Show your skin... and inspire

Maestro_DK

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@skinner  no to the parent, the only difference is the text  and some of the  graphics .  It shouldnt take me this long but im new at this skinning stuff. Honestly ive not really looked into the settings file to change colors. I will do that. I am all for anything that makes my life easier, Thank you

vor 11 Stunden schrieb wkdsoul:

This thread needs more "can you teach me how to make that" and not  "aww gimme the shiny thing!"   no wonder makers leave in droves and make stuff amongst themselves

Word!

So, I gladly repeat my question from my DM:

Can you hint me at the code needed to centralize the section tabs? I found the files needed to change the Searchbox to show its text in the centre, but I have a hard time with the tab bar...

I guess I need to find the correct file but all I got so far is the line 

<!-- actions and sections bar -->
<container class="sections_menu_strip" id="acse" />

But I can't find any "sections menu strip.xml" or similar in my resources... and adding a alignement="centre" to the container just deletes it completely (or puts it out of view)^^

Any help would be much apreciated :-)

Regards,

Daniel

21 minutes ago, dwood79 said:

Word!

So, I gladly repeat my question from my DM:

Can you hint me at the code needed to centralize the section tabs? I found the files needed to change the Searchbox to show its text in the centre, but I have a hard time with the tab bar...

I guess I need to find the correct file but all I got so far is the line 

<!-- actions and sections bar -->
<container class="sections_menu_strip" id="acse" />

But I can't find any "sections menu strip.xml" or similar in my resources... and adding a alignement="centre" to the container just deletes it completely (or puts it out of view)^^

Any help would be much apreciated :-)

Regards,

Daniel

Yeah, its not centred, it just pushed over by the calendar date widget now on the left posted above that code line in the client oject browser, the longer pages/menu now drop down into a "more" box dropdown with the rest of the options if it goes over 5 (like on club or history page)

vor 13 Minuten schrieb wkdsoul:

Yeah, its not centred, it just pushed over by the calendar date widget now on the left posted above that code line in the client oject browser, the longer pages/menu now drop down into a "more" box dropdown with the rest of the options if it goes over 5 (like on club or history page)

Oh I see. Too bad it won't accept to be just centred. I'm playing with a spacer-container now, thanks for the hint into that direction :-)

On Player Overview it looks quite ok^^
image.thumb.png.f32aea9280fe6ef9e35f6564be9f57d2.png

Edited by dwood79

15 hours ago, Skinner said:

I've parked my old school-style project for now (you might remember I mentioned it on the discord channel a month or so back) but that was the titlebar I tried to replicate first for it. It was way too distorted for hi. res. though so it got the can. I'd be interested to see how that would look if anyone else makes a better attempt at it too ( @Ross Ingersoll ). It would be quite a feat. It looks suitable only for low res. Unless maybe you don't take the banner to the corners..

I opted for an '05 or '06 style in the end but that was about all I did tbh. I might restart that when I've finished the current one as the grass background/green subsections feel more suitable for this game. 

Screenshot (2302).png

Looks awesome!!! 

9 hours ago, dwood79 said:

Oh I see. Too bad it won't accept to be just centred. I'm playing with a spacer-container now, thanks for the hint into that direction :-)

On Player Overview it looks quite ok^^
image.thumb.png.f32aea9280fe6ef9e35f6564be9f57d2.png

Nice work ,i've kept the idea but moved the tab bar to a different part of the screen to give more toom, it was annoying me,

22 hours ago, Skinner said:

I've parked my old school-style project for now (you might remember I mentioned it on the discord channel a month or so back) but that was the titlebar I tried to replicate first for it. It was way too distorted for hi. res. though so it got the can. I'd be interested to see how that would look if anyone else makes a better attempt at it too ( @Ross Ingersoll ). It would be quite a feat. It looks suitable only for low res. Unless maybe you don't take the banner to the corners..

I opted for an '05 or '06 style in the end but that was about all I did tbh. I might restart that when I've finished the current one as the grass background/green subsections feel more suitable for this game. 

Screenshot (2302).png

It would be nice, if you release this skin!!

1 minute ago, Skinner said:

After my experience in this thread with several individuals it's probably best I don't say or show too much else. So it's probably best not to expect too much, sorry.

You have my full understanding. I know from my work with Andromeda skins, that you will be met with high expectations, and unpatient people.

I cannot believe I have to state this again.

First if you don't have anything constructive to say then just don't bother posting, I've been fairly relaxed over the years but the bickering and snide comments stop now and from now on infractions rather than warnings will be dished out, if you have a problem with a post then report it or ignore it, rather than arguing as you will both be infracted for being idiots. (And as always there is a zero tolerance policy on alias accounts).

Second there is nothing wrong with taking inspiration from other skins and at the end of the day we are fairly limited in what we can change so at various levels even independently created skins will look similar, though it's generally a good idea to acknowledge the skin that inspired you. (for example I thought I was clever with merging the kits and logos on the match screens only to find out later SI had already done it with the Team of the Week graphics, and that would have saved me a few hours work :()

However there is a difference between taking inspiration and stealing - liking a feature from another skin and implementing it yourself is perfectly fine, as is looking at the code to see how it was done and using that as the basis for your work. What isn't acceptable is lifting graphics or code from other skins, if you are doing this and are planning on releasing a skin then you need to ask permission (unless it has already been granted, or was part of the game files), though if you are just doing it for your own use then you don't need permission.

I'd also question the wisdom of posting screenshots if you have no intention of releasing the skin - whether this is one you have Frankensteined together or made yourself. It's a similar thing with taking and not giving back, if you only ever take from the community then you will find at some point there is no community left for you to take from (and you'll be left with the default Purple skin ;)).

The idea of the forum is to be a place to help people skin the game and then showcase what they have made with that help, the community grows best when people share their ideas and knowledge and use that to build and improve the community, and I would be surprised if there is a single skin out their that hasn't got a single idea from the community. Of course if you don't want to be part of the community then that is fine and you are free to leave and set up your own sites.

Finally for skin makers and the question of supporting your skin - at the basic level it is generally a good idea to at least fix any bugs in it and update it after the game gets any patches (as a patch will at some point break something in your skin) especially if you want people to download and use it. For customization it is up to you though if your skin is designed for certain resolutions then I'd make this as clear as possible and people may not realize but the majority of people who play the game use low spec laptops which likely only have a 1280x768 resolution so don't assume that the majority of your users will be using 1920x1080 or higher, and if you don't want to deal with questions regarding the editing of your skin then the best thing to do is upload it to the Steam Workshop only as Workshop skins cannot (easily anyway) be edited by users.

After being busy for the past week I was hoping to get some skinning done today, but instead its been wasted dealing with idiots.

This is actually what I came here to post;

mintpreview1.thumb.jpg.7ed6e4ca5a9412f2b7f09eb829aa67de.jpgmintpreview2.thumb.jpg.0af822bf230e39a4ac4e548bb8912639.jpgmintpreview3.thumb.jpg.c070c9b5a819a0c00f89767d5912f043.jpg

As I am slowly making progress on my skin, though still pretty much WIP with various other screens a bit broken at the moment and still tweaking the above screens - turns out there is a lot of hard-coded white text this year.

And whilst I'm here is there anything anyone would like adding to the Player screen as I have one empty column at the moment and will likely remove the stars as they aren't working correctly (for some reason the game doesn't like the ids used on the other panel so they don't always line up with the stars in the summary).

2 hours ago, Ross Ingersoll said:

Looking good Mike. I do have a question for anyone who knows, I have a rather large 4k monitor and use a high resolution, does that mean for anyone using the skin at a normal one, it will not look the same? 

If you are using 200% zoom then it should appear the same as someone using 1920x1080.

1 hour ago, wkdsoul said:

How decent is the zoom, my laptop is crap and i usually just rebuild for normal zooom 1600x900.  If i was to get used to say 85% would that allow me to create a bit better for higher res laptops? 

you asking mike?  here is my screen on 100 

100.png

55 minutes ago, stevemc said:

Love this particular screen, how/where did you achieve that? 

I've often thought about skinning the news page!

Its from the Andromeda skin.  from the look of the base/layout, with a font & paint job on it.  have a look in that skin.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=705367753179213&amp;set=pcb.1261052437369547&amp;type=3&amp;theater

Edited by wkdsoul

1 hour ago, stevemc said:

Love this particular screen, how/where did you achieve that? 

I've often thought about skinning the news page!

If you send me a pm, I will give you a link for the skin. Then you can get these panels and graphics for this screen..

8 hours ago, bella699 said:

Yeah right. We have used it in our skins the last 2 years

Fair enough, i was just trying to point him a skin thats available that has it, should of typed  its IN the andromeda skin.  apologies.    It was CFM' skin i think i saw it in previously, couple of FMs ago

Edited by wkdsoul

1 hour ago, wkdsoul said:

Fair enough, i was just trying to point him a skin thats available that has it, should of typed  its IN the andromeda skin.  apologies.    It was CFM' skin i think i saw it in previously, couple of FMs ago

You don´t have to apology. I really like this screen, and the first who got this into the skin, was when Flut released the FM classic skin, for the full version.

1 hour ago, stevemc said:

Where do the pictures from the news screen live, if I want to edit them?

It's these types of ones... plus I think a floodlight and a pattern background?

1583xns.png

358cbkj.png

fm-widgets\graphics\photos\dynamic or something like that 

2 ore fa, Jovovich ha scritto:

This is my skin. 

I do not have any new ideas, So I will take time to finish the skin making.  

These are the only 2 screens I have done. 

K-022.thumb.png.df1a9bad89cccd5598783da08e91088d.pngK-023.thumb.png.4ff01501dad31dc09d379eafa919b70a.png

i really like the map of the club overview panel, did you create the pictures for every nation and city?

2 hours ago, mastelli said:

really impressive, great job

This is how my maps working. 

I used pictures as background logos left. 

for example, 

<record to="graphics/pictures/nation/776/logo/background/left" from="italy"/> in the config file. 

For the nations, 

italy.thumb.png.1bf175e4054a4eb06efd2da7cba4c276.png

For the clubs, 

torino.thumb.png.e683e37d1d480e217f289f1078e01453.png

I am still working on it. 

I am not sure I have the right to share this. Because I uesed Google maps. 

If Google says okay, I will share for everyone. 

I am glad that you like the map. 

Thanks. 

4 ore fa, Jovovich ha scritto:

This is how my maps working. 

I used pictures as background logos left. 

for example, 

<record to="graphics/pictures/nation/776/logo/background/left" from="italy"/> in the config file. 

For the nations, 

italy.thumb.png.1bf175e4054a4eb06efd2da7cba4c276.png

For the clubs, 

torino.thumb.png.e683e37d1d480e217f289f1078e01453.png

I am still working on it. 

I am not sure I have the right to share this. Because I uesed Google maps. 

If Google says okay, I will share for everyone. 

I am glad that you like the map. 

Thanks. 

I dont think there will be any trouble with Google (at least I hope). I can't use this solution because in my panels the background logos left are the shirts in the player overview panel, I think there would be some sort of conflict (or maybe not?) Anyway, great job

29 minutes ago, steveyisatard said:

Using Andromeda but having an issue with font sizes on the leagues in focus panels on the competition news screen what controls the font size in those selector panels?

image.thumb.png.ca5363ecdd012fd297323fc4292fecb9.png

Hes just uploading an update for andromeda now.. try that

vor 10 Stunden schrieb wkdsoul:

Ahhh. crap. i'll take another later.. lol 

401033428_PatrickBamford_OverviewProfile-3.thumb.png.ef8a853bcb5a29d342b4542917946026.png

Looks beautiful! I have fiddled myself a lot with a player overview where the details stay at the top but never managed to find a solution I really like. Yours looks great though!

But where did you put the tab-bar? 

5 minutes ago, dwood79 said:

Looks beautiful! I have fiddled myself a lot with a player overview where the details stay at the top but never managed to find a solution I really like. Yours looks great though!

But where did you put the tab-bar? 

for now nowhere (not sure this work with the match screens, havent got that far) but tryign to get the auto hide feature to work so i can stick it at the top of the page) 

Edited by wkdsoul