business

I decided to get rid of some of the older players and the rubbish that Monaco had in their team and try promote some of the young players they have.

Transfers Out

Steven Jovetic - £4.7m

Daniel Subasic - £1m

Cesc Fabregas - £4m

Kamil Gilik -£5m

Jemerson - £4m

Diego Benaglio - £250k

Alexandr Golovin - £24m 

Amilicar Silva - £1.5m

I went for more of a South American feel with bringing in players for Monaco

Transfers In

Adolfo Gaich - £3.5m

Jeronimo Pourtau - £3.5m

Augustin Almeandra - £3.5m

Augustin Obando - £3.5m

Sasa Lukic - £6.75m

Leandrinho - £275k

Axel Disasi - £6.75m - Really excited about this player

Noah Katterbach - £3.7m

Deyovaisio Zeefuik - £15m

Viktor Fischer - £7.25m

Fabrice Hartmann - £4.8m

Danilo Cataldi - £4.8m

I like my squad moving forward and feel strong in a lot of positions. I might need to improve the wings in January though.

My usual first team is this

image.thumb.png.e33b5fa0d48e59435449fe5dc7b85945.png

Edited by Ronaldo Beckham

A quiet transfer window then...

I'm naive, but genuinely interested to hear how signing 12 players is going to allow you to 'promote some of the young players they have'.

It's an interesting pick anyway. The club has developed an excellent production of young talent over the last five years.

Your managerial residence is going to cost a fortune, even though it's tax free.  

24 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

A quiet transfer window then...

I'm naive, but genuinely interested to hear how signing 12 players is going to allow you to 'promote some of the young players they have'.

It's an interesting pick anyway. The club has developed an excellent production of young talent over the last five years.

Your managerial residence is going to cost a fortune, even though it's tax free.  

A lot of the signings I made haven't appeared in the first team, most of the Argentinians I signed other then Gaich I have sent out on loan. I am going to play the youngsters in the cup games for now and see how they do and then next season will be the big season for change.

I just signed one of the most talented French youngsters in Georginio Rutter.

image.thumb.png.fe7f14b7412e2a38620bb07ac7a6dcdc.png

9 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Rutter should be useful! Gaich is also popping up on some of my games so should be a good value buy.

Cheers buddy. next ones out will probably Gelson Martins who is injury prone, Wassim Ben Yedder who is too old for my squad vision and hopefully I can cancel Silmani's loan as I am paying him £80k a week to sit on the bench and bring through some of my bright youngsters into the first team.

@Ronaldo Beckham :Good Luck with AS Monaco.

Axel Disasi is a good defender. He is half of my best pairing at Clermont for the last 4-5 seasons.

Scary part is I got him on a Free.

Danielj Subasic played goalie for me in my first season in Ligue1. He did a good job. But probably too old and too high a wage to sit on the bench.

On 19/06/2020 at 15:15, AddicksFan said:

A defensive masterclass in the opening games.........so far so good

image.thumb.png.7b3bb09f34cb7a8df3cb7c3606ac3150.png

Good Start. FCSM must be a tough start. What formation are you using....

Are you like my Clermont teams becoming good defensively by possession of the ball.?

10 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

@Ronaldo Beckham :Good Luck with AS Monaco.

Axel Disasi is a good defender. He is half of my best pairing at Clermont for the last 4-5 seasons.

Scary part is I got him on a Free.

Danielj Subasic played goalie for me in my first season in Ligue1. He did a good job. But probably too old and too high a wage to sit on the bench.

Wow getting him on a free was a great deal for you then. He is doing well for me so far. I can see Rutter getting more game time for me as he has done well coming on off the bench.

Looks like all the cool kids are hanging out in France this summer, so I hopped on the Eurostar and ended up in Lens.

I spent a couple of hours last night sorting out the staff and trying to figure the strengths and weaknesses of the squad (many weaknesses, few strengths!!) and have played a couple of pre-season friendlies. Will post a proper update some time tonight.

Why Lens? I'd like to say there's some compelling reason, but apart from wanting a team in L2, I looked through the squads and spotted Massadio Haidara at RCL. I managed him in a Newcastle save a couple of years ago and always liked him (even if Newcastle fans didn't). As good a reason as any, I think.

I haven't played much FM for the last couple of months, but I've slowly worked my way back via a Brentford save that I'm enjoying, so I'll be keeping that alongside the French excursion. I've only managed once in France in FM, so I'm looking forward to the new challenge.

3 hours ago, oze07 said:

thinking of doing a lille save. obviously I know what the endgame is, but is this league enjoyable? are lille a good team to try with?

I find France fun. You will find it hard to catch PSG but so many other sides to compete with for European spaces. Lille is a good one, and Osimhen should be a great striker.

38 minutes ago, warlock said:

Looks like all the cool kids are hanging out in France this summer, so I hopped on the Eurostar and ended up in Lens.

I spent a couple of hours last night sorting out the staff and trying to figure the strengths and weaknesses of the squad (many weaknesses, few strengths!!) and have played a couple of pre-season friendlies. Will post a proper update some time tonight.

Why Lens? I'd like to say there's some compelling reason, but apart from wanting a team in L2, I looked through the squads and spotted Massadio Haidara at RCL. I managed him in a Newcastle save a couple of years ago and always liked him (even if Newcastle fans didn't). As good a reason as any, I think.

I haven't played much FM for the last couple of months, but I've slowly worked my way back via a Brentford save that I'm enjoying, so I'll be keeping that alongside the French excursion. I've only managed once in France in FM, so I'm looking forward to the new challenge.

The best news of recent times, welcome to France! You have picked a great club, the biggest Ligue 2 stadium and attendances are by far the highest at that level.

If you have any access to BT Sport they did a great season review on RC Lens and FC Lorient during their Ligue 2 campaign, it was shown a few times in the last two weeks and would be good if you can find it or watch it. They apparently were a well-followed side back in the day in Cameroon, so you could try that as one of your philosophies if you wanted 'an angle'. There are so many good Cameroon players in FM, and some that are good IRL but not yet represented that way in FM 20.

Welcome to RC Lens and I hope you enjoy it alot.