Unofficial French League Superthread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Travis Bickle said:

I think it schedules later than usual which is why I am not seeing it yet. 

The big teams started playing in January. The World Cup made the 2022-2023 season hectic to say the least. 

I ended up playing a minimum of 7 matches a month January-May 2023, because of Euro Cup 1+2, French Cup, and Ligue1 scheduling.

Just now, Hootieleece said:

The big teams started playing in January. The World Cup made the 2022-2023 season hectic to say the least. 

I ended up playing a minimum of 7 matches a month January-May 2023, because of Euro Cup 1+2, French Cup, and Ligue1 scheduling.

Yeah actually I checked your schedule last season to compare. Let's just say depth is going to be a priority for this season lol. Especially playing 3 weeks straight of CL games. 

Good evening all. I've just posted another update at FC Lorient which takes us to March 2021.

We have slipped a little (not a surprise) but still very much ahead of where we thought we would be at this time of season 2.

Edited by Jogo Bonito

I always comment on FMCU but will add a post here to break your sequence of posts :lol:

You're still in with a good chance of European football, and punching above your weight again.

I'm in March 21 at Lorient and have just made myself a cracking signing for next season. The new player is 22 years old, French nationality, valued at £4.6 million and I've picked him up for £1.9 million on wages of £6,000 until June 2025. Really very excited by this transfer deal :cool:

45 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

I won't post my next month here then....

already up at FMCU.

Just for laughs...my backup GK.

l4CZ1t.jpg

He has been my best player other than Jaby.

Sorry, didn't mean to suggest you shouldn't post here as not everyone has their own FMCU topic. I'd say carry on as you are :)

Your keeper looks alright, but I would probably not expect him to be a Ligue 1 and Euro star. Jaby is doing very well every time I look. 

50 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

November 2023

Our Vice-Captain who is fighting for playing time stated his case this month...

Baiye looks good enough to get minutes, still going great in the league, 4th is exceptional. Madrid games are always a hiding to nothing.

51 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Baiye looks good enough to get minutes, still going great in the league, 4th is exceptional. Madrid games are always a hiding to nothing.

Baiye is good enough. He was our starter last season paired with Jaby.  I brought in a bigger, faster, stronger Croatian midfielder for depth, and stupidly promised him a lot of playing time...and the Assman thinks he's better.

18 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

Baiye is good enough. He was our starter last season paired with Jaby.  I brought in a bigger, faster, stronger Croatian midfielder for depth, and stupidly promised him a lot of playing time...and the Assman thinks he's better.

The things we have to say to get transfers completed sometimes :rolleyes:

I've completed 34 of my 38 games now, so the update may be tomorrow instead of tonight. I almost made a second signing ready for the new season, another bargain. But I  foolishly cancelled it as there is somebody I wanted more (unfortunately at three times the fee) who doesn't currently want to entertain talks even after a fee has been agreed with his club. The player I have probably lost was definitely a good value signing - Felix Eboa Eboa for £1.2 million and wages of £7,000 per week - but I'm still trying to go for a different name.

Edited by Jogo Bonito

1 minute ago, Jogo Bonito said:

A very good month. Defensively you're very solid, which I love to see.

I always try to build the defense first when I start with a new team. 

I try to build a spine down the Center first, from back to front.

Luckily for me Clermont had some good players already on the team. I just developed them

Just now, Hootieleece said:

I always try to build the defense first when I start with a new team. 

I try to build a spine down the Center first, from back to front.

Luckily for me Clermont had some good players already on the team. I just developed them

It's the same strategy for me. So much can come from having a solid base, and you've kept that going really well.

1 minute ago, AddicksFan said:

My Sochaux save corrupted :mad::( I'm off to Germany for a save with Hansa Rostock

I will be back to France at some point....once the tears have subsided :lol:

Oh, bad luck! Remind me where you were and in what year? It can be a target for me.

Good luck in Germany with Rostock, they're doing well this season aren't they?

I was in the third season, just coming into March.....topped my Uefa Cup group with 6 wins out of 6, league form was suffering though, was in 7th, signed Bamba in the Jan window for 2M from LOSC......the boy Pellissard was a true gem of a player....

41 minutes ago, AddicksFan said:

My Sochaux save corrupted :mad::( I'm off to Germany for a save with Hansa Rostock

I will be back to France at some point....once the tears have subsided :lol:

That sucks :(, good luck in Germany, while some people have a "Bogey Team", I have a "Bogey Country": Germany! I haven't lasted longer than 6 months before getting sacked since FM09 lol.

Regarding my St Etienne save, I haven't been able to play it this week (hence my switch to Touch) but I will fire it up on Sunday for a full day of swearing and shenanigans!

11 minutes ago, raymondafc said:

That sucks :(, good luck in Germany, while some people have a "Bogey Team", I have a "Bogey Country": Germany! I haven't lasted longer than 6 months before getting sacked since FM09 lol.

Regarding my St Etienne save, I haven't been able to play it this week (hence my switch to Touch) but I will fire it up on Sunday for a full day of swearing and shenanigans!

Yeah it was going really well with some very nice youth coming through....thanks, not tried Germany this year, the issue with the 3rd tier of German football can't sign anyone outside of the EU...No African bargains for me...at least until we get into the 2nd division.

Haha, post it up, certainly interested in seeing how you're going....

Edited by AddicksFan

Started up Sochaux again as I really enjoyed that save until it corrupted, there will be no restrictions around transfers, will mostly stick to French and African players but will add the odd South American / Eastern European to the team. Will still promote heavily from within the youth system.

Will post up my progress later

6 hours ago, AddicksFan said:

Started up Sochaux again as I really enjoyed that save until it corrupted, there will be no restrictions around transfers, will mostly stick to French and African players but will add the odd South American / Eastern European to the team. Will still promote heavily from within the youth system.

Will post up my progress later

Nice one, I've been adding my updates in FMCU but will check your progress here.

I finally won the CL with Marseille!

2023/2024 season, had 18/18 points in the Group Stages, beat Borussia Dortmund, Ajax, Manchester Utd and Manchester City in the final. I'm delighted.

I've bought some fantastic French prospects I'll post later, including a 15 year old who had more than double the next highest scorer in the U19 league.

Edited by Travis Bickle

1 hour ago, Hootieleece said:

April 2025

QxgYc3.jpg

What I noticed with Marseille is, as you get better, teams play very defensively. It gets tough and you end up drawing games you think you'd win. I suspect your games against Bordeaux and Nimes were a result of that. 

Edited by Travis Bickle

24 minutes ago, raymondafc said:

Have finally fired up my ASSE save! Sorry it's taken so long lol. Once I've got a decent amount of game time going I will update accordingly.

@Travis Bickle congrats on the Champions League title, top work!

@AddicksFan I knew you couldn't stay away ;)

@Hootieleece great season! Well done :thup: 

Glad to see your back...even if you are managing Clermont's "Big Brother" or frere grand!

35 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

Glad to see your back...even if you are managing Clermont's "Big Brother" or frere grand!

Good to be back. I didn't realise we were rivals lol, I guess that means I need to just as well now :lol:

In other news, 5 games in and Ligue 1 belongs to the Rhone...

Table.png

@raymondafc So true, LOL, really like managing in France

So I've statred my Sochaux save after my last one corrupted.

The Squad

image.thumb.png.d5eeadc46b7d7901b52fc857bd9a03d3.png

The summer signings - I decided to re-sign Kebbeh in this save, I don't usually sign the same player twice but my first save wasn't finished, so......

image.thumb.png.3d9f80f5ff0fe290addf960a53b1da6c.png

image.thumb.png.77733d443d86788ab6a91be5cd2312d5.png

image.thumb.png.14a6112237ef86f90733f977dd34194c.png