Stadium editor

nikolaosaek

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Gangor said:

More realistic stadiums by all mean, but in what universe would the manager be designing the stadium? If it was to be included it should be one of those paid for things in FMT.

I am fairly sure that when this came up before, the fact that the manager would not normally be involved in new stadium design ( with one or two exceptions ) was cited as one of the reasons why it was not included.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear developers, I am one of the oldest fans of this game, since the days of Championship Manager.
Why 5 years ago you did not add the ability to visually observe how my stadium expands from the money invested in it?
You have all the technical capabilities and licenses for a very long time for this.
I don’t need 3D simulation of the match, I only need my stadium and how it is being transformed.
Please answer me this, I have been waiting for this since 2004, for 15 years !!! I can’t wait another 15 years.

• 4 weeks later...
On 14/03/2020 at 20:12, Gangor said:

More realistic stadiums by all mean, but in what universe would the manager be designing the stadium? If it was to be included it should be one of those paid for things in FMT.

I understand the argument that managers don't have a say on this IRL, but for the purposes of the player's enjoyment of the game, this would go a very long way. It adds to the realism of it. It will further immerse you in a world of make believe. For instance, I am playing with Fulham. My stadium is the generic stadium with four open corners that contain the generic ambulance and crew (they look very British, yet appear at grounds across the world...). I would enjoy it more if I could see my team walk out from the corner and see the Pavillion at Craven Cottage. Much like I would enjoy it more if I visited the San Siro when playing one of the Milan sides in Europe, and saw the red girders on the roof and spiral pillars of the stadium. It just adds to the experience in a huge way.

Because I understand the argument that managers wouldn't have a say, I agree with you that it should be an option to buy, and I certainly would do.

Ok, so I have a related idea that doesn't deserve its own thread. I hope no-one gets too annoyed at me putting it here. 

Whenever a new stand is built (ie your stadium capacity is expanded) then that stand is named, probably after a legend or icon of the club, but there should also be a list of generic names. Depending on your longevity at the club you might be invited by the board to choose from several options or asked to choose the name yourself. The name of the stand would then be worked into the match commentary during home games "Player X tackles Player Y right in front of the fans in the XYZ stand!" etc. Would be nice for immersion and I don't think it's too much of a stretch for a long-tenured manager to have a say in the naming of stands. 

My two cents.

I would love a stadium editor, not in game, but external, so I and the community can re-create every stadium in the world. Yes, this would break the visual mechanic of stadium expansions but I am fine with this, as I'm sure every other player would be to.

You don't even have to make a stadium editor, you just need to produce the files in a common type so other programs can modify them.

I know in the past it has been said you wont do this due to licensing, but you have no problems with the mods that add real club logos, real advertisement logos, player faces.

They just complain they X corner doesnt upper seats and tunnels can they make another graphic model for it.   Far too many models to render and make every stadium the community will want.

On 26/04/2020 at 12:03, Jcannon83 said:

I think I speak for all FM players, when I say I don't want SI to make them, just make them mod-able. 

modable or not SI still have to make them.

13 hours ago, wkdsoul said:

modable or not SI still have to make them.

What he meant is that SI leaves them by default(like actual stadium) and the community customizes them

Edited by destmez

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 14/03/2020 at 22:50, FrazT said:

I am fairly sure that when this came up before, the fact that the manager would not normally be involved in new stadium design ( with one or two exceptions ) was cited as one of the reasons why it was not included.

The stadium editor needn't have anything to do with the actual manager-side of things.  It could be an external stand-alone DLC, like the current database editor is - a tool we use to create a variety of new stadia that can be imported into our saves (like logos and graphics are).

I'd hazard a guess that many people would even pay for a DLC stadium editor, as it'll enhance their gaming experience.  Those with the DLC can use modded stadia, while those without the DLC can't, and instead stick with the generic/default stadia the game generates.  It'd be a nice choice to have.

I really dislike the current lack of character and variety in FM in regards to stadia.  Whether I'm managing a lower league club from India, Latvia, Peru, or Wales.. there is virtually no difference in the architecture, or crucially, the 'character' of a stadium.  Whereas given the tools, I'm pretty sure modders would produce a massive variety of stadiums to import.  I did this myself back on Fifa Manager 2010... created hundreds of stadiums for that game, and all with a different "flavour", depending on continent, nation, culture, and league level etc.  It really added something to the game and was extremely popular with downloads at the time...

From my old website...

20. February 2010 - 23:35 Mega Patch for Fifa Manager 2010.

I've created hundreds of stadiums with regional variants and backdrops with what is available in the stadium editor. For example, some northern European clubs will play with wintery backdrops, western European clubs with modern-looking stadiums, eastern Europe with a not-so-modern look, Latin American with open-air ovals and lots of ad boards, middle-eastern countries with arid/desert environments as well as big city backdrops (like those in the UAE for example), African with rural and colorful stadia, and India/Asia with wacky colour schemes and dilapidated looking stadiums. I've also created the stadiums for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.
If you manage a team that is competing in the Champions League or Europa League, you can now look forward to seeing your team play in many varied stadiums - from northern Europe, to Eastern Europe, and the Mediterranean. If you like watching the African Cup of Nations, you can now enjoy watching it in colourful and regionally authentic stadia... if you like watching South American teams, you can watch them play in confetti-strewn stadia, from large open ovals to compact run-down stadiums!

http://fm-fmo.weebly.com/fifa-manager-2010.html