Fmrte

Jinner Jamie

That's good. I knew the Attributes figures changed in the game, but a player I'd expected a vast improvement from didn't show this, hence my query. However maybe more time will help him. BTW...what does "CA" stand for?

Do you know if I can change a player or managers age? It doesn't appear possible, but I'm not sure if there is anything I've missed that would allow me to do this.

Thanks for your previous answer.

Cheers

Toppers

CA stands for Current Ability. If you don't change this as well as the attributes then the attriubtes will go back to the way they were very quickly in the game.

And yeah you can change their date of birth. :thup:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CA is current Ability. As for changing a player's age it IS possible. Just change their date of birth :)

So when you increase a player's ability eg add a few extra point to their skills, physical stats etc, is it wise to up their CA a little too?

Ps - Great update Ruci. Cheers.

EDIT: Jod beat me to it :)

CA stands for Current Ability. If you don't change this as well as the attributes then the attriubtes will go back to the way they were very quickly in the game.

And yeah you can change their date of birth. :thup:

How do I change the DOB's. Is it the same method for a player as to do it for a manager? Can you detail how to do these changes, please?

Cheers

Toppers

Assuming you know how to use FMRTE as you can edit attributes, just go to the player/manager you want and then in the text beside born click the little calendar icon which is on the right of it. Then just choose the date of birth you want and save the changes. Hope that helps. :thup:

Assuming you know how to use FMRTE as you can edit attributes, just go to the player/manager you want and then in the text beside born click the little calendar icon which is on the right of it. Then just choose the date of birth you want and save the changes. Hope that helps. :thup:

I'm starting to feel stupid now. I've changed attributes of players and finances at my club. So I am familiar with FMRTE, although I've not used it extensively.

My reason for hunting the Editor out in the first place, was to change my age in a game Ive been playing for over 10 seasons and which I'm frightened of being pensioned off in. So I'm close to achieving this I still haven't been able to.

I've searched for my team and there is no sign of my name coming up as manager. I don't see any mention of a manager for the team.

When I get to the team page, players ages cannot be edited and then at each players details, the space beside "age" has nothing to click on nor any sort of Icon.

I've also tried initially searching for my name but nothing shows up.

Have you any explanations for this or can you tell me what I'm doing wrong/missing, please?

TIA

Toppers

It should appear. Have you tired searching for a player? Then just change the date of birth.

When I first start FMRTE, I've tried searching for a player and myself, as manager and nothing shows. The only way I've got the editor to work is by searching with the team name.

Doing this I'm not able to edit players ages because there is either nothing there to let me change it or the age stated can't be edited.

I've also never seen my name mentioned on any screen as the team manager.

What way would you normally use the editor? I know this might be an irksome problem for you but I do appreciate your patience.

Have you any other suggestions?

Cheers

Toppers

Don't worry. I am happy to help. :)

Double click on one of the players. Can you edit them then?

I've double clicked on a player on the team squad page and I can't edit him.

If I click on a player who is listed in the seach list section....bottom left of screen...the players info appears to the right. However nothing appears opposite BORN to allow me to change a DOB or his age. Something doesn't appear to be quite right.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your support.

I've double clicked on a player on the team squad page and I can't edit him.

If I click on a player who is listed in the seach list section....bottom left of screen...the players info appears to the right. However nothing appears opposite BORN to allow me to change a DOB or his age. Something doesn't appear to be quite right.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your support.

It sounds like there is something wrong with the version you have. Have you the latest one?

I had troubles with FRMTE 3 versions ago. Couldn't get the players to load at all. Then when Ruci came up with the next version, I tried that one and it worked... Seems that there are still some bugs to iron out. My suggestion is to perhaps try one of the older versions located somewhere in this thread...

jesus christ, load up a club, now if you look really really carefully underneath where it says 'afilliations' it will say 'relations' click the tab and edit from there, got it? some people...

Right so are you saying the words "not available yet" dont appear on your version?

Simple question son, no need to be an arse about it.

It sounds like there is something wrong with the version you have. Have you the latest one?

I've just downloaded a later version and everything seems OK. I can now even be a sprighly 21 year old if I wanted to be!! LOL.:)

A really big thank you for all your help.

Best wishes

Toppers

Right so are you saying the words "not available yet" dont appear on your version?

Simple question son, no need to be an arse about it.

They do appear but ignore them. The way you edit those options is you go to the relations section of the club.

EDIT: No problem Topper. Glad it works now. :thup:

No what i am saying is that in the club infomation screen you wont be able to edit from there, it does say no available yet but.... if you took the 2 seconds it takes to look down the options on the left hand side you will see a tab that says relations you can edit everything from there, look at this image http://img5.imageshack.us/my.php?image=relationsuk3.jpg

Ive seen this in another forum or maybe this but cant find it.

When I edit a players CA it goes back down in like a week.

I have tried editing the players CA and leaving stats.

and editing CA and stats to try and level out.

Want to make him 179CA, but he goes back down to 172, even below his normal, 169.

Anyone help on this area

Hey Ruci

Great, great work. Thanks for taking the time in your life to create such a helpful program for the FM community.

I noticed, however, that the Legend button now makes a player have 20 for Dirtiness and 1 for Temperament! That combination is likely to see him get sent off on a regular basis! 20 is the best attribute for Temperament as it means that the player isn't likely to commit rash challenges, etc.

The player's reputation also remains unchanged. A true legend would have 10,000 for Home, Current and World reputation.

Thanks

Want to make him 179CA, but he goes back down to 172, even below his normal, 169.

Anyone help on this area

Hmmm... That's odd. I've been editing CA and PAs using FMRTE since the game was released and the only time this occurs is when a player gets older. Naturally his CA starts to fall as he approaches retirement age.

But I haven't observed CA and PAs falling for players who are in the normal age range for their position.

Anyone help on this area

What is his PA?

Anyone help on this area

whats his age?

Probably already been asked, but is there a way to 'force' a new stadium to be built? I know I can edit the stadium capacity, but wondered if there was a criteria for getting the board to give you a new stadium?

I have plenty of money (£500m), and my board won't increase the staddium capacity because 'they will never get planning permission'. I'm mid season at the minute, anyone know if it's likely they will announce one in the close season?

TIA

Probably already been asked, but is there a way to 'force' a new stadium to be built? I know I can edit the stadium capacity, but wondered if there was a criteria for getting the board to give you a new stadium?

I have plenty of money (£500m), and my board won't increase the staddium capacity because 'they will never get planning permission'. I'm mid season at the minute, anyone know if it's likely they will announce one in the close season?

TIA

In the club information screen, you can try increasing the Average, Minimum, and Maximum attendances to well over the stadium capacity, and see if that new demand for seats spurs the board on.

Anyone help on this area

you have to edit his pa as well as his ca:thup:

In the club information screen, you can try increasing the Average, Minimum, and Maximum attendances to well over the stadium capacity, and see if that new demand for seats spurs the board on.

well I'm highly successful, have a billion in the bank and only a 29,000 seater stadium

min attendance is 13000

average is 60412

max is 75515

what would I change mine to?

I am so fed up with this. I have updated .net three times in the past two months and downloaded every version of this program Every time I doule click to open it , the thing crashes and will not open. I am running xp, using latest.net and ltest version of this program. Has anyone else been unable to run it at all since it was launched?

well I'm highly successful, have a billion in the bank and only a 29,000 seater stadium

min attendance is 13000

average is 60412

max is 75515

what would I change mine to?

just change the stats and capacity will change:thup:

not having a go here but why give yourself so much money its pointless it will get very boring for you winning all the time/signing anyone you want etc:confused:

anyway just try in rte...or just use pre-game editor to change stadium

Yes this worked for me! Thank you! But isn't it wrong to remove an update from windows?

at the moment that's the only way to fix this problem, this bug was already reported and Microsoft is aware of it..but i dont know when they will release an update to fix it..

you can see the discussion in microsoft forum (http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/wpf/thread/000120da-6469-4106-9427-f94f3efc6b1c/)

just change the stats and capacity will change:thup:

not having a go here but why give yourself so much money its pointless it will get very boring for you winning all the time/signing anyone you want etc:confused:

anyway just try in rte...or just use pre-game editor to change stadium

ordinarily, I was on 400m anyway, but I've increased it temporarily so that money cannot possibly be an option in getting a new stadium.

I've not spent more than 5m for about 5 seasons now anyway

kingrobbo, change what stats?

I've not edited the stadium at all, but wouldn't want capacity to change cos I want a new stadium, not more for Ashton Gate.

The stats that are 60000 odd are genuine

Probably change the minimum attendance - think thats the only one that might make a difference, since the your average and max are well over the stadium's limits. Or alternatively decrease your stadium's capacities to something really low? <100? Maybe that might force their hand.

Edit: Oh and thanks ruci - found the editor last week and was great...just playing around with it heh - made the smallest English club I could find into world class with all great players just to see how it worked. After the first season one of my strikers had scored 100 goals. Still couldn't beat the FM record!! But thanks, great job!

Yes this worked for me! Thank you! But isn't it wrong to remove an update from windows?

I'm half joking but, for me, what's wrong is to install them, as you can see with the current situation! ;)

Not advising anyone to do as I do but, in my case, I usually install XP, SP2, maybe some updates and that's it. No more updates after that. As long as you're behind a router, have a good firewall and are careful with what you visit, download and install, you should be safe.

ordinarily, I was on 400m anyway, but I've increased it temporarily so that money cannot possibly be an option in getting a new stadium.

I've not spent more than 5m for about 5 seasons now anyway

kingrobbo, change what stats?

I've not edited the stadium at all, but wouldn't want capacity to change cos I want a new stadium, not more for Ashton Gate.

The stats that are 60000 odd are genuine

just use pre game editor that was with fm09.create a new stadium and move in on a set date:thup:

Hmmm... That's odd. I've been editing CA and PAs using FMRTE since the game was released and the only time this occurs is when a player gets older. Naturally his CA starts to fall as he approaches retirement age.

But I haven't observed CA and PAs falling for players who are in the normal age range for their position.

whats his age?
What is his PA?

To answer questions I will give some details about the player.

The player is a created player I added into the database before starting.

Hes currently 25years old, (2013)

His CA is 177 now, few weeks ago(game time) I made it 179. His PA is 189, which has never been changed since the start.

I have top of the range facilities and he gets top training, plays nearly every game.

I know most players might loose a point or too, and gain CA while growing but his CA goes down after Ive edited it. It was stuck on 173 before I edited it but I wanted to make him a little bit better.

you have to edit his pa as well as his ca:thup:

Will that have any effect seeing as hes 25 and would have reached his CA limit?

Also if I edit his CA and PA, will his stats go up with that?

I never have had problems with editing CA, PA from 08. Havnt done any other players on 09, so just curious. Thanks

Archived