FM17: Into the Wild

Rikulec

3 minutes ago, Rikulec said:

We have VVV (A), De Graafschap (A) and Twente (H).
Vitesse have ADO Den Haag (A), Twente (A) and De Graafschap (H).
Feyenoord have Willem II (H), AZ (A) and PSV (A).

As for the 100th game in charge, we accomplished a rare feet of conceding three goals from two shots on target. I guess it's something. Probably a bit more frequent in Zanzibar than the Eredivisie though.

At first I thought that Feyenoord had the toughest last 3 with PSV and AZ, but then I realized they are doing poorly. I recon you got the most favorable run-in compared to Vitesse and Feyenoord but it's close and impossible to say.

Subtle insult at the Zanzibari league and team, eh? But yeah to some extent you're right. Teams are usually so rubbish that they give up loads of chances, and poor keepers will concede more than they'll save (also down to the fact of the sheer quantity of one-on-ones with strikers - LOADS), but the strikers are poor too and doesn't always hit the target and it's tough to create chances when you misplace most passes.. It happened a lot while I was with Okapi though... :lol:

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Benjoe said:

At first I thought that Feyenoord had the toughest last 3 with PSV and AZ, but then I realized they are doing poorly. I recon you got the most favorable run-in compared to Vitesse and Feyenoord but it's close and impossible to say.

Subtle insult at the Zanzibari league and team, eh? But yeah to some extent you're right. Teams are usually so rubbish that they give up loads of chances, and poor keepers will concede more than they'll save (also down to the fact of the sheer quantity of one-on-ones with strikers - LOADS), but the strikers are poor too and doesn't always hit the target and it's tough to create chances when you misplace most passes.. It happened a lot while I was with Okapi though... :lol:

Not an insult. I just remembered a couple of gifs from your thread and... you know. :lol: The league sounds really fun to manage in... in a twisted, masochistic way, that is.

Yem8SZp.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - May 2025 - AFC Ajax

Eredivisie

3qf8xxl.png

gALqiCi.png

About ****ing time, lads. We clinched the title with a game to spare and decided to give some of our less developed youth a chance against Twente. As you can see, it was a fun ride.

That's the way to finish off the season! Pop the corks man!

5 minutes ago, Rikulec said:

Not an insult. I just remembered a couple of gifs from your thread and... you know. :lol: The league sounds really fun to manage in... in a twisted, masochistic way, that is.

This is so very true. :lol: 

Yem8SZp.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Season Review - 2024/25 - AFC Ajax

Eredivisie

Results

Competition Performance: Winners

How do I judge a season where we first go 18-2-1 only to win just five more games afterwards, drawing four and losing four? If we had maintained our amazing form, we could have broken some long-standing league records. In the end we got what we wanted, but there's definitely room for improvement here.

Champions League

Competition Performance: First Knockout Round

We blew a great chance to top the group and were punished with one of the worst possible draws. There was no chance of progressing further.

Johan Cruijff Schaal

Competition Peformance: Winners

I hope this is going to become our yearly tradition.

Squad

Better and younger than last year. A few players want to leave though - I can sense an overhaul incoming.

Transfers - Finances

This has to be the best thing in the game. Big net profit once again, and we still managed to bring in some wonderful players such as Fabiano and van Gerwen. I'm excited about the upcoming window.

We managed to avoid splashing out £40M on the stadium expansion, but it's probably going to happen this summer. Thankfully this time we're ready for it.

Player of the Season

1st - Almir - the Brazilian starlet has really lived up to his hype this season. It's so easy for him to dribble past players that he's a real joy to watch. 14 goals to his name are not too shabby as well, and he surely does have that element of magic. I don't think we're holding onto him though - he won't renegotiate his £27M release clause, and with Real Madrid sniffing around it can only mean one thing.

2nd - Luis Gómez - another reason for me to get pissed about release clauses. Gómez has made a massive leap this season, jumping from a hot prospect to a key player - just look at his attributes. If only he didn't have a dumbass agent who convinced him that he should leave the club...

3rd - Pieter Malaihollo - finally we have an academy product make this list, and doing it at the age of 19 can only mean one thing - this guy is something special. A great defender already, and with the heaps of potential he has he's only going to get better. A possible club legend in the making.

Next Season

We have a crucial transfer window incoming, with some important players urging to activate their release clauses. I feel we might be on the verge of a huge step up, but we have to play our cards right.

70 million! I've never seen that amount before in FM for an expansion.

As for Almir, what a physical specimen. Lifts the heaviest, sprints the fastest, and never gets tired after morning jogs.

13 minutes ago, kidthekid said:

70 million! I've never seen that amount before in FM for an expansion.

As for Almir, what a physical specimen. Lifts the heaviest, sprints the fastest, and never gets tired after morning jogs.

It seems like crazy money. Hell, it is crazy money. It's probably going to pay off though... at some point.

And yes, Almir is great, but I can already tell you he's going to be great for someone else next season. And I'm not even worried about this.

Yem8SZp.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Season Preview - 2025/26 - AFC Ajax

Board Expectations:

Eredivisie: Win it
Champions League: Group Stage
Johan Cruijff Schaal: Not important

My Expectations:

Eredivisie: Win it.
Champions League: I'm not ruling anything out. We'll just see what happens.
Johan Cruijff Schaal: Win it.

Budgets:

Transfer: £60,728,183
Wage: £812,855 (currently spending £446,005)
Balance: £82,729,104

Yem8SZp.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Pre-Season - 2025/26 - AFC Ajax

Friendlies

7lGCpf6.png

A spectacular pre-season sees us put two European superpowers to sword. A sign for things to come? Possibly.

Transfers

ew7kUVB.png

I shouldn't have doubted myself. We ended up making a £30M profit.

Sander de Vries - sounds familiar? Damn right it does. I reunite with a former Trenčín player who is now presented with the task of replacing Almir.

Stepan Vesely - I might have overestimated him a little bit, but he'll be given a chance anyway.

Steven Wagenaar - here's where things get interesting. We've bought a sensational wonderkid midfielder, and he's not even the most exciting pick of the bunch.

Uğur Ceylan - I'll just leave the link for you to click the screenshot and see for yourself. I say he was a bargain.

Godfrey Ngcamu - he has a lot of potential, and what was there to risk bringing him in for free? He could become great in the future.

Yem8SZp.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - August 2025 - AFC Ajax

Eredivisie

qBAsCcP.png

bcxWvnM.png

Well, this is somewhat underwhelming. We've dropped points twice already, and we haven't exactly looked very convincing. After what we did to Zwolle in the Supercup, this is a letdown.

Johan Cruijff Schaal

fglJU2p.png

One of our best performances to date. Annihilation.

Transfers

Sifiso Khumalo - Gino Ziegler went to Everton for £11M, Sifiso came in for just £1,2M. A good rotation option to have.

I'm sorry to disappoint you guys, but this career will not be continued. It didn't really feel right when I moved to one of the top Slovakian clubs after winning the Vanarama North. What the coaching badges did to my reputation felt just wrong, and I have a kind of fetish for realistic stories. This was not a realistic story. Add to that ragequitting the game when I was starting to go on a horrible run in September, and the save is pretty much dead to me. Once again, I'm sorry. There may or may not be a new thread in the near future. Thanks to everyone for following. Cheers.

Archived