FM19: Bienvenido to The Spanish League Thread

Constantine

Sociedad ended up 1 place above the relegation zone on my save and I was looking to buy Oyarazbal if they went down!

Can anyone recommend an elite level young CD for Atletico? De Ligt choose United over me, Maresic did the same forĀ Arsenal. PSG have unfortunately met Godin's release clause and he has left and he will be very hard to replace. I also only got 50% of the fee as 50% was owed to someone else. I then only got 30% of the 50% so not much!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, Carefree_Since_1905 said:

Sociedad ended up 1 place above the relegation zone on my ļ»æsave and I was looking to buy ļ»æļ»æOyarazbal if they went down!

Can anyone recommend aļ»æn elite leveļ»æl young CD for Atļ»æletiļ»æco? De Ligļ»æt choļ»æļ»æose ļ»æUnited oļ»æver me, Mļ»æaresic diļ»æd theļ»æ same fļ»æorĀ Arsenal. ļ»æPSG have unfoļ»ærtunļ»æately met Godin's release clause and he has left and he will be very hard to replace. I also only got 50% of the fee as 5ļ»æ0% was owed tļ»æo someone else. I then onlyļ»æ got 30% of the 50% so not much!

Dayot Upamecano?

13 minutes ago, LukasZ_VCF said:

Dayot Upamecano?

Thanks. He has a Ā£70m release clause but might just be out of range at the moment. I'll have a look as i might be able to unsettle.

I am also looking at Leo Santos from COR in Brazil. I can get him for about Ā£25m and looks like he has great potential. Have anyone used him before?

1 hour ago, Carefree_Since_1905 said:

Sociedad ended up 1 place above the relegation zone on my save and I was looking to buy Oyarazbal if they went down!

Can anyone recommend an elite level young CD for Atletico? De Ligt choose United over me, Maresic did the same forĀ Arsenal. PSG have unfortunately met Godin's release clause and he has left and he will be very hard to replace. I also only got 50% of the fee as 50% was owed to someone else. I then only got 30% of the 50% so not much!

Boubacar Kamara from Marseille. Classy solid ball playing defender. Only 18 at the start of the game. I have Picked him up for 8/9m. Will be worth 30m+ when he is 21/22

Edited by Carlf788

2 hours ago, Carefree_Since_1905 said:

Thanks. He has a Ā£70m release clause but might just be out of range at the moment. I'll have a look as i might be able to unsettle.

I am also looking at Leo Santos from COR in Brazil. I can get him for about Ā£25m and looks like he has great potential. Have anyone used him before?

Ok I am at home right now and I checked how is it in 2024 but I started the game in November so it might be different after winter update of attributes etc

Ā 

Milan Skriniar from Inter he is playing at Real Madrid on my save now

Ā 

Ā 

12 minutes ago, LukasZ_VCF said:

Ok I am at home right now and I checked how is it in 2024 but I started the game in November so it might be dļ»æifferent after winter update of attributes etcļ»æ

Ā 

Milan Skriniar from Inter he is playing at Real Madrid on my save now

Ā 

Ā 

Thank you! Skriniar is at Barcelona now as they sold Umiti to Chelsea. It has been a bit of a Merry go round for CBs this transfer window!

Ā 

2 hours ago, Carlf788 said:

Boubacar Kamara from Marseille. Classy solid ball playing defender. Only 18 at the start of the game. I have Picked him up for 8/9m. Will be worth 30m+ when he is 21/22

Will check him out when i get home!

I came 13th in the first season then in the summer I have never seen so many teams after my players, half my team was been poached by bigger clubs, Diego Llorente went to Dortmund for 16m and Willian Jose wanted to leave so he went to West Ham for 25m but I kept the rest and im very pleased with this regen prospect I have to replace him for 2m, only 16 year old but i think he will be my main striker next season.

Screenshot (3).png

1 hour ago, Carlf788 said:

I came 13th in the first season then in the summer I have never seen so many teams after my players, half my team was been poached by bigger clubs, Diego Llorente went to Dortmund for 16m and Willian Jose wanted to leave so he went to West Ham for 25m but I kept the rest and im very pleased with this regen prospect I have to replace him for 2m, only 16 year old but i think he will be my main striker next season.

Screenshot (3).png

Have you tried to get Origi for free? There is so many players with contract ending every season it is good to take them and even if they will not play that good to sell them and make profit ;)

Yeah I like origi but he has gone to Bournemouth. I'm trying to keep my team Spanish/basque and french too.Ā 

Merino has just had his 21m release clause activated by Bayern Munich :(.Ā 

Got some good young prospects in though, I could have 3 16 year olds in the first 11 next season!Ā 

I do like the release clause rule in Spain though that means everyone had a price haha

Edited by Carlf788

10 minutes ago, Carlf788 said:

Yeah I like origi but he hļ»æas gone to Bournemouth. I'm tryiļ»æng to keep my team Spanish/basque and french too.Ā 

Merino has just had his 21m release clļ»æause activated by Bayern Munich :(.Ā 

Got some good yoļ»æung prospects iļ»æn though, I could ļ»æhļ»æave 3 16 year oļ»ælds inļ»æ the first 11 next season!Ā 

I do like the release clause rule inļ»æ Spain thougļ»æh thļ»æat means everyone had a price haha

Until you will be building great team to try to win something and they will steal your player in January just for the rest of the season with quarter finals etc ;D

8 minutes ago, LukasZ_VCF said:

Until you will be building great team to try to win something and they will steal your player in January just for the rest of the season with quarter finals etc ;D

Ha ha true!Ā 

Screenshot (4).pngGood summer window some quality and experience signed and hoovered up some top prospects.

Kicked off the second season with Fernandez as my mainĀ striker who has just turned 16. He should be world class in a few years. Excited about the amount of potential in this team. Surprised they don't get mentioned more in potential saves as they have a really good team and some fantastic young players already in the first team squad.Ā 

Aim for this season is loads of possession andĀ clean sheets, be hard to beat and only lose 8 league games at most all seasonĀ and try and get a Europa league spot.Ā 

Edited by Carlf788

19 hours ago, Carefree_Since_1905 said:

Ā 

19 hours ago, LukasZ_VCF said:

Dayot Upamecano?

His team mate at Leipzig, Konate, is better, and should be cheaper.

1 hour ago, LukasZ_VCF said:

I am in 2024 right now so maybe it changed a lot after winter update because on my save he is way worse ;)

How is boubacar Kamara? Upamecano is a beast but he must cost a fortune. I always have a look in the Spain u21 and u19 sides and search for any hot prospects. The best 16/17 year olds tend to have low release clauses too which is great. Although I just lost one of my favourite players Mikel Merino due to his release fee been met so swings and roundabouts!

Edited by Carlf788

Screenshot (5).png

Screenshot (6).png

Solid 2nd season so far at the Xmas break. Only 4 losses and 2 were to Real Madrid and Barcelona and only 14 goals conceded in 15 games and 8 of them were to Real Madrid and Barcelona. Going for as much possession as possible thinking the more we have the ball the less chances theĀ opposition will get.

Barrenetxea isn't far off been as good as Oyarzabal and my front 3 is only 16,17 and 22! Having a top dm like Matic helps loads in keeping clean sheetsĀ 

Edited by Carlf788

Boubacar Kamara will be a beast, and can still do a very good job from the get-go. As written before (I think), he's 18 at game start and only develops nicely. After a season, he was first choice in my Marseille defense. And yeah, Upamecano will cost you an arm and a leg. But is well worth it.Ā 

Screenshot (7).png

Ā 

Massive signing in the January window big romelu on loan with an option to buy in the summer for 18m. Beast and got a brace on his debut. Rounds my team off nicely as we are solid and have classy midfielders and wingers but lacked a top strikerĀ 

Edited by Carlf788

Massive win in the bernabeu in the race for 4th spot! Incredible couple of January loan signings there too! Some real gems to be picked up on loan in January windows. We play Real Madrid again in the Copa Del Rey final in Bilbao so that would be a sweet win if we can pull that off too

Screenshot (8).png

Screenshot (9).png

Screenshot (10).png

Ā 

Ending a 33 year trophy drought is as good as it gets! My favourite win on fm19 so far and the Wilson goal was the most i have celebrated a fm goal in ages! Thought we had blew it when Lukaku missed the 1 on 1 at the end then it fell to Wilson to smash into the empty net.Ā Winning it in Bilbaos stadium too :)

3 loan players on the scoresheet for me :lol:Ā Ramsey and Lukaku have been so good and it's so noticeable what a couple of players from a level above most the rest of my team can do.Ā 

Edited by Carlf788

Started a save as Sevilla and into the January transfer window. Brought in Morilla for 1mil, Ivan Martinez for 750k, Svetozar Markovic 1.7m and looking at Antonio Marin & Manu Morlanes to help replace the aging squad. Sold Nolito, Carrico and loaned out Amadou.Ā 

I was wondering if anyone has seen Antonio Zarzana & Alejandro Pozo (on loan to Granda at the start of the game) turn out well on any saves?

Also, there is a pre-arranged transfer for MunasĀ Dabbur to join in the summer. Is he someone who could lead the line when Andre Silva's loan ends and Ben Yedder probably gets poached??

Edited by FMbeginner

23 hours ago, FMbeginner said:

I was wondering if anyone has seen Antonio Zarzana & Alejandro Pozo (on loan to Granda at the start of the game) turn out well on any saves?

I got Pozo on loan at Albacete in the second division and he was incredible, player of the season by a mile.

Edited by Waterish

8 hours ago, zlatanera said:

@Carlf788Ā @RVP32Ā Asensio is like Isco, much more of an out-and-out attacking player. Saul and Koke are complete midfielders, and there are quite a few across the world. But in Spain, and on under Ā£150k/week? Oyarzabal is probably the best.Ā 

Yeah I have certainly never seen anything like him. On the whole game not just in Spain, I don't know he was that good! He must be worth over 100m to buy now. Him and a world class keeper in Rulli make sociedad a great saveĀ 

26 minutes ago, Cunego said:

easy money :D

origi.jpg

pavon.jpg

I am in 2024 at my save with Valencia and I still use Origi now as a bench player /2nd first eleven and when he plays he score a lot even with not that great stats.

Why did u sold him so fast? I sell everyone at like 30-32 and still get a lot of money :)

21 hours ago, LukasZ_VCF said:

I am in 2024 at my save with Valencia and I still use Origi now as a bench player /2nd first eleven and when he plays he score a lot even with not that great stats.

Why did u sold him so fast? I sell everyone at like 30-32 and still get a lot of money :)

For a "free player" that money is awesome, and Joveljic come back from loan, and i buyĀ Gerard Moreno for ~14m.Ā (same pontencial)

PavĆ³n want to leave, and i buy Bergwijn for ~17m (same pontencial)

I'm gutted that my Sevilla save refuses to open and all my back ups only get a few days in before failing. A real shame. I was half way through my second season and loving it! I don't fancy starting with them again so will pick a different team in Spain. Any thoughts?? I was considering Real Sociedad and Valencia, but open to any suggestions

56 minutes ago, FMbeginner said:

I'm gutted that my Sevilla save refuses to open and all my back ups only get a few days in before failing. A real shame. I was half way through my second season and loving it! I don't fancy starting with them again so will pick a different team in Spain. Any thoughts?? I was considering Real Sociedad and Valencia, but open to any suggestions

Sociedad by a mile. Ready made world class keeper and the best all round player in the league in Oyarzabal. With a lot of good young players as well.Ā 

I am in my 4th season with them and seem to be stuck around 6th-7th for the last few years but I have won a Spanish cup.Ā 

Edited by Carlf788

22 hours ago, Carlf788 said:

Sociedad by a mile. Ready made world class keeper and the best all round player in the league in Oyarzabal. With a lot of good young players as well.Ā 

I am in my 4th season with them and seem to be stuck around 6th-7th for the last few years but I have won a Spanish cup.Ā 

What is your squad looking like? Have you been able to keep hold of the big players such as Merino and Oyarzabal? Has Barrenetxea developed well?

I have seen your posts from earlier but forgot I had seen them! Could I still see your squad though please?

Edited by FMbeginner

Merino went to Bayern Munich as they paid his release clause of 21m. Oyarzabal is fairly easy to keep. Same with rulli who is one of the top 5 keepers on the game.

Barrentexea is coming along nicely. I will post the squad in a bit, I am thinking of ending it though as I am in season 4 and feel some way off getting in the top 4. I have been around 6/7th for a few years nowĀ 

A quick question for anyone doing an Atletico Madrid save or who might know the answer anyway.Ā 

I've picked my save back up, going into season two. The finances, in terms of transfer budget and wages seem incredibly tight and I'm only getting about 10% of transfer revenue brought in. I'm guessing this is due to the new stadium and any debt attached?

Does anyone have an idea how long it is before the purse strings are loosened a bit?

43 minutes ago, davehibb said:

A quick question for anyone doing an Atletico Madrid save or who might know the answer anyway.Ā 

I've picked my save back up, going into season two. The finances, in terms of transfer budget and wages seem incredibly tight and I'm only getting about 10% of transfer revenue brought in. I'm guessing this is due to the new stadium and any debt attached?

Does anyone have an idea how long it is before the purse strings are loosened a bit?

In FM18, Atletico Madrid certainly went broke within a few seasons (I noticed this as an Athletic Club manager); so much so that I was able to get Griezmann on a Bosman! This affected their league performance too, dropping out of CL places. I haven't noticed that in FM19 yet, but you've seen their budgets!

13 minutes ago, dothestrand said:

In FM18, Atletico Madrid certainly went broke within a few seasons (I noticed this as an Athletic Club manager); so much so that I was able to get Griezmann on a Bosman! This affected their league performance too, dropping out of CL places. I haven't noticed that in FM19 yet, but you've seen their budgets!

Literally no budget I don't think in season 1. I won La Liga and UCL and the budget for season 2 was

Spoiler

Ā£3m

. Player sales have brought in over Ā£70m, of which I was given about Ā£14m. I managed to loan out Costa and get most of his wages picked up, so that's helped too.Ā 

I've spent Ā£5m on Vallejo and Llorente, who were listed by Real, Munir on a free and Foden and Malcom on loan. So I have a squad good enough to challenge once more but managing elsewhere, I've seen Atletico splashing cash, so I was hoping for a little more in terms of a transfer kitty, especially given the success in season 1. :D

2 hours ago, davehibb said:

Literally no budget I don't think in season 1. I won La Liga and UCL and the budget for season 2 was

Ā  Reveal hidden contents

Ā£3m

. Player sales have brought in over Ā£70m, of which I was given about Ā£14m. I managed to loan out Costa and get most of his wages picked up, so that's helped too.Ā 

I've spent Ā£5m on Vallejo and Llorente, who were listed by Real, Munir on a free and Foden and Malcom on loan. So I have a squad good enough to challenge once more but managing elsewhere, I've seen Atletico splashing cash, so I was hoping for a little more in terms of a transfer kitty, especially given the success in season 1. :D

I was tempted to be them but when I saw there financial state I was like no chance. Not a pot to **** in and leaking money. Griezmann on 875k a week is mental and they aren't a big enough club to be paying wages like that to one playerĀ 

On 21/03/2019 at 21:30, Carlf788 said:

Solid start to my Sociedad save, I am very impressed with the amount of quality and potential they have for a mid table side. Only 3 wins in 15 games but only 3 losses and one was at Barcelona. Playing a solid possession based 4-1-4-1. Oyarazbal is incredible. I signed Kamara from Marseille for 9m to go alongside Diego Llorente at the back, Rulli is a top keeper. Such a solid midfield as well with Merino, Illarimendi and Zubeldia. Literally about 2 players and a couple of seasons away from developing into a top 4 team i reckon.

Screenshot (2).png

I had a Sociedad save before my laptop decided to die, great team, guessing you be playing with the winter update considering Llorente is alive and well, he was out for 8 months in the original DB.

I agree their midfield is well rounded, in my save I added Marcos Llorente from Real Madrid for about 4m , don't think you can do that now in the winter update unfortunately but if you no one has picked him up, I'd highly recommend.

Willian Jose is a goal machine with the right service and what can I say about Oyarzabal, that boy is going to be special, ifirc I was warding interest from a few bigger teams.

Rulli as you say isĀ  a very good keeper.

Ā 

@Carefree_Since_1905

How highly do you rate Jan Oblak, looking forĀ  a quality replacement for the retiring Buffon in my PSG save, think he has a 110m buyout clause is he worth it?

6 hours ago, davehibb said:

@lblancĀ Oblak was top class for me in my Atleti save.Ā :thup:

Yeah he's my number one target. Was really impressed by him when I played AtlƩtico in the Semi Final of CL. As said i'm pretty sure he has a 110m buyout clause which is a lot but given he is only 26 he'll have many years ahead of him to prove his worth.

Ā 

8 hours ago, lblanc said:

Ā 

@Carefree_Since_1905

How highly do you rate Jan Oblak, looking forĀ  a quality replacement for the retiring Buffon in my PSG save, think he has a 110m buyout clause is he worth it?

Highly recommend. He is obscene. 110m is of course a lot of money but PSG have the finances.

This is a personal preference and has no relevance but IĀ quite like having a world class player from a smaller footballing nation. I have thoughts of millions of Slovenians tuning in to watching Atleti play.

Ā 

14 hours ago, Carlf788 said:

I wish atletico weren't in a such a mess financially as I would love a save as themĀ 

Well...

I actually took at look at the projections in game and according to them, the transfer kitty at the end of season 2 should be Ā£100m+

To be fair though, I have offloaded Ā£125m in players and got 70% of Costa's wages off the wage bill too. There's certainly enough talent to challenge for those first two seasons at the club, if you can suppliment the squad with a loan or two and a couple of cheap squad rotation signings.

I'm only going off the projection though, so hopefully it becomes reality. The fact that the percentage of transfer revenue has now been raised to 100% is encouraging though.