[FM18] E22 - England to Level 22

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right....might be on to something...

It seems like the problem was the promotions from the Middlesex County Football League Division Two into the 2 regional Middlesex Division Ones, so I have removed Division Two and the Combination at Level 14 until I can find a way of making it work

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Howie8217:

it has to be the FM17 file coz coz the match enjin has changed I think it’s changed the code plus thy did say thy had to re rite the code

This has nothing to do with match engine changes. I'm running some FM17 files without any problems. This is a complex and big file with tons of leagues and cups, to nail down a crash is difficult. But the coders could do it when he uploads crash dumps.

More than likely I'm going to have to start from scratch but another forum member is letting me use his Level 10 file as a starter which is brilliant. Going to spend a couple of days away from the editor, put in so many hours recently so feeling a bit drained. It's weird how it worked at Level 11 but then it didn't with more leagues added. 

vor 1 Minute schrieb thekloppster:

good point that Howie are you crash dumping because possibly leagues or cups haven't finished by season update day maybe if it was moved to a later date you never know

Small chance for that, because if leagues do not finish it would have not being verified in the editor.

Hi Dan, I think we may have another issue here, and that would affect very much any long term save. I've got ONLY English Leagues playable, down to level 10 (with the other file available on this Forum), database large with added UK-resident players. At the beginning of the game (june 2017) I've got 34.000 players, then I holidayed the save to check if the file runs properly, and noticed that in October 2019 the players are 60.000...of course this makes the game super-slow...how come it is possible? re-gen flooding? what's the issue? in just 2 seasons? I can't imagine what can happen as the things go on... I hope it's a one-shot increase, maybe after the first season, maybe Kubi who reads this thread could say something more

12 minutes ago, jam jameson said:

Hi Dan, I think we may have another issue here, and that would affect very much any long term save. I've got ONLY English Leagues playable, down to level 10 (with the other file available on this Forum), database large with added UK-resident players. At the beginning of the game (june 2017) I've got 34.000 players, then I holidayed the save to check if the file runs properly, and noticed that in October 2019 the players are 60.000...of course this makes the game super-slow...how come it is possible? re-gen flooding? what's the issue? in just 2 seasons? I can't imagine what can happen as the things go on... I hope it's a one-shot increase, maybe after the first season, maybe Kubi who reads this thread could say something more

I think your suggestion is correct. Did you tick the 'add players to playable teams' button? If you don't, you may find that your team is full of greyed out players when you begin. If you tick it, it'll give you enough players to pick a matchday squad - maybe 18 or so, but you'll have no reserve/youth players. Of course, around March time, you'll get an influx of youth players. The increase you saw in two seasons feels about right to me. It may increase a little more still, but shouldn't go too much higher, I'd think.

14 minutes ago, jam jameson said:

I would say that if the teams down to level 10 don't have full squads, when you get the first youth intakes around march 2018, it will bump up the numbers.  Did you ticking the add players option on the game startup??

4 hours ago, jam jameson said:

Did you have the option to fill the teams with players that don't have them? I can't remember the exact wording but if any teams (London Bari for sure) that don't have any players have a squad of those greyed out players, if the option is ticked then the game fills these teams with regens of varying ages, maybe that's what happened and as such the player pool number has doubled.

3 minutes ago, Dan BHTFC said:

I think I'm going to have to start from scratch with this file, it's going to take me a couple of months I reckon to get it where it currently is, at least I have all the team info to go buy to add it.

It's a shame, but it is also a danger with an evolving game like this. 

Good luck with the rebuild.  I look forwards to it when you get it up and running 

6 ore fa, bigmattb28 ha scritto:

Did you have the option to fill the teams with players that don't have them? I can't remember the exact wording but if any teams (London Bari for sure) that don't have any players have a squad of those greyed out players, if the option is ticked then the game fills these teams with regens of varying ages, maybe that's what happened and as such the player pool number has doubled.

Yeah I think you are right, that should explain the issue. To be sure i’ve Checked even in fm17 and the players’ count is the same, when adding league and thicking the ‘add players’ box the number of players doubles

1 hour ago, jam jameson said:

Yeah I think you are right, that should explain the issue. To be sure i’ve Checked even in fm17 and the players’ count is the same, when adding league and thicking the ‘add players’ box the number of players doubles

it does, and the longer you play the bigger the number will get. Can't do much about it, except to remove the lower leagues you've already cleared on your way up to keep it as clean as you can.

Right, the problem seems to be with the editor. There are some leagues which promote into 2 different leagues so I have to put the Level it promotes into, the game does not like this. It's never happened to me before on past editions

4 hours ago, Dan BHTFC said:

Right, the problem seems to be with the editor. There are some leagues which promote into 2 different leagues so I have to put the Level it promotes into, the game does not like this. It's never happened to me before on past editions

oooooh

how easy to fix is it then?

Anyone know what level the North Riding (formerly Teeside) League is? I think it's level 11. That's the local league in my area, local team being Whinney Banks YCC :D Would be cool as hell to see/play them in FM. 

Just thinking out loud. If you do what you need to do could you just verify it in basic rule then play on holiday mode see if it works that way? It will s very strange the way it playing up iv dun many custom leagues all ok be for. I remember on this one with your database some of the leagues didn’t change when I tried to adjust them. Got a feeling the editor has a bug maybe that why it’s jot working if if if it dose and we report it to SI how long is it u know befor thy address the problem 

7 ore fa, Dan BHTFC ha scritto:

bugs, bugs, bugs, Always bugs this year, what a disappointment...

Archived