Sign here if you got the game working with no problems.........

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, up and running like most people.

There is of course a seemingly firm desire by some in the 'anti-DRM' crowd who are wanting to make it sound otherwise. I've very sympathy with those struggling but they'd be helped a lot faster if the anti-DRM mob, many of which are only upset because it's harder to pirate, were making less noise, that way SI could hear genuine complaints, from genuine people, with genuine issues and factual, constructive feedback.

Received my FM2009 themed mini mouse from HMV yesterday and the actual game today (would have preferred it the other way around, but never mind!).

Installed from DVD and authenticated on-line within 5 minutes - no problems at all.

We're not gloating in this thread, it is very important to have a balanced perspective with all things.

Bought the boxed version today and installed & authenticated with no problem whatever. Patched though steam no bother. I did have one glitch, prog crashed at my first team selection. Restarted, switched to windowed mode and spent a happy afternoon getting up to speed :-)

Having fun :-)

Pretty much, I had to download some DivX pack to start with which took like 2 hours to finally install but afterwards it was all good. I'm having a bit of a problem now though, minimizing it does more bad than good but I can see past that.

And hey Izual.

I was pleased at the convenience of my Steam install on release day. The download was really speedy, with the automatic patching and authentication a very nice touch. :thup:

I do feel sorry for the rest when they had issues with installing or authenticating their copies though. After installation, I had hopped onto the forums to check out wwfan's excellent tactics compendium but noticed all these other posts about authenticating. Following that, I kind of curtailed my playing the game as I felt slightly guilty that I was enjoying the game while others could not haha. That is until I could not resist any longer and dove straight back into the game yesterday, on a lazy Sunday afternoon! :D

Pretty much, I had to download some DivX pack to start with which took like 2 hours to finally install but afterwards it was all good. I'm having a bit of a problem now though, minimizing it does more bad than good but I can see past that.

And hey Izual.

>__________> oh noes a stalker.

downloaded off steam fri night! no problems whatsoever (touch wood).

absolutely loving the game! patch has made a world of difference from the demo.

some iranian billionaire has taken over on my rangers game! what gets better than that lol.

I have a lower spec machine while waiting for my new pc to be delivered and my works fine, 3d a little bity ropey, but thats due to my low spec, game installed and activate at first time of asking.

No probs for me cant wait to see the new 3d graphics on my new machine, they look agreat tool to decide if your tactis are doing there job.

Archived