• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That film makes me more angry than sad...

Back to the world of Football, how crazy was that EPL weekend... I mean Liverpool winning a game, just wow ;)

Cheers, Ive just spat my tea all over the laptop laughing

However my Matlock Town didnt do too well,lost 6-1

Happy New Year from the States. Finally got some sleep.

The FMS Awards are tentatively scheduled for Sunday, 13th January at 8:00 GMT. Those who are involved in ceremony production, please PM me an e-mail address along with the instant messaging program you use. We'll then figure out communication and award assignment.

Not much chat in here these days. Have any of you read this thread in OTF? http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/338985-OTF-Werewolf-I-GAMEPLAY-THREAD/page15 Seems like a lot of fun and wondered if there might be the chance to try a game in FMS if people were up for it.

I ask because I want to try it, but only ever frequent one or two threads in OTF.

I could act as mod. If 10-3 and Gav are ok with a thread being opened and we get enough interest we could start it next week.

I doubt we'd get 21 users to play, but how about a Seer, Angel, 10 villagers and 3 wolves. 15 in total......might still be a stretch.

Not much chat in here these days. Have any of you read this thread in OTF? http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/338985-OTF-Werewolf-I-GAMEPLAY-THREAD/page15 Seems like a lot of fun and wondered if there might be the chance to try a game in FMS if people were up for it.

I ask because I want to try it, but only ever frequent one or two threads in OTF.

Sounds interesting, basically a version of mafia right? I'd be willing to give it a go, although the timezone differences could make things a bit tricky at times. I'm willing to give it a go though, given I don't have much time for writing (or FM) these days, but I still enjoy hanging out with you guys.

One way to make it a little more FMSey could be for the moderator (yourself) to maybe make a small story of it when summarising the action that happens. Could be fun.

Timezones shouldn't be a problem, the process of lynching people would take at least 24 hours unless they got a majority within that 24 hours and we could work out times so that it suits everyone.

If you wanted to do it with a football twist it could be footballers and bung takers in a team at the bottom of the table, 10 footballers and 3 people that are throwing the games each week. The seer would be the captain and the angel....I dunno, just someone.

Hopefully that's a bit more attractive for people, we only have 4 participants atm and one of them needs to be the mod. Need another 10.

:waves:

I'd be happy to make up the numbers in a game here, the OTF game has been very fun. Feel free to tell me where to stick it if you only want people who still post here though :D

You're posting here. Unless you're a figment of our imagination.

I could act as mod. If 10-3 and Gav are ok with a thread being opened and we get enough interest we could start it next week.

I doubt we'd get 21 users to play, but how about a Seer, Angel, 10 villagers and 3 wolves. 15 in total......might still be a stretch.

So start recruiting. We could use the numbers. All for this idea even though my winter broadcast schedule means i can't take part as I'd hold up the game. :(

Wouldn't normally do this, but my brothers mate is walking the entire length of Britain's coastline for Sussex Air Ambulance. As I'm sure you'll agree, it's a great cause, and deserves support - Please Support via http://www.shoelace-express.co.uk/ . He's made BBC News already (here) , and If you are on twitter, please RT https://twitter.com/hailshamtownfc/status/288034183828361219 which also links to the website!

Ta :)

Two observations:

1) Sepp Blatter is an ineffable moron.

2) I would manage at Mansfield Town solely to look at Carolyn Radford. I get that she's married to the chairman, but still.

Carry on.

S

Agree on both accounts, Sepp Blatter in better of a words is a knob, and Carolyn Radford well what can be said about her apart from yummy, I wouldn't crawl over her to get to the missus hehehe

Ps. My laptop has officially packed in and won't even load up the main screen, so my writing will cease for the time being until I can get a new laptop. However I will be using the missus iPad when I can prize her off it and if she doesn't read the above comment

I liked the fact that the Mansfield manager insulted Carolyn Radford and she didn't even realise it when he said saying that you'd expect Suarez to fess up was 'a bit cheap'.

What has got my goat though is her husband seems even worse than she does, namely saying that Suarez kissed the hand that knocked down the ball in order to take the proverbial. A notion it would take viewing all of one of Suarez's other goals to disprove as he always kisses his wrist when he scores as that's where he has the name of his daughter tattooed.

Sadly it seems that just because you're a non-league side it doesn't mean you're not bad losers.

I love Luis Suarez as a footballer, he's a fantastic player who unfortunately has been tarred by and is know somebody who when making a molehill the media give us a mountain. Steven Gerrard, Gareth Bale and Wayne Rooney have all be prone to unsportsmanlike conduct in the last 18 months but there British so a week of mentioning it and it's forgotten. No, I'm not a Liverpool fan but I do sympathise with Suarez.

Interesting angle but I'm not sure about that being so. To be fair look at the press Joey Barton gets?? Or John Terry?? And most of their numpty moments are about events that don't even happen on a pitch so have nothing much to do with sports journalists or fans (Terry/Ferdinand/alleged racism aside). And in Barton's case we're talking a lower premier league/higher Championship standard player, not a global superstar and one of the Premier League's flagship marquee players as in the case of Suarez.

Rooney and Bale have been highlighted a lot (and even Beckham after the '98 World Cup, where the abuse went OTT viral in the press and at English grounds the following season) for unpsortsmanlike behaviour as well. Suarez has not helped himself; biting a player in Eredivisie, the blatant handball that knocked Ghana (?) out of the World Cup in 2010, the Evra incident and the diving on a level that Gerrard, Bale and Rooney have never reached.

Like you, I love watching Suarez as a player and he does seem like a guy who will do literally anything to win (which has an almost reluctant admirable quality....almost :D ), but am not sure what poor press he does get is a British or foreigner thing.

Foreigners in the Premier League have been, and are, well appreciated and rightly celebrated by press and fans alike in the UK so I'd not agree that there is any kind of agenda here and most of the press do seem quick to appreciate the good things Suarez does on a pitch, not so different to Drogba who will be remembered as one of the PL's greats and was more than willing to fall over like being shot once upon a time.

I've never really got the whole foreigners being singled out argument. If you think back a significant majority of the major headlines and stories about player behaviour, on and off the pitch, has involved English players over recent years. You get certain foreigners who become the focus of attention, but it's not like it's just because they're foreign.

I can think of three foreign players who have dominated headlines over the last few years Tevez, Balotelli and Suarez. I don't think anyone could argue that their behaviour didn't merit newspaper coverage and to suggest that their behaviour during that time would be scrutinised to a lesser degree if they were British is way off, in my opinion.

I certainly wouldn't say Suarez has been tarred and even if he has i'm struggling to see why he shouldn't have been. If you bite players, are found guilty of a race related offence, commit two game changing handballs in major cup competitions against underdog opposition, are found to commit simulation on a number of occasions and are regularly inolved in unsportsmanlike conduct then you're not being tarred, your character is being referenced.

Personally, I find the whining from Liverpool fans about Mr Suarez absolutely hilarious. He's a fantastic footballer, one of the best in the world, but if you don't acknowledge he's an utter goit who has (and seemingly continues to cultivate) a character that demands this level of attention then you're an absolute moron.

Drink it in. Have a good laugh at the fact he's basically trolling the football world and giving your rivals something to get wound up about, scoring goals and being brilliant for Liverpool in the process. Don't try and argue he's not a tit, though.

.....Drink it in. Have a good laugh at the fact he's basically trolling the football world and giving your rivals something to get wound up about, scoring goals and being brilliant for Liverpool in the process. Don't try and argue he's not a tit, though.

I like that and seems or should be a pretty spot on way of looking at it; Liverpool fan or not. :) That's pretty well summed up imvho (and the rest of your post, but that last passage made me smile).

It always fascinates me as to what's the tipping point between too much baggage (or just plain mad as a ship's cat; Gazza or Ballotelli :D ) and sheer quality and to be fair in assessing Barton as lower PL/upper CH player I was including his baggage, because I think he could have been at one of the bigger clubs and in the England squad had he made different choices in his life.

To use an extreme case Maradona could get away with it because he was so that once in a generation class, and it seems Tevez can because he does at least seem able to knuckle down and is world class whereas Joey is definitely not and is unable to stay for too long from doing something stupid.

The madness/genius gene fascinates me when they say things like "if you took that out of his game, he wouldn't be the player he is" as per Rooney sometimes?? Zidane in the 2006 World Cup final as one instance, would a lesser genius have done what he did??

Drink it in. Have a good laugh at the fact he's basically trolling the football world and giving your rivals something to get wound up about, scoring goals and being brilliant for Liverpool in the process. Don't try and argue he's not a tit, though.

I'd agree with this sentiment. Suarez is obviously an extremely talented player (although at times he lacks that bit of a clinical edge to his finishing, but that seems to ebb and flow a bit) but he is also obviously someone who possesses an extremely odious personality.

While he has copped some flack a bit unfairly (the hand-kissing thing in the most recent episode, also the handball against Ghana in the World Cup, he paid the price for that momentary unfair attempt and Ghana couldn't capitalise so it wasn't really his fault) he has also not helped himself by basically demonstrating time and time again that he does not care that a lot of what he does is unsporting and/or just plain undesirable. If he honestly believes that there is nothing wrong with his personality/behaviour then that's his choice and that's fine, but he - and his fans/supporters - shouldn't then be shocked when the majority of people who witness said personality/behaviour then label him an odious little git.

Not going to disagree with anything El or Bal has said about Mr Suarez. You are correct, gentlemen, in labelling him an idiot or git or worse, but I for one am glad he plays for Liverpool.

Anyway, my overriding hope is that this weekend's game results in us, and the press, talking about the football on show, whatever the result, and not any of the characters involved for anything other than footballing reasons.

One can but dream, eh ?

Not going to disagree with anything El or Bal has said about Mr Suarez. You are correct, gentlemen, in labelling him an idiot or git or worse, but I for one am glad he plays for Liverpool.

Anyway, my overriding hope is that this weekend's game results in us, and the press, talking about the football on show, whatever the result, and not any of the characters involved for anything other than footballing reasons.

One can but dream, eh ?

That would certainly be nice, but it's Man Utd v Liverpool this weekend. No chance of that happening!

Ok, gang, here's the deal. I've worked every night and day this week so what i will do with regard to awards is this:

I'll write six categories and will send an e-mail to everyone who has offered to help to write one. That seems reasonable that I should do the majority of the work. We'll try to figure out mutual chat programs tomorrow as well.

Again, awards scheduled for Sunday night @ 8:00 p.m. GMT. Thanks to everyone for their patience.

One can but dream, eh ?

That would certainly be nice, but it's Man Utd v Liverpool this weekend. No chance of that happening!

I forgot one other folorn hope too, I hope we don't all talk about the referee either. But it is Howard Webb, so there's no chance of that happening.

Archived