[FM20][FM21][FM22][FM23] Calcio

zlatanera

1 hour ago, OlivierL said:

I'm planning to start with a team from Serie D (a classic Palermo game) but i have to holiday the game or download a database i suppose ?

I simulated. I loaded the Irish league, which starts in February, and then simmed until June I thinkĀ 

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Mr_Demus said:

I simulated. I loaded the Irish league, which starts in February, and then simmed until June I thinkĀ 

Thanks, i'm not sure who i should pick.. Palermo and Bari are the popular choices. Maybe Monza ? or the oldest team in the whole league ?

Fantastic to see this thread starting to pick up paces :cool:Ā  However, I am tempted to load up my Pescara save (saved it before I tookĀ Atalanta job)

@OlivierLĀ Sassuolo, Cagliari, Benevento, Perugia. Verona

5 minutes ago, Rober82 said:

My journey with Foggia is starting tomorrow. Hopefully the miracle will be back!

I found a db at some Italian site, so hoping it's good.

Very excited to see more Serie D saves! Can't wait to see how you get on.

24 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

Thanks, i'm not sure who i should pick.. Palermo and Bari are the popular choices. Maybe Monza ? or the oldest team in the whole league ?

Bari is in Serie C/C, not Serie D, but I would be very curious to see how you get on as I'm playing with them now and am the only one I've seen in charge of them anywhere.

If you want some other suggestions, Pro Vercelli has the most history out of all of Serie C, and I've always wanted to try them but never done it. Check out their past if you don't know! They only recently got relegated from Serie B so they shouldn't be egregiously poor. In contrast, you could do Catania, who are a solid team in Serie C/C to be the foil to the Palermo saves - Sicily needs some love across the board considering how far the island has fallen lately!

Ā 

GUYS I DID IT. It only took me 3 days of agonizing over it, but I finally figured out how to get around my situation.

I can't cancel the terribleĀ deal the board accepted for my starting striker. But you know who can? The player himself.

How do you get the player to cancel the deal? Get him a better one.

So I offered him out for the lowest amount the board would allow, enticing bigger clubs to come to the table.

He accepted one of those, rejected the original, and since the board didn't force this new one offer to be accepted, I was able to cancel it!

Now we're right back where we started, all within the confines of game mechanics. Brilliant, if I do say so myself.Ā Ā :D

image.thumb.png.57b725ea528ab910d22a9a2373324cf2.png

image.thumb.png.a8bf19519060ce0264503a6b0bb1fcd1.png

9 minutes ago, Weston said:

Now we're right back where we started, all within the confines of game mechanics. Brilliant, if I do say so myself.Ā Ā :D

Haha, fab solution - glad you found one you're happy with.

1 hour ago, Weston said:

GUYS I DID IT. It only took me 3 days of agonizing over it, but I finally figured out how to get around my situation.

Nicely done, mate. Glad for you. Some people won't understand the attachment and connection to FM and what it meant :D

How come it says it's looking forward to more playing time?

1 hour ago, OlivierL said:

Whichever you choose, welcome! :D

Had a quick look online, and there are 9 leagues in Serie D? :eek:

One team (two actually) that look interesting are FC Messina and Messina. I'm sure there's an interesting story there since they are in the same league :D

1 hour ago, Rober82 said:

My journey with Foggia is starting tomorrow. Hopefully the miracle will be back!

I found a db at some Italian site, so hoping it's good.

Try simming it for a season and see if everything is working fine?

Though, since it's from Italy, I think you should be good to go.

I actually didn't play as Parma in FM15. I missed out on the experience then, and I'm tempted to give it a go now since I still have it on my Steam. I guess it needed a db downloaded as well for FM15?

40 minutes ago, quee said:

How come it says it's looking forward to more playing time?

Probably because I signed him as a squad player to keep wages down. I've noticed this is annoying wrinkle, I negotiate as low as possible for obvious reasons, even if I do intend to use them as a starter or important player. Gotta have more room to move up to later in future renewals.Ā If another club offers a higher status the player will think they'll get more playing time, even if they're already starting every game for you with a lower status.

Edited by Weston

1 minute ago, Stackalee said:

Can you not just fix it by altering his playing time?

Yes, but that was never anĀ issue, he was neverĀ complaining about his playing time. It only came up at all in this message because thisĀ offer that came in happened to offer more, so the game pulled that as the reason for the text.

22 hours ago, quee said:

Can we see Juve squad now under you?

Ronaldo just extended his contract in mine, so he will be playing still in the 4th season (2022/2023).

This is the current team after spending Ā£157m to strengthen our weaker areas. Lot of old players too who are dropping right off. Kovacic is 31 Fekir is 32 Carvahlo is 33 Carvajal is 33 Icardi is 32. Seem to be struggling for consistency too my old Napoli team are sensational.
76E941C8A656C43313383B60393248E7F4E84A88

6 minutes ago, Weston said:

Probably because I signed him as a squad player to keep wages down. I've noticed this is annoying wrinkle, I negotiate as low as possible for obvious reasons, even if I do intend to use them as a starter or important player. Gotta have more room to move up to later in future renewals.Ā If another club offers a higher status the player will think they'll get more playing time, even if they're already starting every game for you with a lower status.

Definitely a factor then why the board accepted the bid. It was for a squad player in status, coming back to the reputation and what Ben had explained.

But it is over now. At least we know it is not a bug :D

1 minute ago, Weston said:

Yes, but that was never anĀ issue, he was neverĀ complaining about his playing time. It only came up at all in this message because thisĀ offer that came in happened to offer more, so the game pulled that as the reason for the text.

Sorry I missed the bit in previous post about leaving room to increase in later negotiations, that's an interesting idea.

3 minutes ago, WilsonJuve said:

This is the current team after spending Ā£157m to strengthen our weaker areas. Lot of old players too who are dropping right off. Kovacic is 31 Fekir is 32 Carvahlo is 33 Carvajal is 33 Icardi is 32. Seem to be struggling for consistency too my old Napoli team are sensational.

At least I recognised a lot of the names, which I liked. So many real players still, instead of regens. Nice! 2 original players still at the club as well? A few of the players are interesting as well to end up at Juve.

How is Jean Pyerre? I'm actually thinking of him as my 2nd target behind Castrovilli, but he doesn't seem a natural for the MC position?

Constantino is another goalkeeping brother? Or a regen?

2 minutes ago, quee said:

At least I recognised a lot of the names, which I liked. So many real players still, instead of regens. Nice! 2 original players still at the club as well? A few of the players are interesting as well to end up at Juve.

How is Jean Pyerre? I'm actually thinking of him as my 2nd target behind Castrovilli, but he doesn't seem a natural for the MC position?

Constantino is another goalkeeping brother? Or a regen?

A regen who is nowhere near the true Donnarumma haha. And Pyerre is decent but managers before me limited his playtime so its stunted his growth a lot. Kinda worried theres a chance I might not meet board expectations this season and the dream could be over. Gonna be a long season.

584ab15330d6736bca3d6e24.png

Season 19/20.

We end up winning the league and the Tim Cup. I was not expecting that, but we only lost 1 game the whole season, and 6 draws. It was a very good allround performance.

I end up winning the manager of the year, so i am very happy. I am exciting to get to the new season.

TransfersĀ 19/20.
IN

NicolĆ³ Armini - Ā from Lazio. - He played so well the first season, so now he is my main centerback with Romagnoli.

Douglas Costa -Ā from Juventus. - It was just a loan. He was very disappointed.

Andrea Belloti -Ā from Torino. - IĀ bought him i january. He played so well. happy for this signing.

Paolo Gozzi -Ā from Juventus. - Another young player i can see some potientiale in. Played the first year on U/20. Now he is in the first team.

Mattia Viviani -Ā from Brescia. - Loan back for the whole season. Play now on the first team.

OUT

Hakan Ƈalhanoglu -Ā to Leicester. - He was not in my plans.

Lucas Biglia -Ā to Spal. - Big wages to get rid of.Ā 

LĆ©o Duarte -Ā to Wolfsburg. - Not good enough.Ā 

Ā 

New season 20/21.

I am excited to play UCL again. Milan should always play UCL. so therefore i make big changes to the team.Ā 

Ā 

Transfers 20/21.

IN

Federico Chiesa -Ā from Fiorentina. - Class player for my right wing.

Memphis DepayĀ - from Lyon. - Class player for my left wing.

Sandro Tonali -Ā from Brescia. - Another class player for the DM. i was hoping to get rid off bennacer for alot of money, but no one came in with a bet. He is loan out to Brescia again.

Bryan Cristante -Ā from Roma. - I think he is a top player. i have always wanted him, so it was easy. He is a Milan boy.

and some Regens with huge potientiale.

OUT

Diego Laxalt - to West ham. - I dont like him. bad stats.

Alen Halilovic -Ā to Strasbourg. - Not good enough.

Mateo Musacchio -Ā to Real Madrid. - Played very well, but he starting to get old.

Samu Castillejo -Ā to Dortmund. - Very glad for this transfer. With big names coming in, then he need to go.

Ā 

I hope with the new signings we can play as good as last season. So will come with an update around january.

Edited by dennislauridsen

4 minutes ago, WilsonJuve said:

A regen who is nowhere near the true Donnarumma haha. And Pyerre is decent but managers before me limited his playtime so its stunted his growth a lot. Kinda worried theres a chance I might not meet board expectations this season and the dream could be over. Gonna be a long season.

Where will you go next, after Juventus? Inter? :D

Where do you play Pyerre then? AMC?

2 hours ago, Weston said:

Bari is in Serie C/C, not Serie D, but I would be very curious to see how you get on as I'm playing with them now and am the only one I've seen in charge of them anywhere.

If you want some other suggestions, Pro Vercelli has the most history out of all of Serie C, and I've always wanted to try them but never done it. Check out their past if you don't know! They only recently got relegated from Serie B so they shouldn't be egregiously poor. In contrast, you could do Catania, who are a solid team in Serie C/C to be the foil to the Palermo saves - Sicily needs some love across the board considering how far the island has fallen lately!

Ā 

Thanks for the tips, i know about Pro Vercelli, my mate @stefaanpeeraer played talked and started with them.

Catania could be a good option.. I played with Bari last edition , youth only for a few season.

Where will you go next, after Juventus? Inter? :D

Where do you play Pyerre then? AMC?

Mainly as cover for ST to be honest. He was here when I joined and my main tactic is standard 4-4-2 so barely play an AMC. Couldnt go Inter. Mind you they have some of the craziest regens I have ever seen. Esposito seems to develop well he is at Madrid on my save still only 23 and on Ā£375k a week :eek:

2 minutes ago, WilsonJuve said:

Esposito seems to develop well he is at Madrid on my save still only 23 and on Ā£375k a week

And here I was insisting on playing him on the wings :lol:

31 minutes ago, quee said:

Definitely a factor then why the board accepted the bid. It was for a squad player in status, coming back to the reputation and what Ben had explained.

But it is over now. At least we know it is not a bug :D

Ā 

31 minutes ago, Stackalee said:

Sorry I missed the bit in previous post about leaving room to increase in later negotiations, that's an interesting idea.

Ā 

Actually I was wrong! I opened up the game and looked - he's had a squad status of "regular starter" for me all along. So perhaps the other club offered him "important" or "star" player status, or this could be a bug in and of itself.

In any case, yes, I always try to commit to as little as I can in negotiations to keep me off the hook and also give me more room to negotiate up into later on. Always under promise and over deliver, or at least under promise and come in for parĀ Ā ;)

Edited by Weston

13 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

I played with Bari last edition , youth only for a few season.

How did it turn out? I got them from Serie D to the Champions League and then was poached by Milan.

Just now, Weston said:

or this could be a bug in and of itself.

Stop it! Not everything is a bug :lol:

This is why I don't use the editor, it can be a slippery slope.. just one more.. last change.. why not this one as well? :lol:

19 minutes ago, dennislauridsen said:

NicolĆ³ Armini - Ā from Lazio. - He played so well the first season, so now he is my main centerback with Romagnoli.

Paolo Gozzi -Ā from Juventus. - Another young player i can see some potientiale in. Played the first year on U/20. Now he is in the first team.

I thought Armini must've gone back to Lazio in your save after leaving, but I see in real life he never left? So in my save was he released after the game started for some reason? Very strange...

As for Gozzi, I loaned him in a bit, but he has 10 heading for me which was too much of a liability. Is he stronger for you?

Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 1.30.59 PM.png

Stop it! Not everything is a bug :lol:

This is why I don't use the editor, it can be a slippery slope.. just one more.. last change.. why not this one as well? :lol:

No, stuff like this is very often coming through incorrectly, it's just a reality of the game. How do you think the meme accounts get so much material?

3 minutes ago, Weston said:

How did it turn out? I got them from Serie D to the Champions League and then was poached by Milan.

great ! i stopped when we were promoted to serie b and started with FC Andorra :)

My best game in Italy was with Parma when they were in the serie c. Love to do something like that.. or pick a team from a strange region or island ? Sardinia? Olbia Calcio ?

2 minutes ago, Weston said:

So in my save was he released after the game started for some reason? Very strange...

Use the editor to fix this! Put him back at Lazio now :lol:

Ā 

2 minutes ago, Weston said:

How do you think the meme accounts get so much material?

Not sure meme accounts are a good thing, tbh :D

Just now, OlivierL said:

great ! i stopped when we were promoted to serie b and started with FC Andorra :)

My best game in Italy was with Parma when they were in the serie c. Love to do something like that.. or pick a team from a strange region or island ? Sardinia? Olbia Calcio ?

Like I said previously I have 2 saves currently the Journeyman one where I manage Juventus currently previously at Monza, Napoli, Chelsea and similar to your Bari one I have a youth only Cesena save we are currenly in Serie A and look like surviving our 1st season there. Havent made a single singing since the save began. Thanfully the board have agreed to upgrade our youth funding and facilities this season which should help going forward.

1 minute ago, WilsonJuve said:

I have a youth only Cesena save we are currenly in Serie A and look like surviving our 1st season there

You're not doing updates on them? Would be interesting to read, as it look like a normal save, no cheating and boasting that you won Serie A back to back after promotions from Serie B - and the CL as well! :seagull::lol:

1 minute ago, quee said:

You're not doing updates on them? Would be interesting to read, as it look like a normal save, no cheating and boasting that you won Serie A back to back after promotions from Serie B - and the CL as well! :seagull::lol:

Yeah I dont know why no updates I guess I have just been chipping away at it and seem too far now to expand on it. Simone Lo Faso has been sensational for me though. I mean were currently 10 points above the relegation zone in Serie A after 16 games and he has managed to score 10 goals so far. Sadly our goal difference is negative at this point.....a recent 6-0 defeat against Juventus didnt help the matter. Its a tricky save too because after getting promoted from Serie C we carried the momentum over into Serie B eventually finishing 2nd. The problem is Im not sure if that is a good thing. I mean I wanted serie a football for the extra income and chance of improving the facilities but on the other hand it increases the boards expectations. They have a suprisingly young team though which is ideal in the squad we only have 6 players over the age of 25 and only 2 of those are over the age of 30. I have not been lucky at all with any of my youth intakes so far though which needs to change in the next few seasons for us to keep our place in the top flight.
Here is Lo Faso.....
E5B1F376C4306AE1767EDDA9B68896953B747112795B319D0126294D6D8DD844E2AA5F16818B0510

4 minutes ago, Stackalee said:

Always about cheating never about tactics, and Esposito out wide - wonder what the issue is?Ā :lol:

As someone who plays a narrow midfield diamond without wingers I always hate seeing a perfectly good central player wasted out wide! If I ever leave a club my replacement inevitably forces my old players to the wings. Awful.

@quee I have been looking in the youth only side of the forum and there is one guy in particular who must have the patience of a saint. He started in the lowest playable league in england and well.......I cant quite put it into words so here is a picture of his progress.
a839bbe099913944eb61f22579e1cda2.png

Here is Lo Faso.....

Nice! That's a good amount of goals for a relegation-threatened team. How does he scores most of his goals? Long shots or setpieces?

The problem is Im not sure if that is a good thing

I also agree with you on this point. At times I prefer my Parma to still be playing Europa League instead of the CL after 3 seasons. The old UEFA Cup was a huge part of Parma's history, would be nice if I can win it again as well. I still remember some part of those finals back then, great memories! :D

So, I understand about wanting to delay to get to the top straight away, as you can build your side organically and economically natural as part of the challenges in the game. Another season in Serie B could help, but fighting relegation in Serie A is a great challenge on it's own as well.

@quee I have been looking in the youth only side of the forum and there is one guy in particular who must have the patience of a saint. He started in the lowest playable league in england and well.......I cant quite put it into words so here is a picture of his progress.
a839bbe099913944eb61f22579e1cda2.png

Insanity.

1 minute ago, quee said:

At times I prefer my Parma to still be playing Europa League instead of the CL after 3 seasons. The old UEFA Cup was a huge part of Parma's history, would be nice if I can win it again as well. I still remember some part of those finals back then, great memories! :D

No worries if you overachieve into the CL, simply finish 3rd in your group!

Just now, quee said:

Nice! That's a good amount of goals for a relegation-threatened team. How does he scores most of his goals? Long shots or setpieces?

Ā 

Open play mostly few headers and shots from the box. This is 3 days after the last screenshot was taken............:brock:

D88C8F8BCFC53F05CF96ED374D31273D473B4990
:D:D:D

4 minutes ago, WilsonJuve said:

I cant quite put it into words so here is a picture of his progress.

That's commitment! But that's also FM for you, we play this because we enjoy it, we grow attach to it, we have a journey with our teams and managers - not about cheating to fulfill your narcissistic need to 'appear' good to others.

For me, that's not even the slowest of progress I've seen. Go to any San Marino topics and you can see people playing until 2040s and 2050s before any results can be seen in their development.

3 minutes ago, Weston said:

Insanity.

No worries if you overachieve into the CL, simply finish 3rd in your group!

I know rit really is. And still only finshing 13th after all them seasons. Can only imagine the feeling when he finally goes up.

1 minute ago, quee said:

That's commitment! But that's also FM for you, we play this because we enjoy it, we grow attach to it, we have a journey with our teams and managers - not about cheating to fulfill your narcissistic need to 'appear' good to others.

The real joy comes fromĀ denigrating others for doing what you can't though, right?Ā :)

33 minutes ago, Weston said:

I thought Armini must've gone back to Lazio in your save after leaving, but I see in real life he never left? So in my save was he released after the game started for some reason? Very strange...

As for Gozzi, I loaned him in a bit, but he has 10 heading for me which was too much of a liability. Is he stronger for you?

Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 1.30.59 PM.png

Armini is in the final year of his contract at the start, so maybe just made it easier for someone to get him for free.

5 minutes ago, WilsonJuve said:

This is 3 days after the last screenshot was taken

Nice, looking promising. I hava a general rules of 5 seasons in before we get to see some regens worth building your side around coming through, though I'm sure longer for clubs with less developed facilities.

In my 3 seasons so far, there's no one I'm particularly looking at and think "now that's a regen I want to use, for sure", though some of them are good enough!

I do miss in older FMs where there's a notification where it said "A promising and exciting local-born player is coming through in the academy". So far, in both FM19 and FM20, I don't see this?

3 minutes ago, sedge11 said:

Armini is in the final year of his contract at the start, so maybe just made it easier for someone to get him for free.

If you don't have the first transfer window disabled, apparently you can get him on a compensation right at the start of the game.

39 minutes ago, Weston said:

Ā 

Here is he in my save.Ā 

20200501200958_1.jpg

Ā 

And GozziĀ 

Ā 

20200501201122_1.jpg

Edited by dennislauridsen

Just now, quee said:

Nice, looking promising. I hava a general rules of 5 seasons in before we get to see some regens worth building your side around coming through, though I'm sure longer for clubs with less developed facilities.

In my 3 seasons so far, there's no one I'm particularly looking at and think "now that's a regen I want to use, for sure", though some of them are good enough!

I do miss in older FMs where there's a notification where it said "A promising and exciting local-born player is coming through in the academy". So far, in both FM19 and FM20, I don't see this?

yeah thankfully my team is absolutely packed with players where it still says they are only decent for most serie B sides.Ā  In fact I just checked my strongest 11 and 4 of them are at Serie C level 6 of them at serie b with only my keeper and DR saying potential for serie a and the lo faso which oddly doesnt specify at all. So any player coming through could massively improve on what I Have.

yeah thankfully my team is absolutely packed with players where it still says they are only decent for most serie B sides.Ā  In fact I just checked my strongest 11 and 4 of them are at Serie C level 6 of them at serie b with only my keeper and DR saying potential for serie a and the lo faso which oddly doesnt specify at all. So any player coming through could massively improve on what I Have.

In what order do you think the players description goes from the youth intakes? Great prospect, Top prospect, Caught the eye.. It could described any level of ability but at which order?

Golden Generation usually means they are more than a few with 3* PA, I think? Never as what it was meant to stand for like Class of '92 :lol: