[FM18] E22 - England to Level 22

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Narrowing it down, in Advanced Rules it's saying there are too many clubs in Level 11 by 1 so I've removed all levels below 10 and then running a rules test, if that works out I'll run a test save on Level 10 database and if that works out I'll add Level 11 again then once again test. This is why I never set a date for release haha

Just now, Dan BHTFC said:

Narrowing it down, in Advanced Rules it's saying there are too many clubs in Level 11 by 1 so I've removed all levels below 10 and then running a rules test, if that works out I'll run a test save on Level 10 database and if that works out I'll add Level 11 again then once again test. This is why I never set a date for release haha

Yeah best way really! No point in releasing it and getting 100s of messages about crashes etc.

Might have to do the tedious task of working level by level testing and saving at each point until it all works.

3 minutes ago, Dan BHTFC said:

UPDATE: I'm having to add in every Level and every League from 11 down, might take me a few days but at the moment Level 11 is working!

Take you time fella. 

1 hour ago, Dan BHTFC said:

Also found out something strange about this editor. Every time I verify in the Advanced Editor the reserve teams reputation goes up considerably 

Are the reserve teams' reputations related to the reputation of the parent clubs?  Or does the increase seem independent of that?

I just went back and loaded FM17 with Dan's FM17 L22 database and, using the IGE, I checked the reps of the teams in Mid Sussex Div 9.  All but two of those are reserves teams.  Right after starting a new game, the IGE shows they all have elevated reps that match the parent club.  The pre-game editor shows all their reps as 1 or 2.

Either they fixed a bug in the pre-game editor to show the corrected reps of the reserves teams or this has propagated from previous versions and the pre-game editor is now bugged as well.

I don't think it was a visible issue in last year's iteration.  But that could be because when you had a team with minuscule rep you got a +200 boost the first time you got promoted, but if you were relegated you got your rep boosted to ~700.  Those were the teams that tended to dominate the divisions in the very low levels of the pyramid.  I don't know if that weird rep progression is still present in this year's version.

10 minutes ago, KUBI said:

@Dan BHTFC

When you run a test could you check how some of the reserves clubs do perform? It could be that reserve teams don't need a separate reputation anymore. If the performance is realistic I would not worry about it.

All Reserve teams were top of division 

vor 1 Minute schrieb Dan BHTFC:

OK, that's something for the bugs forum. Alternative solution for the moment is not to verify the file and just test it in-game.

3 minutes ago, Dan BHTFC said:

Do the reserve teams get a rep boost for winning the division or are they still tied to their parent clubs?  I wonder if you simulated 3-4 seasons if that issue would disappear.

3 hours ago, jwchriste said:

I just went back and loaded FM17 with Dan's FM17 L22 database and, using the IGE, I checked the reps of the teams in Mid Sussex Div 9.  All but two of those are reserves teams.  Right after starting a new game, the IGE shows they all have elevated reps that match the parent club.  The pre-game editor shows all their reps as 1 or 2.

Either they fixed a bug in the pre-game editor to show the corrected reps of the reserves teams or this has propagated from previous versions and the pre-game editor is now bugged as well.

Looking at this further - I'm not sure that the IGE differentiates between the reserve teams and their parent clubs. It also shows finances, etc. that appear to be for the parent club.  I don't know if the game actually has a different rep hidden somewhere for the reserve teams or not (at least in FM17). 

I missed that it does show "Second Team Reputation" which is lower than the parent team, but higher than what was in the pre-game editor.  Not sure how that relates when there are multiple reserve teams such as a B team, C team, etc.

I checked this with the German league in my file (Regionalliga activated).

In the ingame editor the clubs have a "second team reputation", which is lower as the first team.  (Usually about 50%)

2 ore fa, jwchriste ha scritto:

I don't think it was a visible issue in last year's iteration.  But that could be because when you had a team with minuscule rep you got a +200 boost the first time you got promoted, but if you were relegated you got your rep boosted to ~700.  Those were the teams that tended to dominate the divisions in the very low levels of the pyramid.  I don't know if that weird rep progression is still present in this year's version.

I think that this year that issue is not present, I’ve just tested a level 10 file and Got promoted to level 9, the rep went from 750 to 753...

Just now, jam jameson said:

I think that this year that issue is not present, I’ve just tested a level 10 file and Got promoted to level 9, the rep went from 750 to 753...

It may only affect teams with much lower rep, like when you start in L22 in Dan's file.  I edited the rep of one of those teams last year to something like 500 to start and I also did not see the boost.  But when I played with his stock file and my rep was "2" I did see it.  It's almost like the game tries to normalize the rep to a certain minimum value this way.

1 hour ago, KUBI said:

I checked this with the German league in my file (Regionalliga activated).

In the ingame editor the clubs have a "second team reputation", which is lower as the first team.  (Usually about 50%)

Is the "second team reputation" exactly 40% of the first team's rep?  I downloaded a L10 database for FM18 just to check it out and they created many reserve teams to fill out the L10 divisions and it looks like they set all their reps to 50 in the editor.  The IGE shows the second team rep to be exactly 40% of the first team's rep in all cases I've checked which is significantly higher than 50.

Don’t mean to repeat the question. But dose it matter bout the rep? If the file works fine then why just make do I ain’t fussed bout the rep thing. With all do respect I just wanna play the game, longs the rep don’t go world class I don’t see the problem 

2 hours ago, Howie8217 said:

Don’t mean to repeat the question. But dose it matter bout the rep? If the file works fine then why just make do I ain’t fussed bout the rep thing. With all do respect I just wanna play the game, longs the rep don’t go world class I don’t see the problem 

Yes it matters a lot because it makes promotion/relegations re the leagues you aren't in very boring.

Last year I had to spend hours every pre-season manually adjusting reps in every league under tier 6. As others have mentioned, in a separate (8-level) edit I'm not finding that happen - mind you there aren't any reserve sides in that file. I only used Dan's file last year - does anyone know if this bug plagued others in FM17?

18 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

Yes it matters a lot because it makes promotion/relegations re the leagues you aren't in very boring.

Last year I had to spend hours every pre-season manually adjusting reps in every league under tier 6. As others have mentioned, in a separate (8-level) edit I'm not finding that happen - mind you there aren't any reserve sides in that file. I only used Dan's file last year - does anyone know if this bug plagued others in FM17?

So I just opened one of Dan's FM17 files, changed to Advanced Rules and verified all levels and it changed the reps of the reserve teams to 40% of the parent clubs' values!  This is new.  I had one of his databases that I had to convert to advanced rules to remove Brexit.  It was successfully verified and the reserve teams' rep did not change back then (a few months ago).  Weird.

7 hours ago, KUBI said:

OK, that's something for the bugs forum. Alternative solution for the moment is not to verify the file and just test it in-game.

I don't think that alternative solution works.  On the screen where you select which leagues are playable, the drop-down for England was grayed out and blank.  It let you continue, but seems to stick you with the default league options of Premier - League 2.

There is alternative. Two 1. Get rid off the reserve teams or the ones causing the issue and add othe English team as there is a lot in the lower league that not in a league.

2. Do same but add Welsh non league teams ( that what I do as I’m welsh I put low rating teams in, usuall round from were I live.

othere than the rep dose the file work past the first season?

1 hour ago, Howie8217 said:

There is alternative. Two 1. Get rid off the reserve teams or the ones causing the issue and add othe English team as there is a lot in the lower league that not in a league.

2. Do same but add Welsh non league teams ( that what I do as I’m welsh I put low rating teams in, usuall round from were I live.

othere than the rep dose the file work past the first season?

Dan's file is as realistic as possible and his reputation is based upon that.

He is not going to do a half-arsed job or release a Sangre Blu style hash job. 

So you will have to wait like the rest of us while the issue is investigated and fixed. 

1 hour ago, Pompeyboyz said:

He is not going to do a half-arsed job or release a Sangre Blu style hash job. 

THIS!! Made me laugh pal! Sangue Blu's files are terrible!

But back on topic, Dan's files are as close the real life as possible and as such I'm sure he takes pride in making them so, he won't start chopping and changing teams here and there just to get a 'working' file.

1 hour ago, Howie8217 said:

There are a few welknown (reform teams) in England lower league. Just a solution if the rep problem could not be fixed 

Again this won't be realistic though, stop trying to hurry this along as Dan will take whatever time he needs to get it right!

2 hours ago, bigmattb28 said:

THIS!! Made me laugh pal! Sangue Blu's files are terrible!

But back on topic, Dan's files are as close the real life as possible and as such I'm sure he takes pride in making them so, he won't start chopping and changing teams here and there just to get a 'working' file.

Just out of curiosity. Why Sangue Blu's files are terrible?

Gerade eben schrieb grade:

Just out of curiosity. Why Sangue Blu's files are terrible?

He is just filling up every league with all available clubs in a nation by adding various tiers.

1 hour ago, KUBI said:

He is just filling up every league with all available clubs in a nation by adding various tiers.

When i tested his leagues, a felt that way.

I thought the idea of using the top 6 tiers of the english league, was nice, for all leagues around the world. But what turn me off, is that teams in the lower leagues seemed to be mashed together randomly.

Sorry Dan for the little detour.

Archived