dafuge's FM09 challenge

Sounds very tempting. Where are they in the World Rankings and what quality of players have they got?

8th in the rankings and a reasonable team but nothing special. Perhaps I could take them to the Euros before jumping ship for a World Cup campaign.

• Replies 19.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what sort of star ratings do people in the prem have for their players as i have one player who is rated 7 stars both current and potential.

the coaches rate my other players with 5 stars as leading prem players in current ability

3 or 4 stars, with the likes of Roberts and Oliveira occasionaly rated with 5 stars.

The stars are annoying when you become a top side as they are relative to your team - so if your team is full of Leading Prem players even the best players in the world will be rated as 3/4 stars, with the occasional superstar getting 5 stars and decent prem players getting 2 stars and everyone below prem potential getting one star (which is fun when loaning out young players as you have no idea what level they are at).

World Cup with england now.

Mathew is now a ''Decent player for most EPL sides'' and about to hit 30 caps.

So hope I can win it, then I have a clean sweep of all the major tournements with england. I'll keep you updated.

Bit of a difficult decision here.

We all know how difficult it is to get decent goalies without playing them from a young age, I've also stated that I want to introduce as many youth players as possible.

Should I try dumping my England number 1 for a 15 year old?

Here's his coach report

I'd play him in the Champions League Group games or the League Cup games, or you could try loaning him out when he turns 17.

A 2-0 win agaisnt Romania. Saved a penalty, fans wanted to win by more. I'm happy, didn't play brilliant, need to improve for sure.

Although one of my players is having problems been motivated to play under me because my Reputations low in the game? My reputation is world class. Wierd.

Hey all - it's bugging me not having a logo for Boreham wood so i downloaded one, put it in my logos folder with the other ones I use and changed the number to BHMWD's unique ID but it's not showing up - can anyone help? Kit/Stadium Bkg would be good too.

3-1 win agaisnt south korea. I should be smashing these teams and I'm not. Gah

Ah crap. Just closed FM process by accident after the game. -.-.

New result is we won by 1-0, just holidayed it. (That looks wrong, SP?)

Anyway I can improve my shot to goal ratio with england? This is crazy. 40 shots, one goal. Just seems abit terrible.

Then the oppenant has 4 shots and scores one..

Just had to go to penaltys agaisnt the Ivory Coast because of this conversion rate... :(

After my sacking from Brazil, I had these three offers

Mexico had no upcoming fixtures, with a wait until December for the World Cup qualifying group to be announced. Since I was looking for a quick spell before the World Cup, this ruled them out.

Holland was the obvious choice, but they were third in their Euro qualifying group looking at a playoff place at best. I also had no players in their squad so this just about ruled them out.

Switzerland however, had a great challenge in prospect. Already sitting in a playoff spot in their Euro qualifying group, they had a chance to upset England while making the playoffs if that failed. This was enough for me, I took the job. No pressure then!

Right ok. 3 problems

1. no stadiums/kits folder for BSS because they come with the game - so i assume i have to create one but what do i call it and then how do i get a config file?

2. where do i upload to? Photobucket is the one i use for pics but doesnt take other files.

3. i think it comes under two. Can get you a logo config file, but no idea where to get a stadium background one or a kits one...

Right have downloaded that and added it in but still no joy. I added both the logo and the config file to the existing folder with all the logos in:

C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\graphics\eng\clubs

Then I reloaded the skin but nothing changed. Any ideas? Also, kits/stadium pic?

Gogo hamilton, he's scoring more then all of my strikers put together in one season!

He's got 56 now and Marc's got 24 at the end of March :eek: I'll try and finish the season tomorrow to see if i can get a new stadium :D And to see how many they can get each of course!

Hey all - it's bugging me not having a logo for Boreham wood so i downloaded one, put it in my logos folder with the other ones I use and changed the number to BHMWD's unique ID but it's not showing up - can anyone help? Kit/Stadium Bkg would be good too.

There are logos for the challenge teams on the first page of the Thread (post #35)

2 or so! I guess, he's pretty much the best right back for england anyway. We only have a 32 year old now of a decent standard.

Won the FA and Champions league this season along with the world club championships again.

3rd in the league by goal difference. Charlton are crazy on my save.

mathew at 20, just had his birthday - http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww325/Kimberc999/Son20.jpg

Improved alot last season.

Hopefully he will manage the 1000game challange.

Staines Town 10th Season 18/19 Championship

This Season:

...................p.........w........d.........l. ........f.......a.......gd.......pts

Home Form...27.........21.......5........1........60......26.....+34......68/81

Away Form...27.........7........11.......9........44......45.....-1........38/81

Total..........54.........28.......16.......10......104......71......+33....106/162

Career:

...................p.........w........d.........l. .......f.......a.......gd.......pts

Home Form...275......188......57.......30.....594....260.....+334....621/825

Away Form...276.......78.......83......115....373....465.....-92......321/828

Total...........551......266.....140.....145.....967....725....+242.....942/1653

Competitions:

League Cup: lost in quater final to man city 3-2

Fa Cup: lost in 3rd round 2-1 to reading

League:

Squad,Transfers

we got off to a flyer which put us in 2nd after 15 games including a 2-1 win over brighton in my 500th game in charge but due to my small squad we couldn't keep this up and we went slowly downhill from there. with 8 games to go we were just 3 points inside the playoffs (despite at 1 point being 11 points inside the playoffs with a game in hand) in 6th and we were due to play 7th away next match, and to make the occasion bigger it was on tv. we were lucky to get a 2-0 win and we used the momentum to put together a good string of results towards the end to see us finish in 5th. unfortunately we couldn't carry this form into the playoffs drawing at home 2-2 and losing 2-1 away to a far superior wigan side. we scored the most goals in the championship with 86, and our top striker matthew aizpurua got top scorer for the championship

Cups:

Fa cup for once was very disappointing going out in the 3rd round although the draw was a pretty tough one.

Carling cup made up for the poor run in the fa cup making it all the way to the quarter finals before being edged out very respectably by man city 3-2

Other:

Our finances stayed roughly the same throughout the year

Kidderminster couldn't survive the championship and finished rock bottom

and hampton and richmond got relegated from the bsp:(:(:( on goal difference

Career Summary:

Season1 : BSS - 1st - Promoted as champions

Season2 : BSN - 3rd - Promoted through Playoffs

Season3 : L2 - 5th - Lost in playoff semi final

Season4 : L2 - 2nd - Promotion

Season5 : L1 - 18th - N/A

Season6 : L1 - 5th - Lost in playoff semi final

Season7 : L1 - 1st - Promoted as champions + jpt winners

Season8 : CH - 17th - N/A

Season9 : CH - 9th - N/A

Season10:CH - 5th - Lost in Playoff semi final

Custom Squad Screen

This thread explains it all.

ARGH! Complicated! No way i'll get that right, I dont even know what this extractor thing is! Any chance of some code and a simple "idiot-proof" guide on where to put it? It's brilliant for these purposes...although I think I could do without the nationality bit - if that's easy to just remove...

4.30 AM. Moving tomorrow. (EDT: Later today really!) Long day ahead. Can't sleep. Answer: FM!!

My season so far...

Will try to update regularly enough that you get every single fixture in at least one update...so about once every 12-15 games...

***EDT*** Ouch! Weymouth hammering me again, thanks in the main to a certain 36 yr old Georgi Kinkladze! Remember him?!

***EDT*** But recovered from that to beat Grays - into the FA Cup First Round Proper. I'm rather enjoying this game!

Archived