A fun suggestion for regen faces (future FM)

Instead of the current computer generated regen faces, what if everyone who owns the game voluntarily submits a mugshot of their face to Sports Interactive and the game can randomly place those public faces on to regens? A tool could be developed to 'Youngify' the mugshots as seen on many popular mobile apps! wouldn't be that hard to do if done with a white background for example... What do you think? It would be  nice suprise o see your face come up as a regen! :)

2 minutes ago, Geordieboy52 said:

Awesome!

Can't remember why it was abandoned - maybe they got too many dick pics or something. One guy has made a pack of photos to replace newgen faces which he collects from American Football sites. Should be possible for a willing fan to collate passport photos of willing Fmers to make a similar pack.

3 hours ago, Geordieboy52 said:

Awesome!

It really wasn't.

SI asked for pictures taken outside, like one you'd see from an actual club. Stood up straight, looking at the camera under natural light, wearing something similar to a kit, but non-specific. 

What they got were mostly people squinting inside their bed rooms under orange lights.

Can't remember what year it was but I doubt I was the only one to turn those creepy things off asap.

Short answer is that user submitted photos are going to be in limited numbers and are resource heavy.. you'll have to have them all as part of the game files... not to mention the issues with having to use peoples photo's legally...

They just need to improve the facegen.. it was fine a few years ago.. now it's outdated.

5 hours ago, Welshace said:

Short answer is that user submitted photos are going to be in limited numbers and are resource heavy.. you'll have to have them all as part of the game files... not to mention the issues with having to use peoples photo's legally...

They just need to improve the facegen.. it was fine a few years ago.. now it's outdated.

Never mind outdated, they've regressed! The 2D models from 2012 were perfect is you ask me. 

GmDq3V2.thumb.jpg.98b4b81786470c8cf65c256cc932b643.jpg

I'm pretty sure it was FM07 that had the user photos for newgens (at least I think they were called newgens by then, rather than regens). They were truly dreadful and were rightly binned in favour of generated faces for FM08.

I've already made my feelings clear on the current state of newgens (particularly those from East Asia) on previous threads, but I'm confident the 3D faces will soon start to look as good as the classic 2D faces. Having user photos as alternatives or even as direct replacements for 3D faces would be a huge step backwards.

On 10/03/2019 at 01:01, bassistuk said:

Instead of the current computer generated regen faces, what if everyone who owns the game voluntarily submits a mugshot of their face to Sports Interactive and the game can randomly place those public faces on to regens? A tool could be developed to 'Youngify' the mugshots as seen on many popular mobile apps! wouldn't be that hard to do if done with a white background for example... What do you think? It would be  nice suprise o see your face come up as a regen! :)

Or regen faces that didn't all have dermatitis would be cool.

Archived