• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yem8SZp.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - August 2023 - AFC Ajax

Eredivisie

slXrq8K.png

BA49ve2.png

A disastrous start... and a spectacular victory over PSV. A sign of things to come?

Europa League

rVdWZm2.png

Standard looked tough on paper, but in the end it was a fairly straightforward qualifying campaign for us.

16 minutes ago, Benjoe said:

Who's arena is called 'Inea Stadium'? And yes, too lazy to just google it. 

Also a Euro group to do work with I recon.

No worries about league form, it'll come soon.

You could always look to the left of my post. :p It's Lech Poznań.

The group could be quite difficult, but if we actually want to try and win the whole thing, there shouldn't be any doubt about reaching the knockouts, right?

7 minutes ago, Rikulec said:

You could always look to the left of my post. :p It's Lech Poznań.

The group could be quite difficult, but if we actually want to try and win the whole thing, there shouldn't be any doubt about reaching the knockouts, right?

Oh. Shhhhhh :p 

I guess it's not exactly straight forward but Leipzig is the hardest opponent I'd assume with Young Boys and Osmanlispor being a bit of an unknown quantity. 

15 hours ago, Benjoe said:

I guess it's not exactly straight forward but Leipzig is the hardest opponent I'd assume with Young Boys and Osmanlispor being a bit of an unknown quantity. 

Young Boys is an tough team to beat in Switzerland, afaik.

Cheers,
Bitner 

18 hours ago, Benjoe said:

3 hours ago, Bitner said:

Young Boys is an tough team to beat in Switzerland, afaik.

Cheers,
Bitner 

We've just come back from a trip to Germany and it hasn't gone very well. I know Young Boys can be a tough nut to crack and I'm not going to underestimate Osmanlispor. This is a very, very tough group.

Yem8SZp.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - September 2023 - AFC Ajax

Eredivisie

300NMkO.png

jGxJksH.png

That's more like it. We're just one point off the top spot now, and have everything to play for. Things are back under control.

Europa League

oN3YGmS.png

sM6KmkB.png

Our most difficult fixture is out of the way now. We got completely destroyed by Jonathan Calleri. This is no surprise.

1 hour ago, Rikulec said:

We've just come back from a trip to Germany and it hasn't gone very well. I know Young Boys can be a tough nut to crack and I'm not going to underestimate Osmanlispor. This is a very, very tough group.

I wasn't trying to underestimate any of the teams, but they are sort of an unknown quantity compared to Leipzig. I just hope your team will be able to edge them out and take 2nd place. :)

17 hours ago, Rikulec said:

No it isn't. :D Stop trying to create lesser expectations, you can own up to them!

I see you've been converted to the little Eredivisie cult we've got going around in FMCU lately. Ajax is up there as one of my favourite teams to manage - had loads of fun with them in FM12 - beyond being just one of my favourite foreign teams period. Definitely support the choice of club.

35 minutes ago, noikeee said:

No it isn't. :D Stop trying to create lesser expectations, you can own up to them!

I see you've been converted to the little Eredivisie cult we've got going around in FMCU lately. Ajax is up there as one of my favourite teams to manage - had loads of fun with them in FM12 - beyond being just one of my favourite foreign teams period. Definitely support the choice of club.

Well, we've just dropped points again, so... :lol:

As for the Eredivisie, it is a very pleasant league to manage indeed, and Ajax are a massive club with great history, so that's quite handy as well. I definitely intend to stay here for a few seasons.

Yem8SZp.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - October 2023 - AFC Ajax

Eredivisie

iPHUqlP.png

e4mXe4M.png

We were so close to a perfect defensive record this month, but our run ended brutally - first with an own goal and then an injury time goal to deny us a win against Groningen. Feyenoord made no mistake this month, and they're running away at the moment. Plenty of time to catch them though.

Europa League

SM3Sf5S.png

otx6JCW.png

Young Boys got lucky, and then we annihilated Osmanlispor to revive our campaign. We're in a good position at the halfway point.

45 minutes ago, Rikulec said:

Yem8SZp.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - October 2023 - AFC Ajax

Eredivisie

iPHUqlP.png

e4mXe4M.png

We were so close to a perfect defensive record this month, but our run ended brutally - first with an own goal and then an injury time goal to deny us a win against Groningen. Feyenoord made no mistake this month, and they're running away at the moment. Plenty of time to catch them though.

Europa League

SM3Sf5S.png

otx6JCW.png

Young Boys got lucky, and then we annihilated Osmanlispor to revive our campaign. We're in a good position at the halfway point.

Solid, if unspetacular. Improvement happening, though...

Cheers,
Bitner 

Yem8SZp.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - November 2023 - AFC Ajax

Eredivisie

vDwdf1M.png

zpAtbzc.png

This is bad. We failed to beat Feyenoord despite grabbing the lead and then creating some good chances to extend it. Marco van Ginkel equalised with the help of a lucky deflection, and that was it. At least we got back on track, comfortably beating ADO Den Haag.

Europa League

zE3hBNB.png

FgdhXWP.png

And we got there. While the Osmanlispor game was as straightforward as the scoreline suggests, the Lepizig one was an absolutely crazy, balls-to-the-wall rollercoaster ride. We actually went 4:1 up and we would have overtaken them in the table if we had held onto that, but neither team really thought of defending and it could have ended 7:7 really. Most importantly, we're in the knockouts.

Yem8SZp.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - December 2023 - AFC Ajax

Eredivisie

f8TTnSf.png

hdwiNYf.png

Three wins, a goals galore and we cut Feyenoord's lead in half. Everything is there to play for, and we'll have these ****ers come to Amsterdam. Bring it on.

Europa League

ersryiA.png

UxzYn1j.png

Osmanlispor did us no favour and we finished second in the group despite a final day win. That draw against Young Boys at home hurts now.

36 minutes ago, noikeee said:

You were worried about Young Boys and Osmanlispor and now Zenit is "doable"? :D

Looks like tight battles with Feyenoord for the Dutch league is how we roll in this forum. :cool:

There is a but there! :D

Yeah, it seems Feyenoord really want to challenge us this year. Let's beat the crap out of them, mate.

27 minutes ago, Benjoe said:

Zenit? Easy, I mean you just crushed the great Osmanlispor. :D

GD wise you should be leading the league, sadly you can't use that for much - keep fighting!

We have to gain momentum from the very first game after the winter break. Do that, and we could achieve a lot this season.

6 hours ago, Rikulec said:

We have to gain momentum from the very first game after the winter break. Do that, and we could achieve a lot this season.

Hell yeah!

6 hours ago, Rikulec said:

NlHpuyU.png

Oh for ****'s sake. I guess one of our winter signings will have to step right in.

Oh. ****.

6 hours ago, DazRTaylor said:

Ouch.  :(

10 minutes ago, Benjoe said:

Hell yeah!

Oh. ****.

This message was like a kick to the nuts, but the lad I mentioned in that post has made quite an entry...

...which I shamefully won't be able to cover anytime soon. I didn't manage to finish January before leaving and next week we have a three day national holiday, so I won't get anywhere near FM until Wednesday, which is when I'm going to post the update. Be prepared though - I've already played all the league games and most of the transfer window, and I can assure you this will be the most exciting update so far. Stay tuned, and see you on Wednesday.

10 minutes ago, Rikulec said:

FM sure does write the best scenarios.

Rejoice your holiday. And we're here to support you... Even if you lose, then i'll support you WITH SOME GOOD PITCHFORKS. <3

Cheers,
Bitner 

Yem8SZp.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - January 2024 - AFC Ajax

Friendlies

mU2zMyY.png

Good enough.

Eredivisie

rC0m7Zv.png

8TpbAS2.png

Feyenoord have had a nightmare start with just three points from three games, and this combined with our perfect month has flipped the situation - now it's us who sit at the top with a three point advantage. Our new signings are firing already as well.

Transfers

kfq96LI.png

We were really busy in the winter - busy making money! Oh, and we've also signed our first wonderkid.

Almir - look at his physicals and you'll understand why I decided to splash so much money on him. He could become a big name in football.

Luis Gómez - this one we bought for peanuts. He had to step in for Marin straight away, and he's doing really well so far.

Guilherme Arana - a direct replacement for Novotny. Not so much potential, but arguably more quality at the present moment.

1 hour ago, kidthekid said:

Wow, Almir is really a genetic freak. Probably should be competing at a decathlon instead of football.

20 minutes ago, Bitner said:

Arana is a god, best player for Corinthians week-in, week-out, imo.

Cheers,
Bitner 

I'm glad you like the transfers. :thup:

8 minutes ago, Rikulec said:

I'm glad you like the transfers. :thup:

Well, YOU should be glad we like, because the pitchworks are being prepared since friday. <3

Cheers,
Bitner 

49 minutes ago, Bitner said:

Well, YOU should be glad we like, because the pitchworks are being prepared since friday. <3

Cheers,
Bitner 

I can sense some strange #SłotaOut vibe here...

6 hours ago, Bitner said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA, well, we're demanding :p

Cheers,
Bitner 

6 hours ago, Bitner said:

And about Arana: 

That's why we love him hahha!

Cheers,
Bitner 

A nice Brazilian left back, it seems. :cool:

Yem8SZp.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - February 2024 - AFC Ajax

Eredivisie

vdHtAkZ.png

TzPEd8A.png

We can - and probably will have to - do better than that. The lead is reduced by the slightest of margins, and we have nine games left - including a home clash with Feyenoord.

Europa League

jFUCoC0.png

A confident couple of performances sends us through to the next round. We've now met the board's expectations for the competition.

Roma await us in the next round. We play the first leg at home.

1 hour ago, Rikulec said:

Yem8SZp.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - February 2024 - AFC Ajax

Eredivisie

vdHtAkZ.png

TzPEd8A.png

We can - and probably will have to - do better than that. The lead is reduced by the slightest of margins, and we have nine games left - including a home clash with Feyenoord.

Europa League

jFUCoC0.png

A confident couple of performances sends us through to the next round. We've now met the board's expectations for the competition.

Roma await us in the next round. We play the first leg at home.

This will go down to the wire, but can Slota claim the Eredivisie?

And about Europa League, the pioneers of the 7x1 awaits, Show 'em! 

Cheers,
Bitner 

58 minutes ago, Bitner said:

This will go down to the wire, but can Slota claim the Eredivisie?

And about Europa League, the pioneers of the 7x1 awaits, Show 'em! 

Cheers,
Bitner 

Will do. Cheers mate. :thup:

Just now, Rikulec said:

Will do. Cheers mate. :thup:

Well, we hope so, because some supporters are DEMANDING. And you liked Arana skills, huh? :p

He can cross a ball, but Football Manager NEVER do justice to brazilian players, they're all between 11 and 15 in their attributes :S

Cheers,
Bitner 

50 minutes ago, Bitner said:

Well, we hope so, because some supporters are DEMANDING. And you liked Arana skills, huh? :p

He can cross a ball, but Football Manager NEVER do justice to brazilian players, they're all between 11 and 15 in their attributes :S

Cheers,
Bitner 

I haven't had problems with his crossing so far. :p

Yem8SZp.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - March 2024 - AFC Ajax

Eredivisie

VxvXec4.png

WSFz58F.png

An unbeaten month is always satisfying... except when it's not. Two disappointing draws followed by two scraped wins, not very good signs.

Europa League

7C8c86M.png

We started well, getting in front in the first leg, but ultimately we got beaten by a side of superior quality.

Youth Intake

RL7lFjH.png

When you get notified that one of the players in the intake could emerge as one of the best of his generation, you know it's going to be good.

Mokhtar Hajji

Andries de Lange

Co Hasselbaink

Archived