SI, Jacobson & co are a disgrace!!!

What's going on here today???????

Am I the only person who got up this morning, went to the shops, bought the game, came home, installed it, applied the patch and entered my code with no problems at all????

The majority of people would've had this experience. But unfortunately they wouldn't be coming here to post about how well it went ;)

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I appreciate people are ****ed off here. I can tell you that we're in constant touch with Uniloc and the guys at Valve concerning the problems and we're all working on ensuring the issues are cleared up very quickly.

Haha yeah blame someone else.

"Hey my cake taste bad, maybe i should have put the poo pieces in from my mate, but my friend made the poo so it isnt my fault".

Again great job, really shows how pro you guys are.

Lots of tension in here - i guess the problem will be sorted out asap, why dont people chill out, have a brew and crack one out or something!

i don't drink tea and the missus is in so can't bat one out, had a joint but still feel f***ed off. the problems in this incarnation have been worse than the minor niggles in the preceding versions (i've had everyone since the early 90's champ man on the amiga). had the afternoon off work and haven't played a game since started installing at midday. problems with the printing, impossible to find data editor and then a game that has freezed and had to be restarted 6 times. they need to sort out as although i'm sure they didn't anticipate this, this is a joke that is making si look like cu**s

The majority of people would've had this experience. But unfortunately they wouldn't be coming here to post about how well it went ;)

Actually, I have been. Here are some interesting statistics for you: I am one of six people I know who have bought and installed the game this morning. I am the only one who's managed to actually load the game and get it activated. Every other person is still wrestling with the shambles of an authentication system. One in six people being able to use the game is NOT very impressive.

SI have managed to churn out games year after year without these authentication issues because they didn't need authentication in previous versions. To then say "blame someone else" when they do need authentication is narrow-minded. The stuff-up clearly lies with the authentication dudes, so chill out and get your facts right. And yeah, yeah, fanboy. yadda yadda.

Here's a tip for FM 2010.

Get back to basics.

Steam and Softwankha aren't needed. This game isn't an MMO. And what with all the troubles you get with Steam and Soft,as we've seen today, the only people you hurt is the people who have genuinly bought the game. It's not going to hurt the pirates. 1) They didn't fork out for it. 2) Eventually, they'll crack it. I'm sorry but that's a reality.

All you're doing in the meantime is ****ing alot of people off who could well turn their back on you for the next version (and who would blame them)

****ed up SI...big time....

Sure sure "Atleast half of the people who bought it made it work"... Bugger off with your ******** comments, alot of people cant get this working and that is not acceptable.

Miles better get home and eat his tea quick. Pretty soon the pirates will be after it :(

I got my game last night and I'm playing it now. I must say it's the best version in years and it's so sad that the ***** activation ******** has ****ed everything up. Really looks like impacting on the future of the series unless something is done.

:(

SI have managed to churn out games year after year without these authentication issues because they didn't need authentication in previous versions. To then say "blame someone else" when they do need authentication is narrow-minded. The stuff-up clearly lies with the authentication dudes, so chill out and get your facts right. And yeah, yeah, fanboy. yadda yadda.

Not true, there's been problems with authentication many times before, just not on this kind of scale - they have truly excelled theirselves here.

I should have learnt my lesson by now though, after previous versions like CM "playable from the box" 4 and other releases started from the original disc which were useless after a season or so, that I should never ever buy from this company again on the day of release - it only leads to frustration.

But then I'm only some f*cking mug who went out and paid more locally today, rather than order online and save a bit of cash as I'm away at the weekend and won't be able to play on it anyway - kinda ironic I suppose.

Not true, there's been problems with authentication many times before, just not on this kind of scale - they have truly excelled theirselves here.

I should have learnt my lesson by now though, after previous versions like CM "playable from the box" 4 and other releases started from the original disc which were useless after a season or so, that I should never ever buy from this company again on the day of release - it only leads to frustration.

But then I'm only some f*cking mug who went out and paid more locally today, rather than order online and save a bit of cash as I'm away at the weekend and won't be able to play on it anyway - kinda ironic I suppose.

What authentification issues were there before? It was always a case of install the game and you were off. I can't recall and FM/CM where you had to enter a key code of any sort?

What authentification issues were there before? It was always a case of install the game and you were off. I can't recall any

FM/CM where you had to enter a key code of any sort?

The problems were with new types of protection they were using, no key codes as such and I forget the name of the system they were using but there were loads of people with originals who were being accused of having pirate copies by the likes of Miles originally, until SI realised they had a rather large problem.

Can't remember Miles apologising for some of his comments either, but then that comes as no suprise....

btw I like the work SI do and realise they work hard at what they do, but they have one or two arrogant prize c*cks working for them, who when they run into problems and recieve criticism show their true colours and that's the only reason I was quick to point those things out.

The real bad thing about it is, now theres a pirate copy out, everyone who is having problems will now go and download that. Which may or may not affect next years sales, which if you look at mine and other peoples previous posts in the weeks and months before the release was exactly what we predicted.

On another note, I was one of the lucky ones, I walked into Asda at 00:00 and watched a queue of literally hundreds of people lining up for call of duty 5 while I saunted past and got my copy of FM went home and authenticated it last night, The scond after I authenticated it I nuked any possible way of the game connecting to the internet, Im glad I did now

The real bad thing about it is, now theres a pirate copy out, everyone who is having problems will now go and download that. Which may or may not affect next years sales, which if you look at mine and other peoples previous posts in the weeks and months before the release was exactly what we predicted.

On another note, I was one of the lucky ones, I walked into Asda at 00:00 and watched a queue of literally hundreds of people lining up for call of duty 5 while I saunted past and got my copy of FM went home and authenticated it last night, The scond after I authenticated it I nuked any possible way of the game connecting to the internet, Im glad I did now

Pirates already playing the game, anyone that bought the game playing it yet? Not including fanboys who we all know will lie as part of their ar*e licking.

Yeah, I played it until 3 this morning, then started again at about 10 til now :p Would you like me to video it so you can see how good it is?

This activation software is the biggest load of **** iv ever seen, what if you dont have the net on the computer you play fm on???

as for why they did it.... my mates a pirate, and he dont even have a tomtom on his ship, let alone a computer. hes just got a compass and a parrot!!

• SI Staff

Ladies and Gents,

I think I speak for all involved with the game when I say I am gutted and embarrassed at what has happened here.

All I can say is I hope as many of you are up and running as possible as soon as possible, and that we will make sure we learn from this experience in the future once we get a chance to pick the bones out of what went wrong.

I cant really say anything more at this point, for now the priority is to get people playing the game they paid for.

Paul

Pirates already playing the game, anyone that bought the game playing it yet? Not including fanboys who we all know will lie as part of their ar*e licking.

Yes, I am and have been since 8:45am. I've had no problems with the game but I'm outraged on behalf of those who have and can't believe SI have been so atrociously poor on this matter.

Ladies and Gents,

I think I speak for all involved with the game when I say I am gutted and embarrassed at what has happened here.

All I can say is I hope as many of you are up and running as possible as soon as possible, and that we will make sure we learn from this experience in the future once we get a chance to pick the bones out of what went wrong.

I cant really say anything more at this point, for now the priority is to get people playing the game they paid for.

Paul

Paul,

Is it safe for me to close FM? Mine has been working since 8:45am with no problems whatsoever, but I'm now afraid to close FM for fear that it won't load up again. Some users have had problems with this.

Well done the whole team at SI.

First off, you tried to make the game untouchable. To players who received it early, and to pirates. What you've done is made the game unplayable.

People who spent their hard earned on this are having just as much trouble trying to play it as the piracys. Is this an MMO game? No. A game of this nature, single player etc does NOT need steam. And besides, when we pay for a game with our money, who are you/they to tell us and dictate to us how many times we can install a game?

And what are Miles and the team doing about all these problems? Well, while you're wrestling with the installation system, they are on TalkSport!! Hey, atleast they show where their priorities lay.

It'll be the same thing next year. A video blog on YouTube with Jacobson in it, explaining what they've done and how they've countered certain problems from the last version. We hear it every single year, and every single year we get the same problems.

I've been an avid and addicted fan of the FM series and actually thought last years version was great. But on 14/11/08 FM died a very embarrassing and humiliating death.

All everyone seems to do on these forums is moan moan moan! GROW UP! Its REAL LIFE not everything works as its supposed to! This is the 1st time they have used this steam DRN whatever processes so they are bound to have issues give them a break!

They work hard to get us a product and harder to fix any issues hell they released a patch on launch day for crying out loud!

I am sure once they have sorted out all the issues with ppl not being able to activate via any of the 3 ways offered they will ALL sit down and discuss ALL known issues. If this happens again next year fair enough then moan but c'mon all this moaning etc is over the top!

Stop acting like f'in pre schoolers and throwing tantrems!

Right ive had my say so im sure your'll get back to your moaning now!

Yeah, I played it until 3 this morning, then started again at about 10 til now :p Would you like me to video it so you can see how good it is?

Ok. And while you're at it video yourself hanging by your neck from a lamp post of your choice.

Ladies and Gents,

Paul

Just dumb this DRM stuff where it belongs. I really do hope not see that next year. I will buy the FM10 if that is gone.

Otherwise, well no. Personally I don't want this company to end up where EA has gone.

The game is not bad itself it just these "other measures". As said in the other thread I really was looking for the rewamped regen and transfer system. Oh, well I wait another year than.

All everyone seems to do on these forums is moan moan moan! GROW UP! Its REAL LIFE not everything works as its supposed to! This is the 1st time they have used this steam DRN whatever processes so they are bound to have issues give them a break!

They work hard to get us a product and harder to fix any issues hell they released a patch on launch day for crying out loud!

I am sure once they have sorted out all the issues with ppl not being able to activate via any of the 3 ways offered they will ALL sit down and discuss ALL known issues. If this happens again next year fair enough then moan but c'mon all this moaning etc is over the top!

Stop acting like f'in pre schoolers and throwing tantrems!

Right ive had my say so im sure your'll get back to your moaning now!

Dont worry youll probably get your free copy of the game now ;)

bellend

i must say im not i know a lot of people have had problems with the whole fm09 experience but i agree with richard76 here. my experience has been great. bought the game, installed it, authenticated it, patched it...DONE!

playing know

i must say well done SI

I love how all week the people that bought the game in North America have been complaining about SI changing the release date on us a week before the game comes out. All we have heard from the people in Europe was quit whining. I kept making the point that if the game was delayed in Europe there would be 10,000 people on here whining up a storm. The angry posts would over whelm the message board.

Well the game was not officially delayed in Europe, but it might as well be with all the activation problems. I hate to say it, but I told you so. I must say I am really having fun reading the message board today. Nice work SI, I am almost glad the game was delayed in North America now. It allows me to read this message board all weekend and get a good laugh.

Why is there the need in this thread to slag of people who are playing and enjoying the game by calling them liars and fanboys?

I hope the people having trouble with the game (and I sympathise) realise that they are a small but very noisy minority. No doubt many people are working their backsides off, and dealing with intense levels of stress to get the game working for you. Think about that when insults are flying in their direction and some are, unbelievably, calling for their heads.

Sometimes a product is bought and something is wrong - it happens. Do you fly into a retail outlet in a rage and using the sort of language seen here when something purchased from that store has a problem? Of course not. That would mean having to tear strips off someone face to face and I doubt many of you have the gall to do that, and it's not the way most people handle things.

Have patience - it's a virtue.

Ladies and Gents,

Paul

Fair play Paul. Some dignity brough back to SI imho.

Ladies and Gents,

Paul

It's fantastic to see some humility and an admittance that mistakes have been made. I think just this post will go a long way to appeasing some of the people affected by this. Well played :thup:

Why is there the need in this thread to slag of people who are playing and enjoying the game by calling them liars and fanboys?

I hope the people having trouble with the game (and I sympathise) realise that they are a small but very noisy minority. No doubt many people are working their backsides off, and dealing with intense levels of stress to get the game working for you. Think about that when insults are flying in their direction and some are, unbelievably, calling for their heads.

Sometimes a product is bought and something is wrong - it happens. Do you fly into a retail outlet in a rage and using the sort of language seen here when something purchased from that store has a problem? Of course not. That would mean having to tear strips off someone face to face and I doubt many of you have the gall to do that, and it's not the way most people handle things.

Have patience - it's a virtue.

im not one of the people you mention....but if i bought a dish washer that didnt wash dishes, i would take it straigh back and tell them. i think if you look around those that have problems arn't the minority. mine works, but it was a **** up.

Ladies and Gents,

Paul

the post the forum has been waiting for, an honest 'sorry, we messed it up' :thup: wp

I've been a regular reading of these forums over the years. I'm also a consistant SI customer. when CM and FM first went there seperate ways i went with FM and never looked back..

but why do this?

its beyond a joke, i pre-ordered this game months in advance, fortunately I had a day off uni today so i decided to sit in and play the game when it arrives. But no.

Instead i've spent between 12 and now (roughly twenty to five) trying to install this ****ing thing.

I hope heads roll for this, its riddiclious.

Your at Uni and you spell like that ?

Sheesh, I hope your not heading to the top of the world leadership anytime soon.

Ladies and Gents,

Paul

Haven't bought the game myself but I have to give you some support. I so feel sorry for you guys and it is amazing how people can turn from hero to zero so fast. When the video of FM 09 came out talking about the features a lot of people were delighted with Si... Look how quickly it can change:(

Archived