dafuge's FM09 challenge

• Replies 19.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It does mean there's an in-game editor present on the computer though, unless his brother has gone to the trouble of downloading and installing one.

It's been deleted. I had it on my PC for my sign-up, which has been closed due to corrupt save game files.

It does mean there's an in-game editor present on the computer though, unless his brother has gone to the trouble of downloading and installing one.

You can set yourself a nickname, I done it on my game. My managers name is my real name but my nickname is 'bhoy'.

Update BSP 2011/2012 FC United

After a good 2-1 win over Northwich on day one of the new season, I've not won a game since. Leaking goals at the back and not scoring enough being the problems. I'm creating chances but I have one striker who refuses to score a goal unless he comes off the bench to do so and another who isnt really up to the task. I signed a number of players during the summer and maybe the squad hasnt gelled properly, I also sacked Paul Power as Ass Man and brought in a new guy. Its frustrating how now I'm losing to teams that I would have beaten easily last season.

Ossett Town - Championship (2039/2040)

Championship Prediction - 18

Championship Position - 3

Table

Graph

Summary

Did well most of the season, although i had to make some changes as i sold my best player for the second year in a row.

I got 3mil for him so accepted it and i didnt really think we were good and solid enough for a playoff spot this season either, but we managed!

Especially my young player Scott has gotten his breakthrough, and im happy to say that his contract is not running out anytime soon :)

I got 4-5 other players as well who are young and good, and they will problary make the team the next 10 years.

Lucky me got a new stadium! 6000 seats wasnt enough for PL luckely :)

Playoff Semi final

Playoff Final

A little luck saw us making the premier league! im not sure what to expect, but it will be a very difficult season, no doubt!

Players: Who will keep us safe in the prem?

Squad My team is to young, so maybee the promotion came to soon, we'll see.

As you can see i have a bit of a luxury problem with my GKs, not sure which one to use the most:

Patterson Think he has the biggest potential!

Ivanov

Derbyshire Big breakthrough this year!

Haufe

ScottGreat playmaker, magnifico!

Anderson

Manager Overview

Transfers

Goals for the upcoming season:

Main priority is to stay up no doubt! We must pay our trust in tactics and luck, because the players are not good enough imo.

We have been given a transfer budget of 26mil!! How thats possible i dont know, as we are also building a new stadium, i think

i have to be carefull not to blow them all. But with that kind of money i think we should be able to stay up, lets see.

League                Season    Finished   Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------
Blue Square South     2009/10   15th       Quarter Finals CLC
Blue Square South     2010/11   1st        BSS League Champions
Blue Square Premier   2011/12   13st       none
Blue Square Premier   2012/13   1st        BSP League Champions
League Two	      2013/14   4th	   Promoted via Playoffs
League One	      2014/15   17th   	   FA Trophy Semi-finalist
League One	      2015/16   8th	   none 
League One	      2016/17   2nd        Promotion
Championship	      2017/18   17th	   none
Championship	      2018/19	16th       none	
Championship  	      2019/20	3rd	   Playoff Semi-final losers
Championship	      2020/21   1st	   Promoted as Champions
Premier League	      2021/22  	16th	   none
Premier League	      2022/23  	5th	   FA Cup Semi-Finalist
Premier League	      2023/24   11th	   Uefa Cup Quarter finals
Premier League	      2024/25   4th        Uefa cup Winners, FA Cup Winners, League Cup Runners-Up.
Premier League        2025/26   2nd	   none
Premier League        2026/27   2nd        none
Premier League        2027/28   3rd	   Champions League Winners 
Premier League	      2028/29   1st        Premier League Champions, Champions League Winners, FA Cup Winners
				   Euro Super Cup Winners, Club World Championship Winners [b][i] Challenge completed [/b][/i]      
Premier League	      2029/30   1st
Premier League	      2030/31   1st	   Champions League Winners, FA Cup Winners
Premier League	      2031/32   1st 	   League Cup Winners

[b] End of Wealdstone Career [/b]
[b] Start of Ossett Town Career[/b]

Blue Square North     2032/33   1st 	   Promoted as Champions
Blue Square Premier   2033/34   11th	   none 
Blue Square Premier   2034/35   1st	   Promoted as Champions	
League Two            2035/36   1st	   Promoted as Champions   
League One            2036/37   6th	   Playoff Final losers  
League One            2037/38   1st	   Promoted as Champions
Championship	      2038/39	14th	   none 
Championship	      2039/40	3rd	   Promoted via Playoff 

Ty Guys.. :)

About the finances im keeping an eye on them, thats why im not gonna blow the whole transfer budget! But im only paying 250k a month for the next 15 years! :p

Wealdstone won 3 years in a row after i left them.. but then they sold a couple of my discoveries and bought crap, and got 3 second places, and the last two years they have only managed to barely reach CHL ending 4th

First game in the Championship :cool: \o/

I'm on normal tackling and 4 minutes were added on.

Another Bernard Brennan beast :D \o/

Ty Guys.. :)

About the finances im keeping an eye on them, thats why im not gonna blow the whole transfer budget! But im only paying 250k a month for the next 15 years! :p

Wealdstone won 3 years in a row after i left them.. but then they sold a couple of my discoveries and bought crap, and got 3 second places, and the last two years they have only managed to barely reach CHL ending 4th

Shows just how bad the AI managers are in comparison to the human ones :/

dafuge/anyone else - I seem to remember an 'additional hairstyle's pack' for regens but I have lost it, and after a few searches can't seem to find the original thread. Could someone help me find the thread please?

I'm using some OLT Expanded Hairpack.

Website

id like an answer to this...

unless u edited ur name using an editor

Grow up.

He's already answered how the name thing happened in the thread but yet again you just ignore that and try and accuse someone of cheating. Just because he's done well doesn't mean he's cheated, other people have done just as well as him

Grow up.

He's already answered how the name thing happened in the thread but yet again you just ignore that and try and accuse someone of cheating. Just because he's done well doesn't mean he's cheated, other people have done just as well as him

are you a rtard why would his son have the last name beckford if his original manager name was hamilton 162

KaNovi - Gilbert looks like a BEAST! Great signing at only 6m euros.

Funbags - I think i speak for everyone when i say: "Shut it". He's explained himself, I for one believe him, and I think you sound fairly pathetic tbh...I'm fairly new to this thread, and it's the best of the lot on here. Even if one or two people are cheating (and I have no reason to believe anyone is, as it seems a bit of a waste of time to devote this sort of energy to giving these updates if they're faked) - i genuinely dont care. TBH if anyone is cheating, i just feel sorry for them/think they have too much time on their hands if they're willing to spend all this time talking about/updating strangers on their fake journeys. What would be the point. I mean i could give you an update now saying that I have taken Boreham Wood to Champions League glory after just 5 seasons but why would i want to do that?!

**RANT OVER!*** And for anyone who's genuinely interested, I've just lost for the first time in eight league games, and I'm 5 points off the playoff spots, with 15 games remaining....

I have quite a few, though less than 24 mainly because if I ask for a specific type they don't find anyone, and my board have a habit of cancelling existing ones after a couple of seasons.

I nearly always seem to get Abbey Hey (sp?) who are in the North West Counties league recommended even though my players won't go on loan to my Championship feeders let alone a non-league team.

Has anyone ever actually found a use for the first option ones? (apart from to gain knowledge) - they don't seem to produce more or better players, and when they do produce a player it's not as if they are that hard to sign anyway.

does anyone know on what criteria the overall best 11 is picked as i just had a look at mine and its full of some crap players who have barely played whilst leaving out some far better players.

For instance it has schmidt at left midfield, played just 39 games in total (half as sub), 1 goal, average 6.9. on his player history he played 40 :confused:

Rose has played 378 league games( not sure about other games without looking at each season, wish player career stats would include them) scored 42 goals average 7.15

Rose was also in last years best eleven ahead of schmidt when he had his 39 apps :confused:

in cd it has Val 58 total apps 4 goal 6.59 leaving out Green 239 league apps (again not sure total apps) 6 goals rating 6.94

Also no place for Ross who had 501 league apps and 223 league goals

As far as I can tell higher leagues are rated higher - so if someone has played a handful of bad games in the Premiership, they may get in ahead of a player who's played several hundred games at a lower level.

IMO it should go on the amount of matches a player has played, it's slightly disappointing having a guy who played over 400 gmaes replaced by a player with a hundred or so :(

window lickers annonymous in here just tell me wouldnt his sons surname be 162 and have australian as a second nationality?

honestly I don't know. It depends on how FM creates the player. It could be the son's name is created from ones own real name, but it could also be that it can be created from the nickname too.

Perhaps Dafuge can shine a light on the nationality thing if he has screenshots of other players son's.

honestly I don't know. It depends on how FM creates the player. It could be the son's name is created from ones own real name, but it could also be that it can be created from the nickname too.

Perhaps Dafuge can shine a light on the nationality thing if he has screenshots of other players son's.

I would have expected to have seen Australian 2nd nationality but I'm fairly sure the name comes from the real name not the nickname now.

I honestly don't know though, I know very little about the feature which is why I wanted the screenshots in the first place.

Time to move on and drop the matter now though I think...

As far as I can tell higher leagues are rated higher - so if someone has played a handful of bad games in the Premiership, they may get in ahead of a player who's played several hundred games at a lower level.

IMO it should go on the amount of matches a player has played, it's slightly disappointing having a guy who played over 400 gmaes replaced by a player with a hundred or so :(

I can understand about you are saying about higher leagues counting more although i notice it also includes cup games.

In the examples i gave val played 2 and a half seasons in the prem, schmidt has had 1 season in the prem.

Rose had 7 years in championship and has 4 in the prem with over 100 league apps.

Green had 6 in the championship and has 4 in the prem, again with nearly 100 apps.

Both average 6.95-7.0 in the prem, easily ahead of the players in the overall 11

Just started as Forest Green Rovers. Signed Mike Green, a talented young keeper, on loan from Bristol Rovers. Played 2 games. First, I lost 2-1 to Rotherham, after taking the lead in the first half. My next game was against Farnborough. After going 1-0 down in the 20th minute, I equalised through Stonehouse, and in the 90th minute, John Hardiker's 20 yard strike gave us the lead.

Just started as Forest Green Rovers. Signed Mike Green, a talented young keeper, on loan from Bristol Rovers. Played 2 games. First, I lost 2-1 to Rotherham, after taking the lead in the first half. My next game was against Farnborough. After going 1-0 down in the 20th minute, I equalised through Stonehouse, and in the 90th minute, John Hardiker's 20 yard strike gave us the lead.

You might want to read the opening post carefully, Forest Green are not eligible for this challenge since they start in the BSP.

Bradford PA – Premier League 2022/23

After winning the Premier League for the first time last season I was determined to progress in Europe and cement my place at the top of the Premier League, but things don't always turn out how you planned them too.

Pre-Season transfers saw highly promising youngster Jeremy Leclerc arrive for just under two million pounds. Leclerc to me seems to have a promising future in the game, if nurtured correctly I could have a real star on my hands. Next through the door was two halves of David Fedele equalling a sum of 14 million pounds, Fedele was a new Italian international and was determined to hold down a place in the Italian Squad by performing well at club level, and I was hoping the same thing.

The last of my three signings was German Wonderkid Falko Cozza, a hard-tackling determined midfielder, the typical German footballer in my eyes but also mixed with the passing ability of a Brazilian playmaker. Cozza will be a crucial player for the club over the next ten years if I can keep hold of him as he is blessed with all the natural ability you could ask for.

With no first teamers leaving the club during pre-season I had a reasonably settled squad, although in January I did allow Andrzej Sacha, Ignacio Delgado and Massimilano Bruno leave the club.

Sacha was always a bit-part player and was always looking for a first team role, so he left ship to go to Cardiff. Another player to head to Cardiff was Delgado. For 5 years the ever-present on the right-wing but he was turning the wrong side of 30 and his performances had dropped considerably, I thought it was right to accept a 14 and a half million pounds bid from Cardiff while I had the chance.

Bruno was the most upsetting of the lot to leave, coming to the club with so much promise, he never fulfilled his potential. Rated as one of the best players in the division when he arrived after fighting off competition from Europe's top clubs, he continually disappointed, with his top goal scoring campaign being a paltry 8 goals from 36 games, due to this he was allowed to leave the club to join a club in his homeland; Lazio.

The season started off well with two trophies out of two, with a community shield win over Arsenal and a Super Cup win over Real Madrid; after these I felt that we could go on and doing something special during the season, I was sadly very disappointed.

We were never in contention for the league, as we drew too many silly games and lost games when we were winning and bossing the game. The squad harmony hit an all time 0% during the seasona dn this wasn't helped by injuries to all my players that were able to play CB meaning my towering striker Valenti had to fill in at the back for a month, which included 4 fixtures against the top 4 and two against top half teams, not ideal. When all my players were fit however towards the end of the season, we showed what we could do with 4 victories in a row followed by a couple of defeats. We ended in a very disappointing 9th place and I expect a recovery next season.

League Table | League Graph

Champions League:

Before the Champions League I was confident we were good enough to progress and win the competition. We walked the group stages, comfortably finishing top ahead of FC Bayern, with the youngsters playing the final two games.

My home form was key to the route to the final; with victories against Newcastle, Real Madrid & Juventus in our back garden proving that we were up there with the best.

The final will be best explained by a screenshot rather than me describing it, but it was a tight game, where we converted 3 goals from 4 shots. Very impressive in such a big game.

Final | Report

Knockout Round Tree | Group

Best Goal | Best Player | Dream Team

Squad:

GK: Ivanov; My favourite player, not the best, but highly valuable to the team, and a constant performer in the big games.

DR: Guilherme; The Brazilian nailed the right-back place and will be hoping to get back into the Brazil squad after an impressive season.

DC: Schutz; The impressive Belgian spent just as much time getting warnings from the referee as he did playing. Still, he did play outstanding when he wasn't banned.

DC: Loncaric; The massive Aussie was like his native Ayres Rock at the back; he gets better with age; which is handy for someone turning the wrong side of 30.

DL: Muller; The weak link in my squad and got constantly run around and out of position; will be backup next season

MR: Camara; Captain of the team moved to his weaker position but sitll performed extremly well.

DM: Cozza; The wonderkid came in and was phenomonal, a hard tackling typical German powerhouse with the skill of a Brazilian playmaker.

CM: Jorge; The linchpin of my team and vital for the team to play well.

ML: Bond; Exceeded all expectations and chipped in with vital goals and assists for the team.

ST: Fedele; Fedele came in for his first season in English football and performed well; more will be expected next season though

ST: Ngema; Ngemas Goalscoring Record is second to none; key to club and country and will only improve

Reserves:

GK: Alfonso

MC: Leclerc

MC: Karadzic

ST: Valenti

MR: Burke

DR: Diatta

ST: Leconte

Next season will see wholesale changes as I get rid of players I no longer have an emotional attachment too in order to get some longevity into the save. Another reason for this is my lavish spending in order to get success has caused me to be in debt until the end of season financial rewards are handed out. A new tactic as well, to try and work around my players and play the football I want to be played will more than likely end in a mid table finish but I'm trying to get progression and then dominated world football whereas at the moment that's impossible with my squad and finances.

Affiliated Clubs | Finances

Season             League                    League Position          Achievements
2009/10           Blue Square North               1st                 Promoted as Champions.
2010/11           Blue Square Premier             1st                 Promoted as Champions.
2011/12           League Two                      6th                 Promoted through play-offs.
2012/13           League One                      14th             
2013/14           League One                      18th       
2014/15           League One                      6th                 Lost in play-off semi final           
2015/16           League One                      2nd                 Promoted      
2016/17           Championship                    7th
2017/18           Championship                    2nd                 Promoted
2018/19           Premiership                     17th             
2019/20           Premiership                     17th
2020/21           Premiership                     7th                 Qualified for Euro Cup
2021/22           Premiership                     1st                 PL Champions, Uefa Cup Winners
2022/23           Premiership                     9th                 Super Cup, Community Shield, Champions League.
*****************************************Challenge Complete******************************************

I would go into more detail on the champions league but firefox quit just as I was uploading the screenshots for the champions league after typing out at least 5 paragraphs for it. Therefore if you want any more screenshots, don't hesitate to ask.

End Of Season 2011/2012 BSN - FC United

After promotion to the BSP via the play offs, I started the season by (apparently) signing far too many players and the dressing room harmony was never quite right. Complete car crash of a season that ended in a less than impressive league placing and being dumped out of the cups in the early stages. I also seemed have a goal per game disallowed and managed to concede in the last 10 minutes 9 out of 10 games.

I think that I've got a good core to the squad now and hopefully a good pre season could help to unite the squad for the coming season. A couple of quality signings are still required as I'm desperate for a 20/25 goal a season striker and a good creative midfielder but apart from that, a play off spot is the aim.

Final Table

Squad List

Congratulations on completing the challenge TaylorB :thup:

Cheers:thup:. It doesn't feel like I've completed it though tbh. For example; you and Tom have both gone on too dominate world football after you complete the challenge, whereas there's no way I can do that with my budget and players.

Cheers:thup:. It doesn't feel like I've completed it though tbh. For example; you and Tom have both gone on too dominate world football after you complete the challenge, whereas there's no way I can do that with my budget and players.

I am five years ahead of you though, and you did complete the challenge a year faster than me so I don't see why you couldn't.

Domination has taken me a long time to achieve, there is no way I'd have a team as good as I've got now five years ago.

Decent season there, hopefully you can push for a playoff spot next year m4g1cm4n :thup:

Thanks, it didnt feel like a decent season but on reflection, I shouldnt have expected to finish in the top half so in that respect. Play-offs and League football here we come :)

Just looked at my average age of my squad, it was 28! :O Shocked me, so I brought in 5 youngsters that my scouts recommended, I seem to be having problems in the premiership for the last few years. Haven't won it. But I am dominating Europe, time for a tactics change maybe?

Plus I found a pretty good goalkeeper, he's 16 and has the potential to be better then my current according to my coach. A snip at just 250k.

And a wonderkid striker. He's 20 and scored 13 goals for Peru from 9 apperances!

Archived