FM17: Into the Wild

Rikulec

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Rikulec said:

qUkPVxX.png

I had no idea I had this many games already. Oh, and it also happens to be the cup final. No pressure then.

Congratulations!

Cheers,
Bitner 

rAKD2CR.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - May 2021 - FK AS Trenčín

Fortuna Liga

GjdvuUl.png

YFjWMeD.png

We clinched the title by beating Nitra. The remaining games were not much more than just exhibition.

Slovnaft Cup

DqYRu2g.png

An easy way to lift another trophy without even sweating it too much. Peter Maslo's goal means that he got the top goalscorer award too.

28 minutes ago, Bitner said:

Exactly. Far too easy. Time to go?

Cheers,
Bitner 

Definitely not. We still need to leave our mark on Europe, and playing every three days will definitely have an impact on our league form. There's still work to do.

rAKD2CR.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Season Review - 2020/21 - FK AS Trenčín

Fortuna Liga

Results

Competition Performance: Winners

It was really as straightforward as it gets. Slovan and Žilina did put up a fight in the first part of the season, but in spring the challenge was non-existent. I hope to maintain this domination as we are going to try to finally get into the European group stages next season. We deserve to be there.

Slovnaft Cup

Competition Performance: Winners

Not much to talk about. It was a stroll.

Champions League

Competition Performance: Third Qualifying Round

Had our strikers been on form against Rosenborg, we would have got through comfortably. It was a very disappointing exit.

Europa League

Competition Performance: Fourth Qualifying Round

Not a very good showing against Crvena Zvezda, but once again, with better finishing we could have done much better.

Squad

I've said this before, but this is a great bunch of players and it's only going to get better. Not only because of the talent we have, but also thanks to the transfers I already have lined up.

Transfers - Finances

We made loads of money in the winter selling players that came through our academy. This is a wonderful club, isn't it? Some of the incomings - especially Kluivert, Odobeanu, and Michalski - were spectacular as well. And Gojak is going to shine next season, believe me.

£5M sitting comfortably in the bank. We're not going to worry about this at any point in the near future.

Player of the Season

1st - Justin Kluivert - 9 goals and 21 assists in the league alone. 12 goals and 22 assists in all competitions together. Let these stats speak for themselves. Justin was a sensation on his second - and probably last - loan spell at the club. He wasn't just the player we needed. He was much more than that.

2nd - Bruno Lopes - toppling another guy by just one goal, our striker managed to snatch the top goalscorer crown with 22 goals to his name. He was absolutely lethal when Kluivert delivered the ball to him in the box, and as you can infer from the stats I've already presented, it happened a lot. His mental stats fit our philosophy brilliantly as well.

3rd - Adrian Odobeanu - the third element of our attack machine also did his job, finishing the league with 9 goals and 8 assists from the left wing. He may not have been as spectacular as the previous two, but he was a vital element of our build-up play, and he gave us some important goals when called upon.

Next Season

Win another double, get into a European competition group stage. We can't settle for anything less than that.

Just now, Rikulec said:

A what? :lol: Oh, trust me, I'll be happy with a group stage appearance at this point.

Where is the ambition?!

I'm kidding of course, but hopefully group stage in either of the continentals and then we'll take it from there. 

Also, is it completely unrealistic to bring Kluivert permanently? How much would they demand? 

Anyways decent cash-flow with lots of outgoing players for fine prices and cheap players incoming. 

Just now, Benjoe said:

Where is the ambition?!

I'm kidding of course, but hopefully group stage in either of the continentals and then we'll take it from there. 

Also, is it completely unrealistic to bring Kluivert permanently? How much would they demand? 

Anyways decent cash-flow with lots of outgoing players for fine prices and cheap players incoming. 

Kluivert is worth £1,2M at the moment - which we probably could pay if we really wanted to - but with a wage of £5K p/w he's not really a realistic target for us. Gojak will replace him next season, and I have faith in him. We'll see what comes out of this.

3 minutes ago, Rikulec said:

Kluivert is worth £1,2M at the moment - which we probably could pay if we really wanted to - but with a wage of £5K p/w he's not really a realistic target for us. Gojak will replace him next season, and I have faith in him. We'll see what comes out of this.

Seems fair then, I couldn't see Kluivert's wage, just his estimated worth, which would of course take a decent dip into your budget.

In Gojak we trust then! 

rAKD2CR.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Season Preview - 2021/22 - FK AS Trenčín

Board Expectations:

Fortuna Liga: Win it
Slovnaft Cup: Not important
Champions League: Third Qualifying Round

My Expectations:

Fortuna Liga: Win it.
Slovnaft Cup: Win it.
Champions League: Group stage, be it the Champions League or the Europa League.

Budgets:

Transfer: £2,710,243
Wage: £40,054 (currently spending £29,722)
Balance: £5,511,752

rAKD2CR.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Pre-Season - 2021/22 - FK AS Trenčín

Friendlies

Zpsq4C8.png

Just two games and two good wins this time round.

Transfers

nPeoiXV.png

Brace yourselves. This is going to be good.

Iulian Cristea - I was excited about him when I signed the contract back in March. Now I'm not even sure whether he'll be a regular starter. And that's not his fault.

Marek Vencel - my God, how good is he. At 18 he looks like a future star in his position. What an absolute beast.

Lukas Cmelik - a good winger, but he's only going to be a rotation option behind Gojak.

Lukas Zvara - the reason for Cristea's anxiety. He's young, he's Slovakian, and he could have a very bright future ahead of him.

7 hours ago, noikeee said:

Slovakia is looking pretty easy by now. I think it's fair to go for a third title but I think it won't be long before you display the ambition to shine somewhere else.

As you can probably guess, it's the European football that keeps me going with Trenčín. This and the enormous growth in players' ability over the last year. The side is coming along beautifully, and I really want to take them somewhere. They deserve it.

rAKD2CR.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - July 2021 - FK AS Trenčín

Fortuna Liga

001qZCN.png

zO7lgpW.png

Well, that's not the best of starts. I guess we need some time to adapt to the absence of Kluivert.

Champions League

yAudOXn.png

After a sloppy first leg we made it past TNS to face Anderlecht with our third choice keeper Matej Toth in goal. Long story short, the boy's done well. We have a good result to take to Belgium, but the task is still enormous.

15 hours ago, Rikulec said:

rAKD2CR.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - July 2021 - FK AS Trenčín

Fortuna Liga

001qZCN.png

zO7lgpW.png

Well, that's not the best of starts. I guess we need some time to adapt to the absence of Kluivert.

Champions League

yAudOXn.png

After a sloppy first leg we made it past TNS to face Anderlecht with our third choice keeper Matej Toth in goal. Long story short, the boy's done well. We have a good result to take to Belgium, but the task is still enormous.

Great result vs Anderlecht. An away goal could be enough.

Cheers,
Bitner 

rAKD2CR.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - August 2021 - FK AS Trenčín

Fortuna Liga

FJKoqNC.png

u4YR0BS.png

That's more like it. We're top, even if it took coming back from 2:0 down at Ruzomberok. The highlight of the month is the Slovan game where we fielded mostly our second XI, resting all the big guns for Anderlecht.

Champions League

CEnDvob.png

Unlike last season, this time we deserved to go out at this stage. While the first leg was a thriller, this time the Belgians made it clear who was the better team. I was hoping for some counter attack until the very end, but it wasn't to be.

Europa League

vxn2Bft.png

At last, we made it! The business was done in the first leg and we rested a lot of players for the trip to Bulgaria, hence the defeat against a team we tore to pieces at home. This is a massive moment for the club.

Transfers

Shane Byrne - one for the future. Shane joins for a mere £22K from Dungannon.

11 minutes ago, Rikulec said:

I'm afraid things went a little bit differently there.

Well, an away goal would have done it :/

But at least, UEL groups. This is massive aswell.

Cheers,
Bitner 

2 hours ago, Bitner said:

Well, an away goal would have done it :/

But at least, UEL groups. This is massive aswell.

Cheers,
Bitner 

Cheers mate, I agree it's a great achievement. :thup:

1 hour ago, noikeee said:

Can see you surprising Dinamo and/or Kasimpasa and putting a bit of a fight to go through.

1 hour ago, Keano16 said:

I agree, you could take points off Dinamo and Kasimpasa. Good luck and it's a big step forward whatever the outcome. 

You guys are optimists. We start with a trip to Croatia, that will clarify a lot.

rAKD2CR.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - September 2021 - FK AS Trenčín

Fortuna Liga

IPk6jBB.png

QAmQay9.png

Just two games this month. We have a two point advantage and a game in hand. Not much more can be said really.

Slovnaft Cup

0BDNdHB.png

Two good victories, although it took much longer than expected to break Sered' down.

Europa League

gCxDIpz.png

iB791f5.png

Well, turns out you were right after all. We beat Dinamo after a really good showing at their place and we really should have beaten Kasımpaşa as well, but our finishing was a huge letdown in that game. Next up, a double header against Tottenham...

2 hours ago, Rikulec said:

rAKD2CR.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - September 2021 - FK AS Trenčín

Fortuna Liga

IPk6jBB.png

QAmQay9.png

Just two games this month. We have a two point advantage and a game in hand. Not much more can be said really.

Slovnaft Cup

0BDNdHB.png

Two good victories, although it took much longer than expected to break Sered' down.

Europa League

gCxDIpz.png

iB791f5.png

Well, turns out you were right after all. We beat Dinamo after a really good showing at their place and we really should have beaten Kasımpaşa as well, but our finishing was a huge letdown in that game. Next up, a double header against Tottenham...

One point against Spurs and maybe you're in contention?

Cheers,
Bitner 

5 hours ago, Bitner said:

One point against Spurs and maybe you're in contention?

Cheers,
Bitner 

One point against Spurs would definitely be a great result for us. On the other hand, if Kasımpaşa could do it...

rAKD2CR.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - October 2021 - FK AS Trenčín

Fortuna Liga

GnaB7aL.png

tgyPRFk.png

I don't want to say we're running away with it... but we're running away with it. It was an interesting month though, which saw us come back heroically to steal a draw at Slovan. Oh, and Lukas Kocis scored his first ever league goal for the club, followed by four more in the same game. Mental.

Slovnaft Cup

npnAE9u.png

Too easy.

Europa League

t1dIJGh.png

NvqAihe.png

No surprise here. We looked competitive in the first half hour or so - Bruno Lopes squandered a wonderful opportunity to put us in front - but then Tottenham grabbed the steering wheel and grabbed a well deserved win. We're still in 2nd though, still in contention.

rAKD2CR.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - November 2021 - FK AS Trenčín

Fortuna Liga

3uulIxL.png

IzivTyT.png

Another unbeaten month with the usual draw. And quite a dramatic one this time. Oh, and Dunajská Streda are going surprisingly strong. We're facing them at home in our next game. This could be an interesting one.

Europa League

GbaayPW.png

7bYzAfa.png

What seemed so unlikely after the draw should have been accomplished already. While the defeat against Spurs was to be expected - at least we made it entertaining - we went up twice against Dinamo and let them equalise both times, the 2:2 goal coming from a late penalty. A win would have sent us through. Now we need a draw in Turkey - or a win, if Tottenham decide not to give a **** in the final game.

rAKD2CR.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - December 2021 - FK AS Trenčín

Fortuna Liga

nFfRnm3.png

T0a1ixx.png

Two wins for us, two defeats for Dunajská Streda, and we're nine points clear at the top.

Europa League

sQbp1vX.png

HZklZil.png

We conceded. Then Marek Vencel picked up two yellow cards inside the first half. Then we wasted two wonderful opportunities straight after the break. Then they hit us on the break right after that to make it 2:0. We had so many chances to clinch the qualification earlier, we had the final one where we only needed a draw, and we still bottled it.

rAKD2CR.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - January 2022 - FK AS Trenčín

Friendlies

zXHOapg.png

Nothing to be particularly concerned about.

Transfers

Mokhtar Jaziri - joining us for £300K, the right back replaces Martin Sulek sold to Videoton for £425K. Arguably he's already better, and he certainly has much more potential.

Archived