The All-New FMCU Mini-Updates Thread

deltablue

lXfGDSh.jpg

Wanted an extension and got it.

League fixtures | League table

I have actually played on a bit more but I'll post the halfway update. A long unbeaten run brought to an end by our former captain Arsenij Buijnikij's 4 goals for Suduva. Also had a disappointing draw against Rodiklis along with defeats to Siauliai and Atlantas. The Siauliai one was particularly unhappy as the scored from half their shots while we needed 22 shots to score twice. I don't expect Atlantas to spend much more time at the top though - they are currently top on head-to-head.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brilliant work getting in to the Europa group :applause: Tough one to be in but just getting there will boost the nations rep lots even if you fail to get out of it

We eventually failed to get out of it but 10 points from 6 games did please me. 3 out of 3 at home - 3-2 v Liverpool, 3-0 v Dnipro and 4-2 v Hapoel Tel-Aviv.

I've been thinking of opening a new thread about this career (continuing from Zalgiris) but I'd like to have some feedback as updates will be infrequent...

Playing as Hibs at the minute, 4-2 up at ibrox and comfortable with 20 minutes left. Cue two sendings off and a 5-4 defeat with the winning goal coming in the 94th minute. Never have I wanted to break FM15's disc so much.

My Verona team have been taking the 'winning while badly is the mark of champions' cliche to a whole new level this season. Well not so much badly but certainly 'unconvincingly'. Still if it means we go up (and even stay top pretty much the whole way through) that'll do me fine.

I've temporarily shelved plans for a new thread and might continue posting here for a little more time yet...

vmfd_zalgiris_vilnius_2012_-_.gif

SMScredit.lt A Lyga

Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 | Final table

We had a bit of a sticky spell around the midway point but once we got out of it, we were rather good in the league (& cup). We lost our top of the table match against Atlantas but hung on to the top spot. A good run of form saw us put away Dainava, Silute, Siauliai and Suduva. An 8-1 victory followed against Kruoja in the cup where Schalke loanee Gratas Sirgedas scored 4, assisted 2 and got a 10.0 rating. A 4-2 win at home to Siauliai secured the title with Atlantas, having played a game more, trailing by 4 points. I picked a rotated team and let my assistant manage them for Kruoja with Dnipro coming up and they scored with almost half their shots. Atlantas came form a goal down to win the final game.

dEvFodb.jpg

Turns out my title winning team wasn't very old either.

7xqyAYl.jpg

In Europe, we started off with a smash-and-grab 3-2 win over Liverpool. We faced Hapoel Tel-Aviv away and led 3-2 after being 0-1 down but a 90th minute equaliser robbed us of 3 points. The next game was a horror 6-1 defeat in Ukraine to Dnipro although we matched them for most of the time. (Classic FM case of saving and quitting followed by reloading later on). We followed it up with a 3-0 win over the same opposition. I never really expected us to get anything at Anfield and wasn't surprised to see us lose 4-0.

In the final game, we had to beat Tel-Aviv and hope Liverpool win in Ukraine. We did our part, coming back from 2-0 down to win 4-2 but there was more drama elsewhere. Liverpool led till the 74th minute when a late flurry of goals saw Dnipro snatch a 3-2 win with a 90th minute winner.

Our best moment of the season:-

wIALyCz.jpg

Been doing a bit of a journeyman career with Sunday League rep, but I've never been good at committing to a career thread, so I may just post some updates in here.

- - -

offen94's Journeyman Career

2014/15: Signed as manager of African Warriors in the South African 2nd tier. Preseason expectations were 8th place, we managed 2nd but finished bottom of the three-team promotion play-off league consigning us to another season of second tier football.

2015/16: Finished this season top of the league, 10 points clear of second place, and earned promotion to the SA Premier Soccer League.

2016/17: Despite a bright start, we slipped to bottom of the table. Although we were only a couple of points adrift, with ten games remaining an offer came in from Ajax Cape Town which was too good to refuse. They were only three points clear of the relegation places, but had far greater resources than the Warriors. We survived relegation fairly comfortably in the end, finishing 12th.

- - -

I hadn't thought of it at the time, but so far this save has naturally taken the form of some kind of alphabet challenge! Not sure if I'll continue in that manner, I'll see how it goes.

Looking very good for promotion so far this season with Verona so the chairman decided that what I really needed was to have two of our best players sold above my head in January! There's a time and a place...

Just to let everyone know, I have exams coming up at the end of the month and so, I am taking an indefinite break from this forum and from FM in general. I haven't really played much recently but I have hopes to be able to resume withing 2 months.

Good luck to everyone here on the forum and when I'm back, I will try to read through all your careers. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Damn I have an absolute muppet in my squad... Wants to leave to go to HJK, I ask him what I can do to keep him here. He says qualify for Champions League, I tell him we can do that. as soon as the conversation's over I get a message saying he no longer wants to leave because we've achieved his goal.

I dunno what training my coaches have going because I've had 4 players this season go down with hernias... This doesn't seem normal... Are my part time players bringing work injuries to training to get better physio?

[video=youtube_share;X8Ow1nlafOg]

It's a pity that it's not France instead of Brazil (not that there could be 3 European teams in the same group anyway) otherwise it would be all 4 of my nationalities (though I'm very insistent about being 'Catalan' not 'Spanish')..

A little earlier I had a game where we won 7-1 with my two forwards seemingly competing to outscore each other. One got the opener, the other then got a first-half hat-trick, the first guy then completed a hat-trick of his own in the second-half before his partner got a 'winning' goal. It brought to mind Asterix and Obelix (and the Gauls in general) competing to see who can beat up the most Romans.

Playing with Toulouse and got drawn away in the cup to a team called AS Magenta... they're from New Caledonia!!!

I was aware that teams from the French dependencies competed in the French Cup but imagined that the games would be played in mainland France. I imagine it must be like a mini-holiday for teams that get drawn away to teams from some of those far-blown islands.

Does anyone know the practicalities of how this works in real life?

Playing with Toulouse and got drawn away in the cup to a team called AS Magenta... they're from New Caledonia!!!

I was aware that teams from the French dependencies competed in the French Cup but imagined that the games would be played in mainland France. I imagine it must be like a mini-holiday for teams that get drawn away to teams from some of those far-blown islands.

Does anyone know the practicalities of how this works in real life?

"There are a total of 14 rounds in the competition. However, rounds in the competition are determined through each region in France with one of the main reasons being to reduce travel costs. Depending on the region, the number of rounds may vary from four to as many as eight with each region sending a set number of clubs to the 7th round. The regions conduct rounds of matches up until the 7th round when professional clubs enter the competition. All of the clubs are then split and drawn against each other randomly, regardless of regional affiliation. In the overseas departments and territories, territories such as Guadeloupe, Martinique, French Guyana, and Réunion establish their own knockout competition, similar to the regions in France, though only one club from each region is allowed to enter. Territories like Mayotte, French Polynesia, and New Caledonia allow the winner of their cup competitions to enter the 7th round, such as when AS Mont-Dore won the 2009 edition of the New Caledonia Cup to earn qualification for the 2009–10 Coupe de France."

http://i.imgur.com/dd2xcaR.png

We may not have lost all season, and they may be the league below, but those odds look a little off.....

EDIT: http://i.imgur.com/TsVzi6F.png

Well I was wrong....

Of particular note from that screenie is the fact that Miles, a centre-back, scored four goals, including a hat-trick within 14 minutes. And we led 9-0 at half time having been 5-0 up when Miles completed that hat-trick.

Man of the Match was Ofori, who scored a hat-trick and managed a double hat-trick in assists. Blimey.

EDIT2: And then we go and lose our next game 3-2....

so I've been posting my progress on another forum but I'm about half way through my pentagon challenge and I'm just going to combine all of my posts. I started mypentagon challenge in Qatar with Lekhwiya.

Majdid Bougherra has just scored a hat-trick for me in the Asian Champions League group stage. D:

So started as Lekhwiya in Qatar (no clubs had managers so applied for all them and was lucky to take over the reigns at Lekhwiya) cos Youssef Msakni plays for them and I want to re-attempt the Pentagon Challenge. Anyhow we're at the end of the first league season and we won the league by 4 points and the FA Cup equivalent. We topped our Asian Champions League group and are in the quarters vs Esteghlal of Iran, just played the first leg at home and we won 5-3. The only issue I have is I can only play 3 foreigners and my squad is full of foreigners, I've only got 8 Qatari's of decent calibre and that leaves me no subs. My 3 foreigners are Vlad Weiss, Francis Coquelin and Majdid Bougherra.

So into the quarter finals and we were drawn against tough opposition in the form of Suwon Bluewings of South Korea. Know they usually do well in this competition so we have to be wary against them. However it was time to re-register the squad after the summer transfer window and Bougherra had left on a free, Coquelin left on loan and Weiss tore his hamstring, so in came Kurt Zouma (loan), Nathaniel Chalobah (loan) and Nathan Dyer. Just played the first match and we were down 3-0 at half time at home, thought it was all over, then this happened:

2j5gbye.png

And in typical FM fashion, we lost the second leg 2-1.

So we went again and in our second season we accomplished my mission:

28wkl0y.png

2vdkysh.png

Special shout out goes to Vladmir Weiss who unfortmunately broke his foot during the break between and missed both the semi-finals and final (first semi through suspension) The other two foreigners registered were Kurt Zouma (loan) and Mario Pugliese (loan)

Just played in the Club World Championship after winning the Asian Champions League, we were drawn in the quarters against Pumas who won the North American Champions League. We deservedly dumped them out 4-2 and were then drawn against European Champions League winners Chelsea in the semi finals, did not expect anything from it as Vlad Weiss, Kurt Zouma, Youssef Msakni, Nathaniel Chalobah and Kenneth Omeruo were out for different reasons. Didn't set up any differently as I wanted to give them a game, and give them a game we did! Matched them for 90 minutes before Cesc Fabregas popped up in a poachers position to toe the ball past Langerak in the 112th minute.

In a bit of a pickle, aimed to leave Asia once I won the Champions League but because it finished halfway through the season I wanted to see the league campaign out. Anyhow we've finished the season and there's no jobs available in Tunisia/Algeria where I want to wipe Africa off the list next. Just had the draw for the quarters of the Champions League and it looks winnable whatwith the lesser teams in it this time round, don't know whether to stay and play for that or leave and get through quicker to find a new team.

The ES Setif job in Algeria has just came up in between the semi finals of the ACL, we lost the first leg at home 2-4 so I'm contemplating resigning as ES Setif won't pay the compensation to release me from Lekhwiya as I just recently signed a contract.

yeah so I resigned and the day after they've offered me an interview.

So a new chapter in the Pentagon Challenge sees me take charge of ES Setif who are one of Algeria's biggest clubs. They're predicted to finish second but in October they're sitting 3rd bottom after 9 games, the board expect me to win the league but I'd like to challenge the top four and get us back into a continental competition whether it be the African Champions League or African Confederations Cup. (Europa League equivalent) Ideally I'll get the Esperance job in Tunisia to complete the African part of this challenge and I'll happily use Setif as my stepping stone. We have an 18 year old winger who's leaving in January to join Internacional in Brazil unfortunately, 4.5* potential so we've missed out there. Our weekly wage bill is £11k, a grand over our budget so I'll have to trim it down as well.

Just played our first game and it was a great way to kick off my tenure here in front of our fans against 8th placed JS Kabylie:

353bntz.png

So I've completed 7 league games and we've taken 11 points from them, this is going to be tougher than I thought tbh, we're now sat in 9th. Missing Lekhwiya and how easy it was back in Qatar. :<

That didn't last long, was sacked after exiting the Champions League in the round that every African team battles out for a group spot by South African champions Kaizer Chiefs 5-3 on aggregate, league looked alright, we were sat in 6th with one game to go and the chance of finishing 4th so I'm a bit gutted. Also the manager of Nigeria so unsure whether to focus on them or leave and go on the hunt for a job in maybe North America or stick in Africa.

One game left in the qualifiers for the World Cup group stage and we have Angola who are in pole position, if we beat them then we'll play another group winner for a shot at the Russian World Cup. So I've applied for the job at Danubio in Uruguay but may not take it if we qualify for the World Cup, think it's important to focus on one team at a time.

Ohh I got it wrong, we played Angola and beat them 2-3 away, afterwards I looked at the table and it is as follows:

mj7sc3.png

We've got Zimbabwe away in 3 months but ideally should be winning that! Just had my interview at Danubio and they have given me the job with a £575k transfer budget! Don't plan on winning the Libertadores here because I'd like that to be my penultimate continental win but it could prove a good stepping stone to Mexico.

nigeria-flag.gif

Came top of our qualifying group after beating Zimbabwe 3-0. Drew South Africa in the game to decide who'd be featuring at the World Cup and after a 4-4 draw away we were in a good position to progress and we confirmed our spot at the World Cup after a 1-0 win at home. Just drawn the groups and we've been handed the hardest group of the lot and will have to negotiate ties against the Germans, Spaniards and Japanese to progress. So there's pretty much no point of us boarding the plane to Russia.

Danubio.png

We didn't get off to the best of starts in the Apertura as I was playing around with tactics but we came alive as the stage went on:

nlopl1.png

So in the end we won the Apertura playing a very counter-attacking tactic and we scored for fun. We have the second stage to come but will play a play-off at the end of it for the overall league winner through winning the Apertura:

2moow0l.png

We have lots of good young players coming through who are attracting the attention of bigger clubs in Argentina too and although this team has potential I don't really see myself being here the next 5 years to develop it and try to crack the Libertadores. That's not to say I won't give it a try next season however if we do qualify for it as it'll be my first time playing in the competition but in the next 3 years I aim to be in Mexico challenging for the NACL.

we aren't in the either continental competition for some reason after winning the Apertura, have no idea why but it should make the Clausura a bit easier as those teams around us are in either the Libertadores or Sudamericana, if we don't qualify for either next season it'll be cos there's a bug and I'll have to leave Danubio. :<

get in you beauty, we've won the Clausura so don't have to play a play off to decide the overall champions!

We reached the quarters of the Libertadores after playing Leon in the first ko round (weakest group team plays the best, Leon were the best) so was confident of maybe even winning it as the other Uruguayan teams were doing well in the competition. Anyway we drew Atletico Paranaense and after losing 2-3 at home in the first leg we had it all to do, succumbed to two early goals and threw it away in the second leg. Anyhow Nacional De Madeira got relegated from the Primeira League in Portugal and relegated their manager so I've taken the reins just in the anticipation of getting them back up to where they belong and then moving on because Danubio was getting stale.

Completed my little challenge with Nacional da Madeira by winning the second division at the first time of asking with 95 points and a goal difference of 71, fair to say we walked it. Anyhow I'm going to leave now and hopefully move to Chile or Tunisia next to try and win the continental competitions.

Hmm, things have just got interesting:

30rtsn5.png

This guy cost me £5.75m from Velez at the start of last season, 35 goals in 35 games last season, what a player, especially for this level:

2lsv0hx.png

My time at Universidad has come to a close, had great fun here but it's time to move on. Sad to be leaving players like [link name=Fernando Datolo]http://i58.tinypic.com/2ldzk00.png[/link] [link name=Federico Vega]http://i60.tinypic.com/16ayype.png[/link], [link name=Gaston Tissera]http://i60.tinypic.com/qzosbl.png[/link] and [link name=Oscar Cancino]http://i60.tinypic.com/amfgw4.png [/link]behind but needs must.

2hrliyp.png

hsnb4y.png

2/5

fair to say I want to lose the quarter final against Cruz Azul because if we go through we qualify for the Libertadores and therefore won't be able to qualify for the NACL. anyhow the first leg away I set us up for a hammering and this is how it turns out:

1441o2.png

went out but we've still somehow qualified for the Libertadores by virtue of two of the semi-finalists being in the NACL this year. think I'll leave Monterrey now.

Left Monterrey at the end of the Apertura in season 2024/2025 after we qualified for the Libertadores which meant I couldn't play in the NACL and luckily Pachuca sacked their manager because they finished in the bottom half and I knew if I could get them into the top 8 we'd have a chance during the Clausura to qualify for the NACL. Anyhow we finished 4th and played 5th placed Veracruz in the play-off quarter finals and got hammered 5-3 on aggregate. Then saw that the Etoile du Sahel job in Tunisia was up for grabs so I jumped ship, not prepared to stay in Mexico as I knew we'd probably do well in the opening stage of Liga MX and therefore qualify for the Libertadores again. In the Tunisian league I can only register 3 foreigners so this will be a challenge, top 2 qualify for the African Champions League and 3rd and 4th qualify for the Europa League equivalent, we finished 4th last season so have to qualify through a few preliminary rounds of African Confederation Cup (Europa League). 2 groups, top two progress to the semis. There are many preliminary rounds beforehand to decide who gets into the groups however - same goes for the Champions League.

Just beat league leaders Club Africain 2-3 at their place after going down 2-0 at half time, got an achievement for it as well so now we're top by goal difference and 3rd placed AS Marsa are well off the pace. Had the draw for the African Confederation Cup third round - the round before the groups - and we've drawn against Egyptian giants Zamalek.

Noticed that after I had left Universidad de Chile the manager they brought in to replace me sold Fernando Datolo to Fiorentina for £1.9m. :( What makes it even worse is, look at him now:

21o4zn6.png

wow. he's still my most expensive signing so far, costing us £5.75m from Velez at 18.

Won the league last season and it turns out you play the bulk of your continental matches in the pre season of the following campaign so I won't be in the Champions League until the end of next season. Anyhow we have just finished and won the Confederation Cup after coming top of our group, highlight has to be the 7-1 away win at South African champions Kaizer Chiefs:

mskp6g.png

That'll be all for now! :>

• 3 months later...

...but it seems like the only place.

Claudio Yacob, you utter muppet.

First you get yourself sent off in the second half at 0-0 against Barcelona when we're, if not cruising, then at least not being overly troubled or stretched by them, and following your sending off, Barca score more or less directly from the free kick. And then immediately after the match, when I tell you at the end of the match how disappointed I am with you about the sending off, you are "motivated and inspired" by my b...rollocking?! I now have to decide what action to take against you post-match. Hanging doesn't seem to be an option, but perhaps I'll add it to the feature wishlist.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gone back to my Indonesian FM13 save. Won the league again last season having lost it the season before. But I've only won it twice in 6 seasons. Won the Super Cup(Match between League Winners & Cup Winners). Won that for the 3rd successive time this season. I also managed to win the Indonesian Cup last season as well having won that for the 3rd successive season. Just got a notification that we've gone 30 games unbeaten in the Indonesian Cup having not lost since the 21st April 2066. I'm currently at the 6th December 2068. We're 9th in the league after 5 games. Others around us have played 6/7 games so we can go top if we win the games in hand. Going to be difficult though as fixture congestion will take its toll this season due to some International competitions.

I've just finished playing my first season of Football Manager... ever!

I chose my favourite club, Central Coast Mariners - who have been pathetic this year IRL. (But now they've signed Luis Garcia, things are starting to look up).

The bookies said I was expected to fight for the wooden spoon, and my board set me a target to "be competitive." It was a really tough season full of a few highs and many lows. The top 6 positions (to qualify for the play-offs) always seemed to be just out of reach!

I went into the last game of the season in 2nd last place, but I was on 29 points and the 3 teams ahead of me were on 30 or 31 points. If I won my game and the 3 guys ahead of me lost theirs I'd qualify.

This is how the season wrapped up:

12642732_10208618195995832_5002774363668953422_n.jpg?oh=5d5ecdb263a916a3be2046d9b1078708&oe=5770AB35

Then in the preliminary final I faced Sydney FC - was 1-0 down at half time, won 2-1.

Semi final I faced Western Sydney Wanderers - again 1-0 down at half time, won 2-1. (Had not beaten them before up until that point).

Then the Grand Final was against Adelaide. I was 2-0 up after the first 10 minutes with like, a dozen shots. Then by 30mins Adelaide had 2 shots = 2 goals: 2-2. Then on the stroke of half time I scored: 3-2.

For the 2nd half I set the team to Counter-Attack and then contain. For the final 10 minutes I was down to 10 men due to an injury and no substitutions remaining. Held on for 3-2 to win the Grand Final cap off the most unlikely A-League season of all time. All my play-off wins were away from home.

This is what Australian Sports is all about. They love an underdog story and hence they love to have a minor premiership and a major premiership. The competition is set up so a team who's been crap all year can actually win the grand final.

So yeah... Call it beginner's luck or whatever - but what an emotional, stressful experience!

Just like to post an update 1 and a half seasons after winning the A-League grand final in my first year of FM - see my earlier post.

For my 2nd year, the board set a target of finishing in the top 6, and I finished 4th. I just narrowly missed out on another AFC Champions League qualification! However because I had won the A-League the year before, I got to to play through Champions League and ended up being narrowly beaten in the Quarter Finals by Guangzhou!

Now I'm into my 3rd season with no AFC Champions League so it was starting to look very boring. But before the season started my club was in financial difficulty and I had to face a board take-over. The new board gave me a $0 transfer budget, so I'm unable to buy anyone. I'm also unable to sell anyone at the moment - that seems really difficult in the A-League.

However, I had to release a few players because I had more than 23 players in my side who were over 20 years of age. But what to do when you have $0 in transfer budget and board keeps blocking you from releasing players? Thankfully I was given the option to select the squad bonus for the year. I set it to Low, which gave me $100K in transfer budget. It also made the players sad, because they really thought they could win the A-League this year.

But this $100K has allowed me to release 3 players and renew a few contracts that were going to expire this year. Whatever the case - I'm now leading the A-League and I'm almost half-way through the season! I haven't been in this position before with the club!

I'm also in the final year of my contract so have been declaring public interest in a number of overseas jobs - trying to get into German 3rd division, but hopefully a Div 2 French or German job comes up!

However, if I'm going to finish in the top 2 in the A-League this year, then I think I will stay on for another 2 years and contest the Asian Champions League again... (AFC CL takes place over 2 A-league Seasons, which is a bit annoying!) Hopefully my next mini-update will be telling you I've won the A-League Regular Season!

I'm hoping that, if I still continue to apply for jobs - it might increase my negotiating power when it comes time to renew my contract at the end of the season....

Won 4-1 at home to Shakhtar in the Champions League, one of our best performances of the season, but was 4-0 on 87 mins, conceding a daft goal when we switched off at a corner. Second leg, 0-0 after 77 mins, really good defensive display.

78 mins: Switched off at a corner again (different CB this time)

80 mins: Ridiculous error by keeper palming shot straight into the path of an onrushing striker

87 mins: Clinical finish at near post by Eduardo, who happened to be offside at the time.

Final score 3-0, out on away goals. This is one of the worst experiences I have ever had playing this infernal game. Had to vent

• 2 weeks later...

Archived