Show your skin... and inspire

Maestro_DK

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Rivanov said:

I thought this topic was to show the skin you are using in your game? Not showing off the skin you created by yourself?
I changed some panels to my own liking.

not when you're distributing versions of the skin that have barely been changed without permission. please remove your links.

On 01/05/2019 at 21:20, bluestillidie00 said:

he's changed some panels but yeah a few of those screenshots are the exact same. I'm past caring tbh, I'm used to it

18 hours ago, bluestillidie00 said:

not when you're distributing versions of the skin that have barely been changed without permission. please remove your links.

So you do care. ;)
And technically; you also created this skin with the use of different panels from other skins..

And I have never said this was my skin. Only that I'm using this skin and changed some thing to my liking.

Edited by Rivanov

10 hours ago, Rivanov said:

So you do care. ;)
And technically; you also created this skin with the use of different panels from other skins..

And I have never said this was my skin. Only that I'm using this skin and changed some thing to my liking.

I'm sure he has asked for permission from others to use and modify their files. Then he has given them credit for the work. There are proper ways to do it. All skin makers follow this procedure.

3 hours ago, yonko said:

I'm sure he has asked for permission from others to use and modify their files. Then he has given them credit for the work. There are proper ways to do it. All skin makers follow this procedure.

yep. For example this is the conversation I had with Bossland about using a similar background selector. If you reactivate it, you'll see it's nothing like the one in YACS anyway, yet I cleared it because I have nothing but respect for him and his skin. If you want to host changes you've made to the skin, host the individual panels, not a whole skin. 

Regardless, that's all I'm saying on the issue as like I've said before, I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

Screenshot_20190503-201718_Samsung Internet.jpg

On 06/12/2018 at 20:07, thiagod22 said:

Well this is the first time in all Football Manager series that i am actually trying to learn how to skin the game, still baby steps but it looks nice to me, lets see where i can get, but this year the light skin seems pretty nice except from the club and player overview, so that was where i started, keep in mind that im trying to follow the style of the default light skin.

simpletest.thumb.jpg.b983cde2c0e85d910e8275176455eb21.jpg

inspired me to make my own! 

Before anyone asks, no this won't be released, just look at the titlebar for example. But, use it for inspiration like I did the one above!

image.thumb.png.6742660d6a5c73fb91179786c177d53b.png 

2 hours ago, bluestillidie00 said:

yep. For example this is the conversation I had with Bossland about using a similar background selector. If you reactivate it, you'll see it's nothing like the one in YACS anyway, yet I cleared it because I have nothing but respect for him and his skin. If you want to host changes you've made to the skin, host the individual panels, not a whole skin. 

Regardless, that's all I'm saying on the issue as like I've said before, I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

I just hope that such things do not discourage you from making skins in the future.

I didn't want to make a big fuss out of this.. It was never my intention to take the pride of someone elses efforts. I just wanted to share the skin I'm using. Full credits are going to @bluestillidie00 ofcourse! I just applied some changes to my own taste. I should have made that clear in the beginning.. my mistake.

On 17/04/2019 at 15:38, Wozzie said:

Version no. 2 or rather 9453...

Looks more compact, and has better symmetry. Thanks for your wonderful feedback.

20190417151756_1.jpg

That is just amazing, really inspired me to make something new myself. I'm still a noob at this, this one I've been working on is only my 2nd skin so far.

This is it in it's current state, still need to figure out what to do with player overview but I already wanted to do something similar to yours (at least previous versions).

Skin_Club.png

Skin_Home.png

Skin_Tactics.png

On 08/05/2019 at 12:31, (sic) said:

That is just amazing, really inspired me to make something new myself. I'm still a noob at this, this one I've been working on is only my 2nd skin so far.

This is it in it's current state, still need to figure out what to do with player overview but I already wanted to do something similar to yours (at least previous versions).

Looking good man!

Had one of my bursts of inspiration and spent the last couple of hours on this. Still needs a lot of work but im fairly happy with it so far!. The player panel is just taken from my glass skin, but the actual UI and theme of the skin is hte key point

75f6c3cacd547810103ec15a79ef1130.png

Edited by bluestillidie00

4 hours ago, bluestillidie00 said:

Looking good man!

Had one of my bursts of inspiration and spent the last couple of hours on this. Still needs a lot of work but im fairly happy with it so far!. The player panel is just taken from my glass skin, but the actual UI and theme of the skin is hte key point

75f6c3cacd547810103ec15a79ef1130.png

I think the layout looks really good. Background might be slightly too transparent, and the text in season stats look lighter. The menu bar fade is nice. Not criticising just observations, as you know I’m a big fan of your work.

Player profile is kinda done, I'm not 100% sure about it still.

I guess I'll just play the game and see how I like it, any feedback is welcome :)

Player Profile.png

Edit: Updated.

525471920_PlayerProfilev2.thumb.png.4c39fd3cbc17739daa2c1529cebfe2d7.png

Edited by (sic)

Sorry for my English. Google translate helps me.

I recently made my skin from the panels that I posted on the game forums. I had to decently edit, so that everything worked together. I love minimalism in skins. Therefore, I chose only those panels that I personally liked. Thank you for putting these panels here.

- Changed the skin cap.
- New "Club Overview" screen.
- Added the ability to view backgrounds (the tiles are now transparent, the degree of transparency can be edited in the folder with the skin). The backgrounds themselves are also in the skin folder.
- Added button "Instant result".
- Edited the text color for the most enjoyable reading (due to the "connection" of different panels in one skin, the color of the inscriptions changed).
- Also changed the panel when viewing the match.

If you like it, then write here - I will download this skin.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

On 14/05/2019 at 15:00, (sic) said:

Player profile is kinda done, I'm not 100% sure about it still.

I guess I'll just play the game and see how I like it, any feedback is welcome :)

Player Profile.png

Edit: Updated.

525471920_PlayerProfilev2.thumb.png.4c39fd3cbc17739daa2c1529cebfe2d7.png

Looks great, mate. Very clean and nice. Do you plan sharing the skin?

16 hours ago, mlodziezowy said:

@(sic) that looks awesome, I hope you decide to upload it once it's done :)

11 minutes ago, Haiku said:

Looks great, mate. Very clean and nice. Do you plan sharing the skin?

Thanks,  it's probably gonna be released although I can't say when, probably whenever I feel like it's ready. I'm still not sure about how everything looks at the moment.
I plan on just playing the game using the skin to see how I feel about it.

I wasn't sure if I was gonna release it at first, because I wanted it to be a base/learning tool for FM20 skin. Seeing how it turned out I'm positive it's gonna be released soon, it's just that I'm lazy right now to finish it :D

19 minutes ago, (sic) said:

Thanks,  it's probably gonna be released although I can't say when, probably whenever I feel like it's ready. I'm still not sure about how everything looks at the moment.
I plan on just playing the game using the skin to see how I feel about it.

I wasn't sure if I was gonna release it at first, because I wanted it to be a base/learning tool for FM20 skin. Seeing how it turned out I'm positive it's gonna be released soon, it's just that I'm lazy right now to finish it :D

Any chance sending it to anyone interested? I like it as it is right now to be honest.

6 minutes ago, Haiku said:

Any chance sending it to anyone interested? I like it as it is right now to be honest.

Really glad you like it, the look of the skin is pretty much gonna stay like this. It's just the case of re-arranging some panels (if needed), although I'd say it's 98% done.

The only thing I HAVE to do is fix some color issues. The overall look isn't gonna change.

So, to answer your question, no but I'm looking to release it in a few days, possibly this weekend.

On 17/05/2019 at 15:39, (sic) said:

Really glad you like it, the look of the skin is pretty much gonna stay like this. It's just the case of re-arranging some panels (if needed), although I'd say it's 98% done.

The only thing I HAVE to do is fix some color issues. The overall look isn't gonna change.

So, to answer your question, no but I'm looking to release it in a few days, possibly this weekend.

Brilliant work mate love it, Your skin reminds me of the oxo skins few years ago, cant wait too download it waiting on starting new game now :):hammer:

On 17/04/2019 at 15:38, Wozzie said:

Version no. 2 or rather 9453...

Looks more compact, and has better symmetry. Thanks for your wonderful feedback.

20190417151756_1.jpg

Any chance you will release this @Wozzie or maybe send me a DM containing the skin?

Must say in all years playing CM/FM this is one of the absolute slickest looking ones I´ve seen - stunning work! Simplistic yet elegant.

Edited by bubba_89

12 hours ago, Wozzie said:

Still not sure about sharing, as I'm not fully satisfied. Couple panels still need fixing (staff, nation profile), and I'm tinkering with the club/ player ones. Maybe 2020?

20190526224131_1.jpg

20190526225210_1.jpg

20190526225323_1.jpg

That glass effect for the background looks great.

13 minutes ago, ChainsXV said:

That glass effect for the background looks great.

I like it too. TBH I PM'd @dwood79 with similar statement as yours, when I saw this:

On 14/11/2018 at 10:36, dwood79 said:

Oh I see. Too bad it won't accept to be just centred. I'm playing with a spacer-container now, thanks for the hint into that direction :-)

On Player Overview it looks quite ok^^
image.thumb.png.f32aea9280fe6ef9e35f6564be9f57d2.png

On 26/05/2019 at 22:54, Wozzie said:

Still not sure about sharing, as I'm not fully satisfied. Couple panels still need fixing (staff, nation profile), and I'm tinkering with the club/ player ones. Maybe 2020?

20190526224131_1.jpg

Tinkering... Bigger stadium picture? Some containers changed places as well.

20190528001606_1.thumb.jpg.971715c0726709d42dd9bf56ff7cb739.jpg

Edited by Wozzie

@Wozzie, smaller definitely better. Especially when stadium pics are really small... DazS pack mini stadiums pack I believe is still the most popular one.

Love the design of your player overview tho. Keep the skin clean and players will like it for sure. KUTGW mate.

Not sure where to ask so I guess here is as good as any, but I can´t for the life of me change the background color of the attribute when using boxes. I figured it was done in the skin settings xml as below,

<!-- profile attribute colours -->
    <colour name="low attribute" red="245" green="245" blue="245" alpha="100"/>
    <colour name="normal attribute" red="245" green="245" blue="245" alpha="255"/>
    <colour name="good attribute" red="45" green="140" blue="235" alpha="140"/>
    <colour name="excellent attribute" red="45" green="140" blue="235" />
  <colour name="low attribute background" red="40" green="120" blue="40" alpha="140"/>
  <colour name="normal attribute background" red="40" green="120" blue="40" alpha="200"/>
  <colour name="good attribute background" red="40" green="120" blue="120" />
  <colour name="excellent attribute background" red="0" green="120" blue="255" />

but changing any of these does nothing... anyone care to help?

Appreciate it, thanks.

30 minutes ago, bubba_89 said:

Not sure where to ask so I guess here is as good as any, but I can´t for the life of me change the background color of the attribute when using boxes. I figured it was done in the skin settings xml as below,

<!-- profile attribute colours -->
    <colour name="low attribute" red="245" green="245" blue="245" alpha="100"/>
    <colour name="normal attribute" red="245" green="245" blue="245" alpha="255"/>
    <colour name="good attribute" red="45" green="140" blue="235" alpha="140"/>
    <colour name="excellent attribute" red="45" green="140" blue="235" />
  <colour name="low attribute background" red="40" green="120" blue="40" alpha="140"/>
  <colour name="normal attribute background" red="40" green="120" blue="40" alpha="200"/>
  <colour name="good attribute background" red="40" green="120" blue="120" />
  <colour name="excellent attribute background" red="0" green="120" blue="255" />

but changing any of these does nothing... anyone care to help?

Appreciate it, thanks.

Have you tried re-running the game? AFAIR I had similar issues, and some changes weren't instantly visible.

5 minutes ago, Wozzie said:

Have you tried re-running the game? AFAIR I had similar issues, and some changes weren't instantly visible.

Yes, many times + cleared cache.

The only guides/instructions I can find only quote the above code but nothing happens for me. So far I am able to change a skin from attributes to --> attributes with boxes as backgorund but all of them turn out the same with blue backgrounds and not being able to change color.. So the game do recognises that the skin has been changed but so far no luck regarding just the colors. Any ideas?

9 hours ago, Wozzie said:

Tinkering... Bigger stadium picture? Some containers changed places as well.

20190528001606_1.thumb.jpg.971715c0726709d42dd9bf56ff7cb739.jpg

just my thoughts - I would make Honours with trophies panel as default in the right bottom instead of Club Background, I'm sure it would look better. I would add Average Age info around the Squad Personality.

15 minutes ago, keysi said:

just my thoughts - I would make Honours with trophies panel as default in the right bottom instead of Club Background, I'm sure it would look better. I would add Average Age info around the Squad Personality.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. As a LLM fan, I'm not that keen on showing empty cabinet. :)Besides, tabbed containers should keep players choice, so the "default" view would be customizable. Club background is active to show the changes (stars ratings moved).

Edited by Wozzie

• 1 month later...

In the new version of my skin with the "score board selector" graphics installed (credit to FMNation, Maruemon ("Jovovich" on this forum) I made the bottom portion of the screen MUCH smaller now, leaving more space for the “full match” experience. The commentary section overlays on the match timeline which is almost completely obscured, when you click on the commentary bar the “match playback” buttons appear so you can scroll quickly through the highlights of any match and record it.
Also replaced the “match console” with icons only, leaving more space in the top portion of the screen;
Match review screen with playback buttons playback options in match (commentary/timeline) updated and included much bigger match captions.

Also tweaked the tactics screens (in match and regular) and player profile screen (multiple tabs for more information to be shown)

These screenshots are from my own skin (personal use), no requests for download links please. 

1118744714_Screenshot(31).thumb.png.76449f7bd4462055e8036639962d1dc8.png1949482167_Screenshot(39).thumb.png.fc945f69fad890517578afa43900662b.png1404130144_Screenshot(34).thumb.png.4cbaed6ba685c8ea0f364c6053bf3fb1.png2003069778_Screenshot(27).thumb.png.9e000db0c4471645810e3c1f224f356e.png1250709400_Screenshot(40).thumb.png.34d7257d43d968928fee38f0f587247d.png1187664892_Screenshot(6).thumb.png.3941fbf5ce967b69381d5f13c3556bf8.png824059564_Screenshot(33).thumb.png.20f276e8f473b4dd613e567a5ff4d0fb.png308941331_Screenshot(45).thumb.png.861676167bb0cd03e481ee2db7d448bb.png1951530462_Screenshot(43).thumb.png.2c0782f6e2303df51754569b217696ff.png730696890_Screenshot(42).thumb.png.92a9c930c4a4a78ee0e21a61149f203d.png1836809489_Screenshot(41).thumb.png.1273e9235701393647baa8e2671162ad.png

Edited by a31632