DC - Chris Robetrson, 24, Scottish

MR - Stephen Turnbull, 23, English

ML - Jamie Dormer, 30, English

MC - Sam Cutler, 20, English

MC - Nathan Cartman, 20, English

ST - Matty Blinkhorn, 25, English

ST - Steve Basham, 32, English

Career History

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Season   League   Pos    Pre    F.A         LC    JPT       FAT      CLC      EL   CL    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10   BSS     3rd    21st   3rd Q.Rnd   N/A   N/A    1st Rnd   S 1st Rnd  N/A  N/A   Lost in play-off final

Key:

League: Current Division

Pos: Position

Pre: Predicted Position

F.A: F.A Cup

LC: League Cup

JPT: Johnstone's Paint Trophy

FAT: F.A Trophy

CLC: Conference League Cup

EL: Europa League

CL: Champions League

Switzerland - Euro 2028 Qualifying

This was the group when I took the job which gave me a chance to upset England and a decent chance of making the playoffs.

Switzerland vs Northern Ireland

We blew any tiny chance we had of topping the group with this defeat thanks to a late penalty.

England vs Switzerland

I was expecting a thrashing so it was good that we held our own for a lot of the match.

Switzerland vs Faroe Islands

We equalled the Swiss record win in a result that secured the playoff place for us.

Lithuania vs Switzerland

In a game that meant very little our finishing was dreadful.

Final Group Table

As expected, we made the playoffs in a draw that contained countries such as Holland, Italy, Sweden and Turkey. We certainly got the luck of the draw as we were paired with Belarus and Italy and Holland met each other.

Playoff leg 1

It was a very comfortable win but the second goal took a while to come.

Playoff leg 2

They tried hard but we were just too difficult to break down. This result means Switzerland will take part in the competition they missed out on four years ago. Here are the qualifying teams so as one of the underdogs we will just be hoping for a kind draw in the group stage.

That is insane, how do you do it? Do you play one up front?

Oswaldo Even is getting close to a goal a game but I can't see him ever getting that many.

No, i play 4-4-2 usually. I've developed it a lot since last season and we've started to score more. Maybe it's the supply that Brennan gets. My wingers and centre mid's are constantly putting chances on a plate for him. And he doesn't even take pens!

West Ham just ended my run of 15 consecutive wins with a 0-0 draw :(

Then Benfica follow that up by beating me with a 92nd minute fluke goal :mad:

Ouch! That's not nice. We're on a run of 58 (YES, FIFTY EIGHT) games without losing and no sign of that ending soon. I'm nearly finished the season and a report should be up tonight or tomorrow morning. I really need a new stadium.

Ouch! That's not nice. We're on a run of 58 (YES, FIFTY EIGHT) games without losing and no sign of that ending soon. I'm nearly finished the season and a report should be up tonight or tomorrow morning. I really need a new stadium.

The success you are getting is out of this world, what is your secret? Is it your tactics?

The success you are getting is out of this world, what is your secret? Is it your tactics?

I agree, it is out of this world. Never thought we'd be this dominant this season, we've dropped just 2 points from 31 league games :eek:

It's probably the tactics tbh. I've got several formations that are used and because my players have so many positions, i can rotate between formations in a match easily, which makes it hard for the opposition. I'm also fortunate to have some out of this world players. We've probably got the top 10 players in the world bar 2 or 3.

Ossett Town - Championship (2038/2039)

Championship Prediction - 23

Championship Position - 14

Table

Graph

Summary

Well.. Was in the playoff spots the first half of the season, then, i sold Nixon because he was running out of contract,

and after that it just went down hill.

Hopefully i will be able to strengthen my team next season and fight for that playoff spot.

Players: Keys

Squad

Anderson Contract running out and he wont renew... this is exactly the same as nixon :(

Manager Overview

Transfers

Goals for the upcoming season:

Playoff spot

League                Season    Finished   Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------
Blue Square South     2009/10   15th       Quarter Finals CLC
Blue Square South     2010/11   1st        BSS League Champions
Blue Square Premier   2011/12   13st       none
Blue Square Premier   2012/13   1st        BSP League Champions
League Two	      2013/14   4th	   Promoted via Playoffs
League One	      2014/15   17th   	   FA Trophy Semi-finalist
League One	      2015/16   8th	   none 
League One	      2016/17   2nd        Promotion
Championship	      2017/18   17th	   none
Championship	      2018/19	16th       none	
Championship  	      2019/20	3rd	   Playoff Semi-final losers
Championship	      2020/21   1st	   Promoted as Champions
Premier League	      2021/22  	16th	   none
Premier League	      2022/23  	5th	   FA Cup Semi-Finalist
Premier League	      2023/24   11th	   Uefa Cup Quarter finals
Premier League	      2024/25   4th        Uefa cup Winners, FA Cup Winners, League Cup Runners-Up.
Premier League        2025/26   2nd	   none
Premier League        2026/27   2nd        none
Premier League        2027/28   3rd	   Champions League Winners 
Premier League	      2028/29   1st        Premier League Champions, Champions League Winners, FA Cup Winners
				   Euro Super Cup Winners, Club World Championship Winners [b][i] Challenge completed [/b][/i]      
Premier League	      2029/30   1st
Premier League	      2030/31   1st	   Champions League Winners, FA Cup Winners
Premier League	      2031/32   1st 	   League Cup Winners

[b] End of Wealdstone Career [/b]
[b] Start of Ossett Town Career[/b]

Blue Square North     2032/33   1st 	   Promoted as Champions
Blue Square Premier   2033/34   11th	   none 
Blue Square Premier   2034/35   1st	   Promoted as Champions	
League Two            2035/36   1st	   Promoted as Champions   
League One            2036/37   6th	   Playoff Final losers  
League One            2037/38   1st	   Promoted as Champions
Championship	      2038/39	14th	   none 

FC United 2009/10 - BSN

Manager: Diego Birtles

I was expected to achieve a safe midtable position in the Blue Square North. I personally thought with the squad and buget we had £8k we could do much better than that and set about strengthening. My first signing was regen defender Craig Paterson, I added to my defence with former Man City man Christopher Ramsey and then signed up another ex-City player striker David Ball.

The rest of my transfers are here.

I don't really need to go into too much detail of our season as basically we were dumped out of the FA Cup by lower league opposition but managed a good run in the FA Trophy and a brilliant run in the Setanta Shield reaching the semis before losing to Wrexham.

However, or league form wasn't as erratic and think a table from 7/11/09 and then the end of the season should sum it up nicely.

*I left it too late to get screenshots from the season really so this is the best I can do.

We're in the Premier League (sort of)!

Star Player: Adam McGurk - Apps 45 Gls 24 Av Rat 7.16

I agree, it is out of this world. Never thought we'd be this dominant this season, we've dropped just 2 points from 31 league games :eek:

It's probably the tactics tbh. I've got several formations that are used and because my players have so many positions, i can rotate between formations in a match easily, which makes it hard for the opposition. I'm also fortunate to have some out of this world players. We've probably got the top 10 players in the world bar 2 or 3.

I've got the top four most valuable players, how much are your lot worth?

Not that much. Here's the list of Most Valuable Players and here's my Squad in order of value. But they're worth much more than that as a collective unit. Kvarnlof should be worth about £30m, but he isn't. It's more of a team effort tbh. I'm amazed at how low Brennan's value is!

Anderson[/url] Contract running out and he wont renew... this is exactly the same as nixon :(

Got an offer for 3mil. accepted and sold him. I now have no real good midfielders and the two players i was looking at went with other clubs.. no playoff this year either it seems..

i've been looking for something the past few days to stop me drifting completely from FM, and hopefully this is it. I started a career with FC United for Steboyuk's give youth a chance challenge, which is basically this. i cant find the original profile shot, but i do have an end of first season (no transfers) update, if thats any good?

FC United 09/10 Season review

Transfer Budget: not needed (about 1.5k after wage increases i think)

Wage Budget: £4.42k

Board Expectations: Safe mid-table position

Media Expectation: 14th

Your Expectations: avoid relegation

League Record: Pos 8th, W 19, D 10, L 13, F 66, A 46, Pts 67

FA Cup: 2nd Qualifying round (vs Stalybridge)

Conference League Cup: N 3rd Round (vs Rushden)

FA Trophy: Lost in 1st Round (vs Torquay)

Top Goalscorer: Kyle Wilson (19)

Most Assists: John Taylor/Papis Dieyte (8)

Best Average Rating: John Taylor (7.11)

Squad information

Team of the season

fans player of the year: John Taylor

Final League Table

my comments:

overall, a good first season in the BSN. as i predicted, Wilson and his goals carried us through, and i'm hoping for more goals next season. hopefully next season we can push for a playoff spot.

next seasons aims:

get a playoff spot

get a better cover DR

get another AMC

hope one of my strikers improves enough to partner Wilson.

make a profit again :)

this was before i stopped playing this save for whatever reason, and now, coming back to it, i think i might have to transfer some players (and some staff) in.

is that Bojan on the list the same Bojan that starts the game at Barca?

Indeed it is brambleten.

82000 capacity? Are you playing the same game as the rest of us?

That's what i thought!!! 82,951 capacity with undersoil heating and a retractable roof is a bit insane tbh :eek::D I don't care how much it costs either! I'm looking forward to it's opening. Imagine the gate recipts and attendances :eek::D

Utterly Invincible & Champions of the World!!

­­­FC United – Season 2017/18 – English Premier League

Well, what can we say. FC United fans thought last year was good, but this year has been even better. Let’s take a look back at the year when FC United tried to conquer every competition in a single season.

League Table / Positions Graph: A breathtaking season to say the least. We dropped just 2 points en route to our 3rd successive Premier League Title. And once we hit the top, we didn’t look down, claiming the title with 7 games left after a 2-0 win over Man City. Goals from Bernard Brennan and Armand Demanage sealed a glorious win against our closest rivals to ensure that we were again crowned champions of England.

FA Cup: This year, we wanted to win everything. And the draw made life as tough as possible as we faced Premier League opposition in every round. And we sealed our 2nd cup triumph in 3 years at Wembley in front of 90,000 supporters to keep our unbeaten record intact with a 5-4 penalty shootout win over Man Utd after a 2-2 draw.

League Cup: Again, the draw was far from an easy route through. Ties against the likes of Liverpool and Man City were tough going, but we made it into the Final and trounced Arsenal 4-0 to win this competition for the first time in our history.

Community Shield: We faced Man City in this, and a comfortable win saw us pick up the trophy for the 2nd year in a row.

Club World Championship: This was just a demolition job. After a 6-0 win in the Semi’s, we thrashed River 7-0 with Marc scoring 4 to ensure that we were crowned CHAMPIONS OF THE WORLD!!!

European Super Cup: We faced Man City for the umpteenth time this season and duly despatched them with a 4-0 romp to yet another title to help us towards an almost impossible 7 trophies!

Champions League: Now this was a toughie. We faced Valencia, Basel and Juventus in the “Group of Death” of this years competition. Supprisingly, we stormed through the tougher ties, drawing against Basel with the youngsters given a run-out. Bayern Munich faced us in the 1st Knockout Round. We drew 1-1 in Germany followed by a dominant 3-1 after extra time win in Bury to set up a meeting with Spanish giants Real Madrid. The 1st leg was my 500th game in charge of FCUM and proved to be a cracker. A dominant 6-0 win was followed days later by a 2-2 draw that sent us into the Semi Final, where we would meet the team we beat 3-1 in last year’s CL Final, Lyon. We drew 2-2 at OL Land (Yes, that’s the name of their new stadium!) thanks to two Brennan goals. In the return leg, we won 3-0 at Gigg Lane to send us into our 2nd consecutive Champions League Final, where we would play Barcelona. And thanks to a brace from Puckett and another from Lu Chao, we sealed our 7th trophy of an incredible, unbeaten season! :D

Finances: Much improved thanks to competition prize money, chairman investments and huge amounts coming in from sell-on clauses. A new stadium can’t be too far off…

Transfers: Very little activity this year. Murray and Foster have been superb and I got rid of some dead wood. There’s not going to be any major deals for a while as the squad I have isn’t even at it’s peak!

Squad Analysis:

In goal, new signing Andy Murray was impeccable. He has the greatest defence in the world in front of him, but still needed to be on his toes. At just £6.25m, he looks like a bargain. Providing cover were Remy Riou and Michael Short as Paddy Pitcher was sent out on loan to Sheffield United to gain some experience and get regular games to aid his development. When Short and Pitcher reach a good enough standard, Riou is going to be sold as 4 keepers is way too many.

Alexander Cuellar was brilliant again this season. He didn’t score as many free-kicks this season as he did last year, but he had a solid season and contributed in a defensive role more than in previous years. David Vrba was brilliant. His tireless work down the left side of the pitch was a great asset to our team. His pinpoint crosses provided perfect goalscoring opportunities, as did his his amazing inswinging corners. Robert Neumann was utterly dominant in the air. The 29 year old German was a key figure at the heart of our defence and was very consistent. Steve Foster, Zhang Jian and Jody Williams were partners for Neumann at the centre of the back 4 and all did well when called upon.Foster looks like a real star in the making. Ronald Christopher provided the cover for the full back spots and did well when called upon. Cuellar won the Defender of the Year Award, whilst Vrba came 2nd.

On the right wing, John Puckett was simply magnificent. He contributed 24 assists and 12 goals at an average rating of nearly 7.50 a game and once again became first choice in his position. Armand Demanage was even more impressive on the opposite flank. With his great skill, running and control of the ball, he bamboozled the opposition back lines and contributed countless assists. Ali Kvarnlof was as impressive as ever. The Finish international was the engine of our midfield, spraying pinpoint passes all over the park whilst also netting the odd long range rocket that he is associated with. He also came 2nd in European Midfielder of the Year and was named Club World Championship Best Player. Alan Joseph and Peter Hunt were rotated in the other centre midfield position, with Joseph usually getting the nod ahead of his friend Hunt, both of whom enjoyed decent seasons. Flavio got the odd game, but became increasingly unsettled and left in January to go to Chelsea for £37m + 50% sell on clause. Fernando has also been in good form this season. Him and Steve Nicholson have provided excellent backup for the whole of the midfield quad.

Many strikers were used this season. Michael Thuller was mainly used as a substitute, but did start on a fair few occasions and was always consistant. He possesses a great right foot and scored vital goals at important moments in this campaign. Club Legend Michael Potts was given a few games and did well, netting a hat-trick against Aston Villa when the international bug came around again in April. Amazingly, he’s still happy at the club despite playing very few games for us! Lu Chao has been disappointing this season. After being dropped early on, he became unhappy and never regained his place in the side. He may be shipped out in the summer if a good enough offer comes along.

And now we come to the starting two. Marc Beckford, my son, was superb. I set him a target of 15 goals this year, which he completely smashed. Hitting 29 goals in his first season as a regular and his second overall, he’s really improved this year. He’s scored vital winners against the likes of Juventus & Arsenal, whilst also netting 3 hat-tricks, including a superb quadruple in the Final of the World Club Championship against River Plate. He’s going to be a real star of the future.

And finally, we come to a legend. Bernard Brennan was even more outstanding than usual this season, netting an incredible 75 times in just 66 games. With 25 Man of the Match Awards, 23 assists and a bucketload of awards, he has his best season to date. Those awards include: European Striker of the Year, European Golden Boot, EPL Top Scorer, Champions League Golden Boot, 3rd in the World Player of the Year, Champions League Best Player, European Footballer of the Year, English Footballer of the Year, 3rd in CL Best Goal AND A place in World Team of the Year, Champions League Dream TeamandPlayers Team of the Year!

I’m just left wondering how much more can come from this goalscoring beast of a striker. Any guesses as to how many he’ll score next year?

Again, I was named EPL Manager of the Year. I also got introduced into the England Hall of Fame. I also got offered the England Job, which I took. I've thus got the World Cup this summer, another chance to add to my growing trohpy cabinet!

Finally, one of my aims from last season was to get a new stadium. Well, we got it this year. It's huge capacity of 82,951 with undersoil heating and a retractable roof will cost £294m to build and is named after me!!

Awards:

Defender of the Year

Midfielder of the Year

Striker of the Year

European Footballer of the Year

European Golden Boot

EPL Top Scorer

English Footballer of the Year

Young Player of the Year

Players’ Player of the Year

Players’ Team of the Year

CL Best Player

CL Golden Boot

CL Dream Team

CL Best Goal

World Team of the Year

Targets from Last Season

• Win the EPL COMPLETE!
  • Win the Champions League COMPLETE!
  • Become Champions of the World COMPLETE!
  • Get Brennan to break his record again! COMPLETE!
  • Win the FA Cup COMPLETE!
  • Win the League Cup COMPLETE!
  • Get a New Stadium Named after me or Brennan COMPLETE!!!!!!!!!!!

Targets for Next Season:

• Erm, Win everything again?
  • Get to the Semi Finals of this summer's World Cup with England

Career Overview:

Season       Division                   Position   Achievements                                 
2009/10     |Blue Square North         |1st       |BSN Champions
2010/11     |Blue Square Premier       |1st       |BSP Champions
2011/12     |League 2                  |5th       |Lost in Playoff Final, FA Cup Semi-Finalists
2012/13     |League 2                  |1st       |L2 Title
2013/14     |League 1                  |1st       |L1 Title
2014/15     |Championship              |3rd       |Playoff Winners, FA Cup Finalists 
2015/16     |English Premier Division  |1st       |FA Cup Winners, EPL Title
2016/17     |English Premier Division  |1st       |EPL Title, CL Winners, CS Winners
2017/18     |English Premier Division  |1st       |EPL Title, CL Winners, CS Winners, Super Cup Winners, FA Cup Winners, LC Winners, World Club Championship Winners

very good season there Hamilton.

oh well, FC United just wasnt doing it for me, so i have decided to go and try and get another team, so it is holidaying now in a new save. this time i will actually bring people in rather than hoping for youngsters to be reasonable

Going to start this challenge for what must be the umpteenth time, still have never completed but came very close on previous versions.

Out of interest, those players who have been playing for quite some years, how are your stadiums progressing? Used to always frustrate me when I had Braintree in the champs league and a 20k stadium.

Have literally no idea who to take over. Any suggestions??

Going to start this challenge for what must be the umpteenth time, still have never completed but came very close on previous versions.

Out of interest, those players who have been playing for quite some years, how are your stadiums progressing? Used to always frustrate me when I had Braintree in the champs league and a 20k stadium.

I have been stuck with a 15000 capacity stadium for nine PL seasons now (6 titles and 4 CL wins in that time), but thankfully the board has finally announced a new stadium. It has taken far too long but we got there eventually.

I usually either pick the most local club (which is never very close) or one that has colours or a badge that I like. Failing that I'll go for the club that looks the most interesting unless they are one of the bigger clubs,

very good season there Hamilton.

oh well, FC United just wasnt doing it for me, so i have decided to go and try and get another team, so it is holidaying now in a new save. this time i will actually bring people in rather than hoping for youngsters to be reasonable

Thanks and good luck with your next attempt :thup:

Look at this post. For a challenge, i'd go as North Ferriby or Banbury, who have never been played before :)

I've just had a HUGE new stadium announced, see my season report above :D

I have the Third, Fifth and Sixth most valuable players - though #2 Volf shouldn't really count as Arsenal have just bought him for that £28.5m, nor should Wiik at Valencia and Brown and Morrison at Chelsea as they were bought for those values, the rest are at their natural values.

I will have the most valuable though when the transfer of Niccolai goes through from Roma :cool:

Is there any regulations for stadiums in the Premiership? Because I should be getting promoted and with a stadium of 6643, 1826 which is seated.

In both of my games they have expanded the stadium to 15000 after I was told that it couldn't be done so I'm assuming this is the limit.

My game in Brazil had something similar although the expansion put us in massive debt :(

Archived