FM17: Into the Wild

Rikulec

a7qND2X.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - April 2018 - FC United of Manchester

National League North

IRNzv1E.png

hoGUKjg.png

Oh, look, we didn't draw any game this month! I have no idea what happened in the Harrogate game, luckily we made up for it in the other ones. We're officially crowned champions!

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a7qND2X.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Season Review - 2017/18 - FC United of Manchester

National League North

Results (Aug-Jan) - Results (Feb-Apr)

Competition Performance: Winners

Well, we did it. 2018 wasn't as good for us as the second half of 2017 was, but in the end it mattered very little. A particular highlight - certainly the 23-game unbeaten run. We were generally very strong at the back (with just a few exceptions). Combined with that, the quality of our front men was enough to produce victories. 23 victories, to be exact. Has to be some magical number or something. Yes, I've seen that movie.

FA Cup

Competition Performance: Second Qualifying Round

I just want the media to forget about it as soon as possible.

FA Trophy

Competition Performance: First Round

Should have done better.

Squad

I'm happy with the shape of the squad. We have a fantastic strike force, a strong and diverse midfield, a solid back line and a very good goalkeeper. Can't really ask for more.

Transfers - Finances

Transfer dealings have to be my favourite part of FM. We brought in some great players, especially the Gibraltar international Jayce Olivero. A wonderful transfer window played a huge part in our promotion bid.

I have no idea why, but we received no season ticket money this season. Not that it stopped us from making profit, but it sure was weird. No facilities upgrade this summer, probably.

Player of the Season

1st - Jason Gilchrist & Ben Hirst - you guys will have to forgive me, but it's impossible to separate these two and pick just one. Let the numbers speak for themselves. 44 goals and 17 assists between them, our attacking partnership was unstoppable this season. These guys were sensational. Perfect proof that two-striker systems aren't a thing of the past just yet.

2nd - Jayce Olivero - I love this guy. Despite low stamina, he performed his duties as an attacking wingback wonderfully, contributing to our attacking play with twelve assists and also some key passes, bombing forward and forcing the defenders to concentrate on him before laying the ball off to one of the midfielders. A key player by all means.

3rd - Sam Sheridan - an honourable mention to our most hardworking midfielder. Without him we surely wouldn't have dominated games like we sometimes did. Oh, and he's also scored one of the best goals I've seen on this FM for us this season. He deserves this place.

Next Season

I've already mentioned that - I'm attracting interest from Polish Ekstraklasa clubs, as well as League One. Even though I like FC United and appreciate how well organised this club is, I'm not signing a new contract. I'm leaving.

06lYPUR.png

It's June and my contract hasn't run out yet, but I've received my first offer... and it's an exciting one. Cracovia have just been relegated from Ekstraklasa, finishing dead last in the league. What is important for me is that there's a strong bond between Cracovia and Lech fans (Arka fans complete the Triada, just for the record). I'd love to manage them, this club certainly should be in the top tier for its history alone.

TCx6G8y.png

oK9NYyy.png

Two big offers, but after some thought I decided to reject them both. After The Frozen Throne I simply don't want to go to Scandinavia again just yet. In other news, I completed my Continental C Licence, which boosted my reputation further to 35%.

Just now, Adonalsium said:

The Scandis have your history thoroughly scouted out, it seems. They want the return of their ogre-faced manager, whose mere appearance on the sidelines could shake the opposing team into submission.

Somebody should tell them he's not around anymore. :lol: But yeah, they definitely know something!

1 hour ago, Adonalsium said:

Hungary seems very interesting.

As a Polish guy I'd love to manage there for obvious reasons.

1 hour ago, Keano16 said:

Good luck in your next job. Hungary would be interesting, haven't read about a save in Hungary yet.

There certainly was one guy who had a Honved save last year, can't remember who it was though. Maybe he'll pop in here and raise his hand.

A7VukT6.png

For everyone's convenience, the spam stops here. From now on I'll just start collecting all the interview offers I'll have received once I finally find a new club. You'll have a chance to guess, maybe we'll host some competition. Who knows.

34 minutes ago, Lenzar said:

Perhaps you were too quick to leave FC United. :(

Could be, but when you look at who's inviting me to these interviews, all these clubs are WAY above FC United in terms of size and reputation. This shouldn't be happening in the first place. For now, I can just wait.

16 hours ago, Keano16 said:

I'm gonna go with Zulte Waregem.

16 hours ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

I'm going with either Trencin or Dnipro.

7 hours ago, Mr_Demus said:

Orleans and St. Pölten interviewed you.

You chose St. Pölten

7 hours ago, RyanBrown said:

FC Dnipro, purely because the Chairman can double up as a Santa Claus.

37wxSq3.png

PxXf8TY.png

And the winner is...

rAKD2CR.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - New Club - FK AS Trenčín

PT8P8KQ.png

Nine games to go, we sit 4th in the league with the same number of points as the 3rd team but with the worse head-to-head record. Europe is my aim.

Club Name: FK AS Trenčín
Nickname: -
Year Founded: 1992
Stadium: Na Sihoti (3,500 all-seater)

SAX1THH.png

Trenčín is a relatively young club and a very young force in Slovakian football, having won their first league title in 2015. Youth is the main focus here as they have links to Ajax. A lot of long-term plans have been laid out for this club in the past couple of years. The more I write about this, the more excited I get about the project.

IOzgB9c.png

A two-year deal and a good wage offer me some time to get settled. Oh, and the March international break has just started, which gives me two weeks to prepare for my league debut against second-placed Spartak Trnava.

Well done, @Makoto Nakamura!

16 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

Oooh...excellent choice. Trencin should be an excellent club to push on with. Glad I finally caught up in here :D

Glad I'm not the only one who's excited about the club. :D Cheers mate.

2 hours ago, noikeee said:

Ha, Slovakia. That brings memories... FM16 memories... shudder. Good luck in toppling Zilina, they seem to be like 10 times bigger than any other club in the league.

Thanks for the comment. :thup: As for Zilina, this doesn't seem to be the case as they're somewhere around mid-table, nowhere near challenging for Europe, let alone the title. It's Slovan who are the holders as well as the leaders at the moment.

1 hour ago, oakesypvfc said:

Just caught up with this, gutted you left FC United, would have liked to see you take them a bit further, you had a good run going.

Good luck in Slovakia though!

I could have stayed, true, but with the sudden rise of my reputation I felt I could jump a few levels, which I believe has eventually happened. Cheers mate. :thup:

As usual, I was home for the weekend and couldn't play FM. I'll try to post an update later today.

rAKD2CR.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - April 2019 - FK AS Trenčín

Fortuna Liga

2T27R79.png

Z2p0y9l.png

An okay-ish start to my Slovakian adventure. For this club I decided to go for a 4-3-3 (or a 4-1-2-2-1, however you wish to call it). In all fairness, we seem to have enough quality to win the league with some better luck next season. Poor substitutions I made combined with a red card caused us to bottle a two-goal lead against Nitra, and Slovan beat us thanks to an early goal from Tamás Priskin and - more importantly - our inability to convert chances. Top two is out of the question now, we have to concentrate on defending the last European spot.

rAKD2CR.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - May 2019 - FK AS Trenčín

Fortuna Liga

Y5QdlOI.png

W1O1kYi.png

Another okay month leaves us exactly where we wanted to finish with a comfortable 5 point advantage. The interesting points? Coming back from 0:2 down at Senica to lead 3:2 to end up conceding on a break, two wonderful long-rangers scored against us by Žilina and Myjava, and, most importantly, Sander de Vries becoming our youngest ever goalscorer at 16 years and 232 days. And boy, he didn't stop there - he came off the bench to help us come back from 0:2 down at half time to beat Banská Bystrica with a spectacular hat-trick. He's not an Ajax loanee, he's our player. He could become special.

rAKD2CR.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Season Review - 2018/19 - FK AS Trenčín

Fortuna Liga

Results (red line marks my arrival)

Competition Performance: 3rd

I couldn't really do much here. 18 points from 9 games is a decent return, but I believe we could need a little bit more than that to challenge for the title next season. We're in Europe and that's the most important thing for now.

Slovnaft Cup

Competition Performance: Third Round

My predecessor didn't do a particularly good job here.

Europa League

Competition Performance: First Qualifying Round

Knocked out in the first qualifying round by a team from Luxembourg. Jesus.

Squad

That's a very, very solid base to build on. We have some great talent in the side - Gajdos and de Vries standing out - and players who are already good surrounding them. The transfer window is going to be tweaking rather than a revolution.

Transfers - Finances

Nothing to talk about in terms of transfers, I made no business yet.

We're bleeding money. We need a good run in Europe and we need it desperately.

Player of the Season

1st - Reuben Gabriel - funnily enough, at the moment our three best players are all Nigerians. Gabriel is a rock in midfield, simply not letting anyone pass and often launching dangerous counter attacks after his tackles and interceptions. I simply love having players of this type at my disposal.

2nd - Kanu - if anyone remembers Djibril Traoré from The Frozen Throne, you'll know what you're looking at. Kanu is an assist machine in the making, and my mission will be to create my tactic so that he can produce as many of them as possible next season. Bags of potential for this guy, he only needs to be used properly.

3rd - Uche Nwofor - the goalscorer. His bravery is outstanding, I believe he could net a couple of goals more every season just because of that. With 14 goals to his name he fell just one short of the top goalscorer award in the league. We're going to make sure he gets there next season.

Next Season

Challenge for the title, get as far as possible in the Europa League.

rAKD2CR.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Season Preview - 2019/20 - FK AS Trenčín

Board Expectations:

Fortuna Liga: Win it
Slovnaft Cup: Not important
Europa League: Third Qualifying Round

My Expectations:

Fortuna Liga: As I said, I want to challenge for the title.
Slovnaft Cup: It would be nice to win it while I'm here.
Europa League: A lot depends on who we draw, but I'd like to meet the board's expectations at the very least.

Budgets:

Transfer: £173,423
Wage: £20,849 (currently spending £17,392)
Balance: £567,295

rAKD2CR.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Pre-Season - 2019/20 - FK AS Trenčín

Friendlies

EoSyJmC.png

Just a single friendly in a ridiculously short pre-season.

Transfers

6HL2y6f.png

A lot of outgoings and only one player in... so far. We still need a centre back and ideally an attack-minded central midfielder.

Peter Maslo - an exciting capture. This 18-year-old will come in for Nwofor when necessary, we'll see what he develops into.

On 12/03/2017 at 17:51, Rikulec said:

Thanks for the comment. :thup: As for Zilina, this doesn't seem to be the case as they're somewhere around mid-table, nowhere near challenging for Europe, let alone the title. It's Slovan who are the holders as well as the leaders at the moment.

Woah, I'm staggered to find out they're that bad in your game world. In my career then they won like 20 titles in a row. :lol:

rAKD2CR.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - July 2019 - FK AS Trenčín

Fortuna Liga

f5gfUgb.png

NbSGIEd.png

An unbeaten start, but it really should have been two wins. We hammered Dunajska Streda, but they scored two goals from their two counter attacks and we couldn't finish our moves. The biggest surprise has to be Slovan's position - long it may continue!

Europa League

WeYFzeD.png

Ooft, that was close. We eased past Cliftonville... and then collapsed away at Celje, again miserably failing to take our chances and falling to the only ones the opposition could produce. Luckily we turned things around at home and we did it in good style. We've now met the board's expectations, and are no longer seeded.

Austria Wien up next, we play the first leg at home.

Transfers

Mees de Wit - one of our two Ajax loanees. He's okay, he should do the job, and he should start in a majority of games on the left wing.

Gino Dekker - here's an exciting one. Ajax come to help us again, and this guy could tear this league apart with the right tactic and the right support from his teammates.

El Mehdi Mrabet - one for the future, and I took a gamble here as I couldn't see any of his attributes. We only paid £11,25K though, so no big deal.

Martin Baran - coming in for £40K from Podbeskidzie, he brings in some much needed quality and experience to the centre back position.

2 hours ago, noikeee said:

The Ajax kids and the Moroccan DM look quality. Not sure how you're gonna fit in de Wit and Dekker together though, both seem like best suited to classic wingers on the left.

I have Dekker playing as the most attack-minded in a midfield trio and de Wit on the wing. Seems to be working fine. I haven't tried Dekker out wide yet though, I may do it at some point depending on the circumstances.

rAKD2CR.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - August 2019 - FK AS Trenčín

Fortuna Liga

WAhRgzR.png

LwzhN37.png

Win our game in hand and we'll be top. A good month all in all. We started with two important wins, then things started to get frustrating - first we got reduced to 10 men after Reuben Gabriel's red card against Trnava and failed to hold onto a lead we grabbed afterwards, and then we couldn't score against Podbrezova as we had to rest players ahead of a big, big Europa League games. Still, things are under control.

Europa League

9G6bLZM.png

My word. I don't even know where to start. We were 3:0 up at half time in the first leg of the Austria Wien game, and then collapsed to eventually see them equalise from a corner in injury times. Then we produced 15 minutes of the best football I've ever seen on this game - and I mean it literally - looking as if we were going to wipe them off the surface of the earth. And then, guess what - they got one before the break and two more in the second half. Luckily Gino Dekker stepped up to send us through with a sensational 25-yarder in extra time. And then Legia, the fiercest rival of my favourite team Lech Poznań. Do I have to say how big it was? As you can see, we got off to a dream start once again. Then Legia pulled one back, then we made it 3:1... then we collapsed once again. In the return leg we found ourselves 2:0 down, but fought back to equalise before the break. We threw bodies forward towards the end, and in the 81st minute disastrous news came - Mees de Wit was stretchered off the pitch and we had no one to replace him with. We tried our best, but ended up losing after another corner in the 90th minute. We might have crashed out, but man, oh man, what a rollercoaster it has been. We're coming back stronger next year, that's for sure.

Archived