Can someone tell me what is actually meant in the game by "entertaining football"

Mainly favours attacking or positive football of either way be that direct or short. Counter attacking can work if done right so the wingers are useful or have a DM/CM who can pass for those balls, preferably higher tempo to move it quick- all entertaining in a way. Defensive or park the bus will only ruin that. 

Okay, so it actually does make no sense. I'm playing short pass possession football and getting 20 shots a game and sometimes it is entertaining and other times it isn't. I've even gotten "Pleased with the attacking football on display" and "Concerned about the lack of entertaining football being played" on the same game.

Not sure myself.

I've had it pop up as 'entertaining game' when my team got hammered shots-wise. Genuine chances were actually fairly evenly spread, so I wonder if it something to do with that? That game ended in a draw, and it is right that the algorithm recognises that draws (and defeats) can count as entertaining matches.

Yeah, this is an interesting one. 

I think that the software employed in the game is not clever enough to determine whether a game of football is "entertaining". Entertaining is an entirely subjective notion that i dont beleive the AI could pick up - I imagine the game has a checklist of criteria that it is looking to match up against. Something like:

• Average Shots Taken Per Game > 13
  • Average Goals Scored Per Game > 1.5
  • Dribbles in Opposition Half > 7
  • Touches in Opposition Half >125

Maybe? If enough of the criteria is met the AI will think the game was 'entertaining' based on the integrated coding about what an entertaining game is.

Edited by Saint_Lane

5 minutes ago, Dread Pirate said:

Okay, so it actually does make no sense. I'm playing short pass possession football and getting 20 shots a game and sometimes it is entertaining and other times it isn't. I've even gotten "Pleased with the attacking football on display" and "Concerned about the lack of entertaining football being played" on the same game.

You can have 20 shots and still be a boring game. Long shots are a problem so it maybe a huge factor. Tried highering the tempo? higher tempo or upping it in matches can make a difference, can unsettle teams if the possession thing isn't working. Depends on away games too, you are likely to be somewhat cautious compared to home games so that can be an effect to cause some away games are heavily OP to play against. Eveno dominating matches is kinda "boring" but as long as they play within the way you want then it should be fine. I think @Saint_Lane makes a good point ^ but i'd think it's a little less specific and more to do with players ratings as an overall. If they're playing well it's entertaining, if not is it really? Best for the SI to answer this maybe even the mods. 

Thanks for the thoughts. I'm happy with the consistently good results that my tactic is getting so I think I'll just leave it alone and deal with the inconsistent nature of this part of the club vision. I'm getting enough results so it shouldn't cause a problem, it's just perplexing.

1 hour ago, Declan Cahill said:

Don't go route one anyway, 3-0, 3-2, 4-1, 2-0, 3-1, 3-1..... Wins.... Fans are concerned and unimpressed with the style of football played.

Guess the crowd are based on west ham, "its not the west ham way"

They can suck on my long balls :hammer:

So you're doing a burnley and are fans are unimpressed, classic. 

Winning and goals, I have this one on my save and seem to be meeting it as I am winning a decent amount of games and scoring a decent amount of goals.

I'd also hazard to guess maybe not a lot of goals from set pieces and not playing defensively? 

I have that one + attacking football + possession football + high press as well. 

My club vision is like 10 things (all that above + develop young players, sign young players, make a profit on players, sign no players over 28 and get first teamers on long term contract), they are a picky board! 

I also had one for ages that baffled me, I had an objective to reach the Europa Cup 11 by my third season and had know idea what that was, had to go google it to find out UEFA were bringing in a new 3rd tier of European competition. 

I think probably some sort of breakdown or further details for some of the objectives might be a good idea to have as the feedback doesn't tell you much. 

I currently have a board that is simultaneously happy at the clearly visible entertaining football, and unhappy at the lack of entertaining football being played. I'm also expected to play attacking football, defensive football, possession football, entertaining football, and focus on set pieces ... I'm at the point of just ignoring the style parts of the club vision because this is ridiculous.

"Entertaining football" can be a subjective concept, but I bet everyone can tell the difference between entertaining and boring football, despite their preferences. A "park the bus" style is entertaining? Not really...

4 hours ago, superposh said:

Having players that get the crowd going, try tricks, dribble more, stuff like that might help too? We'd all rather watch Zlatan or Neymar than Ashley Barnes or Danny Drinkwater, right? 

I'd rather watch Kevin Davies than neymar.

I'd watch horsefield  over ballotelli

Heskey over Suarez.

Honesty + determination > sly and slick.

Just my opinion though

Not necessarily because if you look at the feedback section you'll find supporters praising the "entertaining football" on show even after a frustrating 1-1. My Arsenal save team only managed to score 4 goals or more in one match, lots of 1-0s but I'm praised for entertaining footie so....