Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

• Replies 37.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i am finding that even with very good teams you canno0t just plug n play you have to micro manage change mentality when needed also shouts , subs even swap formation , but for me the 424 , and 433 are working , just need to watch games , I have even given oi's for difficult games , so watch the games and looks to me as this year they SI are trying to get you more involved in the game !!!

Agora, marksmithlfc1234 disse:

i am finding that even with very good teams you canno0t just plug n play you have to micro manage change mentality when needed also shouts , subs even swap formation , but for me the 424 , and 433 are working , just need to watch games , I have even given oi's for difficult games , so watch the games and looks to me as this year they SI are trying to get you more involved in the game !!!

by your explanation, plug n play tactics are dead.. so download tactics dont make sense anymore? I think no! Just not founded the META/op yet, but in the next months knap Will found the perfect tactic like other years…

I think the main difference this year is about the huge difference between playing at home or away. If I have a decent/average side, I have no problems beating (and often dominating) most teams at home. But in away matches I just can't get control over the game in the same way. Yes, there is a difference between home and away matches IRL. Stats prove that home-field-advantage does exist. However, I think the home-field-advantage is too strong in FM 23.

As far as tactics go: I think we're better off using 2 tactics this year: one for home games (and maybe very easy away games) and a more conservative one for away games (and maybe some very tough home games against very good opponents). The problem is that these 2-tactic-systems can't be holiday-tested.

3 hours ago, knap said:

Like the look of this one, going to try dropping the mentality to Cautious and using it as my Away tactic. Using Beowulf 424 IF VOL P104 as Home tactic so basically dropping an AF into the CM A spot and dropping mentality, because I agree with @burnum above, away games seem to be especially tricky this year.

As often reported for many other tactics even the 424 is working well at home but seems quite inconsistent away. After a rough patch I've switched back to PARIS 4231(ME 23.0 with IF's and Nike defence) and looks more stable both home and away, I think AMC helps controlling the game on current ME and I agree FM 23 is pretty much built around 4231 DM formation so probably worth tweaking the 4231 which is unfortunate as my team is loaded with promising young strikers :D

@knap - I tried the 4213 for a single game as Chelsea away against Man Utd - season 1 - Chelsea had bought Lautaro Martinez. Chelsea won the game 0-6 away :cool:

ME23.1BEOWULFKnap4213IFVOLP100ALCUPS.fmf

Game report..png

United formation (2).png

sterling (2).png

Edited by mama99ai

13 hours ago, knap said:

Ran a Arsenal test

image.thumb.png.73a9488fd128f8c1b124e41a34efdf32.png

image.png.99762fedc0171228566242f95ac14a26.png

Would say I could have done better with a better AF, but Eddie scored 42 goals all comps so that would be unfair to him lol 

One thing I can say this year is if you are planning on playing attack in every game you better find the best defenders and GK possible, overwise you will concede a boat load.

Not just this tactic that goes for pretty much every attacking tactic I have tried this year

Also tough games/away games on attacking is like rolling a dice. If it all clicks you can smash the opponent but on another day they could also give you a heavy beating.

It looks like team reputation is still very important in this year's game (and slow to build up) -- I'm doing a VNS to Prem League save with Buxton and am currently in League One, last season (first after promotion from League Two) was a slog and even the top-rated Beowulf 424 tactic was inconsistent and barely kept me up, finished 18th. But after surviving relegation, club gained some stature and reputation, and after my usual off-season business of marginally upgrading my team, I'm off to smashing people to start this new season, first place after 8 played, 7-1-0. So I expect the entire process will repeat itself as I get promoted to the Championship and then the Prem league, but it seems like stature/reputation are still pretty slow to increase and lag behind actual player upgrades you make to your squad (and can make Knap's tactics look worse than they are). I assume I eventually will be as high-reputation and dominant as Liverpool using these tactics, it'll just take a while :) 

Edited by daniel.camponovo

tbh i tried a couple of tactic made by this method this year and its 70% uneffecient yet....  i made like 104 all cups tests and in a normal save its just a worthless thing... maybe its a damn rng issue with the one shot by enemy goal so far or i dont know...   the tests did well in liverpool tests and also in an other big run testing league from other forum , but in normal save just sad.. i dont know what to say yet...   its just a pathetic watch it  1 shot thing going goal every single time