[FM18] I didn't mean to Braga bout The Quarry, but...

BoxToBox

34 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

He really does!

Golden generation is fairly common, all it means is there's a group of players who could reach a good first team level. For example, a non-league team in England could get a group, but they'd still be non-league level players.

Generation talent is definitely the better result.

Cheers! 

Rui Pedro and Agostinho are my favorites of a really class bunch btw. 

2 hours ago, Dexter_Morgan said:

Great start with this, the portuguese threads on here recently have been superb and make me want a go as i've only ever managed there once in 10 years playing the game and that was FM 10 doing the Gundo challenge :eek: 

Cheers! Heck of a long time ago by yourself, certainly due a revisit!

2 hours ago, Benjoe said:

Cheers! 

Rui Pedro and Agostinho are my favorites of a really class bunch btw. 

They both look great too, think Agostinho may be more suited to the wing long term, so I've been training him as in Inside Forward. That'll help as a Mezzala too.

21 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

They both look great too, think Agostinho may be more suited to the wing long term, so I've been training him as in Inside Forward. That'll help as a Mezzala too.

Wingers? What the hell is that? 

Chicken wings? Yummy.

2 hours ago, john1 said:

Ouch!! Hopefully you can shock them! :D 

8060afc95d8c7ffba0665b676ae65d44.gif

f6416495a87b2742f7738ba5817bb34f.png

We were doing alright in the first leg, 2-2 with about 15 mins left, then Ricca got sent off and Ronaldo ran over to his bench, ripped his shirt off while roaring "HAVE YOU ANY OLIVE OIL?!!!?!?!?!"

3b59ddb0380b84d3d72d5ae238923dfe.gif

...and on this day, they became legends...

77446db10e5a136c4383bfd053d04b21.png

9acb56ef815a433dcda4f995294ed51e.gif

The match report is underplaying this goal a bit!

e090cf5fdd7c85c9f5f439832562f0f2.png

EDIT:

Key players all season Xadas, Hassan and Martins all had monster showings when it mattered most.

9930f2a964477247df285911706adca9.png

Season review!

Great year overall, done well on one cup, weak in the other but landing Porto early was bad luck. Europe was a might run until Madrid dismantled us, and of course the league was delightful, even if we did start to look like choking in the second half of the season. In our defence, it was as much Benfica going on an amazing run as anything, we weren't bad by any means.

b6afc011ccb22855ce40aba7543b979c.png5e7ec65cd1cf2cded62fe3c32b0c7265.jpg134e4f700c290db536460c83edc93fe6.png

75789fb3e79aceca411953d7d14d019c.png

Players of the season.

Fabio Martins with 10 goals and 21 assists, Hassan with 25 goals and 9 assists, and Xadas with 4 goals and 5 assists(but mainly pulled the strings in midfield) are the three I've picked, and the decider against Benfica exemplified what they were about all year long.

8af97c54c15b457f3e450562a138047b.png8bea737e8ad3bcf07b40883bc8187dc0.png265fc1f915e9815a31a5988d918dea24.png

Surprises?

Reko Silva, I didn't expect to be as much of a prospect as some others, but he's growing well, and after an injury crisis jumped into midfield and didn't look out of place at all. He still may not become a great player, but he certainly should become a solid option.

6188053c11af200287fc363b4a4f1a63.png

Disappointments?

Melegoni breaking his ankle and reversing a lot of brilliant development, and David Carmo, a player I picked out pre-season, but never kicked on and his PPA is melting, which is a real shame as CB is probably the easiest place in the squad to make an attempt at winning a squad spot(still a chance, but he doesn't look as bright as he once did). Also, a terrible 2.6m, 40kpw budget for next season. As much my own fault, but with Melegoni's mandatory 4.4m deal(I really expected 10-20m..... bloody hell) going to blow my budget out of the water July 1st, I have to make my moves, and make them bloody quickly, but I've been working on that all spring long, I think we'll be ok.

4627860613bfbce6038758f5d83ff7b4.pngc968df5952b621405cf8909d6c2f0c2c.png

1 minute ago, oriole01 said:

Both feet went off the ground :eek::eek::eek:

Congrats on the title, by the way. Great way to win it as well.

It's one of the best goals I've ever seen in any FM!

Cheers!

Great season!!

League title first year

European run

And what a hit from xadas like I said in my side he’s been outstanding in his first 5 games! I’ve been using him as a advanced playmaker on the right cutting inside and making all sorts of problems. 

4 hours ago, Sheriff7 said:

Wtf mate already in EL semis??!! They are too good for you.. :lol:

To be fair, I didn't have a terribly difficult run before Madrid, Salzburg, Zenit, Lyon. Good teams, but ones we could go up against.

6 minutes ago, SixPointer said:

Great season!!

League title first year

European run

And what a hit from xadas like I said in my side he’s been outstanding in his first 5 games! I’ve been using him as a advanced playmaker on the right cutting inside and making all sorts of problems. 

Cheers!

Xadas I played on the wing a few times, he's great out there too, but I have so many good wide players(and another on the way), that's he more useful to me at MC.

3 minutes ago, Benjoe said:

WHAT A BOUTER THAT GOAL WAS

And congrats on that season man!

You should really jump over to @noikeee's and Braga about this league win. 

:lol::applause:

Of course you were always going to win a league title on the first season with Braga. Easy eh? :D 

Xadas is a legit good prospect but I feel a little overrated in FM. The enormous 3rd party clauses are because Braga are essentially deep into bed with Jorge Mendes, as part of his network of clubs together with Rio Ave, Benfica, Monaco, Wolves, Atlético. Braga gets lots of talents and in return Jorge Mendes gets lots of money. ;) 

Next season I want to see you break past the CL group stage and win a cup or two.  :thup:

8 minutes ago, noikeee said:

Of course you were always going to win a league title on the first season with Braga. Easy eh? :D 

Xadas is a legit good prospect but I feel a little overrated in FM. The enormous 3rd party clauses are because Braga are essentially deep into bed with Jorge Mendes, as part of his network of clubs together with Rio Ave, Benfica, Monaco, Wolves, Atlético. Braga gets lots of talents and in return Jorge Mendes gets lots of money. ;) 

Next season I want to see you break past the CL group stage and win a cup or two.  :thup:

I had a feeling it was Mendes. :lol:

I'll do what I can in Europe, but finances are diabolical(mostly my fault, to be fair).

1 minute ago, Fer Fuchs Ake said:

Congratulations on the league win!  I actually wouldn't even be surprised to see a Champions League win next season.

Cheers!

I promised the board we'd make the first knockout round, I'd be happy with that.

1 hour ago, Benjoe said:

Impressed -- you contained yourself from signing 22!!!

These are just the ones that joined on the first of July...

There's another 16 set up over the next two years...

I've also got a bid in for a newgen at RKC.

1 hour ago, zlatanera said:

That goal from Xadas...I've had him a couple of saves, he's a weapon at that range, almost makes me want to take him off corners. 

Some seriously impressive achievements! 

I kinda want him as a AMC because of it, but he's doing great in MC.

Cheers!

8 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

These are just the ones that joined on the first of July...

There's another 16 set up over the next two years...

I've also got a bid in for a newgen at RKC.

Image result for rehab gif

Image result for rehab gif

3 hours ago, john1 said:

Not surprised you won the league already :D  Amazing you signed 22 players?! :D :eek: 

A lot of them are very cheap and/or free kids, I don't mind especially in Portugal where clubs outside of the top few will basically sell you players for 10-50k, so there's no risk involved.

Also with four full squads to fill out overall(Senior, B, U-19, U-18), you could easily get away with 70(give or take) players outside of your first team squad.

On 06/06/2018 at 06:53, BoxToBox said:

I'm past 30 now. :lol:

EDIT: Also, in a small bit of trouble where I may need a new CB....

with THAT many signings??? Are you just buying kids directly from the hospital after they're born so you can't use them at CB?

Just now, hasdgfas said:

with THAT many signings??? Are you just buying kids directly from the hospital after they're born so you can't use them at CB?

Late in the window one of my starting CB's threw a tantrum because I didn't accept a deal at half his value to sell him to Santos.

Archived