FM17: Into the Wild

Rikulec

Just caught up with this. You've made incredible progress since taking over, and I'm very much with you on sticking around until you feel you've achieved something in Europe, even if that simply means becoming regulars in the group stage. Best of luck for the rest of the season. :thup:

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, withnail316 said:

Just caught up with this. You've made incredible progress since taking over, and I'm very much with you on sticking around until you feel you've achieved something in Europe, even if that simply means becoming regulars in the group stage. Best of luck for the rest of the season. :thup:

Cheers mate. :thup:

As for staying at the club though, I feel the time to move on is approaching. I'm going to complete my Continental Pro Licence very soon and this will open up great possibilities. I'm getting loads of interesting interviews already, and I feel this last coaching badge could become the tipping point where I will finally be approached by one of these clubs. While I have a contract until 2023, I believe this could be my final season in Slovakia.

rAKD2CR.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - March 2022 - FK AS Trenčín

Fortuna Liga

QDOgjCo.png

X8m6J5u.png

And there, I jinxed it. :( Not one, but two defeats to give me a solid kick in the nuts. At least we managed to beat Slovan and keep a six-point lead...

Slovnaft Cup

lMrUBHd.png

Even more bad news. :( No domestic clean sweep in what's likely to be my final season at Trenčín.

Youth Intake

PapGjwK.png

After the misfortunes on the pitch, this will certainly help me wipe my tears off. What a spectacular intake, I actually believe we might have got a future football star.

Miroslav Zvara

Jan Danko

Andrej Pinte

44 minutes ago, Rikulec said:

rAKD2CR.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - April 2022 - FK AS Trenčín

Fortuna Liga

EXHuS1d.png

5SqFVIH.png

Anyone could see what our problem is. Three games left, two of them we'll play at home... should be fine, right?

You'll be fine 😀

2 hours ago, Rikulec said:

rAKD2CR.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - April 2022 - FK AS Trenčín

Fortuna Liga

EXHuS1d.png

5SqFVIH.png

Anyone could see what our problem is. Three games left, two of them we'll play at home... should be fine, right?

Should be fine. But you should play for a draw away, maybe?

Cheers,
Bitner 

rAKD2CR.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - May 2022 - FK AS Trenčín

Fortuna Liga

ElTGYBK.png

hlo7Ya1.png

We woke up just in time to clinch the title with one game to go. That's a hat-trick for me in three full seasons at the club then.

Bit of disappointing form near the end there, but you sealed the deal in the end and that's the important bit.

Zvara's a bit on the lazy side and isn't all that creative unfortunately so he won't necessarily end up a particularly complete forward, but he's got a lot of the attributes needed for a poacher-type striker already (being Resolute as of the intake definitely doesn't hurt) and his progress is definitely worth monitoring; if you have no rules against it, maybe you could try to poach him for the next club you move to in order to influence his development more directly?

10 hours ago, DazRTaylor said:

You should listen to me more often.  :cool:

9 hours ago, noikeee said:

See, it was pretty easy at the end. :cool:

I guess I have a tendency to panic a little bit in certain moments. :D Shouldn't be surprising if you followed my FM16 thread tbf.

8 hours ago, Stocke said:

Bit of disappointing form near the end there, but you sealed the deal in the end and that's the important bit.

Zvara's a bit on the lazy side and isn't all that creative unfortunately so he won't necessarily end up a particularly complete forward, but he's got a lot of the attributes needed for a poacher-type striker already (being Resolute as of the intake definitely doesn't hurt) and his progress is definitely worth monitoring; if you have no rules against it, maybe you could try to poach him for the next club you move to in order to influence his development more directly?

I don't have any rules against buying players from former clubs, so theoretically I could go for Zvara if I wanted to. I agree some of his mentals are not exactly what I'd like to see, and my tactics here at Trenčín require an aggressive, hard-working man up front to put pressure on teams trying to play from the back. Bruno Lopes is a perfect fit for that, Zvara - not necessarily. He hasn't even made his debut yet. He's certainly one to watch, but he has plenty of work ahead of him.

4 hours ago, Benjoe said:

So when are you leaving for new territory? :D 

Zvara looks class too, just needs to grow a pair and learn how to work hard.

4 hours ago, ManUtd1 said:

Solid intake. Any chance that will make you stick around a little longer, or is it that time regardless?

To be honest, I'm not sure. There will be an announcement after I post the season review, I'll try to explain things in more detail then.

rAKD2CR.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Season Review - 2021/22 - FK AS Trenčín

Fortuna Liga

Results

Competition Performance: Winners

On one hand, we improved on our last season's performance, getting more points, scoring more goals and conceding less. On the other hand, going into the winter break we were undefeated and we looked like we could set some records. It didn't happen, and 2022 was very, very bad for our standards. I'm just happy that we won the thing.

Slovnaft Cup

Competition Performance: Quarter Final

A disastrous performance at Myjava cost us big time.

Champions League

Competition Performance: Third Qualifying Round

No improvement compared to last season, but the draw was nowhere near as favourable this time round.

Europa League

Competition Performance: Group Stage

We made it into the groups, but then we blew a great chance to advance even further. Still, money, progress, all that.

Squad

Not much has changed, although we could do with a quality midfielder to boost the numbers there - one particular sale in the winter transfer window was really costly for us.

Transfers - Finances

Once again we made a lot of profit, but in hindsight we really shouldn't have sold Jakubek - his departure combined with Vojtech Kubista's leg break shortly after left me with barely any rotation options in midfield. The incoming transfers were really good though, and the team looks much stronger than last year.

We're going to spend £1,5M on facilities shortly, but even then our balance is going to look really healthy. Certainly nothing to worry about.

Player of the Season

1st - Adrian Odobeanu - he really made a step up this season following Kluivert's departure, and even though he didn't rack up as many assists, his creativity was a key element for us in the quest to break down the opposition's defensive ranks. He's far too good for this league.

2nd - Bruno Lopes - he failed to retain the top goalscorer crown, but with 18 goals to his name he played an important part of our title-winning campaign once again. Unlike Zvara - as mentioned a few posts earlier - he's a perfect fit for our system, contributing to our attack even if he doesn't score himself.

3rd - Marek Vencel - despite his young age, he became the most important element of our defence straight away. Not only did he provide what was expected, he also posed a threat up front, netting four goals in all competitions. There's no way we're holding onto him in the summer.

Next Season

See below.

Alright, here's the way it goes. My contract with Trenčín runs out next season. My reputation exceeds the figures expected for the Slovakian league by a mile, and recently I was even interviewed by Sevilla, who have a worldwide reputation. I feel I could make a huge jump if I leave, be it a smaller club in one of the best leagues or a big club in the likes of the Netherlands or Portugal. In terms of my approach to realism, I guess I could leave with terminating my contract a year early - let's just pretend I have an understanding chairman. I've been leaning towards leaving for quite some time now - another important factor is that I can't tell some clubs to **** off forever - plenty of our players are likely to get snapped up in the summer and I'm not very fond of the idea of rebuilding Trenčín at this specific moment of my career. On the other hand, after failing to retain the cup, the possibility to participate in the Supercup has finally opened up, and I could add this trophy to my list. If I chose to do so, I would also have one last attempt at taking the club into the Champions League group stage. In fact though, these are the only things that make me even consider staying. It's not an easy decision to make though, I've obviously developed a bond with the club and the incredible youth I've been granted an opportunity to raise and manage. I will have quite some time to ponder on that choice though...

I've returned home for the Easter break, which means I won't have a chance to touch Football Manager until Tuesday. This obviously means no updates until then. For now, I would like to thank you for following the thread so far and wish you all a very happy Easter. The thread returns next week, stay tuned!

On 13.04.2017 at 21:05, Benjoe said:

Happy Easter to you as well!

And looking forward to seeing which direction you decide your future to go.

Thanks a lot. :thup:

On 15.04.2017 at 22:56, noikeee said:

My opinion is that it's time to move to a slightly bigger league, but it's your career and you should follow whatever you think you'll enjoy most!

Thanks for the opinion. I'm back home now, and I've pretty much made my decision...

ZcNjvGe.png

Here we go then. I could have stuck around for the Supercup, but this one trophy matters very little in the grand scheme of things. Three league titles and two cups in three full seasons, not too shabby, eh?

9 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

All told, that's a tremendous 3 seasons.  Looking forward to hearing where you land!

Thank you. So far I've had an interview with Nice, but they decided to pick someone else. Not very nice of them. :herman:

1 hour ago, noikeee said:

I'm sure you'll end up at a nicer club!

Here's hoping!

Oh, and a short note. I'll be doing the same thing as last time - post the screenshots of all interviews I get offered and you'll have a chance to guess who I picked (or who picked me). Stay tuned.

2 hours ago, Rikulec said:

Here's hoping!

Oh, and a short note. I'll be doing the same thing as last time - post the screenshots of all interviews I get offered and you'll have a chance to guess who I picked (or who picked me). Stay tuned.

What leagues do you have active, again?

Would be fun to see you take a stint at Celta as I enjoyed my save there, or Hamburger SV perhaps. Or maybe you'd like to return to England now... hmm. 

My guess is going to be West Ham actually, I think.

3 hours ago, DazRTaylor said:

I would choose Ajax, but then I love the Dutch leagues in FM.

3 hours ago, Bitner said:

HSV.

Cheers,
Bitner 

3 hours ago, Benjoe said:

Would be fun to see you take a stint at Celta as I enjoyed my save there, or Hamburger SV perhaps. Or maybe you'd like to return to England now... hmm. 

My guess is going to be West Ham actually, I think.

2 hours ago, ManUtd1 said:

Ajax or West Ham.

2 hours ago, Keano16 said:

Just a couple leagues loaded then. :Do

I'll go with Ajax.

Update coming up in a few minutes.

mN80rRh.png

I got offered the Stoke position as well, but it was a real no-brainer.

Yem8SZp.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - New Club - AFC Ajax

96lzoDQ.png

The situation in the league is far from good, but 3rd can be a realistic aim if we can properly get going from day one.

Club Name: AFC Ajax
Nickname: De Godenzonen
Year Founded: 1900
Stadium: Amsterdam ArenA (53,346 all-seater)

mZRfBrb.png

Everyone knows who Ajax are. Let the history speak for itself.

E5iTH6S.png

I have one game left in February, at home to bottom of the league RKC. Should be fine... right?

Congratulations, @DazRTaylor, @ManUtd1 and @Keano16!

12 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

What did we win?! Is it a car? I sure hope it is a car! It's a car, right?

11 minutes ago, Benjoe said:

Aww I never win anything... :(

I guess you'll have to be satisfied with... well, satisfaction. :D

Archived